He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:55 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 269, CornPuffBuddha wrote:
@BigTerp
- Yes, I'd say Italiano is still a scum lean. My biggest? Unsure. Gun to my head, currently I'd either put my vote on abdbla or Italiano, that seems like the most productive use of it. I have few strong TRs at this point and I think atleast one of the scum is someone without major FoS on them.
Thanks. Considering there are 3 players with 1 vote and 4 players with 0 votes, do you have a feel on which one of them without major FoS on them might be scum?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:55 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 229, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:You say I only got agitated when duly warranted but my talk with you warrants me being agitated and the game post the introductions stage has been dominated by my interactions with you and TTTT and most of the other's people's posts have commenting on said interactions.
I reiterate this again, before our interaction you were emotionally agitated by TTTT. Stop using me as an excuse.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:57 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 270, CornPuffBuddha wrote:You know what, why not.

VOTE: abdbla
Disregard the second part of my previous post, you answered it here. I could get behind this vote, but would like to also see an Italiano wagon in addition to an abdbla one.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:01 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Big Terp, can you elaborate on and .
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:02 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 272, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I don't think all this bickering is gonna get us anywhere. I sympathize with Aspho, I do find Italiano and to a lesser extent TTTT annoying and unfun to play but we need to play to win.

I'm gonna try to be more civil and I hope Aspho does the same and TTTT gets off high horse. I think Italiano is beyond compromise unfortunately..
You're saying lets all stop being confrontational while
literally
being confrontational. It's getting old and making this particular game quickly not fun to play.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:07 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 235, BigTerp wrote: Italiano is basically saying they have it figured out, yet don't want to "rush" the game. The point is to win and eliminate mafia, not drag things out for whatever reason. Am I missing something here?
Yes, but it’s also to cover all your bases and make sure you are 100% comfortable with moving forward. It’s not a blitz and I could be wrong so that’s why taking the allotted time is important.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:07 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 279, ItalianoVD wrote:Big Terp, can you elaborate on and .
Take was saying that TTTT's vote that took Aspho to E-2 was basically pointless because they were going to be V/LA for a few days and it wouldn't help to move the game along. Those post ( ) showed several examples of Take doing, what I thought, was something TTTT was hoping to get out of a vote to move Aspho to E-2. A reaction. In fact, Take had several reactions to it. From that standpoint, if Aspho is scum Take is the partner.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:08 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 281, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 235, BigTerp wrote: Italiano is basically saying they have it figured out, yet don't want to "rush" the game. The point is to win and eliminate mafia, not drag things out for whatever reason. Am I missing something here?
Yes, but it’s also to cover all your bases and make sure you are 100% comfortable with moving forward. It’s not a blitz and I could be wrong so that’s why taking the allotted time is important.
Fair enough, but that is not at all how you presented it.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:09 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 275, furtiveglance wrote:It does feel a bit chaotic.
By design or just happening? What are your thoughts on that?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:13 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Who's design could it be by? Half the lobby is caught up in acrimonious death tunneling and half is just not here.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:15 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 285, furtiveglance wrote:Who's design could it be by? Half the lobby is caught up in acrimonious death tunneling and half is just not here.
I was reading your post as hinting a bit, I guess.

But yeah, agreed, and it's making it a bummer of a game so far.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:22 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Hinting at what? Italiano/Take having mafia? At this rate I wouldn't rule anything out
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:36 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 287, furtiveglance wrote:Hinting at what? Italiano/Take having mafia? At this rate I wouldn't rule anything out
Yes
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:38 am

Post by BigTerp »

Maybe taking abdbla to E-2 will get some things going and change the course of this game a bit.

VOTE: abdbla

This puts abdbla at E-2
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

@Aspho
What are your thoughts on my, Corn and Abd's behavior in comparison to last game?
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

Same question to
@Corn
and
@Abd
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 243, TTTT wrote:@Val
have you read 2091 (the game with several players from this playerlist)?
I have not. I'm having trouble keeping up with the volume of posting in THIS game currently, which is something I don't usually struggle with.

I grab a little while to check the thread on mobile, see something interesting and make a mental note to point it out or ask a question about it when I get to my PC, and the next time I check there is another 3 pages and it appears multiple players are 180ing on reads with zero progression explained.

I'll be home shortly, but if this continues I still won't have time for homework, so if any of the players of 2091 want to tell me something important about any of the other players, I'm all ears.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:55 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 290, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Aspho
What are your thoughts on my, Corn and Abd's behavior in comparison to last game?
In post 291, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Same question to
@Corn
and
@Abd
I'd be interested in this as well.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:58 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 292, Val89 wrote:
In post 243, TTTT wrote:@Val
have you read 2091 (the game with several players from this playerlist)?
I have not. I'm having trouble keeping up with the volume of posting in THIS game currently, which is something I don't usually struggle with.

I grab a little while to check the thread on mobile, see something interesting and make a mental note to point it out or ask a question about it when I get to my PC, and the next time I check there is another 3 pages
and it appears multiple players are 180ing on reads with zero progression explained.

