StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:21 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 2923, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 2914, Cephrir wrote:ill make an attempt to get us to think properly about this even though it never works

don't just give me "the fire wagon must have scum on it." tell me why specific votes were scummy. show me the motivation. whose votes were opportunistic vs. well reasoned and believable.

merely being on the wagon is not convincing to me because i wanted to run him up too, even though i didn't put my vote there. give me more.

personally i haven't super looked at it, but one area i have an issue with is the rapid flurry of votes towards the end that resulted in fire being elimed without a claim. that's andres, mena, and i'd also lump in those who tried to vote him after he was already dead (i have not checked who this is) as scum could easily have not bothered counting
Literally already said this but I believe Dwlee and Titus' votes were probably the most opportunistic jumps onto the wagon. I don't buy the excuse with Lukewarm posting a readslist then replacing with "they didn't explain their read on me, so I'm voting here" which still comes off to me as just a means to hop on. Titus' vote is just never explained in the slightest why they were even on the wagon in the first place. Need to reread the other ones and look at others but these are these two are probably my most suspicious of from that wagon.

@Titus, why did you join into the Fire/Lukewarm wagon?
EBWOP.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ceph's assessment of the fire wagon now that he has read up on it is about the same as my own.

In our night 1 bomb PT, I listed andres/Titus/mala as the most likely scum on that wagon, and I still think we should lim in that group. Their votes are all terribad.

Mala is probably the most shot in the dark if I'm being real, but I kind of like the resistance we are seeing.

Yesterday when I was pushing on andres, his incredulity that anyone could possibly read him as scum struck me as quite off. Andres can be prickly sometimes, but he is not unreasonable, and any reasonable person would look at the fire wagon and have some level of suspicion toward him. Obv frog complicated my push there yesterday. On the other hand, we still have no NK, so maybe he doc'ed successfully?

Titus, meanwhile, has been abnormally quiet and has promised content a few times, but never delivered. Titus is a very smart player and is usually in the mix solving. I'm waiting for her to wow me, and I want to hear more of her andres thoughts...but I don't think I can wait forever.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:30 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2921, Cephrir wrote:i thought you said fire was scum in either solve

also, what is the status of these solves now?
Fire was most likely scum in the scum doing nothing to save scum!fire world, but I also thought maybe there was vocal scum bussing or something. The second world is kinda implausible on rethink but I was giving catboi a benefit of the doubt on the no deepwolf thing there. As for how I feel about a complete solve: there's been at least a week since I thought very critically of the game cause night phases are 3 days and we've had two of them, and for a couple of those days we were all pretty sure Frogs was just flipping scum, but I'm really not sure if we have a deepwolf or not. Throwing four names out: Mala/Titus could be scum cause no activity. Andres/Pooky can be scum because we should keep in mind Pooky has propelled a scum buddy to endgame off of fake doctor protection before. But do I feel great about any of that as a "solve" mehhhhh not really? I am just pretty sure Mala is flipping red here
In post 2635, Dwlee99 wrote:Cause being wrong on Fire when sheeping Bell screaming into the void makes me scum

But being right on Frogs on a push
I started and formulated
makes me scum. Fucking hell
i don't think "sheeping bell" is a good description of the story your posts have told. this feels like shirking responsibility to me[/quote]
Bell repeated "fire is scum" a ton of times. I had my own reasons to a certain extent, sure, but I also was just like "okay bell let's see how this goes" and I didn't even get a chance to reevaluate after Andres and Fire's claims cause of day ending. I didn't even end up reading all the posts that happened because I skipped to the flip
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:30 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

EBWOP
In post 2921, Cephrir wrote:i thought you said fire was scum in either solve

also, what is the status of these solves now?
Fire was most likely scum in the scum doing nothing to save scum!fire world, but I also thought maybe there was vocal scum bussing or something. The second world is kinda implausible on rethink but I was giving catboi a benefit of the doubt on the no deepwolf thing there. As for how I feel about a complete solve: there's been at least a week since I thought very critically of the game cause night phases are 3 days and we've had two of them, and for a couple of those days we were all pretty sure Frogs was just flipping scum, but I'm really not sure if we have a deepwolf or not. Throwing four names out: Mala/Titus could be scum cause no activity. Andres/Pooky can be scum because we should keep in mind Pooky has propelled a scum buddy to endgame off of fake doctor protection before. But do I feel great about any of that as a "solve" mehhhhh not really? I am just pretty sure Mala is flipping red here
In post 2635, Dwlee99 wrote:Cause being wrong on Fire when sheeping Bell screaming into the void makes me scum

