Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 11:36 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Votecount 1.0.5

furtiveglance (2): RadicalRat, Titus, Dunnstral [E-2]

No Elimination (4 ) Flea the Magician, furtiveglance, Cat.jpeg, Alianna [E-1]

Not Voting (2): MalcolmTucker, GoldfishFromTheMoon,

With 9 alive it takes 5 to make a decision.
Deadline:(expired on 2022-05-03 13:01:27)
Last edited by MegAzumarill on Tue May 03, 2022 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2022 11:54 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 273, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Okay so I was thinking about if Furtive was scum, who would be their scumbuddy?
I think it would be pretty crazy if Dunnstral, RadicalRat, or Titus is their scumbuddy.
Malcolm Tucker I really dont think is because of and along with other posts
Flea I dont think is because of , now normally I would consider the possibility of them being a scumbuddy but who doesn't want to go down with furtive so they decide its better to add some pressure to distance themselves but not straight up scum read but this post and the reasons used really dont feel like a scum buddy interaction.
Alianna , slightly less sure but also dont think this is scumbuddy behaviour.
Lastly there's Goldfish who i feel could be a possible scumbuddy, the RVS vote for Furtive coulda been orchestrated. She also was the only one who put basically no pressure on furtive, I will admit tho, I myself didnt say very much against them.

Ofc this all only matters if furtive is scum, but I dont know if I want to vote them soon and find out so oh well.
I could spend 5 hrs doing this ^ for everyone so if we find one mafia we will instantly know the other (because my assumptions are definitely always right) but im tired and also i dont think doing this will be as clear cut for other people and things might change but i thought this was worth it in case the furtive wagon rolls on into elim phase.
Basically what im saying is if furtive is scum goldfish would prolly be a good vote, if goldfish is town i think furtive is too?

(also just in case i get night killed, which i feel like i wont, i dont think Goldfish would wanna kill me night 1 (and its okay for me to say this because they cant change their minds) though she could probably be persuaded idk)
So the weird thing here for me is you're hunting associatives without a flip or even confidence in pre-flip.

Whats your read on Furtive currently? ELI5.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 4:37 am

Post by Radical Rat »

... Somehow I thought deadline was longer. Guess the no lim folks win then.

To update, I still feel like furtive is being defensive to a weird degree, especially given the relatively light pressure he's been under, and pretty much all of their actual arguments look rather disingenuous.

Beyond that, probably either Cat or Goldfish, but I'm] not sure which.

Fairly confident in saying there's at least one scum in that group, even if furtive does flip green.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 260, Titus wrote:
In post 236, Flea The Magician wrote:I'm the main one pushing her no kill.
Titus needs to give her reasoning for the furtive vote an why not me when I'm clearly being called scum in that post as the main person pushing for no kill.
Like I said. Town can disagree. Scum jump on the opportunity to silence town and deny information.
In post 261, furtiveglance wrote:I've encouraged discussion, I was the first one to give actual reads and ask others for opinions.
In post 262, furtiveglance wrote:Look at
130 is literally an omgus.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:09 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Radical Rat, your thoughts on players besides me are just "Cat/Goldfish could be scum, maybe?"

For me it's the other way around, by the way. People's pushes on me seem rather disingenuous, and I've been defensive as a result of people being unnecessarily offensive.

My position is a pretty strange one to be in, and I'm not sure how to go about it. 3 people seem to have it locked into their heads that I'm scum, and everything I say seems to just confirm that for them. I'm trying to give reads and play the game normally, but If I'm constantly having to defend senseless pushes on me, I'll be a bit busy with that.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Titus »

In post 266, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
Titus needs to give her reasoning for the furtive vote an why not me when I'm clearly being called scum in that post as the main person pushing for no kill.
Like I said. Town can disagree. Scum jump on the opportunity to silence town and deny information.
You keep talking about scum trying to deny information, but I don't think that's the case here. By giving us the kill action today, I think scum beleived they could steer the game towards two miseliminations on day 1 which is good for them. So I think scum would actually want to go ahead with the second elimination unless the wagons were on them and it looked likely to be a scum elim.
Then where was the effort by anyone to hunt? Why was it like pulling teeth?

Why aren't players like Dunn actively voting, knowing it's the right thing to do?