I'll be home shortly, but if this continues I still won't have time for homework, so if any of the players of 2091 want to tell me something important about any of the other players, I'm all ears.
This is fair in response to your VERY limited posting thus far. But as to the bolded part, I don't recall much, if any, complete 180's on reads. Could you elaborate on your thoughts there?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Val89 »

I had speficially Aspho in mind for that, particularly regarding the 'zero progression' part. I am working from memory here, but I am quite sure she said something along the lines of "T02 and TTTT are TvT because they are throwing shit at each other" and then when asked about it, gave a list of examples that were entirely from T02 (you will have to find the post yourself since I'm still mobile posting), and is now voting there.

I am sure one of my mental notes was to ask Furtive about an implied town read on T02, but then saw them suggest recently they were a possible partner to Abdbla, and I thought you, BigTerp had done the same on at least one slot (Abdbla?) between the catch up I read on my earlier train ride and the posting I was skimming through just, although I accept I could very well be wrong on any of those points and I'm spit balling presently.
Asphodelus
Asphodelus
She/her
Goon
Asphodelus
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Asphodelus »

In post 295, Val89 wrote:I had speficially Aspho in mind for that, particularly regarding the 'zero progression' part. I am working from memory here, but I am quite sure she said something along the lines of "T02 and TTTT are TvT because they are throwing shit at each other" and then when asked about it, gave a list of examples that were entirely from T02 (you will have to find the post yourself since I'm still mobile posting), and is now voting there.

I am sure one of my mental notes was to ask Furtive about an implied town read on T02, but then saw them suggest recently they were a possible partner to Abdbla, and I thought you, BigTerp had done the same on at least one slot (Abdbla?) between the catch up I read on my earlier train ride and the posting I was skimming through just, although I accept I could very well be wrong on any of those points and I'm spit balling presently.
In post 195, TTTT wrote:
In post 194, Asphodelus wrote:I get TTTT and T02; they're basically slinging shit at each other and trying to see what sticks.
please point out where T02 "slings shit" at me

that's not how I'm reading the game
In post 197, Asphodelus wrote:Good Day
TTTT

Please note: My definition of 'fling shit' is 'bickering', not 'i accuse you of being scum'.

The actual scumpointing is between T02 and Italiano.

I wonder why I did such a thing.

I'll get to the rest later.
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:29 am

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

In post 290, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Aspho
(Since you later forwarded the question to the rest of us, and I think it could give the non-2091 people here some good insight.)

T02
- You've been a lot more hostile and at some points, I think, more unproductive. At the time of writing I'm rapidly oscillating between town leaning and scum leaning you for reasons I've explained previously. You seem to be backing off the toxicity now so that's good. Will need some more time to get a better read, their last posts have been pretty bare.

Abd
- This could just be the different style of this thread (2091 had ALOT of wall posts), but looking through their ISO abd is at a glance composing much briefer and less substantive posts than last time. Which is weird because in 2091 they were scum, and I feel like they were putting in alot more effort there than they are here. I mean, case in point ...
"Not relevant to the point in general, but I dislike the images. They make it hard to read the post"
. I mean really? Aspho literally spoiler'd the image, nobody else complained about it, but you still dedicated an entire quote block to it. And alot of their clarifying questions are frankly useless. Aspho began a sentence with how they don't find TTTT town-leaning and in response you asked if they want TTTT eliminated because they think they're scum or "just dislike them". And then in the next post they say they aren't trying to come across as confrontational! Why would you want to avoid confrontation in this situation? Is confrontation not how the game is going to progress, and how you will get answers to your questions? And their latest post is a concession, a passive aggressive snipe about the image thing, and then an iffy argument and another clarifying question. And if we look back even earlier, a good amount of their post count has been dedicated to meaningless pedantic bickering about shit like the greeting the game tell. Their behavior is just straight up erratic and anti town.

Realized I kinda wrote a scumcase on abd there without meaning to. Moving onto Aspho.

Aspho
- Not a huge fan of their vote on TTTT but their ISO reads pretty similarly to the town!Aspho that I saw in 2091, and they're even getting early SRs on them for the same things. I get the sense that Aspho is a player that has to spin their wheels for a bit before they get a feel for the thread, and we've started to see some of their better posting. Their post count is one of the lowest in the thread though so it's entirely possible they're scum and I'll eat my words. Just preliminary reads.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Val89 »

Point conceded.

I've made no secret of the fact I am struggling, and I think this only proves my point with respect to being invited to read other games.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:36 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 295, Val89 wrote:I had speficially Aspho in mind for that, particularly regarding the 'zero progression' part. I am working from memory here, but I am quite sure she said something along the lines of "T02 and TTTT are TvT because they are throwing shit at each other" and then when asked about it, gave a list of examples that were entirely from T02 (you will have to find the post yourself since I'm still mobile posting), and is now voting there.

As to your first part, you're correct it was Asphodelus. However, the TTTT vote was a OMGUS vote. And I missed where Aspho voted you in between Italiano and TTTT. Nothing really of consequence there, just a note for myself. But you do make some good points in regards to Aspho and their "flipping" stance.

As to your second part, I was just simply agreeing with Furtive that the back and forth between Take and Italiano early on could be a scum team. Rather far fetched, but possible.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”