fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 496, butterflies wrote:I liked these posts from Galron. It reads slightly townie to me?
opposite for me. ive read some galron meta, and my read of it is that he has a certain attitude as town, and i don't think he usually replicates it very well as scum. it's a sort of independent confidence and secureness in himself. that type of gentle play, not very direct, posting reads in the form of a question to others, is something i see much more from scum galron than town galron

i don't feel super confident in this since i don't have a lot of experience playing with it firsthand, but he fits in nicely to every team i can think of, and i think he looks scummier than not
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: fae/faer + she/her

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:01 am

Post by butterflies »

(Hi I'm still mid psychosis but I've had a large CBD (not THC) hit so I'm using the bit of fog clearing that I have for this.)
In post 399, implosion wrote:
In post 370, Noraa wrote:i guess my main quesiton is just implo why are you placing an e-2 vote after asking us to take things slowly the next day?
annoyance at the quickhammer in this setup mainly tbh.

unvote

I don't understand what Noraa sees as special in fire's catchup post. Their reads are, I mean, fine i guess if Enchant is scum x_x. I also don't see how Noraa is arriving at the exactly one of butterflies/fire thing. Really I have not understood anything about Noraa's thought process in this game, broadly speaking.

I do also agree w fire that galron is kinda scummy. but I also don't think fire has really done enough to dig out of the pit Progo has dug.
Same tbh.
In post 400, implosion wrote:it's like. extremely problematic for this town that literally >1/2 of posts in this thread come from butterflies or Noraa. This setup demands more activity. It's so scumsided without the muses doing things that we can't just let scum lurk it out, because if they do that the muses are going to need to basically out themselves to get anything done. We need to step things up collectively.
You're absolutely right. But you should also remember we're two heads :P though admittedly I've been out of it.
In post 416, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 413, implosion wrote:
In post 411, fireisredsir wrote:in general he just feels like he's letting other people do the dirty work,
this kind of reads like muse fishing, for hopefully clear reasons. "letting others do the dirty work" is a really, really bad reason to scumread someone in a setup that revolves around town (both muses and VTs) intentionally trying to obfuscate whether they're the ones who are actually doing the dirty work.

I kind of get this vibe from the umlaut read as well; it feels like this criticism could easily be of play that is intentional as town.
gonna need some outside perspective on this. idk how best to play this game format, but i do not think that i am scumreading either of you for behavior that is more likely to come from town than scum, and i do not think that me calling you out for it is in any way fishing. especially since it was in the context of yesterday, in which the only real wagon was on town
Thats a damned good point. I'm going to double check that and Titus mentioned a VC that needs looking at...
In post 446, Titus wrote:
In post 343, butterflies wrote:
In post 160, Titus wrote:
In post 155, Noraa wrote:i mean hardest to catch, yeah probably.
I am.
@Titus, why did you make this post?

~Nancyfly
I have a reputation for being good at scum when active. I am just better at either alignment when active, especially in later days. You aren't familiar with that unless an alt.
You can be a hard catch, but rn you're doing the thing that worries me.
In post 459, Titus wrote:
In post 453, butterflies wrote:
In post 452, Titus wrote:
In post 442, butterflies wrote:
In post 435, Titus wrote:I'll catch up this afternoon/evening.
In Anything uPick, you were doing VCAs on d freaking 1, now it’s d2, where is your d1 VCA?

~Nancyfly
I was only doing VCA because nagged. Second VCA needs counterwagons, we aren't getting any. I read people based on their associations with others.
Who nagged you in Anything uPick? I thought you loved doing VCAs. When did this change?

~Nancyfly
I do love VCA, but I need counters to use it. VCA needs context and other decisions. There was no real counter to Dunn.
You made note of a votecount, why?
In post 498, butterflies wrote:
In post 497, Titus wrote:
In post 495, butterflies wrote:VOTE: Umlaut

I still think enchant is scum and he’s likely being bussed.
Why vote Enchant if you think he's scum?

