Micro 1051 | Minimalist Micro Normal | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Here is my elimination preference going forward.

Tracer = SS > Norwee > Wallflower > RCE

I hope everyone had a good Ramadan / Passover / Easter / Totally Normal Weekend.

I may have eaten one too many Robin Eggs...
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:24 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 793, Tracer Bullet wrote:in my defense if im losing to scum!norwe its absolutely because I am easily pocketed by anyone who looks like they give a shit in a game where nobody looks like they give a shit
How much of a shit do people need to give be4 you think they are guving a shit.
Cus looks to me like at least some people have been giving a shit so far.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 800, Toogeloo wrote:going forward
This makes it sound like you don't expect your elimination preference to change?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 802, Wallflower wrote:
In post 800, Toogeloo wrote:going forward
This makes it sound like you don't expect your elimination preference to change?
I really hope not. The MegA lim was major red flags, and if I'm eliminated today, I thinks it very important that we get a read list out of SS prior to that because as of right now SS being in a LimLo situation is sketch.
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 793, Tracer Bullet wrote:in my defense if im losing to scum!norwe its absolutely because I am easily pocketed by anyone who looks like they give a shit in a game where nobody looks like they give a shit
How likely do you think it is that Norwe is scum? I mean, posts like this feel kind of showy, especially when posting is less because of what are probably legitimate V/LAs given the Easter period. What's the point of the post. If you think Norwe is scum then you should vote Norwe. If you don't think Norwe is scum, then don't vote for him.

PEdit: What is it about a reads list from SS that would help? Say that SS is scum and they put names in places that make sense based on their previous posting, for example:

Town: Ircher, RCE
Townlean: Toogeloo, Tracer
Scumlean: Norwe
Scum: Wallflower

What would something like that tell you?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 804, Wallflower wrote:How likely do you think it is that Norwe is scum? I mean, posts like this feel kind of showy
I mean showy is right, i feel like those kinds of posts are just designed to make it easy to say "well Toog flipped town so maybe Norwe is scum then" if Tracer is maf here.
Meant to kinda hide my feelings there, but yeah that's exactly the kind of vibe those types of posts give me lmao.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Wallflower »

I think Norwegianboy is town. Going with the flashwagon on Mega in feels like a town-move, since it was probably unnecessary for Norwe-scum. If Norwe-scum/Tracer-town, best to let Tracer go. IF Norwe-scum/Tracer-scum, Norwe-scum probably holds off a bit before fueling the wagon.
I think RCE is town, but I'm less sure. RCE's read on toog is weirdly absent from their posting, where I feel like scum would feel the need to say something on toog. The expressed read on me in feels like something town would think, but I get the impresion that scum would second-guess themselves before making it because RCE themselves was not really... any more decisive than I was.
Maybe I'm diving too deep into the too-scummy-to-be-scum rabbit hole here? eurgh

I think I want to vote Tracer. I just don't get the sense that they are engaging with this game from a town/genuine place. I also think that Ircher's read of the game so far has been pretty solid, and I think we owe it to him to listen to what he has to say.

Toogeloo... feels frustratingly less engaged with the game, but I think I may be converting my frustration into a scumread rather than actually reading it based on what scum would/wouldn't do.

I guess an example of the difference between Tracer and Toogeloo for me is that in Tracer goes with Ircher's dichotomy of Tracer vs. Toogeloo, even though later posting demonstrates a low opinion of Ircher's read of the game and Tracer should be engaged with the game to be able to assert reads outside of the dichotomy. Does Tracer even think Toogeloo is scum? I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you.
Toogeloo going with the dichotomy is much more believable based on their posting in-game, because they are not nearly as enaged as Tracer has been.
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Wallflower »

I didn't say what I think of S_S, but I wouldn't really have much to say
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I absolutely want to kill Tracer or Toog today, but I also don't want to kill Tracer today, and I also don't want to kill Toog today.

And the solution is to suck it up and decide which of my towncases is weaker. Any thoughts/questions on my reasoning in would be appreciated; I'm going to make an effort to dive into those reads a little more.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:06 am

Post by Wallflower »

What reasoning in 662 are you wanting thoughts/questions on?

What you said about Tracer being actively involved in the game when they wouldn’t necessarily need to be as scum, was something I thought too and was a big part of my hesitation in voting them, but given the amount of expectation placed on Tracer from the start I don’t believe they could have gotten away with just coasting.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:14 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Specifically my reasoning for townreading Tracer and Toog.
- Tracer has been trying to drive the game, when basically nobody else was. That opens him up to attention, if nothing else, but probably also making enemies, getting pushback, and just generally putting out more content that people might feel is manipulative, whether or not it actually was intended to be. The alternative is just to fade back into the low-content game and let apathy take over. Pooky is not above this and it seems safer.
- Toog didn't seem to be playing for any advantage as scum around the end of D1. Claiming VT at all, let alone claiming as prematurely as they did, deprives them of a lot of leverage and opens them up to "let's just wagon this VT claim because we don't want to out another PR". And they don't seem to be playing survivalistically, even today although they are voting Tracer they seem to have a solving mindset rather than just trying to push through a Tracer lim.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'd like to mention that one thing i'm questioning right now is how Pooky was like "Omg none of you are solving, nobody gives a shit except me" and it made sense at first, but then people here actually started to make some good content. And Pooky STILL kept saying nobody was giving a shit, which just felt so awkward. xD