We don't no lim on Day 1 and now we're doing the equivalent.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 279, furtiveglance wrote:Radical Rat, your thoughts on players besides me are just "Cat/Goldfish could be scum, maybe?"

For me it's the other way around, by the way. People's pushes on me seem rather disingenuous, and I've been defensive as a result of people being unnecessarily offensive.

My position is a pretty strange one to be in, and I'm not sure how to go about it. 3 people seem to have it locked into their heads that I'm scum, and everything I say seems to just confirm that for them. I'm trying to give reads and play the game normally, but If I'm constantly having to defend senseless pushes on me, I'll be a bit busy with that.

Oh no, that wasn't a full readslist or anything, just my current scumpool.

Actual readslist would look something like this:

Flea, Dunnstral
Malcolm, Titus
Alianna
Cat, Goldfish, furtive

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 9:08 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

The Ability Phase was forfeited because no majority was reached.
The elimination phase begins! Reminder this is for a plurality elimination. Vote for who you think is the mafia!

Votecount 1.1.0

Not Voting (9): RadicalRat, Titus, Dunnstral, Flea the Magician, furtiveglance, Cat.jpeg, Alianna, MalcolmTucker, GoldfishFromTheMoon,

With 9 alive it takes 5 to send to the shadow realm.
Deadline: (expired on 2022-05-09 16:07:45)
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

kewl.
VOTE: cat.jpeg
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

VOTE: Radical Rat
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 281, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 279, furtiveglance wrote:Radical Rat, your thoughts on players besides me are just "Cat/Goldfish could be scum, maybe?"

Flea, Dunnstral
Malcolm, Titus
Alianna
Cat, Goldfish, furtive
I don't like this readslist. It looks calculated, and not in a good way. It actually looks like an exercise I'd do if I was scum - rank players from hardest to easiest to mislim.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 280, Titus wrote:
In post 266, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
You keep talking about scum trying to deny information, but I don't think that's the case here. By giving us the kill action today, I think scum beleived they could steer the game towards two miseliminations on day 1 which is good for them. So I think scum would actually want to go ahead with the second elimination unless the wagons were on them and it looked likely to be a scum elim.
Then where was the effort by anyone to hunt? Why was it like pulling teeth?

Why aren't players like Dunn actively voting, knowing it's the right thing to do?

We don't no lim on Day 1 and now we're doing the equivalent.
Not sure what you mean, I was voting
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Not according to the votecount....LOL
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Alianna »

That VC was fixed though, well before Titus posted 280.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 24
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Alianna »

Unless you guys are referring to the current VC. In that case, I don't think it's necessary to have a vote placed at all times.
I townread Alianna.

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

No I was referring to when Dunnstral's vote was missed
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Alianna »

Ok, thank goodness. This game has been rife with misunderstandings, so I had to check.
I townread Alianna.

Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 276, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 273, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Okay so I was thinking about if Furtive was scum, who would be their scumbuddy?
I think it would be pretty crazy if Dunnstral, RadicalRat, or Titus is their scumbuddy.
Flea I dont think is because of , now normally I would consider the possibility of them being a scumbuddy but who doesn't want to go down with furtive so they decide its better to add some pressure to distance themselves but not straight up scum read but this post and the reasons used really dont feel like a scum buddy interaction.
Lastly there's Goldfish who i feel could be a possible scumbuddy, the RVS vote for Furtive coulda been orchestrated. She also was the only one who put basically no pressure on furtive, I will admit tho, I myself didnt say very much against them.

Ofc this all only matters if furtive is scum, but I dont know if I want to vote them soon and find out so oh well.
I could spend 5 hrs doing this ^ for everyone so if we find one mafia we will instantly know the other (because my assumptions are definitely always right) but im tired and also i dont think doing this will be as clear cut for other people and things might change but i thought this was worth it in case the furtive wagon rolls on into elim phase.
Basically what im saying is if furtive is scum goldfish would prolly be a good vote, if goldfish is town i think furtive is too?

(also just in case i get night killed, which i feel like i wont, i dont think Goldfish would wanna kill me night 1 (and its okay for me to say this because they cant change their minds) though she could probably be persuaded idk)
So the weird thing here for me is you're hunting associatives without a flip or even confidence in pre-flip.

