Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:33 pm

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

I've been kinda busy irl and I'm also in another game so I haven't had a lot of time sorry, I'm going to try and be more active from now on
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:34 pm

Or maybe I shouldn't try and be more active seeing as you consider it scummy for me :lol:

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:35 pm

In post 123, Cat.Jpeg wrote:She has also been budding ppl (kinda), i removed that but then didnt copy the version with it gone
Who is it you think I've been buddying?
I haven't even shared any townreads I don't think.

I have a gtkas
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 119, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Although having said what I just did, I kind of agree with cat boi here, cat.jpeg, it feels like you've been playing a bit safer than usual, and I'm getting very null vibes which worries me. Another thing is you saying the votes seem random immediately after someone votes for you, which feels like a scum tactic, trying to invalidate votes on you by saying there isn't much reasoning behind them.
I have been 'playing it safe' because i cant get any good reads because theres barely anything, we are only already on page 5 because everyone has been quoting stuff. I'm not saying I want a huge string of meaningless posts but I would like some more from some people. I just looked at activity and my town reads are all people who havent posted very much so, um, post most more so i can see if i still town read you even then.
I was gonna say all the posts were random and unjustified after I saw how many people had just one vote, and Syugars quick 2 votes. As for invalidating catbois vote, lets be honest, 'playing it too safe'
is
pretty unreasonable. Especially since they never asked me anything or tried to interact with me.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:44 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

typed that before i saw ur posts, we must be on the same wavelength.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:47 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 127, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 123, Cat.Jpeg wrote:She has also been budding ppl (kinda), i removed that but then didnt copy the version with it gone
All your early posts have some buddying type thing, maybe your just being nice idk
Also no town reads?????? sound kinda safe to me /j
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:49 pm

In post 130, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
All your early posts have some buddying type thing, maybe your just being nice idk
I didn't say I don't have any town reads, just that I haven't shared any yet.

I have a gtkas
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:51 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Are u going to?
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:52 pm

GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 130, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
I didn't say I don't have any town reads, just that I haven't shared any yet.
Actually scratch that I probably don't have any solid town reads, maybe a few town leans, and probably a few scum leans but most players are null because they haven't made that many posts yet.

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:53 pm

Typed that before I sae your post

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:59 pm

I'll share a few thoughts be aware that most of these are not based on much though,

Syguars enterance is interesting to me, the agressiveness has been townread by a few ppl and I would caution against this. I really want to read it for alignment but I'm not familiar with sygars playstyle. I know his enterance is probably/definitely what I would have done in the same situation as scum, but that's my specific playstyle so I don't know if it applys in this situation.

Bellaphant and good morning both give me townie vibes, but I couldn't exactly tell you the reason why.

T02 is pure null, possibly scum for lack of content but I don't want to say that because it's kind of hypocritical considering my low post volume.

Cat boi is also null, they've made some posts I agree with and some I definitely don't so I'm not sure.

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:00 pm

The other people I probably need to think some more about before I offer an opinion

I have a gtkas
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 135, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Cat boi is also null, they've made some posts I agree with and some I definitely don't so I'm not sure.
Agreeing with someone does not equal them being town and disagreeing with someone doesn't make them scum. Also you literally have the exact same reasons as me for not having strong reads so you better not keep useing the playing safe argument against me.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:11 pm

In post 137, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 135, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Cat boi is also null, they've made some posts I agree with and some I definitely don't so I'm not sure.
Agreeing with someone does not equal them being town and disagreeing with someone doesn't make them scum. Also you literally have the exact same reasons as me for not having strong reads so you better not keep useing the playing safe argument against me.
I'm aware that agreeing with someone doesn't equal town, I more mean agree with as in I can see how town would come to that reasoning and agree that it kinda makes sense.

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:13 pm

Also the casting sus on you was mostly a reaction test, to try and get you to respond to me so I could read you because I could see that you're online and I like real time interaction for getting reads.

I have a gtkas
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

^ good posting from the fish
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 1:04 am

Post by catboi »

In post 112, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 109, catboi wrote:Actually have time to focus my attention on this game now.

VOTE: cat.jpeg

I think she's playing it a bit safe so far.
I was just being happy seeing I was the only one not voting or being voted, why you gotta ruin it like that?
I feel like a lot of the votes right now are unjustified and all over the place.
In post 113, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 90, catboi wrote:syugar seems like obvious town though, so that's a start. Bringing the jolt this game needed.
I wanted to respond to this saying I strongly disagreed with them being obvious town but I see its already been resolved, kinda sucks rarely being active at the same time as others. But in reference to me playing too safe, a lot of the questions/accusations I have are said by someone else before I can answer. Also I still dont have any clear scumreads rn.
It
is
true that a lot of the votes are unjustified and all over the place, but that's kind of the nature of early day 1 in forum mafia, no one knows anything and most stuff is unjustified. As time goes on the accusations will get more substantial. I looked at your other game - it seems like most of your experience is with chat mafia?

1. If you disagree with syugar being obvious town, do you not scumread them?
2. If you don't have any clear scumreads, do you have any townreads?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 1:05 am

Post by catboi »

In post 116, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I think I need to read some ISO's but right now tentative TRs on
Goldfish
, Goodmorning, and
Notajumble
(though i would like them to post some more)
Serves me right for posting before reading everything. Can you explain the bolded? Those are some surprising choices.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 1:18 am

Post by catboi »

In post 114, Bellaphant wrote:Huh, it was ash, and their weird vote made me rethink but in hindsight I don't think it's that scummy. Maybe I should've explained more, but I find it interesting to see if other people can interpret others' responses/if they'd seen something 'scummy'.

