Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1023, Prism wrote:Shame you seem to have taken the loss in D&C so hard. It was the worst scumgame I'd played since 2016.
If you're implying that I'm holding a grudge here then try again
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Prism »

If only this was an original thought, or even AI.
In post 88, Prism wrote:A lot of my play as both alignments revolves around taking generalized meta patterns of mine (ex. strategic angling, maximizing EV) and making the argument that they apply to specific situations, thus making me town. I leave it to the town to puzzle out why it doesn't hold true when I am scum, whether for circumstantial differences or intentional tradeoff.
I don't think there's a grudge. I just think you're either scum or town afraid of their own shadow.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

If it's not ai all we're left is with you doing nothing after being paired up because you got sick and then making a half-hearted catchup and then arguing with Luke a bit

Saying I'm jumping at my own shadow is disingenuous. There's 3 mafia in this game and they're probably not all unpaired right now.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Do you feel like there is not enough ai info for me to get a good read on you, or do you think I should be able to townread you?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Prism »

I've been pretty transparent about it. If that's the main thrust of your case beyond using the same argumentative pattern I always use, then sure I guess.

P-Edit: I think I should be null to nulltown.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I disagree, and I think when you try to point to yourself as town in this game all you have come up with so far is meta arguments about how you would play this differently if you were mafia

And the above is not convincing to me
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Prism »

Well, one of us is right or we're both wrong. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out in the end.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Hmm. I am notnsire if I think this is scum theater or not.

If it is, good job guys. It looks fairly natural
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Thanks
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Not sure why dunn scum uses his time this way
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1032, Lukewarm wrote:Hmm. I am notnsire if I think this is scum theater or not.

this kinda feels like a post that someone makes when they're like "oh right im supposed to be scumreading both of these people i shall comment on this"

and not as much like the kind of post someone makes if they are actually thinking this
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1035, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1032, Lukewarm wrote:Hmm. I am notnsire if I think this is scum theater or not.

this kinda feels like a post that someone makes when they're like "oh right im supposed to be scumreading both of these people i shall comment on this"

and not as much like the kind of post someone makes if they are actually thinking this
I actively want to change my playstyle to one, where I don't put literally all of my thoughts into words in a post, but then whenever I try to do that, I feel like it is met with someone saying it looks like fake thoughts, and then I end up posting the long winded version anyways. Mafia is a hard game.

My thoughts upon reading the back and forth was initially that it looked fairly natural, and it made me question "Do I think that these two people could be partnered."

But on the other hand, I can see the strategic benefit of doing this if they are together. If they think that there is a reasonable chance that Dunn might go down, make themselves look unpartnered to help Prism go the distance.

I flipped back through Dunn's iso to see where this sudden Prism should die train started, and was surpised at how sudden it was. There was shade on Prism early, but not a strong one.
In post 205, Dunnstral wrote:I wouldn't be voting for you right now if that was an option, I'm just skeptical
And then literally nothing else about Prism until the start of this back and forth
In post 1020, Dunnstral wrote:I think that the Prism-Andante pair should be the next full pair elimination during the 7 day long phase which happens after both mafia kill somebody and the unpaired player has a chance to replace a partner

Prism major scum vibes, Andante decent equity
And I also feel like there was a decent bit of Dunn's reasoning to push Prism seemed like it was parroting what I was saying as I started talking about why I was scum reading her. Particularly post . Which seems weird since Dunn so far has seemed of the opinion that I am incredibly scummy, and should be killed today. Seeing me make these arguments against Prism, and then him apparently feeling similarly about Prism, but has given no outward indication that that was then being used to think about my alignment.

So, initial reading made me question if they could be scum together, but on further thought, I could see them doing it as a strategic choice.

If it is scum theater, it is good scum theater.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 580, Noraa wrote:
In post 575, Lukewarm wrote:I am not as confident in my ability to read Dunn as Nora is
I am actually at a peak low in confidence right now in general. but i just ugh i dont know. like im being tunneled and it's affecting my read on the game in general. and dunn is one of the few people i feel like i can read and theres just a lot of internal paranoia because of the game state and trying to read dunn.

i have a lot of worries about this read because i struggle with my own thought process a lot of the times. like what's going through my head, i kid you not, is like
dunn has to be scum
what if im pushing dunn because i want to live another day
what if dunn isnt scum and then i die tomorrow because i mislimmed them
no no dunn has to be scum
but dunn could maybe say that as town
what if dunn's meta completely changed
what if im being overconfident
no no dunn is scum
oh wait i could maybe see town dunn saying that
oh my god people are agreeeing with me, so im wrong right
wait but thats not a good metric
agh maybe im overconfident
no dunn is scum
Can someone with meta not from a year ago weigh in on how frequently these seemingly over the top performances are from Noraa as town? This one made me raise my eyebrow a bit.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Prism »

1030 is fundamentally a different point from your own. You're comparing two specific ways I interacted with you to D&C, and don't care if my broader play differs. From what I can tell, what matters to you is that I guffawed at your scumread on me.

