Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1573, Malakittens wrote:I still rather not separate the andante/Prism pair because it contains two of my townreads, Bell is another townread.
So who is mafia?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Before I ask further questions with you Mala I would like you to talk to Dunn about your read from Prism. Ya'll have more knowledge of how Prism interacted with you than I do. So I'll focus on catching up for a while.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:24 pm

Post by Malakittens »

standby,

i got an issue at work

I'm not leaving ya'll hanging
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1575, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1573, Malakittens wrote:I still rather not separate the andante/Prism pair because it contains two of my townreads, Bell is another townread.
So who is mafia?
Right now my scum reads Poe is {Enchant, you, Fire}
{Maybe Ceph/Myko} - ceph is more null because honestly I just can't read him very well. Myko is also on the same level as Ceph

everyone else is different levels of townreads.

As for interacting with Prism. I will admit I really haven't. Prism and I have played together with min. interaction in prev. games.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

OK, I propose that we eliminate Enchant in this phase
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Bell »

Ugh, I don’t even disagree. I’m definitely leaning that way but then I’ll be paired with mykonian and to say we’re a terrible pair is putting it lightly.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1570, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1566, Malakittens wrote:I overall had a decently good feeling about Prism.
We'll have to take you at your word for this, because this is not reflected in your iso.

Spoiler: Here is where Prism appears in your iso during the first phase
In post 461, Malakittens wrote:
In post 150, Bell wrote:I had dinner and just ate some cookies and cream icecream.

Am I scum yet.
Andante is a her.
newbiescumtellbrooo
In post 161, Prism wrote:
In post 158, Noraa wrote:I know im playing with fire but me asking ydrasse to dance vs prism asking andante.
one is extremely scummy and the equivalent of "anyone want to dance?"
but the other is like apparently so towny that the dance is happening.

how does that make sense
Well, first, I'm not the player that weighed in on your proposal to Ydrasse. Andante was. Maybe she's a better fit to answer. It's also unclear if this is a critique of me proposing, of Andante accepting, or both, because asking about Ydrasse is fundamentally different than asking "anyone" and you treat them as equivalent anyway.

Second, Andante posted that because she's like the energizer bunny or the smiling dog in her picture, eager for more posts and to run around and grab the stick and bring it back and have someone throw it again so she can grab it again and shake head to play with stick pretend it is squirrel oh no they take stick and they can throw it and where stick go there stick must move legs fast and....

Fundamentally I think that enthusiastic pro-activity is a bit +town for her. That's a read rooted in meta. While I didn't comment on it before, I think your Ydrasse reaction is null at best. Just rote pursuit of early/pregame pocket target is plausible.
I agree w/ this assessment.
In post 166, Bell wrote:Andante's play so far reminds me of a puppy biting at my shoe while my leg is still attached because I got in their way. But I'm actually okay with that. They don't have to listen. I just won't talk to or address them unless I think it particularly relevant.
I dunno what Andante scum looks like. They've appeared townie since I've known them. This game isn't much of an exception.

Strangely, I actually agree with Ydra so far, but both Fire and Luke are the types of players I like, so I'm looking forward to seeing them play and maybe changing my mind.
so I have played with scum andante twice and this feels like town andante. Scum Andante has a tone-difference in her posts.

town andante has a huge chance of being pocketed so I want to wait out this read before solidily calling her town
In post 810, Malakittens wrote:
In post 502, Datisi wrote:i feel townpings on malakittens for possibly dumb reasons, we'll see
why's that??
In post 540, Prism wrote:maybe

dunnstral/mala
lukewarm/Datisi
cephir/fireisred

luke+ceph swap works too
So, I haven't yet had a great read on Dunn. I have played with Dunn in the past and been wrong too many times. So i'm leaning on ppl who have more exp in reading him.
In post 543, fireisredsir wrote:im also open to that. i wanted myko left out most but now with who is remaining i want ceph and dun >>>>> luke and noraa to stay.

