Val89
CornPuffBuddha (1):
abdbla
Takemikazuchi02 (1):
TTTT

Not Voting (1):
ItalianoVD

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is April 24 at 6:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-04-24 18:00:00)

Notes:
Asphodelus is V/LA from 4/16-4/18
abdbla
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:00 am

Post by abdbla »

In post 122, CornPuffBuddha wrote:@Abdbla 116 "I don't want to comment on all of the last two pages of stuff..." - Why?
I've only taken notes and thought about individual responses so far. I think I'll probably benefit more from having a relatively clear headspace about who's what than I'd benefit from trying to participate in discussion properly this early.
Takemikazuchi02 wrote:A 24 game sample size is meaningless.
okay. I haven't done the math on how unlikely the result is given the sample, but fair enough.
furtiveglance wrote:It looks like Italiano was the only one not to greet this game. Do you townread them strongly?
Am I misreading the thread? From what I can tell, at least, you didn't, TTTT didn't, I didn't.
And no, I don't. All of my "reads", if you can call them that, are gut and instinct. I don't particularly trust my gut, so I haven't formulated any reads yet.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:14 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Vote Take with me abdbla. :)

VOTE: Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

Not even gonna respond to anything I said? I'm tired of your bullshit.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:02 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 115, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I explained this is my next post. Why are you ignoring that?
I didn't ignore it. It just wasn't relevant to what I was pointing out.
In post 115, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I'm not gonna argue about RVS semantics for a second game in a row. My definition of RVS means we will be in RVS for most of day 1.
Well then you'll be wrong. RVS doesn't have a set time frame. And even if it did what would
you
consider NOT RVS anymore? And then even if you considered it, doesn't mean everyone else does or should.
In post 115, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:This is what I meant.
Ahh. Duly noted.
In post 115, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Because you would both have been at E-2 if TTTT voted for you and we would have gotten much more information if that happened.
How do you think there would have been much more information? If you can please elaborate on that without using Asphodelus was V/LA.
In post 115, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:What does this mean?
In 2091 your tone was pleasant. And you only became frustrated or agitated when it was genuinely warranted. I felt from your first 10 or so posts that you were town and I would have probably said so if I was in that game. This game so far what I get from your tone is agitation, annoyance, and irritation. I haven't seen a reason for this. It's pretty much the same playerlist as last game so it's not like you hate the players. I'm assuming it's because of a change in alignment from last game. Subtle changes in a person's psychology when playing as scum or and then as town is a scientific reality. I think this is what's happening here. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am in this instance.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:Honestly, I don't care about the Dunning-Kruger of veterans thinking random meaningless things are actual tells because of their cognitive bias. I'm not gonna take this subject seriously from now on.
Again, they're not random or meaningless. It's also not foolproof, so I would never base my read 100% on it, but I also would not totally disregard because as has already been shown, it does have some bearing statistically. Just because you don't like it or think it's dumb doesn't mean isn't real.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:Its better if you came out clean with your thoughts instead of acting you're smarter than everyone and justifying your stupid questions with "I was just testing you". Don't forget everyone has the same vote you do.
Oh no, I think I'm smart, but not smarter than everyone. This is how I play and like I said I've been playing forum mafia since 2006 so I've literally seen it all and done it all. It's hard not to come off as arrogant or overbearing, but I try my best not to.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:37 am

In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:I didn't ignore it. It just wasn't relevant to what I was pointing out.
My talk with you isn't relevant to you voting for me? Sure?
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:How do you think there would have been much more information? If you can please elaborate on that without using Asphodelus was V/LA.
You don't think putting someone who's not in V/LA at E-2 would give us more information than someone who can't even reply? This is why your questions are stupid.
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:In 2091 your tone was pleasant. And you only became frustrated or agitated when it was genuinely warranted. I felt from your first 10 or so posts that you were town and I would have probably said so if I was in that game. This game so far what I get from your tone is agitation, annoyance, and irritation. I haven't seen a reason for this. It's pretty much the same playerlist as last game so it's not like you hate the players. I'm assuming it's because of a change in alignment from last game. Subtle changes in a person's psychology when playing as scum or and then as town is a scientific reality. I think this is what's happening here. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am in this instance.
I'm playing similarly to how I was game 1 except now I have to deal with you, if I sound annoyed and irritated its because of you.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:Again, they're not random or meaningless. It's also not foolproof, so I would never base my read 100% on it, but I also would not totally disregard because as has already been shown, it does have some bearing statistically. Just because you don't like it or think it's dumb doesn't mean isn't real.
It absolutely is dumb. I'm not gonna argue about this bullshit anymore.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

I've answered your questions. I would appreciate it if you could answer mine now. does none of that and it's making me much more okay voting you.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Out of the active people (Italiano, Take, abdbla, Corn, BigTerp), Most town for me are Take and Terp.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:13 pm

What question did I not answer?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 130, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:You don't think putting someone who's not in V/LA at E-2 would give us more information than someone who can't even reply? This is why your questions are stupid.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:23 pm

