Votecount 1.03

Bellaphant: (1) catboi
Syguar: (1) Asphodelus
GoldfishFromTheMoon: (1) Bellaphant
Catboi: (1) goodMorning
NotAJumbleOfNumbers: (1) Takemikazuchi02

Not Voting (4): GoldfishFromTheMoon, NotAJumbleOfNumbers, syugar, cat.jpeg

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-07 10:20:00)
Last edited by Malakittens on Sun May 01, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 5:28 am

Post by catboi »

In post 71, goodmorning wrote:@catboi: I did elaborate later in the same post, in response to Cat. What makes you qualify one vote as early game pressure? I would tend to feel that early game pressure RE: votes would require, like, E-2 in a Micro sized game, and it's clear that you didn't feel pressured by my vote here.
Ah, my bad for missing that, I really wasn't paying close attention when I was reading up because I was still tired.

In general I think of any vote as some form of pressure if there's a measure of seriousness behind it.
In post 73, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:P-Edit: I don't see why you'd want to vote the lurker. It's more likely that they both just flaked in general and we should wait for a replacement, given that there are no posts at all.
in newbie games especially flaking slots are mafia at an above average rate, although it's hardly a slam dunk.
In post 62, goodmorning wrote:I clicked over and saw the player list and that explains everything. [Redacted because I don't have anything nice to say.] I'll just note that there is such a thing as posting too much.
I had assumed you meant votato but it looks like you didn't have the, *ahem*
pleasure
of experiencing his awfulness in games since he was banned before you came back.
In post 62, goodmorning wrote:I didn't like 17 specifically. There were a couple reasons for this but they all boil down to it feeling manufactured. The conversation with Ash and numbers feels like manufactured friendliness; the "oh, I feel like I'm stagnating" feels like manufactured concern, and the vote on Bella feels like a manufactured attempt to push for towncred by pushing away from RVS in an appropriately RV-friendly way.

Of course, feelings are the ultimate YMMV, but it's unusual for everything in an early post to ping me that way.
Ah, perfectly understandable. I tend to play RVS in newbie games differently because I sort of what to project a different image here as being helpful, rather than being more aggressive as that's more prone to being misinterpreted. I am aware that too much idle conversation tends to make a game stagnate, though, and so I wanted to try to do
something
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 5:32 am

Post by syugar »

In post 36, catboi wrote:
In post 27, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:VOTE: Bella

Take this as an encouragement to not play in the safe non-commital way you did last game, even if that's just your playstyle.
I advise not jumping down someone's throat just because you don't like their playstyle. We're here to play a game on the internet, let's be nice.

I don't see scum opening the game this way, though?
What? You don't seem them opening the game that way because why?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 5:38 am

Post by syugar »

In post 72, Asphodelus wrote:I dont think there's any reaction tests at the given moment. A lot of its just trying to find out what's going on right?

At the moment though, it feels like there's a whole lot of nothing being said so:

VOTE: syugar Im going down my lurker list, and both the old one and the replacement havent said anything yet.
VOTE: Asphodelus
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 5:39 am

Post by syugar »

In post 73, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 58, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:VOTE: numbers

I don't like how you've been playing the returning player card since the start of the game.
Honestly, fair criticism. I've been talking too much about my past experiences about Mafia and too little about
the actual game that's going on right now.
VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers
"Honestly fair" or "fair enough" is always scum! Apologize for the appearance of your game and mold it to our wishes!
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 5:43 am

Post by syugar »

In post 76, catboi wrote:
In post 71, goodmorning wrote:@catboi: I did elaborate later in the same post, in response to Cat. What makes you qualify one vote as early game pressure? I would tend to feel that early game pressure RE: votes would require, like, E-2 in a Micro sized game, and it's clear that you didn't feel pressured by my vote here.
Ah, my bad for missing that, I really wasn't paying close attention when I was reading up because I was still tired.

In general I think of any vote as some form of pressure if there's a measure of seriousness behind it.
In post 62, goodmorning wrote:I didn't like 17 specifically. There were a couple reasons for this but they all boil down to it feeling manufactured. The conversation with Ash and numbers feels like manufactured friendliness; the "oh, I feel like I'm stagnating" feels like manufactured concern, and the vote on Bella feels like a manufactured attempt to push for towncred by pushing away from RVS in an appropriately RV-friendly way.

