Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:07 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2694, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't like Scorpious putting Gamma in their mafia reads when so far as I'm aware they've not particularly pushed that slot at all from what I can recall.
I’m sus of all replacements until I’m comfortable.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:08 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2699, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2697, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2693, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2688, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2686, Not Known 15 wrote:Scorpious, please explain your ItalianoVD read.
Just got done with a town Italiano, almost identical play..
Do you think Italiano has a fundamentally different style as mafia? To me they've been playing a very careful game so far for the most part which could see them end up landing on either side. Clever mafia play if they're scum but it's certainly possible.
Idk. I’ve seen them once.. and it was town. I have no scum basis,but it doesn’t make sense to read them as scum if they are playing like the one game I saw them in as town.
Some players don't change style all that much. Indeed that's a perfectly good reason to believe someone could be clever mafia who manage to blend in. This is a pretty weak read if your basis for it is one game for meta.
Would you rather me make up some bullshit to appease you more?

I’m not affected by how “strong” you think my read is..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2696, ItalianoVD wrote:Let’s try that again…
In post 2682, KittyTacky wrote: Common procedure is to let the investigative claim live a day because if they get limmed, wow you hanged a crucial role.
I would assume common procedure is not to claim in the first place, especially within the context of this game. And look at what you said: “live a day”. Scum want to bide time because of the very fact that
“Common procedure is to let the investigative claim live a day”

Now I know the action is really nai, but as I said earlier claiming pr, at least in my mind, does not and should not clear you as town. If I found you scummy before the claim, I’m gonna still find you scummy after the claim, more or less based on the context and why you did it, to be fair.

All claims in this game have been pointless and stupid. This game is about deduction and strategy, not which pr can lead us to victory. I won’t be budging from within my limpool. So if anybody wants to know who I’ll be voting for today
Eh, I'd say Koopa's claim was premature and unnecessary, but Jackson's felt reasonable given the gamestate and their concerns over how Koopa was using their role to read the game, and NK15 was in danger of being eliminated. I agree with your fundamental point that it's quite possible somebody here could be lying though.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:09 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 2693, MalcolmTucker wrote:To me they've been playing a very careful game so far for the most part which could see them end up landing on either side. Clever mafia play if they're scum but it's certainly possible.
Careful? :giggle: I haven’t heard that one before. How so?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2696, ItalianoVD wrote:Let’s try that again…
In post 2682, KittyTacky wrote: Common procedure is to let the investigative claim live a day because if they get limmed, wow you hanged a crucial role.
I would assume common procedure is not to claim in the first place, especially within the context of this game. And look at what you said: “live a day”. Scum want to bide time because of the very fact that
“Common procedure is to let the investigative claim live a day”

Now I know the action is really nai, but as I said earlier claiming pr, at least in my mind, does not and should not clear you as town. If I found you scummy before the claim, I’m gonna still find you scummy after the claim, more or less based on the context and why you did it, to be fair.

All claims in this game have been pointless and stupid. This game is about deduction and strategy, not which pr can lead us to victory. I won’t be budging from within my limpool. So if anybody wants to know who I’ll be voting for today
What is your limpool? I am sorry I know it’s probably obvious but with the amount of posts it’s all confused in my head.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:09 am

Post by Scorpious »

Of the 3, IF one is lying..

Who do you think is more apt to do so?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2701, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2686, Not Known 15 wrote:Scorpious, please explain your ItalianoVD read.
Do you think Italiano has a fundamentally different style as mafia? To me they've been playing a very careful game so far for the most part which could see them end up landing on either side. Clever mafia play if they're scum but it's certainly possible.
Idk. I’ve seen them once.. and it was town. I have no scum basis,but it doesn’t make sense to read them as scum if they are playing like the one game I saw them in as town.
Some players don't change style all that much. Indeed that's a perfectly good reason to believe someone could be clever mafia who manage to blend in. This is a pretty weak read if your basis for it is one game for meta.

I don't expect you to be. I'm just pointing out the reasoning is a bit rubbish and could hypothetically be a convenient way for one mafia team member to defend a teammate. Do you expect not to be pushed at all on your reads?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2705, Scorpious wrote:Of the 3, IF one is lying..

