Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 248, Radical Rat wrote:If it was actually a joke, then I apologize. I sometimes have difficulty discerning jokes from serious statements, as evidenced by well... This.

I do still think your reactions to pressure look very not good, but I will need to re-read and re-evaluate things with that in mind before making proper judgement, and I don't really have the energy for that tonight, so look forward to that tomorrow.

I do still 100% stand by using the elimination being the correct decision though, that's not affected by any of this
I see how furtives reactions might not look so good but I think this could be coming from an annoyed town.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:03 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 247, Alianna wrote:We aren't going to get a good wagon in the time we have. I think it's best we just end the phase so we can move on from this argument and discuss reads.
I don't think we will get a turn around and an elimination today, I think its best if someone hammers so we can stop talking about if we should double eliminate or if something was a joke or not and get onto more helpful things.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

I'm torn over whether or not to hammer no-lim.

Originally I definitely intended to but Dunnstrals maths was fairly convincing, and even considering that some of it might be wrong it made me think more about it, and I think the most likely situation is we end up eliminating one town and one scum, which isn't bad.
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:03 pm

I don't know.

I have a gtkas
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

VC
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 12:00 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Votecount 1.0.4

furtiveglance (2): RadicalRat, Titus, Dunnstral [E-2]

No Elimination (4 ) Flea the Magician, furtiveglance, Cat.jpeg, Alianna[E-1]

Not Voting (2): MalcolmTucker, GoldfishFromTheMoon,

With 9 alive it takes 5 to make a decision.
Deadline:(expired on 2022-05-03 13:01:27)
Last edited by MegAzumarill on Mon May 02, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 2:48 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 252, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:I'm torn over whether or not to hammer no-lim.

Originally I definitely intended to but Dunnstrals maths was fairly convincing, and even considering that some of it might be wrong it made me think more about it, and I think the most likely situation is we end up eliminating one town and one scum, which isn't bad.
It's not most likely, it's just under 40%. I'm not going to talk about the other numbers because any elimination we make now might as well be random. And I suppose there's the chance we eliminate the NK target, but we can't bank on that.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 2:51 am

Post by Alianna »

I'd naturally be suspicious of the people involved in the conflict, but maybe the mafia are hiding in the shadows and watching us eat ourselves. I have no idea who it is right now.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Titus »

In post 257, Alianna wrote:I'd naturally be suspicious of the people involved in the conflict, but maybe the mafia are hiding in the shadows and watching us eat ourselves. I have no idea who it is right now.
This feels a bit town. I don’t like the hedge but the rationale on the back end is town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Titus »

In post 251, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 247, Alianna wrote:We aren't going to get a good wagon in the time we have. I think it's best we just end the phase so we can move on from this argument and discuss reads.
I don't think we will get a turn around and an elimination today, I think its best if someone hammers so we can stop talking about if we should double eliminate or if something was a joke or not and get onto more helpful things.
This feels like an attempt to force through a bad idea without giving reads.

Almost all, if not all, the people voting no elimination aren't scumhunting and barely scratched an omgus.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Titus »

In post 236, Flea The Magician wrote:I'm the main one pushing her no kill.
Titus needs to give her reasoning for the furtive vote an why not me when I'm clearly being called scum in that post as the main person pushing for no kill.
Like I said. Town can disagree. Scum jump on the opportunity to silence town and deny information.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 5:52 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I've encouraged discussion, I was the first one to give actual reads and ask others for opinions.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 5:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Look at
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Radical Rat »

What makes these discussions not helpful? I think deciding to eliminate is a very important decision, and if someone presents a more compelling reason than simply being afraid of missing, I'd be happy to hammer a no lim. Can't happen if we don't talk about it though.

Likewise, the joke thing was a misconception that informed my scumread, and that's important to clear up, is it not?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 259, Titus wrote:Almost all, if not all, the people voting no elimination aren't scumhunting and barely scratched an omgus.
This isn't true though is it. I've been trying, and I've been trying to engage with you, I know you're not at your peak but in a game like this I know you'd read and respond. I've also called out another read and set of interactions I've had and given the state of the game there isn't much to go on.
Titus wrote:
Titus needs to give her reasoning for the furtive vote an why not me when I'm clearly being called scum in that post as the main person pushing for no kill.
Like I said. Town can disagree. Scum jump on the opportunity to silence town and deny information.
So where do you stand on me currently? Because I'm seeing a conflict.
Radical Rat wrote:
Adding to this its never too late to try and get a wagon if you believe it's right, there's no reason for you to lie down and watch the game roll over you.

What makes these discussions not helpful? I think deciding to eliminate is a very important decision, and if someone presents a more compelling reason than simply being afraid of missing, I'd be happy to hammer a no lim. Can't happen if we don't talk about it though.

Likewise, the joke thing was a misconception that informed my scumread, and that's important to clear up, is it not?
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 10:56 am

In post 250, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 248, Radical Rat wrote:If it was actually a joke, then I apologize. I sometimes have difficulty discerning jokes from serious statements, as evidenced by well... This.