Of course, feelings are the ultimate YMMV, but it's unusual for everything in an early post to ping me that way.
Ah, perfectly understandable. I tend to play RVS in newbie games differently because I sort of what to project a different image here as being helpful, rather than being more aggressive as that's more prone to being misinterpreted. I am aware that too much idle conversation tends to make a game stagnate, though, and so I wanted to try to do
something
We don't need the ICs talking about the theory of mafia, you already know how to play. Just thread bloat.

goodmornings read is pretty thin to the point that it looks fake and he alrdy knew that because he described it as the ultimate YMMV, he isn't even interested in defending it if someone pushes back on it. Interesting
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:11 am

Post by goodmorning »

The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS??? And those were the only 4 things deemed relevant for discussion??????

@catboi: I guess we have ~philosophical differences~ then. Kind of a boring answer to that but that's life. It is interesting to see you admit that you're trying (or did try? Unclear to me how much of an ongoing thing this is going to be for you in this game yet?) to project helpfulness, and I think that's another thing I'm going to have to sit with for a bit.

@syugar: RE: :
1. You literally quoted, in the same post, catboi admitting that I was at least correct that the helpfulness/friendliness was at least partially manufactured, so clearly my read did have some actual substance to it.
2. Speaking of actual substance, how much of that do you actually expect to see in literally post 21?
3. Are you saying that your feelings are, in fact, facts? Because I can definitely tell you that's not how that works.
4. Consider this me defending your pushback, which is clearly based on
lies and slander.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@syu, how strong should reads be on page 3?

Tbf I did have a tr but the last few posts killed it.

I think for me the voting thing wasn't even 'a town mistaken/too scummy', etc., CThey just both sucked? The goldfish vote was from catboi, who I feel for game progress should've at least highlighted -2 for people to react to, and to2 because it just wasn't really a game related vote.

P-edit I will read that later
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:37 am

Post by syugar »

In post 81, goodmorning wrote:The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS??? And those were the only 4 things deemed relevant for discussion??????

@catboi: I guess we have ~philosophical differences~ then. Kind of a boring answer to that but that's life. It is interesting to see you admit that you're trying (or did try? Unclear to me how much of an ongoing thing this is going to be for you in this game yet?) to project helpfulness, and I think that's another thing I'm going to have to sit with for a bit.

1. You literally quoted, in the same post, catboi admitting that I was at least correct that the helpfulness/friendliness was at least partially manufactured, so clearly my read did have some actual substance to it.
2. Speaking of actual substance, how much of that do you actually expect to see in literally post 21?
3. Are you saying that your feelings are, in fact, facts? Because I can definitely tell you that's not how that works.
lies and slander.
There's nothing substantive about pointing out random posts as being manufactured. I wouldn't even consider it something that helps people get out of RVS, because you inevitably fall back on "it's the VIBES" so discussions cannot go anywhere. I don't really like the approach.

Which parts were lies and slander? You're admitting that your read is thin in this very post in point #2 which confirms everything that I said.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:38 am

Post by syugar »

In post 82, Bellaphant wrote:@syu, how strong should reads be on page 3?
Usually not very, but I see two people that I want to lynch already.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:41 am

Post by syugar »

In post 81, goodmorning wrote:The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS?
The progression to voting me doesn't make sense. There's nothing being said, so you vote the person who has not and shows no signs of coming to the thread? Why?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:45 am

Post by syugar »

Also, forgive the confusion, but I'm going to change my avatar. Uploaded this one three years ago, don't like it anymore.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:47 am

Post by catboi »

In post 84, syugar wrote:
FYI, the site has phased out the usage of the term "lynch" and it's no longer allowed to be used in games. use another term instead, "eliminate" is the standard for newbie games.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:48 am

Post by syugar »

In post 87, catboi wrote:
FYI, the site has phased out the usage of the term "lynch" and it's no longer allowed to be used in games. use another term instead, "eliminate" is the standard for newbie games.
Sorry about that, it's been a while. I'll try to avoid it, although it's very much in my muscle memory to type.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:49 am

Post by catboi »

In post 77, syugar wrote:
In post 36, catboi wrote:
In post 27, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:VOTE: Bella

Take this as an encouragement to not play in the safe non-commital way you did last game, even if that's just your playstyle.
I advise not jumping down someone's throat just because you don't like their playstyle. We're here to play a game on the internet, let's be nice.