and im cool with taking some consensus into account if it comes down to luke/noraa cause i don't exactly have a strong scumread on either of them
I mean i wanted you to be left out bc i think youre scum, but hey we all cant get what we want
In post 549, Noraa wrote:dunn will flip scum 9/10 times here
You were right about Dunn in Control so if anything i'll be more wanting to trust your read over aNYones elses when it comes to dunn
In post 815, Malakittens wrote:
In post 579, Ydrasse wrote:someone once told me dunnstral powers up in dance games
so in hindsight this makes dunn's posting NAI as if he powers up in dance game regardless of alignment, which in the future is gonna throw off any meta type tells

fml
In post 592, Lukewarm wrote:I think that Dunn should be left behind

propose to Mala

I don't currently trust Prism, which leaves me disinclined to let her do the sorting of the pairs.

Thinking selfishly, I think pairing with Dats knowing that I am his top scum read just kills me day 2, and I think proposing to fire results in fire getting hammer between me and Cephrir, and I am left behind today. So, survival thinking says Mala is my best bet.
Noted & ooof going to think on this last few lines of this.
In post 1309, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1307, Prism wrote:Any bets on how long it takes Malakittens to notice her pairing got rejected for formatting?
I got the message from the mod
so i'm aware it was rejected for not being bolded.

i also checked the op so i know i have a decision to make between noraa and luke

i just need to catch up

Here is the only place you have ever given a read on Prism:
In post 1508, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1400, Andante wrote:
In post 1396, Bell wrote:First I’m hearing you think prism isn’t town.
I have a lot of thoughts, and the fact ydra was killed over prism was a bit sus to me cause I thought prism looked very towny and is someone I'd fearkill... not sure why this is a hard thought to believe?
What. IMO prism was not the player I townread the most during D1. As I had two others who i felt were townier than Prism. You, actually, being one of them.
Which is during day 3, and in fact is a stance you just conjured up out of thin air today.
Hmm

I cross referenced back to the reads list mala gave me in our pt during the night, and prism was unsorted
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1568, Ginngie wrote:
In post 1566, Malakittens wrote:I overall had a decently good feeling about Prism.

As for the setup spec; Id think if you were scum you wouldn't be so open about the spec in the thread unless you have partners that are mia or just as confused

idk its a gut feeling ++ the read i had on prism
So is this a belief that I personally wouldn't share it?

Do you have a belief that mafia in general wouldn't openly try to solve using mechanics?
IDK. I really feel like majority of the games that I have played with in the past setup spec has been mostly a town thing to do, however, with these dance games a lot of players play in a chain of them. So with Marci posting regarding the setup spec and the overall tone and then add Andante with the number of scum slip just felt like that game was going to have a mixture of new-scum aka not exp in dance games + maybe absent/non-exp partners.
In post 1574, Ginngie wrote:
@Mala:

I gotta admit I find it way more townie that you openly accept what seems like a contradiction. You said you literally nailed scum because they used set up spec.

Scum!mala can go hey I literally did this last game and nailed scum, so i'm gonna push this player because if it works why try something different.

Town!mala admits the contradiction and instead townread a player for it.

Do you agree that scum you would have an easier time just pushing the player doing set up spec like I mentioned?

Also Do you agree that it's more townie to trust your gut even if evidence is potentially pointing otherwise?

Like my townlean stems from the fact that you're actively working things out compared to your previous experience instead of going the lazy route and falling back on said experience
Tbh, I have kinda been off lately in terms of a lot of errors because I been doing swing shifts between my job. So in terms of mafia remember exact events I'm not as spot on anymore as I used to be because it's not something I want to remember in the long run over important things such as work stuff. (IDK if this makes sense)

As for if scum!me would push a player on setup spec. I will admit that I try to play as scum as close to as I can at the same way as I play town, but apparently there's notable differences which I haven't yet gotten the hang of to control.

Would scum!me try to push a setup spec the short answer is yes, but I don't know how far I'd push it or if I'd be confident in it persay.

