the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by the worst »

sorry this question is a huge pain in the butt and if someone asked me to do it i'd probably be like "... no ..,"
but is there something about the way goodmorning took initiative here which struck you as towny? could you show me when that thought started occurring for you by quoting some of goodmorning's posts at that time?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 348, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I don't have the same opinions anymore but I still think goldfish's slot is town. I townread GM for steering the game but also townread goldfish for
not
steering the game because i know goldfish. I dont think steering the game is scummy in general unless it seems forced which GM didnt.
Steering
the game where and how? Did you see #294:
In post 294, goodmorning wrote:Tl;dr: I only push a wagon hard if 1. I think it will go through or 2. I have a ride or die scumread that I'm 100% on.

This game is not those atm.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 97, goodmorning wrote:
In post 83, syugar wrote:
In post 81, goodmorning wrote:The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS??? And those were the only 4 things deemed relevant for discussion??????

@syugar: RE: :
1. You literally quoted, in the same post, catboi admitting that I was at least correct that the helpfulness/friendliness was at least partially manufactured, so clearly my read did have some actual substance to it.
2. Speaking of actual substance, how much of that do you actually expect to see in literally post 21?
3. Are you saying that your feelings are, in fact, facts? Because I can definitely tell you that's not how that works.
4. Consider this me defending your pushback, which is clearly based on
lies and slander.
There's nothing substantive about pointing out random posts as being manufactured. I wouldn't even consider it something that helps people get out of RVS, because you inevitably fall back on "it's the VIBES" so discussions cannot go anywhere. I don't really like the approach.

Which parts were lies and slander? You're admitting that your read is thin in this very post in point #2 which confirms everything that I said.
Literally point 1 demonstrates that my read has been admitted to contain at least one accurate component but go ahead and keep not reading I guess! It's a lie to say there was nothing to it and it's also a lie to say discussion about it can't go anywhere because I feel like this one sure is! If you have a better page 1 approach than just saying "here is a thing I found mildly scummy" then I would sure love to hear what it is!

What makes you think I was making a deliberate move to exit RVS rather than, I don't know, maybe trying to establish some reads for myself?
In post 85, syugar wrote:
In post 81, goodmorning wrote:The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS?
The progression to voting me doesn't make sense. There's nothing being said, so you vote the person who has not and shows no signs of coming to the thread? Why?
Why did it take you this long to come up with an explanation for your naked OMGUS vote?
In post 90, catboi wrote:syugar seems like obvious town though, so that's a start. Bringing the jolt this game needed.
Strongly disagree. Some people are just combative, and frankly this looks to me like combativeness just for the sake of it rather than any attempt to actually solve the game. syugar appears to be trying to take on the "I'm right and everyone should follow me, do not question me at any time, I am the town leader" role, which I strongly distrust,
especially
in the context of a Newbie game, where people don't necessarily have any experience of this kind of playstyle. It's also just obnoxious tbh, there's only one player I've ever enjoyed seeing do anything like this and he doesn't play here anymore.
Hard to put myself back into what I was thinking at the time. I didnt have a lot to base stuff off but the wallposting after at the start catboi said wallposting gets scumread I thought was townie because why would scum want to do that. Pointing out that being combative isnt towny and some people just play like that i though was townie because combativeness being townread would benefit GM this game so why would they do that as scum. These arent great reasons though and if I was scum I would probably be aware that doing that, although risky, might get me townread so thats why later i didnt townread them. Just seemed like scum would be more cautious but I probably need to read a GM scum game to see what they are usually like.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 351, syugar wrote:
In post 348, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I don't have the same opinions anymore but I still think goldfish's slot is town. I townread GM for steering the game but also townread goldfish for
not
steering the game because i know goldfish. I dont think steering the game is scummy in general unless it seems forced which GM didnt.
Steering
the game where and how? Did you see #294:
In post 294, goodmorning wrote:Tl;dr: I only push a wagon hard if 1. I think it will go through or 2. I have a ride or die scumread that I'm 100% on.

This game is not those atm.
Felt GMs excuse a bit of cop-out but they did give a summary of their catboi case so i will leave it. They seem to have become less combative. I used the term steering because the worst did but i think they were leading the early game, not trying to push for votes but definitely being very vocal about their opinions.
Appreciate the cat pfp even though its kinda confusing!
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

actually maybe they arent less combative
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by the worst »

i wonder if i'm better tackling this a different way - who do you think we should be eliminating in the next 48 hours?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 1.11

the worst: (2) Takemikazuchi02, syugar
Catboi: (1) goodmorning
cat.jpeg: (1) the worst

Not Voting (5): GoldfishFromTheMoon, Tidus of the X, cat.jpeg, Bellaphant, catboi

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-07 10:20:00)