I think scum is bussing him and scum has a deep wolf set up for endgame. I unvoted enchant because I don’t want a replay of yesterday. My current best guess at deep wolf is furtive.

~Nancyfly
We are both of this opinion.

I have a couple peeps to skim over and I'll make my stand.

we all know this aint going to be pretty if I make a stand.

_Butterflea.
hydra of
Flea the Magician (fae/faer)
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 498, butterflies wrote:
In post 497, Titus wrote:
In post 495, butterflies wrote:VOTE: Umlaut

I still think enchant is scum and he’s likely being bussed.
Why vote Enchant if you think he's scum?

I think scum is bussing him and scum has a deep wolf set up for endgame. I unvoted enchant because I don’t want a replay of yesterday. My current best guess at deep wolf is furtive.

~Nancyfly
If Enchant is scum, let's just vote him out today. Take the scum we're given.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 499, butterflies wrote:
enchant/Umlaut/furtive

Remember this when we die.

~Nancyfly
I actually agree with Enchant and Umlaut both being scummy. I think Enchant is the best vote today. I can't see Enchant/Umlaut together though. Obviously bussing exists, I just can't see why scum would do it in this setup, in which Town has a lot of information. Mafia scumreading teammates and townreading town seems like very bad strategy. I admit to not having a complete team in the same way that you do, but I think a more realistic solve is Enchant/Titus if scum!Enchant and Umlaut/implosion if town!Enchant. Galron could be scum in either case but I'm not sure on them yet.
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 503, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 499, butterflies wrote:
enchant/Umlaut/furtive

Remember this when we die.

~Nancyfly
I actually agree with Enchant and Umlaut both being scummy. I think Enchant is the best vote today. I can't see Enchant/Umlaut together though. Obviously bussing exists, I just can't see why scum would do it in this setup, in which Town has a lot of information. Mafia scumreading teammates and townreading town seems like very bad strategy. I admit to not having a complete team in the same way that you do, but I think a more realistic solve is Enchant/Titus if scum!Enchant and Umlaut/implosion if town!Enchant. Galron could be scum in either case but I'm not sure on them yet.
I can, enchant jumped on me the same way when I voted/pushed his buddy SS in Anything uPick. Scum!enchant doesn’t jump on me unless I push his buddy. So enchant!scum=Umlaut!scum and vice-versa.

And I also think the entire exchange between the three of you looks like scum theatre.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not mafia. I'll be impressed if you're right about Enchant/Umlaut, but I would warn against relying on meta too much. That's how we quickhammered town yesterday, because of a 'meta read'.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 504, butterflies wrote:I can, enchant jumped on me the same way when I voted/pushed his buddy SS in Anything uPick. Scum!enchant doesn’t jump on me unless I push his buddy. So enchant!scum=Umlaut!scum and vice-versa.
this logic doesn't really hold up. enchant doing something once as scum doesn't mean that they only do it as scum. and umlaut being scum doesn't necessarily imply enchant scum based on that, either
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 505, furtiveglance wrote:I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not mafia. I'll be impressed if you're right about Enchant/Umlaut, but I would warn against relying on meta too much. That's how we quickhammered town yesterday, because of a 'meta read'.
I hate to disappoint you but saying you’re not scum, does absolutely nothing to change my read on you. I am not easily manipulated.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 506, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 504, butterflies wrote:I can, enchant jumped on me the same way when I voted/pushed his buddy SS in Anything uPick. Scum!enchant doesn’t jump on me unless I push his buddy. So enchant!scum=Umlaut!scum and vice-versa.
this logic doesn't really hold up. enchant doing something once as scum doesn't mean that they only do it as scum. and umlaut being scum doesn't necessarily imply enchant scum based on that, either
Meta isn’t perfect but it’s much better than it’s naysayers believe but that’s not my only reason for my current PoE. There’s also VC and I do think enchant is likely being bussed and I have more reasons to tr everyone else on the playerlist more than enchant/Umlaut/furtive.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 507, butterflies wrote:
In post 505, furtiveglance wrote:I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not mafia. I'll be impressed if you're right about Enchant/Umlaut, but I would warn against relying on meta too much. That's how we quickhammered town yesterday, because of a 'meta read'.
I hate to disappoint you but saying you’re not scum, does absolutely nothing to change my read on you. I am not easily manipulated.