As for gut topic. That's another thing my gut feelings lately in general have been spot on. I used to ignore it because it would either be wrong or I just wouldn't trust it, but I been trying to rely on it more. Usually my kneejerking reactions to stuff that I would think are unimportant, but I point out it out and on reread it's usually right.

if the evidence is pointing otherwise such as {a guilty result} or if someone has a SUPER STRONG meta read then I might turn on my gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1582, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1570, Dunnstral wrote:
We'll have to take you at your word for this, because this is not reflected in your iso.

Spoiler: Here is where Prism appears in your iso during the first phase
In post 461, Malakittens wrote:
In post 150, Bell wrote:I had dinner and just ate some cookies and cream icecream.

Am I scum yet.
Andante is a her.
newbiescumtellbrooo
In post 161, Prism wrote:
In post 158, Noraa wrote:I know im playing with fire but me asking ydrasse to dance vs prism asking andante.
one is extremely scummy and the equivalent of "anyone want to dance?"
but the other is like apparently so towny that the dance is happening.

how does that make sense
Well, first, I'm not the player that weighed in on your proposal to Ydrasse. Andante was. Maybe she's a better fit to answer. It's also unclear if this is a critique of me proposing, of Andante accepting, or both, because asking about Ydrasse is fundamentally different than asking "anyone" and you treat them as equivalent anyway.

Second, Andante posted that because she's like the energizer bunny or the smiling dog in her picture, eager for more posts and to run around and grab the stick and bring it back and have someone throw it again so she can grab it again and shake head to play with stick pretend it is squirrel oh no they take stick and they can throw it and where stick go there stick must move legs fast and....

Fundamentally I think that enthusiastic pro-activity is a bit +town for her. That's a read rooted in meta. While I didn't comment on it before, I think your Ydrasse reaction is null at best. Just rote pursuit of early/pregame pocket target is plausible.
I agree w/ this assessment.
In post 166, Bell wrote:Andante's play so far reminds me of a puppy biting at my shoe while my leg is still attached because I got in their way. But I'm actually okay with that. They don't have to listen. I just won't talk to or address them unless I think it particularly relevant.
I dunno what Andante scum looks like. They've appeared townie since I've known them. This game isn't much of an exception.

Strangely, I actually agree with Ydra so far, but both Fire and Luke are the types of players I like, so I'm looking forward to seeing them play and maybe changing my mind.
so I have played with scum andante twice and this feels like town andante. Scum Andante has a tone-difference in her posts.

town andante has a huge chance of being pocketed so I want to wait out this read before solidily calling her town
In post 810, Malakittens wrote:
In post 502, Datisi wrote:i feel townpings on malakittens for possibly dumb reasons, we'll see
why's that??
In post 540, Prism wrote:maybe

dunnstral/mala
lukewarm/Datisi
cephir/fireisred

luke+ceph swap works too
So, I haven't yet had a great read on Dunn. I have played with Dunn in the past and been wrong too many times. So i'm leaning on ppl who have more exp in reading him.
In post 543, fireisredsir wrote:im also open to that. i wanted myko left out most but now with who is remaining i want ceph and dun >>>>> luke and noraa to stay.

and im cool with taking some consensus into account if it comes down to luke/noraa cause i don't exactly have a strong scumread on either of them
I mean i wanted you to be left out bc i think youre scum, but hey we all cant get what we want
In post 549, Noraa wrote:dunn will flip scum 9/10 times here
You were right about Dunn in Control so if anything i'll be more wanting to trust your read over aNYones elses when it comes to dunn
In post 815, Malakittens wrote:
In post 579, Ydrasse wrote:someone once told me dunnstral powers up in dance games
so in hindsight this makes dunn's posting NAI as if he powers up in dance game regardless of alignment, which in the future is gonna throw off any meta type tells

fml
In post 592, Lukewarm wrote:I think that Dunn should be left behind

propose to Mala

I don't currently trust Prism, which leaves me disinclined to let her do the sorting of the pairs.