Malcolm, sorry.

Posts are piling up again

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2669, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2667, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 948, koopashell wrote:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86642
Did a meta dive on italiano to see if I could eliminate them from my PoE - looks like this game, is similar to this one in terms of play.
There are low intensity wolf and town games too I saw - but this stood out. I read their ISO and thought similar things I did here. They pushed players in a similar way.
Scorpious, can you give us a readslist please?
I hate lists, although FL made me like them a bit..

I recommend the entire Foundation series by Asimov
All of Shakespeare is essential
The Expanse series is probably my favorite Space opera
Game of Thrones was a great read but I had to take notes. Sooo many characters…

Ohhh, the game… list. Not rankings

Big T’s
————
Mala
Italiano
HEM
You

Little t’s
————
koopa(only because claim)
Jv(same reason)
Nk15(this is ridiculous)
Note: one of these is lying

Scums
————
Kitty
Math
GE

I have not focused on Roden or Malcom at all admittedly..
I reread this:

Where’s Andres too?

This feels oddly specific.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:12 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2703, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 2693, MalcolmTucker wrote:To me they've been playing a very careful game so far for the most part which could see them end up landing on either side. Clever mafia play if they're scum but it's certainly possible.
Careful? :giggle: I haven’t heard that one before. How so?
I mean it (mostly) as a compliment! I don't really think you've been scummy so far, but your play has had a nice balance of being active enough to be noticed and engaged, while not being too involved in certain major conflicts or disagreements. Given how bogged down the game got during the protracted FL/Koopa arguments, I think a (presumably) clever player like yourself could easily blend into the town as mafia. I'm more approaching this from a POV where one of my main suspects will probably end up being wrong, and someone I don't necessarily think looks too mafia will end up being scum. You're certainly not on my elimination pool for D1 though.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Roden »

In post 2209, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 675, Roden wrote:
In post 612, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 598, Roden wrote:
In post 527, Flavor Leaf wrote:Man, this human's obsessed with me.

@Roden - wasn't that serious

So much FL talk when I was away, that's what I like to see. Even when I'm not here, the spotlight loves me
Nah you don't get to backpedal after you made several solves that make me a PoE choice without explaining anything.

VOTE: Flavor Leaf
This is probably coming from town who hasn't learned how to look past getting POE scum read as a personal thing.
I'm not invested enough in this game to care that you scum read me.

What does matter is that you kept trying to tie me in to multiple solves, never explained why, then backed off when nobody bit and you got confronted on it.
why weren’t you invested atp?
It just makes games more enjoyable for me that way. My Day 1/Night 1 survival rate is not great, and it makes dying early less disappointing. Plus I'm less likely to tunnel and get into a dumb argument if I try not to care as much as I usually would.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2706, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2701, Scorpious wrote:

I don't expect you to be. I'm just pointing out the reasoning is a bit rubbish and could hypothetically be a convenient way for one mafia team member to defend a teammate. Do you expect not to be pushed at all on your reads?
Fair , but that logic of “convenient ways to defend” could litterally be applied to anyone posting on these last 4 pages…

Pedit- I didn’t even realize I forgot him, He’s a little “S”

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:14 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2707, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2705, Scorpious wrote:Of the 3, IF one is lying..

Malcolm, sorry.

Posts are piling up again
Logically if one of the three is lying it's probably NK15...their claim could be a classic case of mafia using it as an out and last gambit to avoid elimination.

I think Jackson is fundamentally town. Koopa hasn't helped at times but is also likely town.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:21 am

Post by Roden »

I kinda think Gamma is town here. I feel like we're tip toeing around each other in a way that's cautious/mindful after our last couple games where we TvT'd. I just think he could easily push me here if he was scum. He's also playing in a way that let's everyone know that he isn't the previous player that was in his slot.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

Cool. Okay…I am like asking questions and no response from multiple people.

