Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 618, Aristeia wrote:
In post 616, Roden wrote:1. Catboi doesn't need to say anything at all tbh. To me it shows a town mindset because of the reasons why he thinks it's townie. He doesn't explain the read but you can tell why he thinks my post was townie.

2. I mean, yeah? If those were confirmed facts then sure, but I'm not about to pre-flip 4 out of 11 slots like that.

3. It's just a behavioral read. I just simply don't think he would feel the need to say that and then continue to reiterate that as scum.
Have you read many games where Catboi is mafia? because I don't think any of these are good reasons to townread him because they feel like things he could easily fake.
I don't need to research multiple scum games to make a read here. It's not meta. I'm going off of game state + behavior + timing.

Even if you think the reasons for my read are shit, there are still better choices for elimination today anyway. His posts could be faked and my reasons for town reading him could just be NAI, but that doesn't mean he's scummier than Yeet or Fire or HEM.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:33 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

why am i scum roden
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 626, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why am i scum roden
Your scum read on me is weird and inconsistent. First you think I'm scum for not being proactive or trying to play the hero. Then I start posting and put forth a hero solve, and you scum read me for leaving my lurk phase and attacking LHF.

I care less about the "damned if I do damned if I don't" reasoning for your read on me, and more that I feel like you should've scum read me for trying to play to my town meta after you criticized my non-existence in this game. Or at least, I expected you to accuse me of doing that. And then you let it go to go after Umlaut instead, who's barely even here.

So I'm not sure what's going on with you, but your mindset with who you're scum reading, why you scum read them, and who you choose to attack just feels dissonant. Especially because you've scum read like half the player list now and just keep jumping from target to target.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:53 pm

i can live in multiple worlds

the lurking is not enough of a reason to lock you as scum, and i also imagine you to engage the thread regardless of your alignment.
i can definitely see a link between you and catboi, for how coordinated you are in attacking yeet
but i think yeet being scum is more probable

there's no reason to pursue your wagon right now if i think i can read you better post flip inside umlaut/yeet/skitter/fireisredsir

umlaut will be here and we have time for umlaut to engage me.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:54 pm

In post 627, Roden wrote:I care less about the "damned if I do damned if I don't" reasoning for your read on me, and more that I feel like you should've scum read me for trying to play to my town meta after you criticized my non-existence in this game. Or at least, I expected you to accuse me of doing that.
im also more nuanced than you think.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:59 pm

Post by Roden »

Why didn't it ping you that I did exactly what you expected town!me to do despite your limited experience with my meta?

I don't think you aren't nuanced. I usually assume people are good at mafia.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:01 pm

In post 630, Roden wrote:Why didn't it ping you that I did exactly what you expected town!me to do despite your limited experience with my meta?
...where is this discussion happening?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 627, Roden wrote:Your scum read on me is weird and inconsistent. First you think I'm scum for not being proactive or trying to play the hero. Then I start posting and put forth a hero solve, and you scum read me for leaving my lurk phase and attacking LHF.
do you think he's actually going to yeet you successfully out of this game?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 631, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 630, Roden wrote:Why didn't it ping you that I did exactly what you expected town!me to do despite your limited experience with my meta?
In post 220, humaneatingmonkey wrote:but this is like the opposite of lurking so if you wanna chat im here

what do you think about roden? i have the image of town!roden being more proactive, but i haven't really completed a game with him recently. here he seems content to be lazy — not as excited to be a hero.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 632, Aristeia wrote:
In post 627, Roden wrote:Your scum read on me is weird and inconsistent. First you think I'm scum for not being proactive or trying to play the hero. Then I start posting and put forth a hero solve, and you scum read me for leaving my lurk phase and attacking LHF.
do you think he's actually going to yeet you successfully out of this game?
I stopped expecting to live to Day 2 about a month ago. It's made games much more enjoyable.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:42 pm

In post 633, Roden wrote:
In post 631, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 220, humaneatingmonkey wrote:but this is like the opposite of lurking so if you wanna chat im here

what do you think about roden? i have the image of town!roden being more proactive, but i haven't really completed a game with him recently. here he seems content to be lazy — not as excited to be a hero.
it's what you would have done regardless of alignment. there's nothing to note further. what's notable was what you already did, which was lurk around and stay content to be lazy.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:43 pm

i dont imagine roden/catboi and yeet to be s/s
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:27 am

Post by Pavowski »

From the journals of Sir Cal Holland.
The treasures of this abandoned structure are too numerous to mention, and the mysteries contained within number even greater still.