- Bunno
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Tracer Bullet »

if u all wont trust me id rather be limmed today rather than at elo

this is nothing near what my scum game looks like

i dont expect you to take my word for it

so just vote me off if thats what you all want
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Tracer Bullet »

In post 811, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I'd like to mention that one thing i'm questioning right now is how Pooky was like "Omg none of you are solving, nobody gives a shit except me" and it made sense at first, but then people here actually started to make some good content. And Pooky STILL kept saying nobody was giving a shit, which just felt so awkward. xD
check what posts were made between me bitching today and day start
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:26 am

Post by RH »

Day 2 Count II

(E-2) - ,
(E-3) -
Not Voting
- NorwegianboyEE, RCEnigma, Something_Smart, Wallflower

Notes
  • My mod ISO is here.
  • With 7 remaining, it takes 4 to form a majority.
  • Toogeloo is V/LA for (expired on 2022-04-18 23:59:59).
The
Day
concludes in (expired on 2022-04-23 14:11:33).

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:34 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 811, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I'd like to mention that one thing i'm questioning right now is how Pooky was like "Omg none of you are solving, nobody gives a shit except me" and it made sense at first, but then people here actually started to make some good content. And Pooky STILL kept saying nobody was giving a shit, which just felt so awkward. xD
This is what flipped my read on tracer yesterday. Like I went back through one of the spats with ircher but it 100% didnt hold up. Now i dont know what pooky's scumgame looks like but I know that I personally find myself sticking to something that I think town!me would find scummy and trying to drive it home. so it just kinda clicked for me what Ircher was talking about with tracer.
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Tracer Bullet »

rofl
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Tracer Bullet »

Ircher is the de facto town leader as conftown.

as a town player who is being pushed by this town leader to be the de facto lim today, I have a responsibility to reach out and communicate with him.

Here are the last two times I reached out to Ircher:
In post 748, Tracer Bullet wrote:do you want to discuss why you find Meg townie?
In post 749, Tracer Bullet wrote:
In post 738, Ircher wrote:I'm willing to vote Toog here if a town flip means we kill Tracer tomorrow.

I know Meg hasn't done much lately, but I'm not really up for limming there rn. I saw something earlier in the day from Meg that is unlikely to come from scum based on my knowledge of the setup.
I like how Ircher sees the flashwagon moving towards Meg and then just doesn't say why Meg is actually town here.

Stellar stuff.

He did not respond to this reach out - he just hammered Meg.

Is that my fault?

This is the other reach out today after he stated he wants to kill me for misrepping game state whatever the fuck that means:
In post 782, Tracer Bullet wrote:
In post 780, Ircher wrote:Anyway, the Meg thing is only part of the reason why I scum read you. There's still the matter of your manipulative posting and continuous misrepresentation of the game state yesterday that also makes you scum.
do you have examples of how I lied and manipulated in a way that proves I'm scum? i'm always interested in that.

He also did not respond to this either.

Now as a town player being pushed by the de facto town leader for random bullshit. I think I have a right to be annoyed if he doesn't do me the basic courtesy of responding to my questions/queries.

Unless he is 100% absolutely certain I am mafia and he refuses to consider that I can be town here - which he has the right to do - we are all playing based on our OWN opinions.

However if he does believe that he should do me the basic courtesy of telling me that and telling me to not even bother trying to change his mind and I will HAPPILY oblige by not trying at ALL today and he can have 100% of the blame for mislimming me here.
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Tracer Bullet »

Also I don't think I am misrepresenting the game state at all since the townleader masons spent most of d1 and d2 just blind pushing me for shit reasons that make no sense to me and refused to ever communicate with me so I'm perfectly fine taking this loss in stride.

Some games are not winnable.
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Tracer Bullet »

I'm not saying I played perfectly either but I was always online and ready to communicate and I think the quotes above clearly show that Ircher did not really want to or is interested in communicating with me.

That's fine

That's his choice and some people play the game that way. No disrespect to him - just not my cup of tea.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

How about we ask questions that matter.

Who do people think Tracer would have as an viable partner if we were to assume he’s scum? I think that’s a good way to solve.
I’d analyze now but i’m typing this on my phone in 2 AM.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If none fits we can move on to another slot and stop hyperfocusing.

- Bunno
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Tracer Bullet »

that is pointless because I am very good at obfuscating partner identity when I roll mafia.

my win-rate in micros as mafia is very high because I can usually make sure my partner is untouchable regardless of when I flip.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

You guys keep sidetracking me VOTE: SS
RH
RH
he/him