~Nancyfly
Help me understand your read on me. I hope it's not just thinking I seem towny and therefore pinning me as 'the deep wolf'.
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 509, furtiveglance wrote:

~Nancyfly
Help me understand your read on me. I hope it's not just thinking I seem towny and therefore pinning me as 'the deep wolf'.
I have a freaking huge gutping on you, and my rate on these is pretty damned good. Problem is they can be wrong but any time I ignore them, they're right.

So far, you've done absolutely jack to show me you're town. You're not inactive, but you're not exactly prodding and poking anything either to my memory.

There is absolutely a deepwolf being setup here, in the current thread state it would be foolish not to.

Again, my lucidity is questionable currently so I'm wanting to reinforce things before I commit to them. But I have caused players to rage by catching them out on these gutpings.

And of all the games to get them in... this one would be amazing if its right.

-Psychoactive Butterflea.
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 510, butterflies wrote:

~Nancyfly
I have a freaking huge gutping on you, and my rate on these is pretty damned good. Problem is they can be wrong but any time I ignore them, they're right.

So far, you've done absolutely jack to show me you're town. You're not inactive, but you're not exactly prodding and poking anything either to my memory.

There is absolutely a deepwolf being setup here
, in the current thread state it would be foolish not to.

Again, my lucidity is questionable currently so I'm wanting to reinforce things before I commit to them. But I have caused players to rage by catching them out on these gutpings.

I'm not entirely sure how one sets up a deepwolf, can you explain the logic? And your insistence on the existence of such a thing does sound a little bit baby pigeons... unless you just mean that mafia will try not to be scumread/voted, which is standard.
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 511, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 510, butterflies wrote:

~Nancyfly

There is absolutely a deepwolf being setup here
, in the current thread state it would be foolish not to.

I'm not entirely sure how one sets up a deepwolf, can you explain the logic? And your insistence on the existence of such a thing does sound a little bit baby pigeons... unless you just mean that mafia will try not to be scumread/voted, which is standard.

Enchant and Umlaut currently look worse than you but based solely off of gut, I’d probably vote you for giving me off the charts used car salesman vibes. Your posting just reads really fake to me.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Fair enough. I hope your feelings change. For what it's worth I townread you as much as I ever have. It's partly the hydra and partly the high frequency posting, but also a gut read. I also get the sense mafia might be townreading you in this game. In my experience there's usually a player everyone kind of collectively agrees is town. I think if you're mafia you probably just deserve the win for the amount of effort you've put in. I just wanted to explain my TR in case you think I have an unjustified townread on you even though you scumread me.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by numberQ »

Spoiler: Flowers
Marc Quinn,
Radioactive Nurseries of Enceladus (in the Night Garden)
(2010)

Vote Count (2.4)

butterflies
[0]

Enchant
[1]
Umlaut
fireisredsir
[0]

furtiveglance
[0]

Galron
[0]

implosion
[2]
Titus, fireisredsir
Noraa
[0]

Titus
[0]

Umlaut
[1]
butterflies

With
alive, it takes
to eliminate.