I think regardless of if we get a furtive flip that post was useful, this game has some interesting possiblities in which we can gain information without having to eliminate. It also helped me wrap my head around this confusing game. Idk what ELI5 means but right now I unapologetically town read furtive, its not a strong town read and if we get some actual reasons they are mafia other that 'being too defensive' (which yes can be scummy but town do it too, especially furtive) then i think their partner is goldfish.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 285, furtiveglance wrote:

Flea, Dunnstral
Malcolm, Titus
Alianna
Cat, Goldfish, furtive
I don't like this readslist. It looks calculated, and not in a good way. It actually looks like an exercise I'd do if I was scum - rank players from hardest to easiest to mislim.
You think maybe that might be because scum finds it easiest to mislim players who look scummy?

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 292, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 276, Flea The Magician wrote:

I think regardless of if we get a furtive flip that post was useful, this game has some interesting possiblities in which we can gain information without having to eliminate. It also helped me wrap my head around this confusing game. Idk what ELI5 means but right now I unapologetically town read furtive, its not a strong town read and if we get some actual reasons they are mafia other that 'being too defensive' (which yes can be scummy but town do it too, especially furtive) then i think their partner is goldfish.
If I'm not mistaken, it means Explain Like I'm 5.
I townread Alianna.

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 293, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 285, furtiveglance wrote:

Flea, Dunnstral
Malcolm, Titus
Alianna
Cat, Goldfish, furtive
You think maybe that might be because scum finds it easiest to mislim players who look scummy?
You could have made this list pre-game, looking at past games. It doesn't reflect at all on the gamestate - the only link is me being bottom and you sussing me. The other reads come out of nowhere. I don't see a natural thought process here or any explanation. I will one up you tomorrow and show you what a real readslist looks like.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Why can't you do it today?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Takes time to ISO. Where did you come from you cheeky pirate?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 5:49 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 295, furtiveglance wrote:You could have made this list pre-game, looking at past games.
That is way more effort than I'd be willing to put in here, and even if I did have that kind of time and energy, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 6:49 pm

Post by Alianna »

Alright, time to throw some reads out there so I can cringe at them in the postgame.

Flea The Magician

Flea basically led the no-lim wagon. I doubt that scum would advocate so strongly against a double elim when (a) doing so is statistically in their favour, and (b) town can’t really scumread them just for pushing a double elim.

Dunnstral

I thought some of their posts earlier in the day were based in moon logic, but I actually TR it because I’d think scum!Dunnstral would have talked over/clarified a lot of the mech stuff in scum chat.
In addition, there’s the stuff I talked about in .

MalcolmTucker

Light TR for now. I don’t have much for specific evidence but I don’t think they’ve done anything sus yet and I would not vote for them today.

GoldfishFromTheMoon

Also a light TR. strikes me as town, not so sure about the walk-back in but Goldfish said in a previous game that indecisiveness is a towntell for her.
I might have a better read after she follows through on her promise to do ISOs.

Cat.Jpeg

I don’t have a read on Cat right now. I don’t feel like they’ve done anything really AI.

Radical Rat

Their mech spec was decent, despite disagreement.
causes me to raise an eyebrow.
I’d like to hear explanations for the reads in .

furtiveglance

I have flip-flopped back and forth a hundred times on this slot.
furtive’s entrance was very jokingly scummy (scummier than mine, I am ironically ashamed of myself), but it seemed to be in a different way from the previous games I’ve played with them. It’s not something I can really explain, but I guess part of it is that the tone seemed a little more insecure (, )? I’m not sure that it means anything though.
is basically admitting to OMGUS.
I didn’t have any issues with like I remember someone else having.
, , , gets interesting. Very AtE-ish.
“Alianna do you think I’m town?” is about the most suspicious thing furtive could have said afterwards. It reads like they were desperately searching for me to TR them.
I could still see this all coming from town, but idk. I’ve got my eye on you.

Titus

It’s hard to get a very good read on Titus because she hasn’t posted much, but based on what she has posted, I’m putting her as a scumlean.
comes off manipulative.
I explained in that I found it weird that Titus was only pushing one person on the no-lim wagon. I guess two since was apparently directed at both Flea and furtive. If Titus is indeed scum, I would speculate that both her partner and the N1 target were voting to no-lim. That potentially implicates Cat.

Though I think both Titus and furtive are sus, I think it’s unlikely they’re the team.
I townread Alianna.

Return to “Completed Open Games”