Open 851: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor? | Game Over!

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:40 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 89, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 85, The Bulge wrote:also the assertion i havent provided game related content is absurd. i have asked more game-relevant questions than probably anyone. and nobody is trying to engage with me, on or off wagon. feels like my wagon is nothing more than a device for scum to get past a slow-moving D1.
i can't tell if ur being serious about this, and if you are being serious, i want you to re-evaluate where your head is at currently, because it's not right
i dont like this response at all, its vague, feels very dismissive, almost gaslight-y lol like yeesh ok sorry for disturbing the narrative that i provided no content early on. blah
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:43 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 90, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 84, The Bulge wrote:
In post 82, Vex Vience wrote:1) if someone hammers without realizing it's e-1, then we have that discussion, and i genuinely believe town are more likely to not quickhammer like that, so it might out a scum.
2) if someone calls out me for not announcing it's e-1, it comes with the point of "what do you think of that, and do you think it's scummier than what bulge has done thus far?" and provides content for the game.
getting small pings of tmi on my slot from this.
what about this is tmi as well?
number 1 especially seems to presume that I am town. also the whole post is just kinda unnecessary and comes off looking like you're trying to prove you have townie thought processes.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:47 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 100, DeasVail wrote: A question I do have for the bulge atm though is, if you think your wagon is a device for scum, why vote Mala, who was not involved with the wagon?
i hadn't followed that train of thought very far and was townleaning my wagoners for the most part. mala was an independent read, something I maybe wanted to pursue later, but here posts since then are ok and made me lol.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:47 am

Post by The Bulge »

VOTE: vex

dubious intentions

Adding VOTE: Vex Vience because the vote counter doesn't like lowercase vex. ~Koba
Last edited by DkKoba on Wed May 11, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 149, The Bulge wrote:
In post 146, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: megazumarill

awfully not neighborly of you
pr hunting

Do you mean this?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 150, The Bulge wrote:
In post 85, The Bulge wrote:also the assertion i havent provided game related content is absurd. i have asked more game-relevant questions than probably anyone. and nobody is trying to engage with me, on or off wagon. feels like my wagon is nothing more than a device for scum to get past a slow-moving D1.
i can't tell if ur being serious about this, and if you are being serious, i want you to re-evaluate where your head is at currently, because it's not right
i dont like this response at all, its vague, feels very dismissive, almost gaslight-y lol like yeesh ok sorry for disturbing the narrative that i provided no content early on. blah
ok let's look at all the questions that have been asked since post 0 all the way up to post 89 in this thread from me and you, and we'll let everyone else decide if you've provided more game-relevant questions up to the point you asked that, or if i have.

Spoiler: me
In post 33, Vex Vience wrote:
@anyone who voted yeet - mind explaining why you rvs voted yeet

i'd rather not have the game stall out in rvs, so i'm gonna get it started with this
In post 41, Vex Vience wrote:thinking about it some more - dv/stranger - what are you seeing in bulge?
In post 63, Vex Vience wrote:std any scumreads then?
In post 74, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 72, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: Deasvail
why the switch to dv?
In post 82, Vex Vience wrote:e-1 without announcing it was accidental, but after i realized it, i went along with it because i thought it provides the following things:

1) if someone hammers without realizing it's e-1, then we have that discussion, and i genuinely believe town are more likely to
not
quickhammer like that, so it might out a scum.
2) if someone calls out me for not announcing it's e-1, it comes with the point of "what do you think of that, and do you think it's scummier than what bulge has done thus far?" and provides content for the game.

@stranger - do you think std is more likely to flip scum than bulge then? and if so, what do you think of bulge?

