MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Masons + vig = 3 innos.

Assume no protective to make things simple and mass claim D1 and Roleblocker to be most beneficial to your case.
Assume scum gets a miselim every day.
Assume remaining town are all VTs.

12 alive
End of D1 11 alive
End of D2 9 alive
Start of D3 8 alive
End of D3 7 alive so if scum get a kill off they win. So D3 would be melo/elo with a guaranteed conf town no matter how you slice it.

Now if I am not generous and rolecop stays hidden then claims on D3 then town immediately wins unless every role is neighbor or goon for scum.

But yet a neighbor + goons how does that help find mason or vig?

I don’t think you can be town Koba.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

lol did mathblade just slip in the same way in the last time they complained about "muh townsided setup"
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

a) there's at least 1 unflipped scum, likely 2 -> you know whats likely?

scum gunsmith.

scum pt cop

your mech spec is unimaginative and aims to frame me as scum

just embarassing that i am good enough as scum that i have to bury 2 scum before anyone bothers to even breathe a townread in my direction
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2101, DkKoba wrote:lol did mathblade just slip in the same way in the last time they complained about "muh townsided setup"
No. Last time I was frustrated and off the walls.

Here if I was scum I would take whoever is not my partner(s) in SM/NM and call it a day.

There’d be no reason to push you or complain as through your pushing you’d win it for me.

I also don’t buy you know who the vig is either.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok enchant you can come forward
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

theories that dont fit will naturally have holes and I will happily expose them all :) now help me kill shadowgirl, the scum who thought I was going to just tunnel the same reads and would never flip onto her.
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2102, DkKoba wrote:a) there's at least 1 unflipped scum, likely 2 -> you know whats likely?

scum gunsmith.

scum pt cop

your mech spec is unimaginative and aims to frame me as scum

just embarassing that i am good enough as scum that i have to bury 2 scum before anyone bothers to even breathe a townread in my direction
Both of which frame as guilties to you if you’re town which is my point in the mech spec claim that they all have to be goons to you. Two town invests (rolecop + whatever scum has) and two masons and a vig can’t exist

So any PR besides neighbor or goon you find would be a de facto guilty.

So it’s not limited creativity it’s that you don’t fit.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

what is so strong about town rolecop?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i literally only got value out of it because my neighbor was a dirty liar
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2105, DkKoba wrote:theories that dont fit will naturally have holes and I will happily expose them all :) now help me kill shadowgirl, the scum who thought I was going to just tunnel the same reads and would never flip onto her.
So now that I think you’re scum you’re abandoning your tictac read?

Now that when Roden sees the points I am making he’ll unlock town you?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

roden was literally pushing me day 2 and trying to kill me over dwlee but sure math, tell me more
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2107, DkKoba wrote:what is so strong about town rolecop?
It means scum can’t have ANY PRs.

If scum had a single PR you’d see it.

A single PR of any kind against mason + vig gets instantly not gonna fit elimmed

And scum having no PRs against two masons and a vig and a rolecop doesn’t work.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

There cannot be an investigative with the ability to confirm or deny in a game with three innos because a conf town would end up in elo or a scum elim happens. It just doesn’t.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i think you severely overrate the power that my role has
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2113, DkKoba wrote:i think you severely overrate the power that my role has
I think you underestimated the power of the role you fake claimed or didn’t realize there was a third inno when you did. It just doesn’t work.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

sure, it probably means the rest of mafia are goons - but your idea of balance is not the same idea that the NRG nor RadiantCowbells has - and I even talked before this game with RC about game balance without knowing about this game - and he prefers roles that dont offer hard guilties but add to the game, etc.

so yeah :)

if my role wasnt able to get a single hard guilty that would suck, wouldnt it?

now - why do you think shadowgirl is town?
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2115, DkKoba wrote:sure, it probably means the rest of mafia are goons - but your idea of balance is not the same idea that the NRG nor RadiantCowbells has - and I even talked before this game with RC about game balance without knowing about this game - and he prefers roles that dont offer hard guilties but add to the game, etc.

so yeah :)

if my role wasnt able to get a single hard guilty that would suck, wouldnt it?

now - why do you think shadowgirl is town?
Okay now let’s assume for a moment the rest are mafia goons.

That means Dwlee was just a neighbor no power.

How does a powerless team find two masons and a vig?

They have to kill 2/3rds of that pairing to avoid being overwhelmed in elo.

I kinda don’t want to change the topic as I think going all over the place diminishes my case.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The moment you give scum an investigative town you gets a hard guilty because of the PRs that exist.

So either A> Scum have no way to find the masons / vig
Or B> They have the way to find masons/vig but then you’re a fourth that gets added to the must kill.
4 kills in 3 days means a conf town going to elo no matter what.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

What you should have claimed was PT cop and got a second PT on Dwlee. But I don’t think that worked for your planned bus.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh wait ha that doesn’t work either because that’s not normal lmao
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok well I expected at most to only get 1 guilty on a potential traitor rofl

you realize the game started *at* 12 players?
retired
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 2105, DkKoba wrote:theories that dont fit will naturally have holes and I will happily expose them all :) now help me kill shadowgirl, the scum who thought I was going to just tunnel the same reads and would never flip onto her.
What? We've been clashing all game. If I'm scum, why would I think that you're more likely to be on my side over HEM, who has been townreading me and I have gotten along with super well all game? I can't see what is logical about me as scum keeping you around over HEM.
In post 2091, MathBlade wrote:So realistically I think strictly mechanically Dwlee claimed doctor in a setup with a known vig.

Dwlee is a competent scum player so they don’t claim doctor without a damn good reason to.
Broadly, there was no way for town to know there was a vig until today, since there was no second kill on N1. Does that mean scum might be "informed"? Or otherwise the only other way to find out roles is DkKoba with their rolecop ability.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2120, DkKoba wrote:ok well I expected at most to only get 1 guilty on a potential traitor rofl

you realize the game started *at* 12 players?
Yes. That’s my point.

And no. You’d get 2 checks off unless you’re lying about being blocked.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2121, ShadowGirl wrote:
What? We've been clashing all game. If I'm scum, why would I think that you're more likely to be on my side over HEM, who has been townreading me and I have gotten along with super well all game? I can't see what is logical about me as scum keeping you around over HEM.
In post 2091, MathBlade wrote:So realistically I think strictly mechanically Dwlee claimed doctor in a setup with a known vig.

Dwlee is a competent scum player so they don’t claim doctor without a damn good reason to.
Broadly, there was no way for town to know there was a vig until today, since there was no second kill on N1. Does that mean scum might be "informed"? Or otherwise the only other way to find out roles is DkKoba with their rolecop ability.
I am going to wait until you catch up.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok im just going to ignore mathblade's trolling

seeya later
retired

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”