Mini Normal 2272: Flash Games | Game Over!

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:48 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 711, Crescent wrote:
In post 650, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 647, MonkeyMan576 wrote:That's a poor idea.
Now that you’re here, what’s on your mind. Other than Vanya, who else do you think is scum?
In post 705, geraintm wrote:i feel like i am in trouble if there are people agreeing with my Day 1 thoughts.
I've finally picked up on what I think will be key in reading you.

You like to appear dumb. You want people to think you're not as smart as you actually are.

But it slips when you make posts like you have recently that have been on point.
oh, i have had plenty of games where i just sucked. i never seem to get eliminated by scum, they are happy to have me aroudn for the end game because i will screw it up. my last game was a rare game where i think i played well so my confidence is a little higher in this game than normal, but i have a long history of just being bad at this game.

i also do not trust any judgements made day 1 as being better than a coin flip, including my own - i do try and get better as the game goes on though as town gets more and more info.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:50 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 725, geraintm wrote:
Now that you’re here, what’s on your mind. Other than Vanya, who else do you think is scum?
In post 705, geraintm wrote:i feel like i am in trouble if there are people agreeing with my Day 1 thoughts.

You like to appear dumb. You want people to think you're not as smart as you actually are.

But it slips when you make posts like you have recently that have been on point.
oh, i have had plenty of games where i just sucked. i never seem to get eliminated by scum, they are happy to have me aroudn for the end game because i will screw it up. my last game was a rare game where i think i played well so my confidence is a little higher in this game than normal, but i have a long history of just being bad at this game.

i also do not trust any judgements made day 1 as being better than a coin flip, including my own - i do try and get better as the game goes on though as town gets more and more info.
Far be it from me to critique anyone, but you definitely get better as the game progresses
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 724, Crescent wrote:
In post 723, Scorpious wrote:
In post 720, Crescent wrote:
In post 717, Scorpious wrote:Please don’t tell me I’m supposed to believe you are worried about an “early hammer” on a pretty valid wagon when they are at 5 votes.

Who here are you expecting to rush in with 2 votes to early hammer?
My last scum game I benefitted hugely on day 2 by an early hammer. I was caught in the middle of a rather sticky day and manipulated my shift so I'd be home several hours before the day ended. I may have ended up needing to claim because my planned fakeclaim would've directly helped out one of the people involved, and it was someone I had already voiced some opposition to voting. Basically, I would've been forced to take a stance on a couple of players I wasn't voicing scumreads on aka I would've had to manufacture something on someone I knew wasn't scum and had never shaded.

I got home from work, checked the situation, then took a nap to charge up for the end day. During this nap, a player suddenly went from 3 votes to 6 (hammer), with a few hours left in the day. I was essentially bailed out of having to commit to any sort of hard read or decision in the situation, and ultimately town really hurt itself by doing it. I received 0 votes and almost no pressure that entire game, and I think a lot of it is because town had a great chance to indirectly pressure me on day 2 and blew it.

Where the votes "may" come from is irrelevant. I have no reason to trust a community that's new to me not to have someone accidentally or "accidentally" hammer.
I don’t buy this at all.

1. No two people are going to rush to hammer someone, not unless they want to be launch candidates the next day.

2.I would really love to know who you feel in this game is capable of rushing the lim in tandem.
In fact, that is now a specific question. Of those not on the MM wagon..

Who would you think would be the most likely to do that, and why?

Also, 6 votes is a lot different than 7, I’m assuming it was day 2 which means there was some concrete info to go on.

So please, if you will. The two names you think are out there that would prompt you to be worried enough to remove your vote.
Who said anything about it being in tandem? The three votes in that game happened 40 minutes apart. Town got impatient. Also, numbers are ultimately semantics. -2 is still -2. It doesn't matter how you get there.

Also if I had to pick out two most likely: Vanya and Gamma, the latter of whom I scumread. Vanya's been on MM before and Gamma has already called MM scum.

This is a really odd hill to be fighting on, but I actually kinda like it.
In this game to go from 5 to 7 would require 2, hence the term “tandem”.

I’ll call this fair, but I still feel it’s a bit stretchy to remove a bite for your given reason. Especially when one of the two possibilities has essentially vanished from the game.. Gamma isn’t really a beacon of activity either, but I’m not pushing it.. I’m satisfied with the answer, although i still feel uncomfortable with you. You get a scum lean for now.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 722, Uncle Vanya wrote:Sorry, should have called V/LA this weekend. Mother's Day.