I do still think your reactions to pressure look very not good, but I will need to re-read and re-evaluate things with that in mind before making proper judgement, and I don't really have the energy for that tonight, so look forward to that tomorrow.

I do still 100% stand by using the elimination being the correct decision though, that's not affected by any of this
I see how furtives reactions might not look so good but I think this could be coming from an annoyed town.
I agree with cat on this one, I've seen furtive play like this before and at the moment I'm not sure the push on him is justified.

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 11:00 am

In post 260, Titus wrote:
You keep talking about scum trying to deny information, but I don't think that's the case here. By giving us the kill action today, I think scum beleived they could steer the game towards two miseliminations on day 1 which is good for them. So I think scum would actually want to go ahead with the second elimination unless the wagons were on them and it looked likely to be a scum elim.

I have a gtkas
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I simply think that scum decided to put the kill first when they felt it would be the least harmful to themselves
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

@mod
I'm voting furtiveglance
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 268, Dunnstral wrote:
@mod
I'm voting furtiveglance
Fixing now
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 267, Dunnstral wrote:I simply think that scum decided to put the kill first when they felt it would be the least harmful to themselves
Exactly, this is the only one that might benefit them. Tomorrow I feel like we will get watch, track or imprison, which I will have something to say abt depending on which one we get but i dont wanna say it in front of mafia
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:53 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 263, Radical Rat wrote:

I'm not saying those things arent important because they very much are but I dont feel like they help me read people. With the choice to doible eliminate the conversation felt stuck and circular and scum or town could be on either side imo (though you maybe get some stuff off it based on flips and its likely maybe that both scum were on the same side???). And the joke thing was important for you to clear up but personally it didnt change much for me. That point was kinda a miss because it was good it was talked about znd its not like you can ask in PMs. Not everything needs to be super alignment indicative but it is rough when nothing is.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 8:56 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Also being afraid to miss is a very important reason. mis-lims is how town loses.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 9:44 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Okay so I was thinking about if Furtive was scum, who would be their scumbuddy?
I think it would be pretty crazy if Dunnstral, RadicalRat, or Titus is their scumbuddy.
Malcolm Tucker I really dont think is because of and along with other posts
Flea I dont think is because of , now normally I would consider the possibility of them being a scumbuddy but who doesn't want to go down with furtive so they decide its better to add some pressure to distance themselves but not straight up scum read but this post and the reasons used really dont feel like a scum buddy interaction.
Alianna , slightly less sure but also dont think this is scumbuddy behaviour.
Lastly there's Goldfish who i feel could be a possible scumbuddy, the RVS vote for Furtive coulda been orchestrated. She also was the only one who put basically no pressure on furtive, I will admit tho, I myself didnt say very much against them.

Ofc this all only matters if furtive is scum, but I dont know if I want to vote them soon and find out so oh well.
I could spend 5 hrs doing this ^ for everyone so if we find one mafia we will instantly know the other (because my assumptions are definitely always right) but im tired and also i dont think doing this will be as clear cut for other people and things might change but i thought this was worth it in case the furtive wagon rolls on into elim phase.
Basically what im saying is if furtive is scum goldfish would prolly be a good vote, if goldfish is town i think furtive is too?

(also just in case i get night killed, which i feel like i wont, i dont think Goldfish would wanna kill me night 1 (and its okay for me to say this because they cant change their minds) though she could probably be persuaded idk)
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 10:59 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 273, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Okay so I was thinking about if Furtive was scum, who would be their scumbuddy?
I think it would be pretty crazy if Dunnstral, RadicalRat, or Titus is their scumbuddy.
Malcolm Tucker I really dont think is because of and along with other posts
Flea I dont think is because of , now normally I would consider the possibility of them being a scumbuddy but who doesn't want to go down with furtive so they decide its better to add some pressure to distance themselves but not straight up scum read but this post and the reasons used really dont feel like a scum buddy interaction.
Alianna , slightly less sure but also dont think this is scumbuddy behaviour.
Lastly there's Goldfish who i feel could be a possible scumbuddy, the RVS vote for Furtive coulda been orchestrated. She also was the only one who put basically no pressure on furtive, I will admit tho, I myself didnt say very much against them.

Ofc this all only matters if furtive is scum, but I dont know if I want to vote them soon and find out so oh well.
I could spend 5 hrs doing this ^ for everyone so if we find one mafia we will instantly know the other (because my assumptions are definitely always right) but im tired and also i dont think doing this will be as clear cut for other people and things might change but i thought this was worth it in case the furtive wagon rolls on into elim phase.
Basically what im saying is if furtive is scum goldfish would prolly be a good vote, if goldfish is town i think furtive is too?

(also just in case i get night killed, which i feel like i wont, i dont think Goldfish would wanna kill me night 1 (and its okay for me to say this because they cant change their minds) though she could probably be persuaded idk)
Honestly I suppose in this case you would end up looking like the most likely partner, although I'm unsure both mafia would be so against the double elimination for performative reasons given the benefit to them if it goes through and doesn't go well.

Return to “Completed Open Games”