Mini Normal 2272: Flash Games | Game Over!

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:17 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 681, geraintm wrote:
In post 674, FugitiveMoose wrote:Dwlee has been on my radar for a while.
The thing that sticks out to me the most is the early voting on someone after they have been mention in a unfavorable way. I'm feeling that it is a more of a scum move than a town move. Ex. casting a vote around and seeing if it gets traction on someone. Trying not to be too late on the wagon as well.
You're allowed to vote without a reason, when there is a lot of discussion going on about the person your voting and you agree. but continuing to cast a vote without giving a reason is suspicious.
Dwlee, also left the vote on Itailiano after the replacement for a little too long.
I also believe that the vote on MM was only after pressure and a wagon build up on dwlee.

For that reason

VOTE: VOTE: Dwlee
im realy noting this, further attemps to not have a MonkeyMan wagon go through and instead Dwlee
Also.

Worst vote here was Gamma who called them scum with MM during MM's buildup and voted Lee instead. Moose's isn't good in a re-read though. It's too apologetic.

The quality of votes on DWlee in general is pretty bad right now outside of Meuh. It's also a vote I don't particularly want anymore as the day has gone on.

My top two scumreads by far are MM and Scorpious. I've been doing mental gymnastics on it because I feel them both being scum would be weird. I can't remember the last time two players hit 90%+ scum equity for me on day 1 of a game.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:19 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Something I’ve noticed is dwlee is forming thoughts and posts and acts like they know they are town, while MonkeyMan is forming thoughts and posts and acts like he is upset that we don’t see him as town. It’s a going difference imo.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:20 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Also lol, MonkeyMan is not dealing with me, anyone else wanna try to get him to engage in the game?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:22 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and for the record, Gamma is next. I'd put him around 70%
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:27 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 701, ItalianoVD wrote:Something I’ve noticed is dwlee is forming thoughts and posts and acts like they know they are town, while MonkeyMan is forming thoughts and posts and acts like he is upset that we don’t see him as town. It’s a going difference imo.
In post 702, ItalianoVD wrote:Also lol, MonkeyMan is not dealing with me, anyone else wanna try to get him to engage in the game?
All he said was "I'll post what I feel like when I feel like it".

He won't engage with anyone, it's not just you.

Lee looks like someone who "woke up" when pressured. Self-preservation is *not* scummy. Some players naturally are that way. I used to gear shift when pressured, personally. There's someone I'm used to playing with who I routinely nag at early to get him to talk.

Lee has had a train of thought where you can follow it and see the town motives.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:35 am

Post by geraintm »

i feel like i am in trouble if there are people agreeing with my Day 1 thoughts.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:37 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

I’m just saying if I’m wrong I’d assume a real townie would be trying to prove their innocence.

It’s more like saying “you’re wrong” and then when asked “ok why am I wrong?” the response is “I don’t wanna talk about it.”

And also I’m not confbiasing, so that’s wrong. I had Carca, Gamma, and Scorpious as my leanscums when I first replaced in. After actually reading the game my leanscums changed to MonkeyMan, dwlee, and Scorpious.

Recently dw has posted in a townie way, believe it or not Scorpious has had some townie content, although not enough imo to outweigh the scumminess, and MonkeyMan has had a few townie posts, but like Scopious not enough to outweigh the scumminess and like I said, scum can posts townie content from time to time.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:41 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 701, ItalianoVD wrote:It’s a going difference imo.
It was supposed to say *glaring* :facepalm:
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:43 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 699, Crescent wrote:
In post 698, Scorpious wrote:
In post 695, Crescent wrote:
In post 692, Dwlee99 wrote:I was under the impression you suspected me last page
Yet he didn't vote you and instead voted a guy he "had no read on".

And now he's calling the person who called him out on how scummy that behavior was

"Hmmm".
Who’s being defensive now?
Amused that you'd call this defensive when I'm fileting you~

It fits right in line with your pattern of recent scummy behavior. The fact that your vote is still on MM, who you've said you have no read on, is not town behavior at all. It was so bad it made me question everything on a train I was leading.

Town you should've been on DWlee last night, and it should be on me now. It feels like you're putting up a facade to distance yourself from the vote you actually did make.

To sum it up

"I don't think this guy is scum but I'll vote him anyway"

"You know you could've just voted the top person on your supposed scumlist and put them only 1 vote behind, right?"

"Oh well you're scum for pointing this out".

This is not organic thought process coming out of Scorpious.
I love when people get all chest puffy. Especially when they are wrong.

I also love this push. You’re doing the thing where you fit me into your narrative.
Not the other way around as it should be..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:44 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 704, Crescent wrote:
In post 701, ItalianoVD wrote:Something I’ve noticed is dwlee is forming thoughts and posts and acts like they know they are town, while MonkeyMan is forming thoughts and posts and acts like he is upset that we don’t see him as town. It’s a going difference imo.
In post 702, ItalianoVD wrote:Also lol, MonkeyMan is not dealing with me, anyone else wanna try to get him to engage in the game?

