ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 124, Malakittens wrote:
In post 120, ItalianoVD wrote:That Flavor Leaf/koopa interaction on pg 3 is pinging my antennas.
What happens when two antennas get married?
Ahh yes, the ceremony sucks, but the reception is amazing! :D
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:03 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Anyway for now my hot take fresh off the press…

Scum team: koopa, Roden, Scorpious.

Honestly if I wasn’t leaning toward Flavor Leaf being town I’d think he and koopa were partners.

I think Mala is the LHF for today.

Well off to bed y’all everyone have a great night! :)
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:22 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

koopa prob town
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:26 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 127, Flavor Leaf wrote:koopa prob town
I gotta agree

although there's posts I don't like, but overall it's got a tone feel

so gut says town
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Facebones
Facebones
Goon
Facebones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by Facebones »

Hey pals, it's me- FACEBONES :D

Obligatory answers to Italiano's questions

I've been playing on/off for ~1.5 years. First game ever was on this site

I've only been mafia once, in some odd 4 player game as part of a hydra. It was highly stressful, being of the town alignment seems to be more fun for me after that experience.

I'm a lurker, prefer to sit and watch from the outside, seeing how other players interact with each other, see what interactions seem genuine and which seem forced

I find it difficult to lie. They apparently never come across as believable and people always seem to call me out on them

Anyhoo, I'm off to work, might be around in 5-6 hours
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:44 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I don't particularly agree with players making big detailed lists of who they think is town/mafia early on like Koopa - it often feels a bit forced in a way that feels unnatural, ultimately none of our reads are going to be that bulletproof at this point in the game. But by the same token I can see the value in sometimes just throwing something out there to see if it sticks early on to force some interactions, so I'm not particularly reading Koopa as overly mafia right now.

Agreed that Mala's interactions feel very caged so far and the "lighten up, it's day one" type stuff feels like a major deflection which wants to make others players feel wary about going in too heavily without addressing the substance of any accusatory posts. But I also get how that frustration could be genuine, so a slot to keep an eye on for now.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:53 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 82, Malakittens wrote:
In post 80, KittyTacky wrote:Self-consciousness isn't a scumtell IMHO.

I don't know how koopa "reads from the hip" on pages 1-2 and expects to be accurate in any way.
It's not, but apparently people think it's cool in order to use it as a scum tell, nor is being aggressive or defensive

but then when you go "its a rl thing"

thats frowned upon too

so lets move the topic along

if we dont want to move this topic along then just lim me now and get it over with
Following up on Mala, I don't think any of this is helpful from a town POV and again a lot of it seeks to deflect, but I don't think "lim me now" is particularly mafia - it feels like a very careless thing for scum to say at this point in the game. Obviously we're nowhere near an elimination yet but seen cases where someone who's town has eventually been eliminated on D1 for seeming anti-town/unhelpful and saying stuff like that. Feels a bit early for a mafia to be playing a gambit where they pretend not to care about being eliminated.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:20 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

VOTE: Malakittens
This one is pretty obvious.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:07 pm

Post by koopashell »

In post 122, ItalianoVD wrote:Catching up a bit…
In post 68, Roden wrote:Koopa's gonna be hard to read
Don’t think so.
In post 65, Malakittens wrote:I have played with JV twice so far; both times I have been scum. So there's the potential that he might vote me right off the bat which is fair considering that I been scum twice so far now against him.
Why does that matter? So what if he votes you? Do you always do that for people you’ve played with?

You know HEM made a good point when he said it sounded like you were addressing JV almost like you knew he was already town and didn’t want the smoke.

I’ve never played with you (that I can remember) but I would assume town!you maybe wouldn’t care that much.
In post 71, Malakittens wrote:tbh if i was self conscious i prob wouldnt have posted my first post
just saying
And this is a contradiction.

and ping me. Like the questions are kinda meh. Like almost like once they answer then what? They don’t seem like sorting questions. Feels like busywork.

I’m gonna place and in the townbin pile for now. :)

Geez is screaming at me dude.

