Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 374, Roden wrote:
In post 369, skitter30 wrote:
In post 365, Roden wrote:Kinda have a gut feeling that Fire is the venge bomb, or I guess Alpha Zombie with this flavor
What's giving u thay vibe? Or at least, why alpha zombie specifically?
It's very angle shooty. Replace out after going VLA pings me. The slot was already getting scum read but wasn't going to be around to defend themself. If town or a Goon then it would be just be whatever, the wagon would probably dissipate anyway. But if you're the game ending role there's going to be a sense of responsibility and pressure to play well enough to not auto lose Day 1. So replacing out makes sense if you don't want to feel like you're letting your team down.

Yeet's read on the slot also feels off. They're hard defending them on very little, but Fire is hard scum reading them back. It's a weird interaction that makes me think it's just damage control to give Fire better standing among the potential elim choices for the day. Yeet cuts off the Fire wagon before it can stabilize and starts taking the heat instead by making odd/chaotic posts. But because Fire is one of the first players voting Yeet and cased them early, it won't look bad for Fire in the case of a red Yeet flip. It would be reasonable to say Yeet is just trying to pocket Fire in that case.

Yes, this assumes a lot and I'm seeing associatives/pre-flipping two people way too early. But their interactions don't feel natural. Fire's case on Yeet comes out too hard and too fast, and Yeet isn't reacting to any of it and is just repeating "Fire town" over and over.
Okay fine, towny post
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 374, Roden wrote:Yes, this assumes a lot and I'm seeing associatives/pre-flipping two people way too early. But their interactions don't feel natural. Fire's case on Yeet comes out too hard and too fast, and Yeet isn't reacting to any of it and is just repeating "Fire town" over and over.
I'm pretty sure if we really were partners we'd try to make a bigger show of it if you think that's the angle.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:40 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 370, Umlaut wrote:I feel like Yeet is deliberately trying to play to a certain style and that'¢ why their posts seem so fake. I'd guess alt trying to play more flippantly or something like that. Not saying it makes them town but it makes them not someone you can scumread on tone
I am an alt but this isn't that different from how I play on my main. I'm not like deliberately trying to play a certain character or anything.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 373, catboi wrote:
In post 370, Umlaut wrote:I feel like Yeet is deliberately trying to play to a certain style and that'¢ why their posts seem so fake. I'd guess alt trying to play more flippantly or something like that. Not saying it makes them town but it makes them not someone you can scumread on tone
Basically yeah, the scumreads on him feel more based on playstyle than anything. It is, granted, incredibly annoying, but that doesn't mean it's coming from scum. If I had to guess it's more toward the town side right now but that's a very forced read.
this isn't yeet's first game, and i don't think this is accurate
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by Yeet »

I keep feeling like catboi has tmi on people
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Yeet »

Actually idk, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

yeet why do you think im town
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 379, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 373, catboi wrote:
Basically yeah, the scumreads on him feel more based on playstyle than anything. It is, granted, incredibly annoying, but that doesn't mean it's coming from scum. If I had to guess it's more toward the town side right now but that's a very forced read.
this isn't yeet's first game, and i don't think this is accurate
I never implied it was his first game?
In post 380, Yeet wrote:I keep feeling like catboi has tmi on people
Based on...?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by Yeet »

I give lots of takes but don't explain all of them in depth. I think that's still better than someone who barely gives any takes and explains a similar number of them. A lot of it v i b e s and it's not necessarily meant to be persuasive to others.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Yeet »

Guarantee you would not see this many takes from me as scum, I'd make sure I at least have some fake explanation in my mind for everything I say.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 382, fireisredsir wrote:yeet why do you think im town
I think your push on me feels organic. There's a lot of things going on in the word organic that I'm not really sure how to explain right now.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 383, catboi wrote:I never implied it was his first game?
and what i meant is that i don't think this is like an inherent, typical playstyle for him. it feels way too forced, and designed to generate townreads for being kinda chaotic and all over the place
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 387, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 383, catboi wrote:I never implied it was his first game?
and what i meant is that i don't think this is like an inherent, typical playstyle for him. it feels way too forced, and designed to generate townreads for being kinda chaotic and all over the place
Yeah, well obviously I'm doing a really great job of that and emulating what people think of my townplay.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by Yeet »

This is just A+ scumplay from Yeet here
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Yeet »

You are thinking about this too hard fire. It's not that complicated, you overthink a lot imo
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 390, Yeet wrote:You are thinking about this too hard fire. It's not that complicated, you overthink a lot imo
I do too to be fair, I don't mean that in a mean way sorry if it came off like that. You are obviously a much better and more thinking player than I am.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 383, catboi wrote:
Based on...?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 392, catboi wrote:
In post 383, catboi wrote:
Based on...?
I already dropped it
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by catboi »

VOTE: Yeet

I don't really care, why did you think that, even if momentarily, and why did you move on from it?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 391, Yeet wrote:
In post 390, Yeet wrote:You are thinking about this too hard fire. It's not that complicated, you overthink a lot imo
I do too to be fair, I don't mean that in a mean way sorry if it came off like that. You are obviously a much better and more thinking player than I am.
see it's stuff like this
a) i do overthink a lot, but i think it would be more overthinking for me to disregard my gut scumread due to it being too obvious or whatever
b) i don't think im a better player than you and i think the way you're not giving yourself credit here, assuming it wasn't sarcastic, feels forced and fake
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 359, Pavowski wrote:
Prism has requested replacement.
No fishing memes?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by Yeet »

Just reading comprehension, I thought you said something and I had an impression that you had TMI on me and someone else, then I reskimmed your ISO afterwards to see if I could quote it, and found I was unable to find it. Hence my posts.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 395, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 391, Yeet wrote:
see it's stuff like this
a) i do overthink a lot, but i think it would be more overthinking for me to disregard my gut scumread due to it being too obvious or whatever
b) i don't think im a better player than you and i think the way you're not giving yourself credit here, assuming it wasn't sarcastic, feels forced and fake
What do you mean I'm not giving myself credit here? I don't think I'm a good player and I think you are, but that doesn't mean I won't give my opinion out in a confident way sometimes.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 395, fireisredsir wrote:a) i do overthink a lot, but i think it would be more overthinking for me to disregard my gut scumread due to it being too obvious or whatever
Yeah maybe that's fair.

Return to “Completed Open Games”