Mini Normal 2272: Flash Games | Game Over!

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 12:42 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 368, Scorpious wrote:
In post 367, Meuh wrote:
In post 365, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 353, Carcalilly wrote:im very softly hoping andres will come back a lil later and provide something like they seem to be promising, so I don't mind waiting a few more days on that.
You're waiting on one player?
We have like 5 days left don’t we? Why not take full advantage of that time, if it gives us more info
Couple things I want to point out as I read this.it’s strange you would choose to offer a dash of white knighting here, May I ask why you chose to? Again, no shade just curious to why you felt this warranted a response.
Also, asking why we don’t take advantage of time in regards to this…

Idk it makes my head spin and I don’t like it. I can’t even type adequately what I’m thinking.

It’s like you answered a question but defended a person by saying the same thing as the question???

I know, I’m sorry if this makes zero sense… this post just weirds me out.
Honestly I just didn't wanna get prodded since I was gonna be busy. I had to get some game advancing content™ out, so I just replied to what was in front of me. :lol: you can look at the timestamps and see I spent a minute on it!

My quick interpretation of Monkey's comment was that he was actively looking the day to end soon. (and so Carcililly waiting for Andres to post again would go against this if that makes any sense?) and I don't think we should be doing that, hence the "full advantage of our time" comment.
looking back Monkey's point wasn't that, it was just that we
shouldn't be waiting
for people to post, which is like the opposite of what I thought they were saying.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 12:50 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 375, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 359, geraintm wrote:
In post 36, geraintm wrote:@meuh

So...I have a way if random voting in every single game I play. Scorpious wanted me to break that pattern because they didn't want to go to 4 votes so quickly, but I ain't breaking my method for them. You can call it shutting down the conversation, but my last game had scorpious in it and they know elegantly what I was going to do
and i think this is the post Scorpious is complaining about (and replace the worked elegantly with exactly) - where i said Scoripious would know how i random vote (and i thought they did because we have played together a few times) and so would know how i generated my random vote. i didnt say anything about them knowing my meta-playstyle, more i thought they knew my meta-random vote method.
How DO you generate your random vote, might I ask?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:01 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 391, Titus wrote:Agreed. I was hoping to see some movement in my hood. I am not sure if a single read is discussed.
So... there's a hood? I'm interested as to why it wasn't revealed earlier, I was under the impression it was generally better to claim it ASAP :eek:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:12 am

Post by Meuh »

Game activity isn't incredible, yeah. :cry:
Activity sucks in that it worsens itself, less content means less to post about, which means less content...
I'm not opposed to limming a less active slot just to make sure that, yknow, we're actually progressing long-term; plus none of those slots really look townie to me
We'll have to see about Moose's replacement though, that might breathe some fresh air in :D

Haven't been the most productive either tbh, I generally don't have super strong feelings about people's alignment which isn't great
I don't have too much on my plate today so I'll probably get to reading back and ISOing a bit more to get a fuller picture

I think Roden has a good point when it comes to activity, people should be placing votes.
Actually yknow what,
VOTE: Moose
Maybe this'll help with activity :lol:

@The non-voters

please vote for someone! pressure always helps with game momentum :cool:
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:13 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 401, Meuh wrote:

So...I have a way if random voting in every single game I play. Scorpious wanted me to break that pattern because they didn't want to go to 4 votes so quickly, but I ain't breaking my method for them. You can call it shutting down the conversation, but my last game had scorpious in it and they know elegantly what I was going to do
and i think this is the post Scorpious is complaining about (and replace the worked elegantly with exactly) - where i said Scoripious would know how i random vote (and i thought they did because we have played together a few times) and so would know how i generated my random vote. i didnt say anything about them knowing my meta-playstyle, more i thought they knew my meta-random vote method.
Thank you for laying attnetion
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 401, Meuh wrote:

ah
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:16 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 401, Meuh wrote:

In post 395, Gamma Emerald wrote:If someone is being sparse in the hood I’d bet on them being scum.
I was jnvited into one in my last game and I posted rarely. I didn't see thr point unless I could be sure of their alignment. I would read someone being circumspect as a cautious townie to be honest
Uncle Vanya
Uncle Vanya
He
Townie
Uncle Vanya
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:20 am

Post by Uncle Vanya »

In post 403, Meuh wrote:Actually yknow what,
Maybe this'll help with activity
Moose is being replaced. There's no point voting there right now
Show
And when our last hour comes
we'll go quietly.
And in the great beyond, we'll say to Him
that we suffered,
that we cried,
that life was hard…
Uncle Vanya
Uncle Vanya
He
Townie
Uncle Vanya
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:20 am

Post by Uncle Vanya »

In post 402, Meuh wrote:So... there's a hood? I'm interested as to why it wasn't revealed earlier, I was under the impression it was generally better to claim it ASAP
I had the complete opposite impression. Isn't it supposed to be hidden?
Show
And when our last hour comes
we'll go quietly.
And in the great beyond, we'll say to Him
that we suffered,
that we cried,
that life was hard…
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:21 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 407, Uncle Vanya wrote:
In post 403, Meuh wrote:Actually yknow what,
Maybe this'll help with activity
Moose is being replaced. There's no point voting there right now
I thought that for a moment but tbh it puts more pressure on the replacement, which feels bad to do but hey why not? :lol:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:26 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 408, Uncle Vanya wrote:
In post 402, Meuh wrote:So... there's a hood? I'm interested as to why it wasn't revealed earlier, I was under the impression it was generally better to claim it ASAP
Like I've said before, transparency is key!
The only game with hoods I've played on this site had both hoods immediately reveal and I think that worked out fine.
Also most hoods have a mafia member in them, right? So there's a good chance the mafia team would know about it anyways
Keeping people in the dark about a hood generally doesn't seem fantastic to me.
and how does "what it's supposed to be" matter when it comes to using hoods? We should be employing them in whichever way helps us find scum the easiest, and insta-revealing seems to be the best way to do that