Not Voting:
Enchant, furtiveglance, Galron, implosion, Noraa
Deadline:
April 14th, 2022, 4:15 PM EST ((expired on 2022-04-14 16:15:00))
Hey!
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Not dealing with Mafia tonight, see you tomorrow

Fire asked me something about why I townread implo yesterday and I don't really remember beyond "I liked their posts" but will go through when I can be arsed and remind myself what posts sprcifically
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 513, furtiveglance wrote:Fair enough. I hope your feelings change. For what it's worth I townread you as much as I ever have. It's partly the hydra and partly the high frequency posting, but also a gut read. I also get the sense mafia might be townreading you in this game. In my experience there's usually a player everyone kind of collectively agrees is town. I think if you're mafia you probably just deserve the win for the amount of effort you've put in. I just wanted to explain my TR in case you think I have an unjustified townread on you even though you scumread me.
It seems to be extremely important to you that I tr you, because you’re trying awfully hard to change my mind. Of course, mafia is tr me, mafia already know I’m town. Like you keep saying all these really strange things.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:30 pm

Post by implosion »

I've had a very socially busy/tiring day, will do stuff tomorrow.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:37 pm

Post by Enchant »

Try to reset my composure.
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:37 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 513, furtiveglance wrote:Fair enough. I hope your feelings change. For what it's worth I townread you as much as I ever have. It's partly the hydra and partly the high frequency posting, but also a gut read.
I also get the sense mafia might be townreading you in this game
. In my experience there's usually a player everyone kind of collectively agrees is town. I think if you're mafia you probably just deserve the win for the amount of effort you've put in. I just wanted to explain my TR in case you think I have an unjustified townread on you even though you scumread me.
I kept thinking about the bolded and then it occurred to me that furtive wasn’t townreading me, he already knows I’m town. He has made it abundantly clear I’m already his strongest townread, so why keep telling me that? It’s overkill. He has a tmi on me and thinks that telling me he trs me ad nauseum will make me tr him.

VOTE: furtive

The bolded reads like a tmi slip.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:02 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 513, furtiveglance wrote:Fair enough. I hope your feelings change. For what it's worth I townread you as much as I ever have. It's partly the hydra and partly the high frequency posting, but also a gut read. I also get the sense mafia might be townreading you in this game. In my experience there's usually a player everyone kind of collectively agrees is town. I think if you're mafia you probably just deserve the win for the amount of effort you've put in. I just wanted to explain my TR in case you think I have an unjustified townread on you even though you scumread me.
Effort and frequency should not be AI.

Mafia will townread us because frankly Nancy is scary af when shes right. Same for me when I decide to lock on a read. Honestly hate to blow my own horn but Nancy's Lawful Chaos with my True Chaos should send many an alarm bell ringing... unless peeps are aware my lucidity is in question... even then Nancy's game is still impressive.

Honesty, your explanation for a townread is a bad one. But, I've seen worse. The problem is your over explanation and over enforcement of it.

We're past "Hey I TR you" and we're in the "I TR you plz plz plz plz plz tr me" territory and it's pinging me up more and more.

Thread preview shows nancys vote is on you, I'm fully there on it now.

As for deepwolfing, there's a few ways it can go. At the moment? Enchants the fall peep who gives the others towncred we reckon.

-ButterFlea
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:46 am

Post by Noraa »

I need to do a reread and read up but i dont think that is happening this weeekend.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Noraa »

vla until monday
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:29 am

Post by butterflies »

If we’re right and we die tonight, please remember .

I feel that we’re being positioned to join Gamma tonight.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:55 am

Post by butterflies »

Spoiler: Sing to The Phantom of the Opera - video inside to help

Nancy

In sleep they sang to me, in text he came.
That voice which calls to me, and types our name.
And do I glare again, for now we find.
By the wolves scared decree,
We die tonight.

Flea

Sing once again with us, our strange duet.
Our power over this, grows stronger yet.
And though you turn from us, you glance behind!
The Butterflies Hydra,
There in your mind.

Nancy

Those who have seen your form
Will stand and fight.
I am the force, stood here.

Flea

(With me behind)

Both

Our spirit and our reads,
In one combined!
The Butterflies Hydra standing there