Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:21 am

Post by goodmorning »

So what you're saying is the forgetting they exist is what made you scumread them in the first place?
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:25 am

Post by catboi »

In post 295, goodmorning wrote:As much as I don't really want to talk case today, I'll do a very basic outline, because I'm done quotewalling for the moment.

1. Tone. I've already discussed this to death; I don't like the fake friendliness, I don't believe it, and I don't know why we're still getting it.

2. Vote progression. I've mentioned this too, RE: RVS. After that we get a vote and unvote on Cat, both for reasons that seem fairly lackluster (especially the unvote, which to me reads more "I got bored of my vote being here" than "this readslist comes from town because you seem to ~believe~ what you say", particularly considering that in his own playstyle believability is apparently not highly considered). After that, just the vote and unvote on me, which were relatively expected.

3. The argument about That Post. I m already getting tired of writing this so I'll just suggest looking at where he picked it up (after syugar dropped it) (not incredibly AI but mildly. I don't love when people have a tendency to grab other people's abandoned arguments rather than coming up with their own, but mainly only when it becomes a pattern) and where he dropped the argument on each point. Which points were emphasized? Which points were kept until the ultimate drop? Do they make sense to you, the individual reading this, or would you have chosen to emphasize something else (i.e., not theory)? Do you feel like this is AI? (Please do not answer these questions, they are rhetorical.)

4. An extension of the above. Just to say that it's not only in the That Post discussion; I'm often confused by the things he picks out for further discussion/questioning, a fair quantity of which seem to be more theory related than one might want to see.

5. I do actually like his attempts to draw something out of Tidus, even if I'm not sure about the townread coming out of nothing in particular. They seem more actually curious and interested in the game than a lot of the previous stuff. Not great argumentation to end on a hedge, but eh, it's true.

The end (for now)!
I'm going to respond to this in maybe the most annoying fashion possible: why does any of this make me mafia, and not just someone whose playstyle you don't understand?
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

@Catboi
I agree with point 1. I think maf has more to gain by being friendly than town in newbie games because many newbies are more likely to trust you over an agressive townie.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

In post 300, goodmorning wrote:So what you're saying is the forgetting they exist is what made you scumread them in the first place?
Jumble yes. Aspho no.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:42 am

Post by catboi »

In post 302, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Catboi
I agree with point 1. I think maf has more to gain by being friendly than town in newbie games because many newbies are more likely to trust you over an agressive townie.
I dunno, if you both don't like it it just makes me want to be nicer~
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:58 am

Post by syugar »

In post 293, goodmorning wrote:What makes you think there's a case on this earth strong enough to convince 4 other people to vote catboi with me today? Bella TRs him too hard, he won't vote himself, T02 is annoyed with me, and Ash's slot needs replacement, so I would have to convince all of you (maybe doable, since you SR him), Goldfish (no idea), Tidus (no idea), and syugar (prefers own opinions). I don't see that happening.

That's what I meant in my last post when I said the timing wasn't right. Making a push that fizzles often worsens the odds of ever getting your wagon through. People will remember that it didn't work, and then you start to get the "are you still going with that" and the "will you talk about something else already".
This was addressed to whom?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:25 am

Post by syugar »

@goodmorning I don't know how I feel about lynching catboi right now, or yourself. I have mixed feelings on both and I'm not sure how to parse them right now. Flips won't help either.

Aspho slot seems likely for a hit, Goldfish I still need to see a scum game for (which nobody has shown/linked me, unfortunately) but without meta I assume that slot is also a likely hit. I would lynch these slots over the ICs today. I am aware they don't give us a lot of information, but at the least I feel like an Aspho scum flip would exonerate T02 (E-2 your partner during a stagnant day is like "queens moving backwards" in chess, for someone w/ a polarized scum game I don't expect this to be intuitive.)

T02 is also trending up for me in terms of towniness as the game percolates and he's finding his groove.

As I said I think Aspho was simply polarized so it's gonna be hard for me to lynch anyone else.

Anyways, don't want to lynch an IC today, maybe tomorrow after they post more? Voting the most active slots won't help us much with info either - keep in mind most people lack hardline stances and the game itself is fairly null, so this will just deprive us of a highposter d2

Don't know how to read cat jpeg, but wouldn't townread him.

Bella I sorted as town a while ago from the lackadaisical and plain question-hunt approach (tough to explain?), will revisit it only if sorely needed later in the game.

Those are all of my thoughts. Keep in mind, I haven't mentioned this yet, my d1 accuracy is historically quite low so I'm not going to campaign super hard for my own lynches. So long as I'm not hard townreading the lynch candidate I'm down with whatever we agree on - not as much of a hardass as my personality lets on. It's just how I post and how things come out... after playing for a while, I became quite assertive and confident, tend to magnetize the table like that.

Does that help anyone? Feel like I'm missing a sulcus.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:27 am

Post by syugar »

No feels on Tidus yet. Have read the posts, nothing coming to me

@Tidus of the X: Off topic, but what gameFAQs boards do you use? Back when I was on GameFAQs I used Random Insanity quite a lot. Good times. Gotta be like 13 years ago though.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 am

Post by syugar »

In post 294, goodmorning wrote:Tl;dr: I only push a wagon hard if 1. I think it will go through or 2. I have a ride or die scumread that I'm 100% on.

This game is not those atm.
More or less the same.