VOTE: koopa
What did you find wolfy about it?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:12 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

But I also get how that frustration could be genuine, so a slot to keep an eye on for now.
Frustration can come from scum, too. In this case it is not town-indicative.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 130, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't particularly agree with players making big detailed lists of who they think is town/mafia early on like Koopa - it often feels a bit forced in a way that feels unnatural, ultimately none of our reads are going to be that bulletproof at this point in the game. But by the same token I can see the value in sometimes just throwing something out there to see if it sticks early on to force some interactions, so I'm not particularly reading Koopa as overly mafia right now.

Agreed that Mala's interactions feel very caged so far and the "lighten up, it's day one" type stuff feels like a major deflection which wants to make others players feel wary about going in too heavily without addressing the substance of any accusatory posts. But I also get how that frustration could be genuine, so a slot to keep an eye on for now.
My main reason why I disagree with Koopa in placing pressure on me in order to give reads is I know if I try to do a readlist it's forced upon me in order to "produce content/reads". It's very unnatural for me to post a read list this early esp on page 4 when we don't have a lot of solid content. Now if I wasn't town or if he was doing this to another player I'd maybe go for a scumbuddy coaching another scumbuddy, but he's doing it to my slot.

I'm not really deflecting. I'm trying to move the game forward, but everyone keep harping on the current subject is just giving either one of two oppurnities for scum to either "lurk" or jump in order to look like they are being productive.

Also I don't think roden is scum for what's happening right now. I think him and I are at a T v T fight.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:52 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 118, Roden wrote:Another layer to this is that, in that game you were scum in that I've been referencing, Toogeloo did the exact same thing you're currently doing, got town read for it, and did end up being town. I feel like that has to be at the back of your mind here, and that you're trying to get town read by emulating that same behavior.
Toog also got to skate by because there was other factors in which scum and town keened onto & I can tell you right now I don't believe that this playerlist will have the same effect.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:55 pm

Post by Malakittens »

The most scummiest votes on my wagon is NK15 & koopa. Koopa because I didn't like the trajectory, NK15 because that post was scummy af.
Roden is prob town as stated before. HEM is up in the air.

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:00 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 132, Not Known 15 wrote:VOTE: Malakittens
VOTE: NK15
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:01 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 134, Not Known 15 wrote:
But I also get how that frustration could be genuine, so a slot to keep an eye on for now.
In post 137, Malakittens wrote:The most scummiest votes on my wagon is NK15 & koopa. Koopa because I didn't like the trajectory, NK15 because that post was scummy af.
Roden is prob town as stated before. HEM is up in the air.
Koopa looks decent, don't agree with you for them but NK15 I can agree with. HEM is very likely Town, but not something I am willing to delve into as if I get everyone to TR them they gonna die. Roden I am indifferent about

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:02 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Was gonna response to the first but chose against it. Ignore that I quoted it

wiki // GTKAS
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:33 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 26, Malakittens wrote:JV I JUST WANNA LET YOU KNOW IM TOWN IN THIS GAME

I KNOW ITS GONNA BE HARD TO EARN YOUR TRUST

BUT I GOTCHU BB

VOTE: flavorleaf

Hi
In post 65, Malakittens wrote:
In post 27, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Spiritual vote on Malakittens
:good:
In post 32, ItalianoVD wrote:Malashell :wink:
I don't like being shipped with random ppl i don't know.

sorrynotsorry.
In post 41, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i also think malakittens is addressing JV as if they already know JV is town and is trying to get their trust. that's a very weak read tho, and it seems like there's background there.
I have played with JV twice so far; both times I have been scum. So there's the potential that he might vote me right off the bat which is fair considering that I been scum twice so far now against him.
In post 71, Malakittens wrote:tbh if i was self conscious i prob wouldnt have posted my first post
just saying
In post 76, Malakittens wrote:
In post 72, Roden wrote:Your first post was also very self conscious though
:facepalm:
In post 77, Malakittens wrote:
In post 74, koopashell wrote:I do find issue that Mala immediately denied the self consciousness in response to it being called a wolftell - as it *is* present, although I did not inherently find it bad.
Can you explain the denial, Mala?
I'm self conscious in rl???
but i dont feel like i was acting self conscious

but whatrever

can we get off the topic
In post 82, Malakittens wrote:
In post 80, KittyTacky wrote:Self-consciousness isn't a scumtell IMHO.