Ok I'm done with you

VOTE: Italiano

This is E-1
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

This is not answering the question. And that's why I asked you specifically to lay down your thoughts on how myself or Corn would get more information by being at E-2 than with Asphodelus.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

I'd like to see what the other players from 2091 think about you.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:41 pm

I literally answered it though
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 138, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I literally answered it though
You didn't actually. I asked if you could detail an answer for me, but you say this:
"You don't think putting someone who's not in V/LA at E-2 would give us more information than someone who can't even reply?"
You literally asked a question to "answer" a question. That's not an answer. I'm not trying to be difficult I'm trying to get you to open up because a lot of your answers to everyone have been frustrated one liners with nothing to go by. Where is the eloquence you had in 2091?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

It's literally the reason why I asked you the question so that you can actually answer, but you know what don't worry about it. You don't have to answer it. I have all the information I need.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Italiano's gameplay at the moment is scum+. Town should make an effort to be open and I don't see that. I also think it's easy to fake reads by acting mysterious.
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

In post 132, furtiveglance wrote:Out of the active people (Italiano, Take, abdbla, Corn, BigTerp), Most town for me are Take and Terp.
What's your towncase on Terp, furtive? If you have one worth mentioning.

I guess I'm not really sure what to say on the Take-Italiano situation that hasn't already been said. I think Take is getting way too standoffish, but that's not exactly a scumtell, and their posts are honestly much more logically coherent - it atleast feels like they're trying to move the game forwards. With Italiano, I'm not so sure - they're also being rather opaque, as furtive has already said.

To respond to , I don't think my answer will be as relevant as the others because I was scum in that game, so being an adversary with Take probably changed my view of them in that one, though their playstyle seems generally fine. Took them a bit to get to grips with the format but that's everyone. They seem quick to irritate which I'm not a huge fan of from a player perspective but from a game perspective it's probably NAI. In fact, I'd expect newbscum to be less quick to irritate and more focused on passing off an image of being cool, calm and collected. I know that's how I played my newbscum game.
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

Also I personally find Abdbla's response in to be a bit iffy. Could just be a playstyle thing, but I definitely prefer to have the most people talking possible (given they're not blowing hot air), seems like the most pro-town situation to be in.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:31 pm

I'm gonna try one more time and explain things as if you were a child.

There were three people at E-3. Aspho, Corn and you. Aspho is V/LA for the next two days.
TTTT had the choice of putting either Aspho or you at E-2, he choose Aspho. He's either a townie looking to create discussion and advance the game or a maf trying to look like he's doing that.
If the goal is to create discussion, then why not vote you instead of someone who isn't here?

Did you need me to spell everything out like this for you to understand? You wore down all my patience.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 142, CornPuffBuddha wrote:
In post 132, furtiveglance wrote:Out of the active people (Italiano, Take, abdbla, Corn, BigTerp), Most town for me are Take and Terp.
What's your towncase on Terp, furtive? If you have one worth mentioning.

I guess I'm not really sure what to say on the Take-Italiano situation that hasn't already been said. I think Take is getting way too standoffish, but that's not exactly a scumtell, and their posts are honestly much more logically coherent - it atleast feels like they're trying to move the game forwards. With Italiano, I'm not so sure - they're also being rather opaque, as furtive has already said.

To respond to , I don't think my answer will be as relevant as the others because I was scum in that game, so being an adversary with Take probably changed my view of them in that one, though their playstyle seems generally fine. Took them a bit to get to grips with the format but that's everyone. They seem quick to irritate which I'm not a huge fan of from a player perspective but from a game perspective it's probably NAI. In fact, I'd expect newbscum to be less quick to irritate and more focused on passing off an image of being cool, calm and collected. I know that's how I played my newbscum game.
Not a towncase as much as it is gut feeling early. Interesting you didn't question the townread on Take, is that because you agree?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by TTTT »

sorry
busy weekend and I forgot to check in
give me a minute to catch up
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 76, CornPuffBuddha wrote:I do not understand TTTT's interpretation of T02's .
I don't like how T02 assumes I'm town trying to get information
In post 60, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Everyone can see what you're doing though so we're not gonna get good information out of this.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 78, Val89 wrote:With respect to votes on T02 and CPB, I saw TTTT made reference to this 'tell' in a recent game, although I can't remember off the top of my head if it was the one we were scum together, and the application of that would tally with 16 and 23. I'm sure there was a point to this, but I forget what it is now. I shall give this gave some more attention once my visitors have taken their leave tomorrow evening.
Cornpuff's entrance was more in line with the typical newbscum greeting tell than T02's
for whatever that's worth
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 141, furtiveglance wrote:Italiano's gameplay at the moment is scum+. Town should make an effort to be open and I don't see that. I also think it's easy to fake reads by acting mysterious.
Yeah, yeah I know it seems like that, but if you could let me do what I do, I promise I will open up fully at the right time. Sometimes I don’t fully open up due to not wanting to give scum ideas that they may have not thought about. I know people can see it as anti-town, but

Oh another thing, just because this is the newbie queue, I treat no one like a newb. I give you my full force of even in the newbie games. The more you see me play the more you’ll understand what I do and why I do what I do.

Besides we have 7 days. What’s the rush?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”