Spoiler: you
In post 26, The Bulge wrote:
In post 24, MegAzumarill wrote:Everything I see this game I'm like " ah yes, the one with the serial killer"

Anyone have a clue why
huh?
In post 38, The Bulge wrote:

i'd rather not have the game stall out in rvs, so i'm gonna get it started with this
cuz there was already a vote there

why are you asking for reasons behind rvs votes and not for any serious votes?
In post 50, The Bulge wrote:
any thoughts on mala so far?
In post 52, The Bulge wrote:are you an alt?
In post 66, The Bulge wrote:
In post 65, Save The Dragons wrote:i agree with others re: bulge but it's not really a strong read
agree on what
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 151, The Bulge wrote:
In post 82, Vex Vience wrote:1) if someone hammers without realizing it's e-1, then we have that discussion, and i genuinely believe town are more likely to not quickhammer like that, so it might out a scum.
number 1 especially seems to presume that I am town. also the whole post is just kinda unnecessary and comes off looking like you're trying to prove you have townie thought processes.
wow, it's almost like there are two options for what you flip in this game: town or scum.
and wow, it's almost like in those two options i provided, there's one scenario where you flip town and one where it's debatable what you flip.
do you have anything else you wanna deeply read into and not actually provide anything useful from?
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:07 am

Post by Vex Vience »

ur not really doing anything that makes me change my mind of you bulge, and honestly, i think you're just the better elim today no matter what

#CultsArentBastard
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

I also was skeptical at the time that you posted that you had asked more game-relevant questions than anyone. Describing Vex's post as gaslight-y is well... more gaslight-y than Vex's post imo
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

hmmmmmm
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:00 pm

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:24 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 155, Vex Vience wrote:
ok let's look at all the questions that have been asked since post 0 all the way up to post 89 in this thread from me and you, and we'll let everyone else decide if you've provided more game-relevant questions up to the point you asked that, or if i have.

Spoiler: me

In post 41, Vex Vience wrote:thinking about it some more - dv/stranger - what are you seeing in bulge?
In post 63, Vex Vience wrote:std any scumreads then?
In post 74, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 72, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: Deasvail
why the switch to dv?
In post 82, Vex Vience wrote:e-1 without announcing it was accidental, but after i realized it, i went along with it because i thought it provides the following things:

1) if someone hammers without realizing it's e-1, then we have that discussion, and i genuinely believe town are more likely to
not
quickhammer like that, so it might out a scum.

@stranger - do you think std is more likely to flip scum than bulge then? and if so, what do you think of bulge?

Spoiler: you
In post 26, The Bulge wrote:
In post 24, MegAzumarill wrote:Everything I see this game I'm like " ah yes, the one with the serial killer"

Anyone have a clue why
huh?
In post 38, The Bulge wrote:

cuz there was already a vote there

why are you asking for reasons behind rvs votes and not for any serious votes?
In post 50, The Bulge wrote:
any thoughts on mala so far?
In post 52, The Bulge wrote:are you an alt?
In post 66, The Bulge wrote:
In post 65, Save The Dragons wrote:i agree with others re: bulge but it's not really a strong read
agree on what
i cannot stress how little i care to engage w this, my point is the framing of your initial vote for me was bs.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:24 am

Post by The Bulge »

contrived. made up.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:25 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 156, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 151, The Bulge wrote:
wow, it's almost like there are two options for what you flip in this game: town or scum.
and wow, it's almost like in those two options i provided, there's one scenario where you flip town and one where it's debatable what you flip.
do you have anything else you wanna deeply read into and not actually provide anything useful from?
are you saying that when you made that post you specifically meant scenario 1 to be town!bulge and scenario 2 is scum!bulge?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:40 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

VOTE: Vex

I'll sheep sure
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Vex Vience »

cool, meg why are you sheeping bulge here?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Vex Vience »

for sake of my sanity too, i’m just going to ignore bulge. bulge is blatantly acting scummy and interacting *solely* with me. we need to pick someone to kill since deadline is soon, and i genuinely think it’s bulge here.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Vex Vience »

if nobody wants to go bulge, then we have about half the game that hasn’t posted in about a day, and probably a smaller portion that has done jackshit so far in this game that i’d just be happy to compromise on so that way maybe this game picks up some activity

#CultsArentBastard
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:58 am

VOTE: bulge
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Vex Vience »

@mod could we get a vc and prods

#CultsArentBastard
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

Stranger and Yeet have been prodded
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

Votecount 1.3
The Bulge
(3): DeasVail, Vex Vience, Save The Dragons
Vex Vience
(2): MegAzumarill, The Bulge
Malakittens
(1): Bellaphant
Yeet
(1): Malakittens

Not Voting
(2): Yeet, Stranger

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline ends in: (expired on 2022-05-11 06:35:45).
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Vex Vience »

ty dk <3

#CultsArentBastard
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her