Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 171, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 163, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 162, MalcolmTucker wrote:Only explanation I can think of is Mala doesn't think Koopa's play in general is scummy but that the vote itself is.

But yeah major discrepancy, good spot.
Why are you answering for mala instead of waiting for the reply?
I'm putting out a possible explanation as to why they could say that, they are of course welcome to clarify whether that is correct.
That's generally anti-town because it could give scum an excuse they didn't think of...
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:12 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 174, koopashell wrote:I think Facebones is a villager in all worlds I'm currently considering.
I'd like to poll peoples current thoughts on Scorpious if possible
Scorpious:Lurker.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:14 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 176, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 174, koopashell wrote:I think Facebones is a villager in all worlds I'm currently considering.
I'd like to poll peoples current thoughts on Scorpious if possible
Scorpious:Worker..

Fixed it..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:17 am

Post by KittyTacky »

UNVOTE:

I don't really like Mala but I will refrain from really voting them for nyow.

FOS: Malakittens
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:20 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Koopa is tyown.
In post 138, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 132, Not Known 15 wrote:VOTE: Malakittens
This one is pretty obvious.
VOTE: NK15
Not vibing with this chainsaw(?).
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:39 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 175, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 162, MalcolmTucker wrote:Only explanation I can think of is Mala doesn't think Koopa's play in general is scummy but that the vote itself is.

I'm putting out a possible explanation as to why they could say that, they are of course welcome to clarify whether that is correct.
That's generally anti-town because it could give scum an excuse they didn't think of...
I mean, it seems pretty obvious no? Players can have mixed thoughts early on in a game, wherein they think someone's tone is townie but a specific action pings them as possible mafia.
Facebones
Facebones
Goon
Facebones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Facebones »

In post 175, Not Known 15 wrote:

This. I asked addressed that question to Mala for a reason. I wanted them to answer, I don't really care about what you think are possible reasons.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:55 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 124, Malakittens wrote:
In post 120, ItalianoVD wrote:That Flavor Leaf/koopa interaction on pg 3 is pinging my antennas.
What happens when two antennas get married?
I know I was being funny with my response but what were you actually trying to say here?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:58 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Again, appreciate the responses to the questions. I like getting to know the people I play with with whom I’m not familiar. If I was giving out prizes, it’d be a tie for 1st place between Flavor Leaf and JV for best response.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:59 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 130, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't particularly agree with players making big detailed lists of who they think is town/mafia early on like Koopa - it often feels a bit forced in a way that feels unnatural, ultimately none of our reads are going to be that bulletproof at this point in the game.
This.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:04 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 133, koopashell wrote:What did you find wolfy about it?
The
tone
of the post mainly. I felt like the way you were asking her to post a readslist was kinda iffy. A readslist that early is 1) not gonna do anything as far as being able to read the slot and 2) a waste of time that early. And yes I do think it could possibly be alignment indicative.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:08 am

Post by koopashell »

Italiano, you should know that doesn't make it wolf indicative.
Perhaps consider this motivation, which is the truth:
I want to advance the game to the fun part asap(solving)
The most effective way to get there is to take stances and note reactions to said stances.
I have not even once stated any of my reads were set in stone - in fact mala has been fairly volatile here in view.
Tl;dr forcing reads advances the gamestate and you should consider people have diffrent opinions on how to play Mafia.

I ask kindly that you leave that point alone and evaluate me based on the content of my posts rather than how you think villagers should play the game.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:09 am

Post by koopashell »

In post 185, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 133, koopashell wrote:What did you find wolfy about it?
The
tone
of the post mainly. I felt like the way you were asking her to post a readslist was kinda iffy. A readslist that early is 1) not gonna do anything as far as being able to read the slot and 2) a waste of time that early. And yes I do think it could possibly be alignment indicative.
I already explained it creates a baseline to trace from.
Again, you and I likely see the way to solve the game in a different light. I asked for something that helps me, perhaps it doesnt help *you* but it does help me.
Talk to me about Scorpious, please.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:11 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

I missed this one. What’s obvious?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 188, ItalianoVD wrote:
I missed this one. What’s obvious?
Read my iso.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:17 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 135, Malakittens wrote:
In post 130, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't particularly agree with players making big detailed lists of who they think is town/mafia early on like Koopa - it often feels a bit forced in a way that feels unnatural, ultimately none of our reads are going to be that bulletproof at this point in the game. But by the same token I can see the value in sometimes just throwing something out there to see if it sticks early on to force some interactions, so I'm not particularly reading Koopa as overly mafia right now.

Agreed that Mala's interactions feel very caged so far and the "lighten up, it's day one" type stuff feels like a major deflection which wants to make others players feel wary about going in too heavily without addressing the substance of any accusatory posts. But I also get how that frustration could be genuine, so a slot to keep an eye on for now.
My main reason why I disagree with Koopa in placing pressure on me in order to give reads is I know if I try to do a readlist it's forced upon me in order to "produce content/reads". It's very unnatural for me to post a read list this early esp on page 4 when we don't have a lot of solid content. Now if I wasn't town or if he was doing this to another player I'd maybe go for a scumbuddy coaching another scumbuddy, but he's doing it to my slot.