We really need to consolidate please. I won’t have time to lead a charge because of plans this weekend but these back and forth conversations where posts are ignored does not help.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:22 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2713, Roden wrote:I kinda think Gamma is town here. I feel like we're tip toeing around each other in a way that's cautious/mindful after our last couple games where we TvT'd. I just think he could easily push me here if he was scum. He's also playing in a way that let's everyone know that he isn't the previous player that was in his slot.
This is a fair point. But that would take zero effort to play different than FL..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:22 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 2702, MalcolmTucker wrote:Eh, I'd say Koopa's claim was premature and unnecessary, but Jackson's felt reasonable given the gamestate and their concerns over how Koopa was using their role to read the game, and NK15 was in danger of being eliminated. I agree with your fundamental point that it's quite possible somebody here could be lying though.
Okay yeah, I’ll admit Jackson’s claim was fair since he’s pretty much a miller and millers wanna claim early, but was NK15 really in danger of getting eliminated, maybe with ghost votes, but not actual votes. What was he at 3 votes? So was Mala and HEM and there was a general stalling to the game at that point in time, especially with Leaf repping out.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2658, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
VC 1.31

With 13 players, it takes 7 to make a decision. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-04-25 00:30:00).

VC
Scorpious [3]:
KittyTacky [], Gamma Emerald [], Andresvmb []
humaneatingmonkey [3]:
Not Known 15 [], JacksonVirgo [], MalcolmTucker []
KittyTacky [2]:
ItalianoVD [], Scorpious []
Malakittens [2]:
humaneatingmonkey [], Malakittens []
Andresvmb [1]:
koopashell []

Here is the last VC of wagons can we please move towards something?
Not voting [2]:
Roden [], MathBlade []

flavor
Spoiler:
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:23 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2714, MathBlade wrote:Cool. Okay…I am like asking questions and no response from multiple people.

We really need to consolidate please. I won’t have time to lead a charge because of plans this weekend but these back and forth conversations where posts are ignored does not help.
Bro. Relax. We’re all responding to like 5 posts at a time..

Pedit- even vc’s are sneaking in

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Scorpious »

I can confidently say at least 1 scum is on me right now..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:26 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2708, MathBlade wrote:
Did a meta dive on italiano to see if I could eliminate them from my PoE - looks like this game, is similar to this one in terms of play.
There are low intensity wolf and town games too I saw - but this stood out. I read their ISO and thought similar things I did here. They pushed players in a similar way.

Big T’s
————
Mala
Italiano
HEM
You

Little t’s
————
Jv(same reason)
Nk15(this is ridiculous)

Scums
————
Kitty
Math
GE

I reread this:

Where’s Andres too?

This feels oddly specific.
Also little “S” I forgot that category entirely it seems, sorry.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2718, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2714, MathBlade wrote:Cool. Okay…I am like asking questions and no response from multiple people.

Bro. Relax. We’re all responding to like 5 posts at a time..

Pedit- even vc’s are sneaking in
Why are you telling me to relax instead of I dunno answering the questions I asked you?

VOTE: Scorpious
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:27 am

Post by Scorpious »

I just did..

Opportunistic af man..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2698, MathBlade wrote:

Big T’s
————
Mala
Italiano
HEM
You

Little t’s
————
Jv(same reason)
Nk15(this is ridiculous)

Scums
————
Kitty
Math
GE

Care to explain why you think one of the little t’s are town lying versus scum lying?
I also don’t get why I am in your scum PoE?

Like this is really confusing.
Do you think there’s four scum or something?
I don’t see how this works.
Here you go again Scorpious.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:30 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2723, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2698, MathBlade wrote:

Big T’s
————
Mala
Italiano
HEM
You

Little t’s
————
Jv(same reason)
Nk15(this is ridiculous)

Scums
————
Kitty
Math
GE

Care to explain why you think one of the little t’s are town lying versus scum lying?
I also don’t get why I am in your scum PoE?

Like this is really confusing.
Do you think there’s four scum or something?
I don’t see how this works.
Here you go again Scorpious.
See. This is why I hate lists.. gives opportunity for scum to rip things apart..

I missed this btw. But how could someone miss a post when 5 people
Are posting at once..

Keep pushing the VT guys…

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”