Dunnstral is taking issue with a very specific template of argumentation that was used extensively in D&C. He doesn't really care about what the argument actually contains or concludes, it's the
pattern of argumentation
that he is skeptical of. It doesn't matter what the variables inside the argument are.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 985, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 977, Prism wrote:Weird that your "gamestate read" ignored all knowledge of the gamestates I actually create, as though I don't sit there and club and choke all life out of the town for weeks on end with tone, fake encouragement, traffic control, etc.
Are you looking for an apology for me taking your post about needing to be away from the game at face value?

Because, if you were scum, you were already locked in. If you had a partner who was either already locked in, or was a lady, they were also good to go for the day. And if Dunn was a partner, I think that he would be someone that you would trust to take care of himself, and at the time that you needed to step away from the game, no one was really scum reading him except Noraa.

So, if you had something happening IRL, I don't think that you would have seen this game as in dire need of you to fix it.

----

I am not sure why you think that I should see you announce that you need to be away from the game, and then you be away from the game, and then I town lock you.
In post 1030, Dunnstral wrote:I disagree, and I think when you try to point to yourself as town in this game all you have come up with so far is meta arguments about how you would play this differently if you were mafia

And the above is not convincing to me
1030 feels like a more consise way of saying what I was trying to say 985.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 648, Noraa wrote:i almost want to say i'd rather we leave out ceph today becuase im going to feel bad about dunn regardless of what they flip. becuase if they flip town, my overconfidence killed them and i die the next day so it's just chaining up town eliminations.
if they flip scum, i also feel bad because they could've been alive at endgame and played an excellent game which would have been completely shattered by me.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by Prism »

935-1030 comparison is reasonable IMO. Sorry.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1037, Prism wrote:
In post 580, Noraa wrote:
In post 575, Lukewarm wrote:I am not as confident in my ability to read Dunn as Nora is
I am actually at a peak low in confidence right now in general. but i just ugh i dont know. like im being tunneled and it's affecting my read on the game in general. and dunn is one of the few people i feel like i can read and theres just a lot of internal paranoia because of the game state and trying to read dunn.

i have a lot of worries about this read because i struggle with my own thought process a lot of the times. like what's going through my head, i kid you not, is like
dunn has to be scum
what if im pushing dunn because i want to live another day
what if dunn isnt scum and then i die tomorrow because i mislimmed them
no no dunn has to be scum
but dunn could maybe say that as town
what if dunn's meta completely changed
what if im being overconfident
no no dunn is scum
oh wait i could maybe see town dunn saying that
oh my god people are agreeeing with me, so im wrong right
wait but thats not a good metric
agh maybe im overconfident
no dunn is scum
Can someone with meta not from a year ago weigh in on how frequently these seemingly over the top performances are from Noraa as town? This one made me raise my eyebrow a bit.
I want to say that I have seen it come from town Noraa before. In particular, similar lines wrt when they are widely scum read. I even started looking through the games that I thought it came from to point you at it, but I am now unable to find it.

@Noraa, do you know of a town game where you made similar posts?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by Prism »

Raise your hand if you have ever felt bad about catching scum through dayplay
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Prism »

I've never once resonated so deeply with Datisi as I did on page 32.

Also Dunnstral 100% had the right POV w/r/t "Substantiate the meta claims" argument y'all wild. If ze's caught Dunn off of the difference before link posts.

I've gone through Dunnstral games previously (circa WH13) and saw virtually no difference on this front. I hated earlier that suddenly softenings/more openness was introduced and still have no clue why the dude is suddenly more open and forthright in every conceivable way.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Prism »

Datisi after reading post 800 highlighting Dunnstral's 774, which I thought was one of the best posts in the game to date, I will die for you.

I will die for you.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1043, Prism wrote:Raise your hand if you have ever felt bad about catching scum through dayplay
‘’)/
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

yeah marci in shakespeare
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by Prism »

Guess it says a lot about me that I have never once felt that in 12 years of play

hahaha welp
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by Bell »

I was just joking. But I’ve certainly written a “poor x if they got caught because y”

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”