But being right on Frogs on a push
I started and formulated
makes me scum. Fucking hell
i don't think "sheeping bell" is a good description of the story your posts have told. this feels like shirking responsibility to me
Bell repeated "fire is scum" a ton of times. I had my own reasons to a certain extent, sure, but I also was just like "okay bell let's see how this goes" and I didn't even get a chance to reevaluate after Andres and Fire's claims cause of day ending. I didn't even end up reading all the posts that happened because I skipped to the flip
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2926, VP Baltar wrote:Yesterday when I was pushing on andres, his incredulity that anyone could possibly read him as scum struck me as quite off. Andres can be prickly sometimes, but he is not unreasonable, and any reasonable person would look at the fire wagon and have some level of suspicion toward him. Obv frog complicated my push there yesterday. On the other hand, we still have no NK, so maybe he doc'ed successfully?
yeah, in agreement with this, that's what I was trying to get at with my . Andres tried to defend himself from pressure by saying:

1) Frog is scum and I'm obviously not partnered with Frog
2) I'm doc and there was no NK last night

and both of these things are pretty easy for scum to fake riff on to project indignation at being accused. The lack of NK is not clearing at all and I'd say is probabilistically way lower odds that town!Andres made a correct save than scum simply chose not to kill.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Enchant »

I am Bulletproof Miller Vigilante.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2804, Andante wrote:VOTE: Strange
In post 2848, Andante wrote:I may SR strange... but that's a read I can agree with (for some different reasoning though)

VOTE: Dwlee
In post 2862, Andante wrote:yeah umm VP having 2 bombs worries me tbh, and going "frog had value!!! must read into it!!" is not something I really want to deal with... frog just trolled around in the PT why are you implying all 3 of me greeting andres lied about what went on??

But I don't think VP is town, and that's why his groups keep successfully disarming bombs

VOTE: VP
Andante why not vote Mala?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Andante »

sure
VOTE: Mala
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Greeting »

Malakittens
sounds like a really easy slot to flip because she's done basically nothing in this game. And there is little resistance to this wagon too.

I am staying with my
VP Baltar
vote for reasons said earlier. Letting him explode relies on both the mafia selecting him for bomb defuser again (which we don't know if it's going to happen at all) and the judgement of three individuals, and I don't think I am townreading any of the potential candidates whatsoever. So I guess I'd rather get him out by voting him out and I don't really care who gets selected for bomb expert today.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

we shouldn't lim VPB because scum are going to try to blow him up anyway(if they don't try to blow him up thats basically a scumclaim)

no point doing their dirty work for them make him eat a bullet for someone else.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by Bell »

Someone needs to explain why VP bal shouldn’t just be investigated before anyone makes the argument they should be eliminated instead.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:35 pm

like game this out

if our policy is to blow up VPB if he gets a bomb

then scum will always make VPB the defuser if VPB is town

so when that happens booom time

and voila we solve the VPB issue without losing a lim

there's literally no point to divert and get paranoid of VPB atp - we're just playing into the scum wifom.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2935, Bell wrote:Someone needs to explain why VP bal shouldn’t just be investigated before anyone makes the argument they should be eliminated instead.
Cop me baby
YOUR AD HERE

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:02 pm

I investigated VPB he's a dirty scumfuck
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 2936, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: then scum will always make VPB the defuser if VPB is town
For what? They more benefit from simple paranoia where we need considering if scum have 2 defuses already.

... Actually why the fuck, i taking nap.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2938, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I investigated VPB he's a dirty scumfuck
Gonna have to get in line
YOUR AD HERE

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:07 pm

In post 2939, Enchant wrote:
In post 2936, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: then scum will always make VPB the defuser if VPB is town
For what? They more benefit from simple paranoia where we need considering if scum have 2 defuses already.

... Actually why the fuck, i taking nap.
scum want to kill townies thats the whole point of the bomb thing
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:07 pm

In post 2940, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2938, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I investigated VPB he's a dirty scumfuck
Gonna have to get in line
nah I got an express pass to the front row seats
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:08 pm

actually i was just thinking if we put 3 defusals on VPB and he gets a fourth defusal done

he's basically an IC
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

If team is Pooky/VPB/Andante/Fourth I'm gonna be so sad
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:10 pm

or if we policy blow him up at 4th defusal, we have 0 chance of losing

if VPB is town, we reset to 0 defusals for scum and we get three more defusals with no worries.

if VPB is scum, we just policy bomb everyone and dare the scumbags to try to win
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:11 pm

In post 2944, Dwlee99 wrote:If team is Pooky/VPB/Andante/Fourth I'm gonna be so sad
bruh i'm town stop your bullshit paranoia shenanigans
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Idk homie you sus
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:14 pm

bruh
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:14 pm

i'm so townie i'm like shining
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”