UK Eastermeet 2022 Invitational (Game over!)

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Nexus »

like you too prozac
Trans rights are human rights.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Postie »

In post 167, Postie wrote:Can everyone who isn't voting cpol from this point forward explain to me why because I feel like I'm going insane
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Postie »

Also ffs this isn't about potatos it's about the fact someone *stopped an execution from happening* and I hate that people are handwaving that away as "potato discourse"
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Postie »

I keep forgetting scum can survive without potatos, but obviously then they would be executed the next day so same difference? Probably not quite but I have brain frog
Uh I guess to be clear since I think I didn't state it outright: I think Fenchurch and cpol are trying to cover up a fuck up in an attempted passing the potato back and forth LAMISTy thing
That, or this is a scum!Menno distraction
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 177, Postie wrote:Also ffs this isn't about potatos it's about the fact someone *stopped an execution from happening* and I hate that people are handwaving that away as "potato discourse"
Because it's pure speculation and muddies the waters.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Porochaz »

Also don't have that much of a read on cpol, but I don't see why any of his action would be indicative of scum, getting rid of his own potato would be a risky play. Also in this specific game, we don't know if the scum would have survived without a potato. This isn't the wereleg game, the same rules need not apply.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:16 am

Post by Postie »

In post 180, Porochaz wrote:Also don't have that much of a read on cpol, but I don't see why any of his action would be indicative of scum, getting rid of his own potato would be a risky play.
Less risky if a planned play with scum Fenchurch. Which I'm inclined to believe it was. They even get to argue he's conftown now, apparently, lmao.
In post 180, Porochaz wrote:Also in this specific game, we don't know if the scum would have survived without a potato. This isn't the wereleg game, the same rules need not apply.
Potato rules in this game say: "Any Town-aligned player who is unable to eat a potato at that time (i.e. doesn't have at least 1) will immediately die."
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Okay I thought that end of Day 1 was pretty crystal clear, but since apparently not everyone shares my perspective I'll explain why I came into this day considering Cpol to be conf-town and Menno to be conf-scum.

The hammer was suuuuuuuuuuper scummy. Like I see less than 1% chance of that play coming from town. It ended the day early and with one player not even having posted. As well as what Porochaz has pointed out, that Menno had given no indication that it was coming, and had said they would give warning.

So why out yourself as scum like that? To me it seemed that the trigger must have been Cpol giving me his potato. If Cpol is town, scum-Menno saw an opportunity to get an execution on town-Bella and assumed that town-Cpol would also die. 2 town kills for 1 scum... and there is a chance that Menno can still talk themselves out of it because apparently not everyone sees it the way I did.

And Postie, I do see the possibility of a town potato vendor. If multiple people gave up their potatoes I could imagine by the end of the Day some of them might seem worth saving; at any rate as a weak power I could imagine it sitting with town or scum. What alignment was the role in the original Wereleg game?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: Menno

The lack of explanation for the hammer either Yesterday or Today seems fairly damning.

The potato vendor was scum in Wereleg and does make somewhat more sense as that alignment but it's not clear to me a scum potato vendor wouldn't save cpol anyway (it personally seems incorrect to me but I often have different ideas on that front). Town potato vendor is also more plausible given that people clearly didn't experience the potato mechanic in wereleg as being as pro-town as it was designed to be.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 177, Postie wrote:Also ffs this isn't about potatos it's about the fact someone *stopped an execution from happening*
To add: the reason why I can see it as either town or scum is because whoever holding the role gets to use it in accordance with their alignment. If they are town, they try and save someone who they think is town. If they are scum, they try to use it to try and help achieve a scum win.

It's like consul-maker. The role itself isn't exactly pro-town, because it denies the town control over executions. It could be a role held by town (or to scum), and the person with the role will use it in accordance with their alignment.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:48 am

Post by McMenno »

I did explain my hammer
mafiascum is on life support
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:48 am

Post by McMenno »

I was zooted as hell
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Are you saying you don't remember why you were convinced that Bella was scum or claiming you simply didn't care about such things at the time?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:48 am

Post by McMenno »

VOTE: McMenno

here, that should be one more vote
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 187, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Are you saying you don't remember why you were convinced that Bella was scum or claiming you simply didn't care about such things at the time?
I think Menno said they were merry at the time... [post 166]
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Wenna »

IIRC when I was badguy potato vendor (I pretended to be a town potato vendor) I gave as many potatoes as possible to the most town-like potato-poor players as possible. I'd have saved a townsfolk to make myself look more town, or if I was a concealed vendor, make them look suspicious.

I could see cpol being a good guy, bad guy, or good guy thrown under the bus. So I'm neutral on cpol. Klick asked for a good vendor to come forward. Would a badguy potato vendor throw a potato at a badguy cpol? I suppose it's a mildy less certain out than cpol mysteriously not dying in the night with 0 potato. But would cpol so happily hand away a potato? Risky. Or perhaps a master plan... Still think cpol has been thrown under the bus though. (There was also a lot of emphasis that cpol was a baddy from Postie, who then immediately dropped the idea when I suggested it was a badguy play... Could be entirely innocent of course).

So, still feeling Postie could be a baddy, now also including Fenchurch (only by association). It would be hilarious if they were both badguys, intentionally squabbling so that if one is outed the other seems town. Mixed on Menno/CES. I think Menno could have just thought "screw it" - they typed to that effect when making the kill, and have been consistent in reasons since.

Maybe Porochaz is a baddy, since everything he has said has been sound. Watching while town fight it out like potatoless chickens...
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Wenna »

I don't know how to do the vote thing

VOTE: Postie
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Wenna »

Duplicate post - CDB
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Vote Count

McMenno (5):
Fenchurch, Klick, Porochaz, Cogito Ergo Sum, McMenno
cpol (1):
Postie
Postie (1):
Wenna

Not voting (3): cpol, Nexus, Primate

With 10 players alive, it will take 6 votes to execute.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-05-04 13:33:00)

PSA: How to use vote tags

[vote']Example[/vote'] (removing the apostrophes)
#greenshirtthursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Wenna wrote:I could see cpol being a good guy, bad guy, or good guy thrown under the bus.
So you're a tough guy
Like it really rough guy
Just can't get enough guy
Chest always so puffed guy
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 187, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Are you saying you don't remember why you were convinced that Bella was scum or claiming you simply didn't care about such things at the time?
I mean it can't be the former, since they said themselves they were less convinced of the Bella vote. So I'm guessing the latter. But then it would have only taken a minute to look through their post history, so yeah, either way...
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Nexus »

Postie how do you feel about the big old mcmenno wagon, given your insistence that cpol is scum.

Could you be wrong?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Nexus »

Self voting is such a dumb thing to do.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:31 pm

Post by cpol »

Given that I saw the Meno trigger pull exactly as Fenchruch did, I'm more than happy to hammer Meno at this point. Poro’s points on the backtracking on previous promises to not hammer also back up this feeling. Even if the excuse if that they were zooted (I love it), that can't be an excuse that is allowed to stand. However, I do want other people to have the chance to post before the day ends, so will hold off in doing so just for now.

I see Fenchurch vs Postie as a likely Scum vs Town interaction, and I'm leaning towards Postie as Meno's scumbuddy. There seem to have been a lot of mental gymnastics going on in trying to discredit the potato play, both yesterday and today. And despite what has got to have been one of the most dubious quick hammers from Meno I’ve seen, Postie hasn’t said anything about it other than the very quick vote/unvote. Postie is putting up a better defence for Meno than Meno is themselves!
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:41 pm

Post by cpol »

Also, thank you to whoever allowed me to be alive and playing on my Scumday! aha

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”