For the whole of the last several days, we have explored the depths of this place, attempting to map its many passageways and chambers. But we have been unable to completely chart its layout, for it seems the farther we travel from each other, the more confounding its twists and turns become. Reaches of these chambers previously explored by some of our party, visited anew, seem different than the descriptions given by the previous explorers. In one extreme case, one of our most accomplished navigators, Ellen Croft, became distraught to the point of raving when she re-visited a burial chamber and found it wholly changed from her first visit.

Of course, the walls themselves cannot be changing; rather I feel it is some ill effect of the air, which carries an odd odor the farther from daylight we descend, working its effects on our thoughts. Still, we have agreed that it is best we do continue to descend. As long as we stay together, our exploration will surely yield rich rewards - and our findings thus far are rich indeed.

Our return to civilization will surely be one of triumph and honor; we will bear with us dozens of the finest treasures and artifacts, and the promise of many more when a salvaging expedition can be arranged.

It should be noted that return may prove difficult, as some property of the local geography seems to be throwing our compasses into disarray, but with proper coordination, this nuisance will be easily overcome.

Official Round 1.5 Votecount
EliminationWith 11 votes in play, it takes 6 to eliminate.

fireisredsir
(3): Andante, Roden, Aristeia
Yeet
(3): skitter30, fireisredsir, catboi
humaneatingmonkey
(1): Yeet
Ydrasse
(1): Umlaut
Umlaut
(1): humaneatingmonkey

Not Voting
(2): Ydrasse, Enchant

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-04-11 12:20:28).

Mod notes:
Skitter30 will be regular v/la Friday/Saturday.
Ydrasse v/la until Friday.
click here for joined mod iso.
:eek:
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:02 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 636, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i dont imagine roden/catboi and yeet to be s/s
how about T T T or S T T?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 580, humaneatingmonkey wrote:@Ari
@Andante
@Enchant

are you guys willing join me?
Where
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Yeet »

HEM feels kinda weird this game, idk it’s sort of a vibe thing.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Andante »

In post 639, Enchant wrote:
In post 580, humaneatingmonkey wrote:@Ari
@Andante
@Enchant

are you guys willing join me?
Where
Out back. In the alley. 3am.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:20 am

Post by Andante »

And for the record, I'm not looking elsewhere till we lim fire. I SR that slot way too much to let it slide
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:21 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 619, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 610, fireisredsir wrote:playing for bomb solving really is just so convenient, you don't have to scumread the people you're voting, and you don't have to vote the people you scumread
oh? who's doing this?
roden is voting me and i don't think they really scumread me right now. ydrasse was voting me earlier mostly from associations. you voted me in without really scumreading me, although you switched quickly

at the time i posted that i thought you were now scumreading me without voting me, altho now im not so sure. i do think you're scumreading yeet without voting him due to your umlaut bomb theory. imo that's cause you're prob just scum with yeet
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:21 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 642, Andante wrote:And for the record, I'm not looking elsewhere till we lim fire. I SR that slot way too much to let it slide
why don't you want to talk to me about it

i thought you liked sorting people by talking to them
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:23 am

Post by Andante »

In post 101, Bellaphant wrote:VOTE: andante

I just read a game of yours!

Skityer, hem and umlaut earlier town vibes.

Also, currently at a meet in a wood, I have very little signal.

@mod, v/la 'til Tuesday
I already had 2 votes on me, you can not convince me this vote was purely RVS. Bella saw the 2 votes went "I'll vote there" and said the most awkward thing to vote me. like, it's as if Bella felt they had to have a solid reason, which would make it a non rvs vote, and instead of just that, TRs on monkey and umlaut? there? those TRs make 0 sense. For someone with "very little signal" there sure was a lot of "reading" done... I don't buy it.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Andante »

In post 644, fireisredsir wrote:i thought you liked sorting people by talking to them
yeah when I'm unsure, but there's nothing you can tell me to clear up bella's actions. I tried talking to bella, and here we are. so instead I'm tunneling you till your'e gone
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:25 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 643, fireisredsir wrote:roden is voting me and i don't think they really scumread me right now. ydrasse was voting me earlier mostly from associations.
and btw i do townread both of these people rn, but i think if yeet is town then it's possible one of them is scum
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i have a confession to make.

i don’t think fire is likely the bomb anymore
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Yeet »

Okay like everyone scumreads HEM and I am once again the only person voting him, very cool

Return to “Completed Open Games”