Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:22 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2471, angela wrote:like having three mafia players alive here would be significantly more beneficial to win percentage

and they have me as locktown because i am town and it wouldn’t make any sense for me not to be
Three mafia with one being probably dead by endgame anyway is not more beneficial than throwing them early to gain omega-cred. And you say that, but that's not why you are "lock-town", because if that's the reason, as would everyone who is Town and thus the game would be already over. Foolish
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:22 am

Post by angela »

In post 2473, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2470, angela wrote:because it doesn’t seem like a thought town would be entertaining here
I think it's fairly obvious that I don't play like a regular Town would, nor do I want to.
okay but why would town!you think the bus

would be more likely than my being framed?
love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:22 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2472, angela wrote:also kinda think a partial massclaim amongst

jacksonvirgo, malcolmtucker, andresvmb, nero cain and save the dragons

might make sense here
I'm not claiming, neither should Malcom. I vibe with them

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:23 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2476, angela wrote:
In post 2470, angela wrote:because it doesn’t seem like a thought town would be entertaining here
I think it's fairly obvious that I don't play like a regular Town would, nor do I want to.

You weren't being framed, if it was it's you as scum acting towards an agenda. It's never a scum play, because it wouldn't ever frame.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:24 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Also why specifically mention Town!me, that is kinda useless sitting there but it appears you meant for it to have meaning, can you clarify.

wiki // GTKAS
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:25 am

Post by angela »

In post 2475, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2471, angela wrote:like having three mafia players alive here would be significantly more beneficial to win percentage

and they have me as locktown because i am town and it wouldn’t make any sense for me not to be
Three mafia with one being probably dead by endgame anyway is not more beneficial than throwing them early to gain omega-cred. And you say that, but that's not why you are "lock-town", because if that's the reason, as would everyone who is Town and thus the game would be already over. Foolish
i disagree massively and think mafia doing this sort of thing outside of very very highly skilled players (catboi comes to mind) is generally terrible

across the board it doesn’t make any sense for me to be mafia here that’s why they have me as locktown, or at least why the town amongst have me as locktown

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:26 am

Post by angela »

In post 2479, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also why specifically mention Town!me, that is kinda useless sitting there but it appears you meant for it to have meaning, can you clarify.
because i can think of reasons scum!you would present that but not reasons that town you would believe that

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:26 am

Post by angela »

In post 2478, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2476, angela wrote:

You weren't being framed, if it was it's you as scum acting towards an agenda. It's never a scum play, because it wouldn't ever frame.
nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:27 am

Post by angela »

it’s frame or town roleblocker which seems unlikely

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:28 am

Post by angela »

In post 2477, JacksonVirgo wrote:

might make sense here
ah yes vibe with another player who at the very least has been mafia siding

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:32 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2480, angela wrote:

i disagree massively and think mafia doing this sort of thing outside of very very highly skilled players (catboi comes to mind) is generally terrible

across the board it doesn’t make any sense for me to be mafia here that’s why they have me as locktown, or at least why the town amongst have me as locktown
The first sentence might actually be valid, my strength in a game is my scum-play personally so it might be that type of thing. However, I do not believe it difficult to bus in fact it's humorously more common than you would expect. I do not see how it wouldn't make sense "across the board", it would almost guarantee that you are positioned in the upper-tiers of the Town unless you are absolutely trash at faking tone, which I would expect was in addition to what you call highly skilled players, but that's not a difficult skill to have. If you have any sense of what you are saying, you'd find it fairly easy to at least mediocrely fake tone when doing theatre.

Do I think you are scum here? Not fully convinced, but I do see the position of you being scum as somewhat more likely than if this situation has occurred without the missing action and your seeming insistent nature to defend your stance that it was a frame. I only thought it worthy to bring this up because I do not see anybody else bringing up this possibility given the circumstances.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:34 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2483, angela wrote:it’s frame or town roleblocker which seems unlikely
It isn't a frame. Because it wouldn't frame.
Town roleblocker does seem unlikely, do you see why I think it was a bus.

Or at least if you try to pretend to be in my state of mind where I think it's not a frame, ignoring that you disagree, do you see why I think it's too awkward and that a bus attempt is likely. If not by you, than someone else but I think personally you are much more likely than others.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:34 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2484, angela wrote:

might make sense here
Define mafia siding.

wiki // GTKAS
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:36 am

Post by angela »

In post 2485, JacksonVirgo wrote:

The first sentence might actually be valid, my strength in a game is my scum-play personally so it might be that type of thing. However, I do not believe it difficult to bus in fact it's humorously more common than you would expect. I do not see how it wouldn't make sense "across the board", it would almost guarantee that you are positioned in the upper-tiers of the Town unless you are absolutely trash at faking tone, which I would expect was in addition to what you call highly skilled players, but that's not a difficult skill to have. If you have any sense of what you are saying, you'd find it fairly easy to at least mediocrely fake tone when doing theatre.