Maybe there's reason not to but I don't see it
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 406, geraintm wrote:
In post 401, Meuh wrote:

In post 395, Gamma Emerald wrote:If someone is being sparse in the hood I’d bet on them being scum.
I was jnvited into one in my last game and I posted rarely. I didn't see thr point unless I could be sure of their alignment. I would read someone being circumspect as a cautious townie to be honest
Yeah I'm unsure if hood activity means much? To me it sounds more like a playstyle thing. I've seen townies very eager to chat in the hood and some outright refuse to talk in it. Same goes for scum. Are there particular activity patterns in hoods that are scum indicative?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:11 am

Post by Scorpious »

I don’t like the moose wagon right now and I’m almost assured there is at least one scum there right now.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 406, geraintm wrote:
In post 401, Meuh wrote:

Hoods are actually one of my favorite roles. It's a game within a game.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:18 am

Post by Titus »

In post 408, Uncle Vanya wrote:
Depends on the situation. Claiming post 1 generally has little benefit but having people know there's a hood can explain thread behaviors
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 412, Scorpious wrote:I don’t like the moose wagon right now and I’m almost assured there is at least one scum there right now.
VOTE: Scorpious

1) shades major wagon
2) has no vote elsewhere

A large wagon is likely to have scum. Scorpious doesn't say why he hates the wagon or who would be better. It's the opposite of helping the game move forward.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 396, Roden wrote:I'd recommend claiming who's in it before the Day ends in case we have a PT Cop, so that they don't end up targeting someone in the hood and getting a false positive result.
I disagree on this.
If a PT cop/traffic analyst got a positive, they are aware of that. However, a PT Cop/traffic analyst should always factor in the possibility of a negative result.

Claiming all PTs at start only helps scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 416, Titus wrote:
In post 396, Roden wrote:I'd recommend claiming who's in it before the Day ends in case we have a PT Cop, so that they don't end up targeting someone in the hood and getting a false positive result.
I disagree on this.
If a PT cop/traffic analyst got a positive, they are aware of that. However, a PT Cop/traffic analyst should always factor in the possibility of a negative result.

Claiming all PTs at start only helps scum.
As someone who was just a PT cop in a game with unclaimed hoods: no, you should be claiming that
I prefer they, thanks :)
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:29 am

Post by Crescent »

Ok just so i get my bearings straight here.

What's a "hood"? Are they what I know as "masons"?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:35 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Members of a neighborhood, or "hood", have the ability to talk in a seperate forum, but their alignment is not garaunteed to be town as masons are.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:37 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 400, Meuh wrote:
In post 367, Meuh wrote:
In post 353, Carcalilly wrote:im very softly hoping andres will come back a lil later and provide something like they seem to be promising, so I don't mind waiting a few more days on that.
We have like 5 days left don’t we? Why not take full advantage of that time, if it gives us more info
Couple things I want to point out as I read this.it’s strange you would choose to offer a dash of white knighting here, May I ask why you chose to? Again, no shade just curious to why you felt this warranted a response.

Idk it makes my head spin and I don’t like it. I can’t even type adequately what I’m thinking.

It’s like you answered a question but defended a person by saying the same thing as the question???

Honestly I just didn't wanna get prodded since I was gonna be busy. I had to get some game advancing content™ out, so I just replied to what was in front of me. :lol: you can look at the timestamps and see I spent a minute on it!

My quick interpretation of Monkey's comment was that he was actively looking the day to end soon. (and so Carcililly waiting for Andres to post again would go against this if that makes any sense?) and I don't think we should be doing that, hence the "full advantage of our time" comment.
shouldn't be waiting
for people to post, which is like the opposite of what I thought they were saying.
I never said the day should end soon. Please don't misrep.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:42 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 420, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 400, Meuh wrote:
In post 367, Meuh wrote:

shouldn't be waiting
I never said the day should end soon. Please don't misrep.
Reread the post.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Crescent »

Why vote for someone who's already being replaced?

I just noticed something though.

Andres has gone from a leading wagon to having 0 votes, all in a timespan *he has done absolutely nothing* and remains at just 8 posts, with his only content being a shady MM vote. People thought Vanya might be trying to lurk out pressure earlier, but I've heard a lot less chatter on Andres.

The player nobody knows who's already being replaced has consistently been getting pushed back up, this time despite the replacement message. I'm with Scorpious - I want nothing to do with this train right now.

We need some course correction.

...It may have just occurred to me that I never looked up how to format a vote here, give me a moment.

Sidebar: I've had a little nagging distrust of Cara for a while. Now she's recently downplayed Andres' inactivity, put a vote on a train I don't like, and put a vote on someone who called out the train as bad.

Anyway when I figure out how to vote I'm voting Andres. There's still plenty of time left in the day that we shouldn't be giving him a pass.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:49 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 419, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Members of a neighborhood, or "hood", have the ability to talk in a seperate forum, but their alignment is not garaunteed to be town as masons are.
Oh we've bas neighbors.

50/50 chance there's scum in one usually, but they're uncommon.

Oh the quick reply menu didn't have the bold button. But now I see the ASCII tags so I'm good.

##Vote: Andres

You don't get to hide. You will contribute or you will die. Same thing I implied for Vanya earlier~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:53 am

Post by Crescent »

...Does the vote count if it's in white?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”