UNVOTE: ItalianoVD

Gonna read up a lot more today. Posting from work so I'll be a bit slow. Also ayy hello IVD.
In post 702, ItalianoVD wrote:Also lol, MonkeyMan is not dealing with me, anyone else wanna try to get him to engage in the game?
MM has been getting super defensive this game whenever he's pushed. I think MM just doesn't react well under pressure. He seems to blame the game rather than try and hunt for reads.
He comes off as feeling "bullied" by the slightest pressure.

Interestingly, his vote has been sitting on Scorpious for a long while now. He's only leading DWlee by 1 and Scorpious by 2. I don't really get why he just won't engage with anyone.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:56 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 726, Scorpious wrote:

Far be it from me to critique anyone, but you definitely get better as the game progresses
see, thats what you get from setting an incredibly low bar for Day 1, everything is up from there :)
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 727, Scorpious wrote:
In post 724, Crescent wrote:
In post 723, Scorpious wrote:
In post 720, Crescent wrote:
In post 717, Scorpious wrote:Please don’t tell me I’m supposed to believe you are worried about an “early hammer” on a pretty valid wagon when they are at 5 votes.

Who here are you expecting to rush in with 2 votes to early hammer?
My last scum game I benefitted hugely on day 2 by an early hammer. I was caught in the middle of a rather sticky day and manipulated my shift so I'd be home several hours before the day ended. I may have ended up needing to claim because my planned fakeclaim would've directly helped out one of the people involved, and it was someone I had already voiced some opposition to voting. Basically, I would've been forced to take a stance on a couple of players I wasn't voicing scumreads on aka I would've had to manufacture something on someone I knew wasn't scum and had never shaded.

I got home from work, checked the situation, then took a nap to charge up for the end day. During this nap, a player suddenly went from 3 votes to 6 (hammer), with a few hours left in the day. I was essentially bailed out of having to commit to any sort of hard read or decision in the situation, and ultimately town really hurt itself by doing it. I received 0 votes and almost no pressure that entire game, and I think a lot of it is because town had a great chance to indirectly pressure me on day 2 and blew it.

Where the votes "may" come from is irrelevant. I have no reason to trust a community that's new to me not to have someone accidentally or "accidentally" hammer.
I don’t buy this at all.

1. No two people are going to rush to hammer someone, not unless they want to be launch candidates the next day.

2.I would really love to know who you feel in this game is capable of rushing the lim in tandem.
In fact, that is now a specific question. Of those not on the MM wagon..

Who would you think would be the most likely to do that, and why?

Also, 6 votes is a lot different than 7, I’m assuming it was day 2 which means there was some concrete info to go on.

So please, if you will. The two names you think are out there that would prompt you to be worried enough to remove your vote.
Who said anything about it being in tandem? The three votes in that game happened 40 minutes apart. Town got impatient. Also, numbers are ultimately semantics. -2 is still -2. It doesn't matter how you get there.

Also if I had to pick out two most likely: Vanya and Gamma, the latter of whom I scumread. Vanya's been on MM before and Gamma has already called MM scum.

This is a really odd hill to be fighting on, but I actually kinda like it.
In this game to go from 5 to 7 would require 2, hence the term “tandem”.

I’ll call this fair, but I still feel it’s a bit stretchy to remove a bite for your given reason. Especially when one of the two possibilities has essentially vanished from the game.. Gamma isn’t really a beacon of activity either, but I’m not pushing it.. I’m satisfied with the answer, although i still feel uncomfortable with you. You get a scum lean for now.
I'm talking about a game that went from 3 votes to 6 in 40 minutes. You're talking about a game that has more players at the time (13 instead of 11), but needed only two new votes to hammer (2 instead of 3), and acting like those votes would have to occur at the exact same time (instead of over 40 minutes of time).

Like I have no idea where the hill you're even fighting on is. You've completely ignored the point.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Crescent »

I used to think that way on day 1. I think a lot of people still do. Part of what makes it hard to get things started.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:20 am

Post by Crescent »

Anyway Scorpious feels like he's stretching so he can retroactively justify calling me scum when he did and gave no reason.

But to do it in such an asinine and reaching manner... Is actually a fair bit better than his actions last night and it slightly lowers his scum equity. Like he has to know this isn't going to pressure me at all, and I don't feel like scum Scorpious in this situation should feel desperate enough to attack me over something so NAI. There really wasn't anything to gain except for potential backlash.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:25 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 732, Crescent wrote:Anyway Scorpious feels like he's stretching so he can retroactively justify calling me scum when he did and gave no reason.