Do I think you are scum here? Not fully convinced, but I do see the position of you being scum as somewhat more likely than if this situation has occurred without the missing action and your seeming insistent nature to defend your stance that it was a frame. I only thought it worthy to bring this up because I do not see anybody else bringing up this possibility given the circumstances.
it is not that bussing is terrible but rather that bussing in ridiculous situations that make no sense to bus in is terrible

like scorpious claimed day one due to pressure i was partly responsible for and it would have just been bussing for bussing’s sake

and! very importantly scorpious is obviously a very strong player why would that ever have been our collective plan here

i am ‘insistent’ because it makes no sense to me that you would believe this

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:37 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I do not think it's likely that Town would have blocked them particularly, even if Town does have a blocking role. So the only alternatives is a "frame" like you are suggesting, a missing action or it's part of an agenda. As I personally think the possibility that it's a frame is foolish, it's either a missing action which I think is also foolish to count on considering their position so it's an agenda. I do not think the agenda is a frame, because again I've stated I believe this to be a foolish assumption so what are the others.

A bus, likely

wiki // GTKAS
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:38 am

Post by angela »

In post 2486, JacksonVirgo wrote:

Or at least if you try to pretend to be in my state of mind where I think it's not a frame, ignoring that you disagree, do you see why I think it's too awkward and that a bus attempt is likely. If not by you, than someone else but I think personally you are much more likely than others.
no i do not see as it would not make any sense based on play

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:42 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2488, angela wrote:

it is not that bussing is terrible but rather that bussing in ridiculous situations that make no sense to bus in is terrible

like scorpious claimed day one due to pressure i was partly responsible for and it would have just been bussing for bussing’s sake

and! very importantly scorpious is obviously a very strong player why would that ever have been our collective plan here

1. Saying that it would be bussing for bussing's sake is omitting the power of a strategic bus.
2. I have no idea how skilled either of you are, let alone does them being skilled have anything to do with it. In fact, you said earlier a very skilled mafia would be the only one to attempt this play so in fact this goes against you.
3. How does it every frame you. Them as mafia as well as being scum-read enough to claim, throwing a frame that you are ascetic which doesn't even incriminate you, does not and never will get you eliminated over them. Thus it isn't a frame, it's suicide for the sake of suicide. Why would mafia just throw one of their pieces out for no reason

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:42 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2490, angela wrote:
In post 2486, JacksonVirgo wrote:

no i do not see as it would not make any sense based on play
How so

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:45 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I think you're too close minded to peer into an opposing perspective regarding requesting you to look into my own perspective, especially when it's against yourself, which is fine I guess it's not easy.

wiki // GTKAS
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:47 am

Post by angela »

In post 2487, JacksonVirgo wrote:

might make sense here
Define mafia siding.
consistently defending flipped mafia, in this case

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:49 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2494, angela wrote:
In post 2487, JacksonVirgo wrote:

might make sense here
Define mafia siding.
consistently defending flipped mafia, in this case
I see, yeah I wasn't entirely sure what you meant by that. I mean I also did for what that is worth, so them semi-aligning with my views so openly even when it'd be super easy to just turn on me and get me eliminated is a +1 for them being Town. Especially when just losing one of their partners.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:51 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

And I do not believe it to be scum pocketing me particularly because there is almost zero worth in doing so with my position in the town.

wiki // GTKAS
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:51 am

Post by angela »

In post 2491, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2488, angela wrote:

1. Saying that it would be bussing for bussing's sake is omitting the power of a strategic bus.
2. I have no idea how skilled either of you are, let alone does them being skilled have anything to do with it. In fact, you said earlier a very skilled mafia would be the only one to attempt this play so in fact this goes against you.
3. How does it every frame you. Them as mafia as well as being scum-read enough to claim, throwing a frame that you are ascetic which doesn't even incriminate you, does not and never will get you eliminated over them. Thus it isn't a frame, it's suicide for the sake of suicide. Why would mafia just throw one of their pieces out for no reason
1. only this would not have been strategic it would have been anti-win condition
2. no it doesn’t? like scorpious would need to remain alive for scorpious’s skill level to be beneficial to us i don’t get it
3. because they were already under pressure as you just said and because pooky had talked about the possibility of an ascetic and conveniently died in the night

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:54 am

Post by angela »

In post 2493, JacksonVirgo wrote:I think you're too close minded to peer into an opposing perspective regarding requesting you to look into my own perspective, especially when it's against yourself, which is fine I guess it's not easy.
i think it would be more likely my inability to do so rather than ‘close-mindedness’

as i am me and if i could be not me i would happily

hence the lyric quoted in my signature

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:56 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2497, angela wrote:1. only this would not have been strategic it would have been anti-win condition
2. no it doesn’t? like scorpious would need to remain alive for scorpious’s skill level to be beneficial to us i don’t get it
3. because they were already under pressure as you just said and because pooky had talked about the possibility of an ascetic and conveniently died in the night
1. It is most definitely not game-throwing, it would prop you into a higher position in the Town. Sacrificing a partner is not inherently game-throwing, nor is it even remotely when you consider the reason it would have happened if you are in fact scum here, which again I am not even willing to vote today I literally only just mentioned it.

2. Skill has almost nothing to do with it, you just replied to my additional addition of your earlier response not the main point.

3. It wouldn't have framed. Ascetic isn't a scum-particular role for starters, plus it wouldn't even have a chance of having you flip before them. It would have been much more beneficial to have a successful action N1 followed by the frame if they wanted to, which still very likely would not even work. I do not believe it to a frame, where you do. That's fine, I just disagree with you and my read on you is in association with that read.

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”