Replacing: GoldFishFromTheMoon.
Deadline is paused until the replacements are found!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by syugar »

I don't think I wanna elim the cat...
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by syugar »

Subject to change with game reading I'm going to do later. Posts look good though

Still leaning towards voting theworst atm

Wasn't hot on Aspho in the first place, post 320 feels performative and strange, caveats about catboi only being jpeg's partner in the readslist feel inorganic, don't understand the reasoning why he thinks NAJON/Tidus is "just scum", don't understand how all of the SEs (and myself) mark the top of his readslist while all of the new players have more or less not been sorted or lean scummy which is usually the exact opposite of how you towncircle these games - you go for ranges you feel are smaller first

No regard from the goldfish meta from other players though I did agree with the gut placing of Goldfish low

confbiased? hell ya
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by syugar »

T02 is probably threadspewed town in any case, these slots that are "likely to contain scum" have voted him or singled him out for being self-involved, nobody else has been laser-targeted as such for a lack of content
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by syugar »

^ May be literally untrue but hopefully people are seeing what I see
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

Between all the replacements, avatar changes and cat avatars, its getting really hard to keep track of everything.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 7:13 pm

My top elim choices atm are Tidus because he hasn't contributed anything and doesn't seem like he wants to and either goodmorning or catboi because if either of them flips red it would clear the other.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 359, syugar wrote:T02 is probably threadspewed town in any case, these slots that are "likely to contain scum" have voted him or singled him out for being self-involved, nobody else has been laser-targeted as such for a lack of content
the opposite of this is why NAJON/Tidus is fairly central to my poe tbh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by the worst »

I like, get why you say that with your reads, I think we're just in very different places rn. it's not you, it's me. I don't think I'm ready to share reads with someone as great as you.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:31 pm

What does threadspewed mean?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:43 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 363, the worst wrote:
In post 359, syugar wrote:T02 is probably threadspewed town in any case, these slots that are "likely to contain scum" have voted him or singled him out for being self-involved, nobody else has been laser-targeted as such for a lack of content
the opposite of this is why NAJON/Tidus is fairly central to my poe tbh
I have a hard time understanding why this methodology for this table, picking a mislynch on such a slot with these types of inferences is way more committal than picking a townread and can just waste so much more time & resources
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 364, the worst wrote:I like, get why you say that with your reads, I think we're just in very different places rn. it's not you, it's me. I don't think I'm ready to share reads with someone as great as you.
Don't say this...
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 362, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:My top elim choices atm are Tidus because he hasn't contributed anything and doesn't seem like he wants to and either goodmorning or catboi because if either of them flips red it would clear the other.
Do you believe either of them to be red in the first place? What if they're green?

If we eliminate Tidus and he is green, then what?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:46 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 365, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:What does threadspewed mean?
Activity in the thread can clue people into your alignment, although we lack the flips. If normal spew is someone's flip clearing other players, threadspew is where we use the overall flow of the game instead of a flip in order to narrow our elim pool.

Obviously, this can go pretty wrong because you're assuming a lot, but...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:12 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm not satisfied that I have this worked out but I'll be voting with my heart I guess.

VOTE: Tidus

I definitely think my feeling is fine given the room tbh. I find it hard to believe that two scum would both elect to not make an easy push against NAJON/Tidus, and I think their slot is independently scummy, so - here we are.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:09 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 355, the worst wrote:i wonder if i'm better tackling this a different way - who do you think we should be eliminating in the next 48 hours?
I dont have many strong opinions on this. I'd be fine voting bella, the worst, and catboi or gm (though I think we could leave those 2 for later). I'm
okay
with voting for tidus but if they flip town its not gonna be very helpful and im pretty much null on the slot (and would feel bad because its his first game.)
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:03 pm

@Syugar
I'd say there is a decent chance either gm or catboi is maf. I'm having a hard time reading scum because of all the replacements so I defaulted to activity levels.
I'm still considering who I want eliminated. I need to reread the thread and look for pattern with the replacements and the players they replaced.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:15 pm

I think gm, catboi and bella have valid reasons for singling me out among the low activity people. My first game was with gm and bella and I was very active and agressive almost from start to finish all while being a doctor. In my second game, catboi moderated and I was just as active and agressive. When you compare those two games to the first half of this one, if I was in their place I would find it strange too.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:43 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: catjpeg

I have tried really hard to see your posts coming from town and I just can't. Why would want to eliminate slots generating content? Like...I think catboi said how anti town that was. I don't think we gets tons of 'help' elim-ing just one of catboi and GM, just based on them cross scum reading each other, it feels a bit like lining up Lims to buy into that way or thinking. (Also can we be aware of the outdated term)

You aren't trying to sort me either. Just...nah.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”