I'm not tr-ing GM yet, which is weird, as they were lock town by page two last time.
Ah, I had been
hoping
what I saw was the same thing you had seen. If that had been the case I'd have lock-towned you for it immediately. My own reading of ash's posts didn't leave much of an impression.
In post 117, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:I would agree, it feels like this game is still in RVS
It essentially is still in RVS - there's no particularly defined length for RVS in terms of pages or time, it's just when the game starts to get more substantial. We're trying to break free but we have yet to hit escape velocity, I think.
In post 120, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 116, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I think I need to read some ISO's but right now tentative TRs on Goldfish, Goodmorning, and Notajumble (though i would like them to post some more)
to elaborate, Goldfish seems town to me due to how little she has posted, as town and mafia she usually posts a lot so its odd in general she isnt posting as much but I do feel its a town thing because as mafia she would probably be trying control the game a bit more and subtly buddying people.

goodmorning combatively pointing out how being combative isnt a town tell seems townie though might just be a play. Also something about their wallposting feels towny

With NotAJumble honestly i just have a vague town vibe so far.

So I know this isnt very solid but oh well.
Okay, I'm going stop doing this and actually read fully before I respond anymore, lmao.

The reasoning on goldfish makes a lot of sense based on familiarity. I'm not really sure about the other two but I lean toward believing that you believe this, because it doesn't feel like something you'd make up.

---

from goldfish reads towny but is waffly, might be town-indicative if she's telling the truth about playing aggressively as scum but I'd have to check.

UNVOTE:

I think cat.jpeg is pretty townie. I very slightly have a good gut feeling about Bella. We're making progress.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 2:04 am

Post by catboi »

In post 81, goodmorning wrote:
The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS??? And those were the only 4 things deemed relevant for discussion??????

@catboi: I guess we have ~philosophical differences~ then. Kind of a boring answer to that but that's life. It is interesting to see you admit that you're trying (or did try? Unclear to me how much of an ongoing thing this is going to be for you in this game yet?) to project helpfulness, and I think that's another thing I'm going to have to sit with for a bit.

@syugar: RE: :
1. You literally quoted, in the same post, catboi admitting that I was at least correct that the helpfulness/friendliness was at least partially manufactured, so clearly my read did have some actual substance to it.
2. Speaking of actual substance, how much of that do you actually expect to see in literally post 21?
3. Are you saying that your feelings are, in fact, facts? Because I can definitely tell you that's not how that works.
4. Consider this me defending your pushback, which is clearly based on
lies and slander.
I did not like this post, in particular the bolded. The pushback on syugar feels a bit like experienced scum getting their tail in a twist over being fosed for what they feel are "bad" reasons. The stacking buzzword-y "tells" against syugar felt not very genuine at all.

VOTE: goodmorning
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:32 am

Post by Bellaphant »

My issue was I didn't like syugars posting, then I didn't like GM's response, then I didn't like how catboi called syugars posting town! I'm liking catbois progression much more.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 1.05

goodmorning: (1) catboi
Syguar: (1) Asphodelus
Takemikazuchi02: (1) Bellaphant
Catboi: (1) goodMorning
NotAJumbleOfNumbers: (2) Takemikazuchi02, syugar

Not Voting (3): GoldfishFromTheMoon, NotAJumbleOfNumbers, cat.jpeg

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-07 10:20:00)
Last edited by Malakittens on Mon May 02, 2022 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:49 am

Post by catboi »

In post 145, Bellaphant wrote:My issue was I didn't like syugars posting, then I didn't like GM's response, then I didn't like how catboi called syugars posting town! I'm liking catbois progression much more.
I think in particular w/r/t syugar I've seen other players take that kind of aggressive approach where they seem to fos a lot of people on entry and gotten wary of it because of how wide their suspicion seemed to be, but the player ended up being town anyway. Just think stylistically the scattered approach is more likely to be town where scum faking aggression take a narrow-tunnel approach

If I assemble my vague townish feelings together, I have Cat.Jpeg (feel very good about this one), goldfish, bella, and syugar. It's possible I'm wrong on one of these because it's earrly, but if it
is
true it would mean all the scum would be in GM, Ash, T02, and jumble. Which feels...plausible?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:50 am

Post by syugar »

In post 135, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Syguars enterance is interesting to me, the agressiveness has been townread by a few ppl and I would caution against this. I really want to read it for alignment but I'm not familiar with sygars playstyle. I know his enterance is probably/definitely what I would have done in the same situation as scum, but that's my specific playstyle so I don't know if it applys in this situation.
Opinion seems recycled from other people somehow? Doesn't feel right. Am I reading right that your scumgame would be quite aggressive and that informs this read, when your presented towngame here is quite passive? I don't often see people oscillate that much between alignment when it comes to approach. Do you have any finished scum games to read?

Everything else I cut from the post wasn't worth talking about
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:53 am

Post by syugar »

In post 145, Bellaphant wrote:My issue was I didn't like syugars posting, then I didn't like GM's response, then I didn't like how catboi called syugars posting town! I'm liking catbois progression much more.
Yeah he's posting the good

I don't know goodmorning's tendencies so I dunno if they're in the scumpile yet (scoping it out) but I noted his 'defense' seeming more aggressive than such

Ur townread on ash degrading makes sense to me too, not hot on them either

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”