Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 1.14

With 13 players, it takes 7 to make a decision. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-04-25 00:30:00).

VC
Malakittens [3]:
humaneatingmonkey [], Roden [], KittyTacky []
koopashell [3]:
Scorpious [], ItalianoVD [], JacksonVirgo []
Flavor Leaf [1]:
Not Known 15 []
humaneatingmonkey [1]:
Flavor Leaf []
ItalianoVD [1]:
koopashell []

Not voting [4]:
MalcolmTucker, MathBlade, Andresvmb, Malakittens []

mod notesAndresvmb replaces Saladman27, and MathBlade replaces Facebones.

flavor
Spoiler:
Last edited by Cat Scratch Fever on Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 814, koopashell wrote:Incredibly - I went through some meta on Scorpious.. and I am shocked to find that their WOLFPLAY has more depth than their villager play somehow.
When comparing:
This wolf game from a game called Internal Affairs:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88949&user_select[]=26244
and this Villager game from a game called Polish Rap:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88570&user_select[]=26244

Also interesting tidbit I found in the wolf chat:
Subject: Infernal Affairs Mafia PT
Scorpious wrote:Oh, yeah. You should know that.

I’ll be scum read by page 4. I just come off as scum all the time. I usually get out of it but. There will be a push on me. I’m just not that good at this, but I like the game so much.
I think FL noted that we both played a game with Scorpious a while back where they approached the game in a similar way to this as town. I'm aware Scorpious seems to roll scum a lot and I sometimes get the impression they're maybe more comfortable in that slot early game than as town - I can conceivably see D1 Scorpious just not having that many decisive thoughts or opinions at the moment and not being particularly active or concerned about the main arguments and interactions as a result.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:39 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Provided they're not teammates working together here, FL's defence of Scorpious also felt genuine and townie to me - Koopa was clearly become keen on Scorpious for a while and when FL was under some pressure I think an alternative Scorpious wagon could have potentially been quite workable to take the heat away from them a bit. Obviously that doesn't clarify Scorpious' alignment but struck me as helpful from FL - again, mafia want to keep info hidden and that was some useful clarity that's given Koopa a lot more context on Scorpious in general I'd argue.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:41 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Not sure how keen I necessarily am on the sudden return of the Mala wagon, feel like possible mafia in there trying to direct some attention back to an early game suspect since the FL wagon wasn't working. HEM isn't looking particularly good to me in particular to be honest.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:49 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 783, Roden wrote:
In post 767, koopashell wrote:And I also want you to tell me how you feel about Scorpious
They barely have any content, so it's hard to have any kind of feeling towards them. I do think activity is alignment indicative for them though.
So then you
do
know how to feel about them.
In post 785, Roden wrote:Just checked the timer and we still have an entire week to go. Just chill and let people push and prod naturally instead of chainsawing our efforts to case anyone who isn't your current top priority. If we near EoD and somehow nobody has had anything to say about Scorpius and they're still not playing, then yeah let's hard pressure them because the game state would imply they're just scum at that point.
But you already said activity is alignment indicative for them so the lack thereof should signify scum even right now right? Also how full proof is that strategy for you?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:53 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 792, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: Malakittens
Unless there's a hidden dimension of play that I'm not really interested in talking about just yet
In post 804, Roden wrote:VOTE: Malakittens
In post 805, KittyTacky wrote:VOTE: Malakittens

Choo choo.
In post 815, koopashell wrote:Yeah. I am reading through and Scorpious is 10x more lost as a villager than as a wolf :lol:

That really is an unfortunate meta to have. Let me switch it up to what I have noticed lately from the others: VOTE: Mala
So we’re really back here huh?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:56 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

is a massive overreaction to what I assume is in response to .
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:57 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 830, koopashell wrote:I think Jackson's reaction to me finding Scorpious as town is incredibly wolfy.
How do you know that’s what's it for?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Hello all. I wanted to play this game so badly with you all that I replaced in. I need to read a bit so bear with me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 849, MalcolmTucker wrote:I didn't particularly like Roden's reaction to FL and I thought their argument Flavor wasn't really being clear with their reads felt very off given the state of the game so far. But I'm not sure mafia Roden has any way to react the way they did - the push was long past and it felt like essentially picking a fight which suddenly put them in contention again as possible mafia. If you're mafia, best just to ignore and move on from that I think.
I'm actually starting to come back around to ScumRoden. I do think they had reason to do so because it was actively helping fuel the Flavor Leaf wagon, and it was attempting to bring me down into the overall gamestate feel as scum to people.

Human I can see in a very similar vain as it was when I pushed you last game, so I see a town world with them.

And NK15 was also pushing me because of the same thing Roden was, so it feels kind of like Roden piggybacked onto NK15's push to keep the momentum going.

VOTE: Roden

Is that a good enough reason for you, Roden?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:02 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 844, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 814, koopashell wrote:Incredibly - I went through some meta on Scorpious.. and I am shocked to find that their WOLFPLAY has more depth than their villager play somehow.
When comparing:
This wolf game from a game called Internal Affairs:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88949&user_select[]=26244
and this Villager game from a game called Polish Rap:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88570&user_select[]=26244

Also interesting tidbit I found in the wolf chat:
Subject: Infernal Affairs Mafia PT
Scorpious wrote:Oh, yeah. You should know that.