I'm not really deflecting. I'm trying to move the game forward, but everyone keep harping on the current subject is just giving either one of two oppurnities for scum to either "lurk" or jump in order to look like they are being productive.

Also I don't think roden is scum for what's happening right now. I think him and I are at a T v T fight.
Ahh dang it Mala. I’ve done this as scum/wolf. Townread your attacker to try and soften the attack since people live to be townread. Ugh. Tell me I’m wrong. :eek:

Anyway I gotta go. I know I missed some things, but I’ll be back later. Ciao.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:20 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 186, koopashell wrote:Italiano, you should know that doesn't make it wolf indicative.
The most effective way to get there is to take stances and note reactions to said stances.
I have not even once stated any of my reads were set in stone - in fact mala has been fairly volatile here in view.
Tl;dr forcing reads advances the gamestate and you should consider people have diffrent opinions on how to play Mafia.

I ask kindly that you leave that point alone and evaluate me based on the content of my posts rather than how you think villagers should play the game.
I think this is good to a point because ultimately someone wants to spark some action on D1 and it's beneficial for the town to do so, but I think it has its limits in how much we can find - and more importantly if you push too hard early on it can let bullshitters in a mafia team essentially spout nonsense to look like they're actually taking stances, with the easy out later in the game that it was basically an early read and they can't be held to account for it because lots of people were making bad reads.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:23 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 190, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 130, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't particularly agree with players making big detailed lists of who they think is town/mafia early on like Koopa - it often feels a bit forced in a way that feels unnatural, ultimately none of our reads are going to be that bulletproof at this point in the game. But by the same token I can see the value in sometimes just throwing something out there to see if it sticks early on to force some interactions, so I'm not particularly reading Koopa as overly mafia right now.

Agreed that Mala's interactions feel very caged so far and the "lighten up, it's day one" type stuff feels like a major deflection which wants to make others players feel wary about going in too heavily without addressing the substance of any accusatory posts. But I also get how that frustration could be genuine, so a slot to keep an eye on for now.
My main reason why I disagree with Koopa in placing pressure on me in order to give reads is I know if I try to do a readlist it's forced upon me in order to "produce content/reads". It's very unnatural for me to post a read list this early esp on page 4 when we don't have a lot of solid content. Now if I wasn't town or if he was doing this to another player I'd maybe go for a scumbuddy coaching another scumbuddy, but he's doing it to my slot.

I'm not really deflecting. I'm trying to move the game forward, but everyone keep harping on the current subject is just giving either one of two oppurnities for scum to either "lurk" or jump in order to look like they are being productive.

Also I don't think roden is scum for what's happening right now. I think him and I are at a T v T fight.
Ahh dang it Mala. I’ve done this as scum/wolf. Townread your attacker to try and soften the attack since people live to be townread. Ugh. Tell me I’m wrong. :eek:

Granted it's early game and I'm not going to judge anyone not taking completely firm reads at this point too harshly, but do find it interesting Mala feels reluctant to particularly take on anyone at the moment. A clear reluctance which like you say could be wary mafia concerned any strong reads they make of townies will come across as fake and/or manufactured if they can't push said read properly and with good evidence.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 192, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Granted it's early game and I'm not going to judge anyone not taking completely firm reads at this point too harshly
Too harshly? Why harshly at all?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 147, Not Known 15 wrote:Italiano, where's that Scorpious read coming from?
This has not been answered.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:36 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 193, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 192, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Granted it's early game and I'm not going to judge anyone not taking completely firm reads at this point too harshly
Too harshly? Why harshly at all?
I'm unsure what point you're trying to make here? I'm generally agreeing with the fact Mala has made a lot of deflections and somewhat confrontational posts but doesn't seem to have that many thoughts on who is mafia. But I'm additionally pointing out that doesn't automatically make them scum for me because it's reasonable for someone to struggle for concrete reads early on instead of claiming to basically have the game solved 50 posts in.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:52 am

Post by koopashell »

Can people not quote 5 posts with parahraphs in them please? It's hard to parse on mobile.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 186, koopashell wrote:Italiano, you should know that doesn't make it wolf indicative.

This post needs to be pinned somewhere.

So tired of “you don’t play like me.. you’re scum”.

My playstyle changes from game to game as I will not subscribe to the alt process.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 196, koopashell wrote:Can people not quote 5 posts with parahraphs in them please? It's hard to parse on mobile.
Also agree with this. Spoiler tags please.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m ready to 1v1 someone who was on a Mala wagon.

Been feeling some scum energy getting pushed into that direction.

Where shall i pounce

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”