Thinking selfishly, I think pairing with Dats knowing that I am his top scum read just kills me day 2, and I think proposing to fire results in fire getting hammer between me and Cephrir, and I am left behind today. So, survival thinking says Mala is my best bet.
Noted & ooof going to think on this last few lines of this.
In post 1309, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1307, Prism wrote:Any bets on how long it takes Malakittens to notice her pairing got rejected for formatting?
I got the message from the mod
so i'm aware it was rejected for not being bolded.

i also checked the op so i know i have a decision to make between noraa and luke

i just need to catch up

Here is the only place you have ever given a read on Prism:
In post 1508, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1400, Andante wrote:
In post 1396, Bell wrote:First I’m hearing you think prism isn’t town.
I have a lot of thoughts, and the fact ydra was killed over prism was a bit sus to me cause I thought prism looked very towny and is someone I'd fearkill... not sure why this is a hard thought to believe?
What. IMO prism was not the player I townread the most during D1. As I had two others who i felt were townier than Prism. You, actually, being one of them.
Which is during day 3, and in fact is a stance you just conjured up out of thin air today.
Hmm

I cross referenced back to the reads list mala gave me in our pt during the night, and prism was unsorted
Yeah I left prism unsorted because I wanted to see what Prism would do D2. Plus the whole rereading the thread etc on end of D1 i actually liked. I just didn't like the fight that Prism got into.

As for fights I tend to usually stay out of them unless they involve me because I get heated every fast lately.

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Bell »

Sorry, what is this for?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Dug through. Noraa was very sure dunn was scum, and led his day 1 miselimination.

Both were town.

I believe he is combating the idea that Noraa is good at reading him, since Mala appears to be hanging her dunn read on noraas
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:14 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1054, Prism wrote:Andante you have like 112 posts left, would love to hear more from you and about why fireisredsir is scum
This just feels townie

like Prism is trying to sort that slot out

and at the same time her partner

and its not the first time Prism did it either

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1586, Lukewarm wrote:Dug through. Noraa was very sure dunn was scum, and led his day 1 miselimination.

Both were town.

I believe he is combating the idea that Noraa is good at reading him, since Mala appears to be hanging her dunn read on noraas
It would be fair to state that this dunnstral is 2.5 to 3 standard deviations from the norm.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Hmmmmm.

I am being swayed on my dunn scum read. Not ready to call him town, but he is making me question if he is my top choice to go anymore

I am vaguely against Bell proposing to myko, because I want to kill myko and enchant tomorrow.

I am not liking gins or andantes posting this phase.

Also, don't like Mala's response to dunn questioning her prism read. Like, she isn't saying that it's a new read, she feels like she is trying to back date it with old posts, but I saw her reads list in our pt, and prism was not a town read .

Maybe I am no longer opposed to Bell dancing with me?

Mafia is hard.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1588, Bell wrote:
In post 1586, Lukewarm wrote:Dug through. Noraa was very sure dunn was scum, and led his day 1 miselimination.

Both were town.

It would be fair to state that this dunnstral is 2.5 to 3 standard deviations from the norm.
Agreed
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Okay. Summarize thoughts

I don't want Bell to propose to: Dunn, Datisi, ceph, Fire, Myko, Enchant

That leaves: me, gin, andante

Hmmm. Maybe I am my own top choice now?

Need sleep, this is as far as I'm getting tonight
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Obviously add Mala to the people I don't want him to propose to lol
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

oh yea, we can talk about this now. i kinda agree that this is useful, noraa felt similarly confident and ze was wrong in that one. i don't think it makes dunn town but i do think it means that nobody at this point should be scumreading dunn due to noraa saying that he's scum
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

idk if anyone really is tho
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by Bell »

Um. I’ll just state that dunnstral’s response, activity/etc are all vastly different to the response they’ve had here.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

that is true, i guess, but i thought it was already established that he's way more active here than he usually is as town or scum
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by Bell »

Yes, but there’s also the context that Noraa was aware of that outcome while playing here and still pushed Dunn.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by Cephrir »

im townreading dunn. i have not done extensive meta & don't plan to though. im just playing this game.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:40 pm