I’ll be scum read by page 4. I just come off as scum all the time. I usually get out of it but. There will be a push on me. I’m just not that good at this, but I like the game so much.
Since you’re in the spirit of doing meta dives, why not do mine and let me know what you come up with. :]
Or mine :p
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:03 am

Post by koopashell »

In post 833, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 830, koopashell wrote:I think Jackson's reaction to me finding Scorpious as town is incredibly wolfy.
I voted you for no reason outside of just to see how you would react. Which you did so poorly with a retaliatory scum read, I gave zero context in which you fabricated one instead, even after asking me to elaborate.
Oh I fabricated it?
A naked vote after I move to villa read someone was wolfy in context. If I'm so wolfy - case me based on my.play so far.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think I might be town reading Human now, idk. I'll sit on it, but today's a new day, I had a day to sit on it.

I really think it's Roden now, and I don't think I would have if I still thought Human was more likely scum than town.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:03 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 858, Andresvmb wrote:Hello all. I wanted to play this game so badly with you all that I replaced in. I need to read a bit so bear with me.
Yoo Andres! Good to have you bro! This is gonna be good!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:04 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 858, Andresvmb wrote:Hello all. I wanted to play this game so badly with you all that I replaced in. I need to read a bit so bear with me.
You'll see that I already pocketed you. I was hoping you were gonna be the one coming into the slot when the mod said they had a pre existing replacement lined up.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:04 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 859, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 849, MalcolmTucker wrote:I didn't particularly like Roden's reaction to FL and I thought their argument Flavor wasn't really being clear with their reads felt very off given the state of the game so far. But I'm not sure mafia Roden has any way to react the way they did - the push was long past and it felt like essentially picking a fight which suddenly put them in contention again as possible mafia. If you're mafia, best just to ignore and move on from that I think.
I'm actually starting to come back around to ScumRoden. I do think they had reason to do so because it was actively helping fuel the Flavor Leaf wagon, and it was attempting to bring me down into the overall gamestate feel as scum to people.

Human I can see in a very similar vain as it was when I pushed you last game, so I see a town world with them.

And NK15 was also pushing me because of the same thing Roden was, so it feels kind of like Roden piggybacked onto NK15's push to keep the momentum going.

I can see that, will take a fuller ISO look in due time to see where I stand on it. Presuming one or two mafia were on your wagon if you're town, do you reckon it's likely one of them has been TR'ing you/held back as a misdirect or to distance themselves from it? I'd expect so.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:05 am

Post by koopashell »

Jackson - pray tell, what reads have you had this game thus far at all?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Koopa - I think the sheer fact that Jackson voted you here is townie in itself.

Like you are going back and forth a lot, something I also do, and besides the PR claim empowerment to 1v1 which felt more ego emotion based anyway, you've had a generally townie mindset, and scum probably wouldnt try to push you the way that JV did. They might try to push you, but not by just voting like that, if that makes sense.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:07 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Human's transition on FL feels very weak and very much like a careful climbdown given where they were at before.

VOTE: Humaneatingmonkeys
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:07 am

Post by koopashell »

In post 849, MalcolmTucker wrote:Alright, all caught up.

I fundamentally really think Flavor is town here although I'm aware I could of course be getting manipulated. Need to ask - would the current state of the game be beneficial to FL if they were mafia, given how they've approached it? And I think the answer is no. The D1 conflicts/arguments here should give us plenty of info going forward and it's beneficial to mafia to fundamentally keep as much info as they can hidden from town.

I also think we'd have seen more people directly batting for FL when they were under suspicion and starting to become the main wagon. The way it's died down now indicates to me someone in mafia (whether HEM or Roden) didn't have their heart in it and didn't think it was going to go anywhere in the end.

I didn't particularly like Roden's reaction to FL and I thought their argument Flavor wasn't really being clear with their reads felt very off given the state of the game so far. But I'm not sure mafia Roden has any way to react the way they did - the push was long past and it felt like essentially picking a fight which suddenly put them in contention again as possible mafia. If you're mafia, best just to ignore and move on from that I think.

Koopa is very much towning it up now, not necessarily agreed with everything they've said at times but their logic/approach seems a lot more solid now as the game goes on.
I mean there's more info as the game goes on so naturally thats the trajectory :P
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 865, MalcolmTucker wrote:

I can see that, will take a fuller ISO look in due time to see where I stand on it. Presuming one or two mafia were on your wagon if you're town, do you reckon it's likely one of them has been TR'ing you/held back as a misdirect or to distance themselves from it? I'd expect so.

Yep. I stated when I did my reads list that there was a scum likely in my town reads.

I will say I'm liking so much of what youve been saying the past page, I'm getting paranoid im getting pocketed.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 867, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Koopa - I think the sheer fact that Jackson voted you here is townie in itself.

Like you are going back and forth a lot, something I also do, and besides the PR claim empowerment to 1v1 which felt more ego emotion based anyway, you've had a generally townie mindset, and scum probably wouldnt try to push you the way that JV did. They might try to push you, but not by just voting like that, if that makes sense.
Agreed, want to hear more from Jackson but I don't think that action is scummy either.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 870, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 865, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Yep. I stated when I did my reads list that there was a scum likely in my town reads.

I will say I'm liking so much of what youve been saying the past page, I'm getting paranoid im getting pocketed.
Trust me, the feeling is mutual...
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 868, MalcolmTucker wrote:Human's transition on FL feels very weak and very much like a careful climbdown given where they were at before.

VOTE: Humaneatingmonkeys
damn, see I like this too, because I felt like Human might have just been playing a way to get me to town read him.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:10 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

It feels like too much of a mindmeld to be coming from scum. Feels more like town coming from the same spot.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”