I don't know how koopa "reads from the hip" on pages 1-2 and expects to be accurate in any way.
It's not, but apparently people think it's cool in order to use it as a scum tell, nor is being aggressive or defensive

but then when you go "its a rl thing"

thats frowned upon too

so lets move the topic along

if we dont want to move this topic along then just lim me now and get it over with
In post 107, Malakittens wrote:it's more for getting warned by the mod thing.

I actually enjoy mafia sometimes and i really dont want to be banned

esp

for something so stupid of "oh she's being self conscious" lets vote her!!!
In post 112, Malakittens wrote:
In post 109, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i dont think you're being self-conscious exactly

i think you're trying to get us to townread you earlier by declaring to lim you right there and then — and assuming Roden is with good intentions trying to push you
it tracks with the idea that you wanted JV to townread you — and assuming that the slot is town
holy fuck

i didnt want JV to townread me

i just made a comment about me being town with him for the first time

fuck everyone lighten the fuck up

its day 1
TMI on JV, again.
Not trying to get townread by jv was probably true, mala was just looking for an entrance. But the TMI on JV being town is a clear, unambiguous scumtell because that assumption can come from town, but not at the time of post.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:08 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Confident in this vote.

wiki // GTKAS
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:18 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 134, Not Known 15 wrote:
I agree, I'd have frustration in general (especially with little info in play) as fairly NAI a lot of the time. Just I don't think that alone makes Mala look more mafia, it's the wider deflections that concern me more.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:22 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 135, Malakittens wrote:
In post 130, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't particularly agree with players making big detailed lists of who they think is town/mafia early on like Koopa - it often feels a bit forced in a way that feels unnatural, ultimately none of our reads are going to be that bulletproof at this point in the game. But by the same token I can see the value in sometimes just throwing something out there to see if it sticks early on to force some interactions, so I'm not particularly reading Koopa as overly mafia right now.

My main reason why I disagree with Koopa in placing pressure on me in order to give reads is I know if I try to do a readlist it's forced upon me in order to "produce content/reads". It's very unnatural for me to post a read list this early esp on page 4 when we don't have a lot of solid content. Now if I wasn't town or if he was doing this to another player I'd maybe go for a scumbuddy coaching another scumbuddy, but he's doing it to my slot.

I'm not really deflecting. I'm trying to move the game forward
, but everyone keep harping on the current subject is just giving either one of two oppurnities for scum to either "lurk" or jump in order to look like they are being productive.

Also I don't think roden is scum for what's happening right now. I think him and I are at a T v T fight.
I think a post like "lighten up" is very much deflecting - it's an attempt to get players to move off you by implying they're inherently in the wrong for suspecting you at all when a lot of D1 is ultimately trying to figure out players' motivations with limited info. That isn't necessarily mafia indicative either because if you don't believe you're in the wrong at all you're naturally going to want people to move off you, but like I say it's D1...people will pick up whatever leads are available and investigate them a bit. Plenty of us will be happy to move onto another subject but it doesn't mean suspicion of you has to be dropped entirely for the moment either.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:25 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 142, JacksonVirgo wrote:Confident in this vote.
How confident would you say you are? I think the Mala vote was very opportunistic but they've only made about four posts so far.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:28 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 145, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 142, JacksonVirgo wrote:Confident in this vote.
How confident would you say you are? I think the Mala vote was very opportunistic but they've only made about four posts so far.
Oh really?
Why is voting obvious scum opportunistic?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:41 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Italiano, where's that Scorpious read coming from?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:55 am

Post by Malakittens »

Again not really seeing where I did a TMI on JV.

My thought process was as follows:

Get my role PM - see it’s green. Get excited because I’m not scum finally.
See the player list and realize that JV is in it.
Get excited because I’m finally playing as town instead of scum with JV there unlike the last two games we were in.

Gets scum read for said excitement.

#reck

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:00 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 148, Malakittens wrote:Again not really seeing where I did a TMI on JV.

My thought process was as follows:

Get my role PM - see it’s green. Get excited because I’m not scum finally.
See the player list and realize that JV is in it.
Get excited because I’m finally playing as town instead of scum with JV there unlike the last two games we were in.

Gets scum read for said excitement.

#reck
UNVOTE:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”