But to do it in such an asinine and reaching manner... Is actually a fair bit better than his actions last night and it slightly lowers his scum equity. Like he has to know this isn't going to pressure me at all, and I don't feel like scum Scorpious in this situation should feel desperate enough to attack me over something so NAI. There really wasn't anything to gain except for potential backlash.
This is a very reachy mis rep..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:28 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 733, Scorpious wrote:
In post 732, Crescent wrote:Anyway Scorpious feels like he's stretching so he can retroactively justify calling me scum when he did and gave no reason.

This is a very reachy mis rep..
How is any part of what I asked you “reaching”? My questions made total sense and followed a very natural progression.
It’s obvious I’m dealing with a pretty sizable ego here..

You have litterally twisted out entire conversation in this little synopsis that isn’t anything more than. “I’m so good at this, yet this mere mortal has the audacity to question me”.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:31 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

After reading the last few pages, especially the interaction between Crescent and Scorpious, I wanna update my readslist.

Meuh
Crescent
Carca
Roden
Uncle Vanya

Titus
geraintm
Moose
Scorpious
dwlee

Gamma

Monkey

blue
- strong townlean, *
green
- medium townlean, *
yellow
- weak townlean, *
orange
- weak scumlean, *
red
- strong scumlean

Nothing else aside from Scorpious and dw has changed obviously. If MonkeyMan is somehow town then scum is probably between yellow and green.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:42 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

It's two days until deadline. I'm vanilla town. You could probably do a lot worse than eliminating me, but whatever.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:44 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 736, MonkeyMan576 wrote:It's two days until deadline. I'm vanilla town. You could probably do a lot worse than eliminating me, but whatever.
Fine, who is scum or at least where are you leaning.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 735, ItalianoVD wrote:After reading the last few pages, especially the interaction between Crescent and Scorpious, I wanna update my readslist.

Meuh
Crescent
Carca
Roden
Uncle Vanya

Titus
geraintm
Moose
Scorpious
dwlee

Gamma

Monkey

blue
- strong townlean, *
green
- medium townlean, *
yellow
- weak townlean, *
orange
- weak scumlean, *
red
- strong scumlean

Nothing else aside from Scorpious and dw has changed obviously. If MonkeyMan is somehow town then scum is probably between yellow and green.
Considering you only have two scumleans on this list, there would have to be scum in a different category regardless of what MM is. That statement kinda doesn't mean anything.

Anyway I've overdoing it the last couple of days and I'm not feeling particularly well right now. I'm going to try to nap.

As far as people who are high priority to hear from before the day ends, Titus is #1 on that list. As it stands she's basically just a blank space in my current reads. We need to hear more from her.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 700, Crescent wrote:
In post 681, geraintm wrote:
In post 674, FugitiveMoose wrote:Dwlee has been on my radar for a while.
The thing that sticks out to me the most is the early voting on someone after they have been mention in a unfavorable way. I'm feeling that it is a more of a scum move than a town move. Ex. casting a vote around and seeing if it gets traction on someone. Trying not to be too late on the wagon as well.
You're allowed to vote without a reason, when there is a lot of discussion going on about the person your voting and you agree. but continuing to cast a vote without giving a reason is suspicious.
Dwlee, also left the vote on Itailiano after the replacement for a little too long.
I also believe that the vote on MM was only after pressure and a wagon build up on dwlee.

For that reason

VOTE: VOTE: Dwlee
im realy noting this, further attemps to not have a MonkeyMan wagon go through and instead Dwlee
Also.

Worst vote here was Gamma who called them scum with MM during MM's buildup and voted Lee instead. Moose's isn't good in a re-read though. It's too apologetic.

The quality of votes on DWlee in general is pretty bad right now outside of Meuh. It's also a vote I don't particularly want anymore as the day has gone on.

My top two scumreads by far are MM and Scorpious. I've been doing mental gymnastics on it because I feel them both being scum would be weird. I can't remember the last time two players hit 90%+ scum equity for me on day 1 of a game.
There’s a specific reason I chose to vote dwlee
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:35 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Yeah I know, I was just kinda throwing my thoughts out.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:35 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 740, ItalianoVD wrote:Yeah I know, I was just kinda throwing my thoughts out.
In response to .
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:38 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 739, Gamma Emerald wrote:There’s a specific reason I chose to vote dwlee
Did you already state it?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:39 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Was that ?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yes
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Meuh »

MM, anything would be appreciated
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Meuh »

and happy birthday to you! :D
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 8:10 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Scum Picks:
geraintm
Moose
Scorpious
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 8:13 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 747, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Scum Picks:
geraintm
Moose
Scorpious
im intersted in knowing why you think i am scummy, just so when i next roll scum i can act the opposte to now and appear town
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 8:15 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I thought anything was helpful, that would be more than anything!

j/k I will post when I have more time later.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”