Lee looks like someone who "woke up" when pressured. Self-preservation is *not* scummy. Some players naturally are that way. I used to gear shift when pressured, personally. There's someone I'm used to playing with who I routinely nag at early to get him to talk.

Lee has had a train of thought where you can follow it and see the town motives.
This reads as very manufactured on first read..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:47 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 700, Crescent wrote:
The thing that sticks out to me the most is the early voting on someone after they have been mention in a unfavorable way. I'm feeling that it is a more of a scum move than a town move. Ex. casting a vote around and seeing if it gets traction on someone. Trying not to be too late on the wagon as well.
You're allowed to vote without a reason, when there is a lot of discussion going on about the person your voting and you agree. but continuing to cast a vote without giving a reason is suspicious.
Dwlee, also left the vote on Itailiano after the replacement for a little too long.
I also believe that the vote on MM was only after pressure and a wagon build up on dwlee.

For that reason

im realy noting this, further attemps to not have a MonkeyMan wagon go through and instead Dwlee
Also.

Worst vote here was Gamma who called them scum with MM during MM's buildup and voted Lee instead. Moose's isn't good in a re-read though. It's too apologetic.

The quality of votes on DWlee in general is pretty bad right now outside of Meuh. It's also a vote I don't particularly want anymore as the day has gone on.

My top two scumreads by far are MM and Scorpious. I've been doing mental gymnastics on it because I feel them both being scum would be weird. I can't remember the last time two players hit 90%+ scum equity for me on day 1 of a game.
We’re you wrong in that game too?

I like your play, you just seem to get a little ego going when you think you’ve figured things out

Why haven’t you voted me if I’m tipping your scum scale in unprecedented ways?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:54 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 650, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 647, MonkeyMan576 wrote:That's a poor idea.
Now that you’re here, what’s on your mind. Other than Vanya, who else do you think is scum?
In post 705, geraintm wrote:i feel like i am in trouble if there are people agreeing with my Day 1 thoughts.
I've finally picked up on what I think will be key in reading you.

You like to appear dumb. You want people to think you're not as smart as you actually are.

But it slips when you make posts like you have recently that have been on point.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:55 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 704, Crescent wrote:

Well then I guess that’s it then huh? I’ve iso’d him multiple times and actually can see some towniness, like I said in my previous post, but these recent reactions, especially , are muddying everything I try to see. I’m really trying to understand if a townie would act this way and I just can’t see it.

And 100% this on dw. I would move them up into my yellow/green tier. I especially like . It doesn’t feel like an agenda and as I mentioned it really feels like they are posting from a townie mindset, like “I know I’m town and this is what’s on my mind.”
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:59 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 710, Scorpious wrote:I like your play, you just seem to get a little ego going when you think you’ve figured things out
Doesn’t everybody? :giggle:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 2:59 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 711, Crescent wrote:
In post 650, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 647, MonkeyMan576 wrote:That's a poor idea.
Now that you’re here, what’s on your mind. Other than Vanya, who else do you think is scum?
In post 705, geraintm wrote:i feel like i am in trouble if there are people agreeing with my Day 1 thoughts.
I've finally picked up on what I think will be key in reading you.

You like to appear dumb. You want people to think you're not as smart as you actually are.

But it slips when you make posts like you have recently that have been on point.
:lol: :lol: Spot on.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:01 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 710, Scorpious wrote:
In post 700, Crescent wrote:

For that reason

Also.

We’re you wrong in that game too?

I like your play, you just seem to get a little ego going when you think you’ve figured things out

Why haven’t you voted me if I’m tipping your scum scale in unprecedented ways?
Because MM is still higher than you and your actions last night are the only reason I got off of him to think. Early hammers are a bit of a problem that I'm used to where I come from.

Your vote on him and subsequent post are both horrid. I don't see town-motivated thought process in them.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:02 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 713, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 710, Scorpious wrote:I like your play, you just seem to get a little ego going when you think you’ve figured things out
This was meant for crescent but you’re a paisan.. you’re ok in my book :)

Pedit- then why did you unvote MM? Why not leave the vote there while “sorting” me?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Scorpious »

Please don’t tell me I’m supposed to believe you are worried about an “early hammer” on a pretty valid wagon when they are at 5 votes.

Who here are you expecting to rush in with 2 votes to early hammer?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:05 am

Post by Scorpious »

I think I may have misread the Pedit. Sorry but I think we’re on the same page now

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:10 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 713, ItalianoVD wrote:
Of course, and frankly I'm used to being gender bashed by misogynists every time I assert myself in a game. Scorpious' reaction to my aggression is barely a blip on my radar.