I don't see scum opening the game this way, though?
What? You don't seem them opening the game that way because why?
The voting someone and immediately picking a fight with them because of not liking their playstyle. Does them no favors and is more likely to make enemies, no real point to it. I know he said the vote was RVS after so the point isn't as strong but it's there.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:50 am

Post by catboi »

syugar seems like obvious town though, so that's a start. Bringing the jolt this game needed.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:53 am

Post by syugar »

In post 89, catboi wrote:The voting someone and immediately picking a fight with them because of not liking their playstyle. Does them no favors and is more likely to make enemies, no real point to it. I know he said the vote was RVS after so the point isn't as strong but it's there.
Shrug

If you give their scum game zero credit whatsoever, sure

They seem to be new so why not

Those types of playstyle pushes are easier to sustain as scum > town because the reasons don't actually have to map on to things happening in the gamestate
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:53 am

Post by syugar »

In post 90, catboi wrote:syugar seems like obvious town though, so that's a start. Bringing the jolt this game needed.
Hahaha. I try to act reserved at the start, but I am a bit of a bull in the china shop.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:57 am

Post by syugar »

If I stay online the thread will reach 20 pages and the new players will have a tough time, so I think I'm just going to pop in one or twice a day. See you later.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Cool, who?

@catboi, really? This is screaming playstyle, not anything to do with a desire to solve.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

@Syugar
You want to hang me for an RVS vote?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:11 am

Post by catboi »

In post 91, syugar wrote:
In post 89, catboi wrote:The voting someone and immediately picking a fight with them because of not liking their playstyle. Does them no favors and is more likely to make enemies, no real point to it. I know he said the vote was RVS after so the point isn't as strong but it's there.
Shrug

If you give their scum game zero credit whatsoever, sure

They seem to be new so why not

Those types of playstyle pushes are easier to sustain as scum > town because the reasons don't actually have to map on to things happening in the gamestate
I mean sure but it's a page 2 read, I'm hardly committed to it long term, just an early gut feeling. I don't even view it as a serious push. New reads will come with new information.
In post 94, Bellaphant wrote:
Cool, who?

@catboi, really? This is screaming playstyle, not anything to do with a desire to solve.
It can be faked but in general I tend to townread early aggression unless it feels like someone is making arguments that are complete nonsense. I'd probably have to check their meta to do so but they don't have any here, so meh. Rolling with it right now!
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:35 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 83, syugar wrote:
In post 81, goodmorning wrote:The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS??? And those were the only 4 things deemed relevant for discussion??????

lies and slander.
There's nothing substantive about pointing out random posts as being manufactured. I wouldn't even consider it something that helps people get out of RVS, because you inevitably fall back on "it's the VIBES" so discussions cannot go anywhere. I don't really like the approach.

Which parts were lies and slander? You're admitting that your read is thin in this very post in point #2 which confirms everything that I said.
Literally point 1 demonstrates that my read has been admitted to contain at least one accurate component but go ahead and keep not reading I guess! It's a lie to say there was nothing to it and it's also a lie to say discussion about it can't go anywhere because I feel like this one sure is! If you have a better page 1 approach than just saying "here is a thing I found mildly scummy" then I would sure love to hear what it is!

What makes you think I was making a deliberate move to exit RVS rather than, I don't know, maybe trying to establish some reads for myself?
In post 85, syugar wrote:
In post 81, goodmorning wrote:The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS?
The progression to voting me doesn't make sense. There's nothing being said, so you vote the person who has not and shows no signs of coming to the thread? Why?
Why did it take you this long to come up with an explanation for your naked OMGUS vote?
In post 90, catboi wrote:syugar seems like obvious town though, so that's a start. Bringing the jolt this game needed.
Strongly disagree. Some people are just combative, and frankly this looks to me like combativeness just for the sake of it rather than any attempt to actually solve the game. syugar appears to be trying to take on the "I'm right and everyone should follow me, do not question me at any time, I am the town leader" role, which I strongly distrust,
especially
in the context of a Newbie game, where people don't necessarily have any experience of this kind of playstyle. It's also just obnoxious tbh, there's only one player I've ever enjoyed seeing do anything like this and he doesn't play here anymore.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:39 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 81, goodmorning wrote:
Actually also @syugar: you missed a question. Are your feelings facts? Inquiring minds wish to know!!

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Malakittens »

Mew
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”