You had Asphodelus low on your scumlist. I noticed you had played with her previously. Do you feel this polarization to the same extent I do? Why haven't you jumped on it? Was the beginning of this game drastically different in terms of pace and amount of content from the game that you two had previously played?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:41 am

Post by syugar »

Really not accustomed to these types of deadlines anymore xD one week is crazy
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:34 am

Post by catboi »

In post 307, syugar wrote:No feels on Tidus yet. Have read the posts, nothing coming to me

@Tidus of the X: Off topic, but what gameFAQs boards do you use? Back when I was on GameFAQs I used Random Insanity quite a lot. Good times. Gotta be like 13 years ago though.
I posted on LUE >_>

kind of funny how infamous it was 20 years ago and how
quaint
it seems now.

(I also played a mafia game back on CE back when I first started out. I drew mafia, had no idea what to say, made it to f7 somehow but then the whole team got outed)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by catboi »

also watch it with the L word, please
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 307, syugar wrote:No feels on Tidus yet. Have read the posts, nothing coming to me

I post on many boards, but I usually just play forum games on GameFAQs. The only one I really use for discussion is a relatively new board called Seven Social Club. I play Mafia on board 8 AKA GameFAQs contests. Btw my first and third game was mafia where I survived the first(one of my teammates somehow got no votes) but I died on day 1 third game
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Malakittens »

The Worst replaces Asphodelus.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by the worst »

sorry!!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 1.10

the worst: (2) Takemikazuchi02, syugar
Takemikazuchi02: (1) the worst
Catboi: (1) goodmorning

Not Voting (3): GoldfishFromTheMoon, Tidus of the X, cat.jpeg, Bellaphant, catboi

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-07 10:20:00)

Replacing: GoldFishFromTheMoon.
Last edited by Malakittens on Fri May 06, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: catboi

on pg. 2 and I townread Takemi
no read on catboi yet but he is an existing wagon who is not me :P
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 310, catboi wrote:

I posted on LUE >_>

quaint
it seems now.

(I also played a mafia game back on CE back when I first started out. I drew mafia, had no idea what to say, made it to f7 somehow but then the whole team got outed)
reg? You typing so weird
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 311, catboi wrote:also watch it with the L word, please
Yeah my bad
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 312, Tidus of the X wrote:

I post on many boards, but I usually just play forum games on GameFAQs. The only one I really use for discussion is a relatively new board called Seven Social Club. I play Mafia on board 8 AKA GameFAQs contests. Btw my first and third game was mafia where I survived the first(one of my teammates somehow got no votes) but I died on day 1 third game
fo sho

I'm not surprised it's still active (maybe a bit) but wow
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 90, catboi wrote:syugar seems like obvious town though, so that's a start. Bringing the jolt this game needed.
nvm I dig this

VOTE: cat.jpeg

--
In post 114, Bellaphant wrote:Huh, it was ash, and their weird vote made me rethink but in hindsight I don't think it's that scummy. Maybe I should've explained more, but I find it interesting to see if other people can interpret others' responses/if they'd seen something 'scummy'.

I'm not tr-ing GM yet, which is weird, as they were lock town by page two last time.

@catboi, that post was plucked out of a hat: they all feel a bit like that. But thank you for considering it anyway, i have really liked your last few posts. I'm starting to agree that the game needs some impetus anyway.

@cst, do you have any town reads? Everyone is a weird pile of null for me but I think it's because people are being a bit cautious.
I like this from Bella and I liked her entire dialogue w catboi and I don't think it's reading like she's trying to get catboi on side. It reads like she's earnestly trying to see inside his brain.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 320, the worst wrote:
In post 90, catboi wrote:syugar seems like obvious town though, so that's a start. Bringing the jolt this game needed.
nvm I dig this

VOTE: cat.jpeg
Really? That was so amazing?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 116, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I think I need to read some ISO's but right now tentative TRs on Goldfish, Goodmorning, and Notajumble (though i would like them to post some more)
pretty keen to hear more on why you townread any of these 3? I can see one of them kinda
In post 120, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 116, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I think I need to read some ISO's but right now tentative TRs on Goldfish, Goodmorning, and Notajumble (though i would like them to post some more)
to elaborate, Goldfish seems town to me due to how little she has posted, as town and mafia she usually posts a lot so its odd in general she isnt posting as much but I do feel its a town thing because as mafia she would probably be trying control the game a bit more and subtly buddying people.

goodmorning combatively pointing out how being combative isnt a town tell seems townie though might just be a play. Also something about their wallposting feels towny

With NotAJumble honestly i just have a vague town vibe so far.

So I know this isnt very solid but oh well.
what are you seeing in goodmorning which makes you think their motivation is to find town and not to undermine people accurately townreading each other? There's a dissonance between "I'd expect goldfish to be trying to steer this game" and "goodmorning is town for the way they're steering this game" - I'm not sure I see why you think the way goodmorning is tackling this game is towny?

I also kinda like goodmorning btw I'm just left a bit confused by your townread there

NAJON + goldfish reads are fine
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 143, catboi wrote:I think cat.jpeg is pretty townie. I very slightly have a good gut feeling about Bella. We're making progress.
ah sigh. I like the fish but I think cat.jpeg has been looking for allies rather than looking for alignments.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 317, syugar wrote:
In post 310, catboi wrote:

I posted on LUE >_>

quaint
it seems now.

reg? You typing so weird
jfc who the hell are you

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”