When you have a stronger scumread you go on it hard because that conviction is ultimately what draws people in and gets that player to respond. People don't just need to see an argument for calling someone scum, they need to be shown the person giving the argument believes in it. Passively calling scum rarely achieves anything, even if the argument is good.

This is one of the greatest pitfalls for scum in all of mafia. Some really struggle at being able to fake conviction.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:22 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 717, Scorpious wrote:Please don’t tell me I’m supposed to believe you are worried about an “early hammer” on a pretty valid wagon when they are at 5 votes.

My last scum game I benefitted hugely on day 2 by an early hammer. I was caught in the middle of a rather sticky day and manipulated my shift so I'd be home several hours before the day ended. I may have ended up needing to claim because my planned fakeclaim would've directly helped out one of the people involved, and it was someone I had already voiced some opposition to voting. Basically, I would've been forced to take a stance on a couple of players I wasn't voicing scumreads on aka I would've had to manufacture something on someone I knew wasn't scum and had never shaded.

I got home from work, checked the situation, then took a nap to charge up for the end day. During this nap, a player suddenly went from 3 votes to 6 (hammer), with a few hours left in the day. I was essentially bailed out of having to commit to any sort of hard read or decision in the situation, and ultimately town really hurt itself by doing it. I received 0 votes and almost no pressure that entire game, and I think a lot of it is because town had a great chance to indirectly pressure me on day 2 and blew it.

Where the votes "may" come from is irrelevant. I have no reason to trust a community that's new to me not to have someone accidentally or "accidentally" hammer.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I feel decently about scorpious being town at least for now fwiw
I prefer they, thanks :)
Uncle Vanya
Uncle Vanya
He
Townie
Uncle Vanya
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:34 am

Post by Uncle Vanya »

Sorry, should have called V/LA this weekend. Mother's Day.

UNVOTE: ItalianoVD

Gonna read up a lot more today. Posting from work so I'll be a bit slow. Also ayy hello IVD.
MM has been getting super defensive this game whenever he's pushed. I think MM just doesn't react well under pressure. He seems to blame the game rather than try and hunt for reads.
Show
And when our last hour comes
we'll go quietly.
And in the great beyond, we'll say to Him
that we suffered,
that we cried,
that life was hard…
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:36 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 720, Crescent wrote:
In post 717, Scorpious wrote:Please don’t tell me I’m supposed to believe you are worried about an “early hammer” on a pretty valid wagon when they are at 5 votes.

My last scum game I benefitted hugely on day 2 by an early hammer. I was caught in the middle of a rather sticky day and manipulated my shift so I'd be home several hours before the day ended. I may have ended up needing to claim because my planned fakeclaim would've directly helped out one of the people involved, and it was someone I had already voiced some opposition to voting. Basically, I would've been forced to take a stance on a couple of players I wasn't voicing scumreads on aka I would've had to manufacture something on someone I knew wasn't scum and had never shaded.

I got home from work, checked the situation, then took a nap to charge up for the end day. During this nap, a player suddenly went from 3 votes to 6 (hammer), with a few hours left in the day. I was essentially bailed out of having to commit to any sort of hard read or decision in the situation, and ultimately town really hurt itself by doing it. I received 0 votes and almost no pressure that entire game, and I think a lot of it is because town had a great chance to indirectly pressure me on day 2 and blew it.

Where the votes "may" come from is irrelevant. I have no reason to trust a community that's new to me not to have someone accidentally or "accidentally" hammer.
I don’t buy this at all.

1. No two people are going to rush to hammer someone, not unless they want to be launch candidates the next day.

2.I would really love to know who you feel in this game is capable of rushing the lim in tandem.
In fact, that is now a specific question. Of those not on the MM wagon..

Who would you think would be the most likely to do that, and why?

Also, 6 votes is a lot different than 7, I’m assuming it was day 2 which means there was some concrete info to go on.

So please, if you will. The two names you think are out there that would prompt you to be worried enough to remove your vote.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 723, Scorpious wrote:
In post 720, Crescent wrote:

I don’t buy this at all.

1. No two people are going to rush to hammer someone, not unless they want to be launch candidates the next day.

2.I would really love to know who you feel in this game is capable of rushing the lim in tandem.
In fact, that is now a specific question. Of those not on the MM wagon..

Who would you think would be the most likely to do that, and why?

Also, 6 votes is a lot different than 7, I’m assuming it was day 2 which means there was some concrete info to go on.

So please, if you will. The two names you think are out there that would prompt you to be worried enough to remove your vote.
Who said anything about it being in tandem? The three votes in that game happened 40 minutes apart. Town got impatient. Also, numbers are ultimately semantics. -2 is still -2. It doesn't matter how you get there.

Also if I had to pick out two most likely: Vanya and Gamma, the latter of whom I scumread. Vanya's been on MM before and Gamma has already called MM scum.

This is a really odd hill to be fighting on, but I actually kinda like it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”