Open 851: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor? | Game Over!

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 3:54 am

Post by The Bulge »

tbh i checked out from this game all yesterday and sunday, was putting me in an unpleasant mood. I'll try to give it another quick readthrough when I'm off work.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Titus »

I feel like Bulge is being attacked by scum just to create noise. I have agreed with a few things they've said and understood where I didn't agree. The responses to townreading Bulge can't all be genuinely curious.

Vex's in particular is pretty bad. I highlight that they're scummy and they threaten me with scumreading bulge or else you're scum. This is a thinly veiled omgus. Just because someone disagrees with a strongly held belief doesn't necessarily mean anything towards alignment. A player who started in 2018 would know that. It's about the depth and sincerity of the read. Vex is looking for reasons to scumread me and push the Bulge wagon through. Their last post serves that agenda quite well.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Titus »

In post 38, The Bulge wrote:
In post 33, Vex Vience wrote:
@anyone who voted yeet - mind explaining why you rvs voted yeet

i'd rather not have the game stall out in rvs, so i'm gonna get it started with this
cuz there was already a vote there

why are you asking for reasons behind rvs votes and not for any serious votes?
In post 48, The Bulge wrote:UNVOTE:

townvibes so far from yeet and vex. neutral most everywhere else

:yawn:
In post 84, The Bulge wrote:
In post 82, Vex Vience wrote:1) if someone hammers without realizing it's e-1, then we have that discussion, and i genuinely believe town are more likely to not quickhammer like that, so it might out a scum.
2) if someone calls out me for not announcing it's e-1, it comes with the point of "what do you think of that, and do you think it's scummier than what bulge has done thus far?" and provides content for the game.
getting small pings of tmi on my slot from this.
This is Bulge early on Vex

In post 41, Vex Vience wrote:thinking about it some more - dv/stranger - what are you seeing in bulge?
In post 70, Vex Vience wrote:VOTE: bulge

i agree with the reasoning given so far. i don't think bulge has done anything substantial, and i think something like this will bring the game out of barely any posting.
Vex immediately shades Bulge in response to a question. Then Vex jumps on bulge with no unique reasoning that makes sense. The closest thing to a unique reason is that bulge "hasn't done anything" but they quickly state the obvious that no one is doing anything. Bulge's biggest contribution at the time...FoSing Vex.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Titus »

I'm not sure if we have time to turn this wagon, but we most definitely should.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Stranger
Stranger
They
Townie
Stranger
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Stranger »

In post 198, The Bulge wrote:
In post 179, Stranger wrote:VOTE: The Bulge

Sorry for the absence yesterday.

I don't have a lot to add currently; Bulge at this point seems defensive and bristling at Vex and Vex alone (with a smidge of StD), it feels disproportionate to the things being asked/said. That feels... vague to say or maybe unfair because this game right now feels very... directionless and Bulge probably doesn't feel like that, but I'm unsure how else to get a direction going. Claim, I guess?

Small note is that feels a lot less... angered, irritated, than the replies to Vex. I don't know. Reconciliatory towards DV's question, on the offensive elsewhere and after.
idk what any of this means
This isn’t a condescending “really?” but more of a... really? With a squint.

In less words it’s just that you seem fixated most on Vex this game and going all in there with an aggression that doesn’t match what you’ve given to other people. And that FMPOV it didn’t seem to be an appropriate level of it, but... I realize we’re in different places in the game, so I’m unsure if it’s fair to really throw back your feelings at you as reasons you need to die but I don’t know what else to do.
”The past and the present are within my field of inquiry
!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 204, Stranger wrote:In less words it’s just that you seem fixated most on Vex this game and going all in there with an aggression that doesn’t match what you’ve given to other people. And that FMPOV it didn’t seem to be an appropriate level of it, but... I realize we’re in different places in the game, so I’m unsure if it’s fair to really throw back your feelings at you as reasons you need to die but I don’t know what else to do.
How about looking at the context and seeing Vex's response was very bad and therefore Bulge's focus makes sense. I'd prefer if he townhunted more sure but I've tunneled like that in the past.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:11 am

Post by Titus »

I'm legit out for the next four hours but will be back for deadline.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Malakittens »

Damn it.

Hi Titus
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Stranger
Stranger
They
Townie
Stranger
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Stranger »

Question, Titus: In a game this slow, do you think everyone will have unique or personally found reasoning to suspect someone?

That’s a bit loaded maybe but, your reason for jumping on the Vex vote kind of... goes back and places a burden on Vex to reinvent the wheel of Bulge scumreads when I’m not sure what else you can expect? Is the reasoning that the Bulge wagon began initially something you take issue with, because if not... you’re disliking Vex’s play for things you’re holding them accountable for but not anyone else.
!
Stranger
Stranger
They
Townie
Stranger
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Stranger »

Basically: what contribution passes the benchmark of useful, sincere, and most of all towny that you wouldn’t find bad from Vex?
!
Stranger
Stranger
They
Townie
Stranger
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 6:19 am

Post by Stranger »

I have to go but I should be able to check in before deadline. I’ll hear out a case on someone else but for right now I don’t find the reasons to vote the alternative compelling.
!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

got bad news today not sure if i'll be around
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:13 am

Post by The Bulge »

oh christ its 6 hours til deadline eh

welp
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:14 am

Post by The Bulge »

hope all is well, std
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:16 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 205, Titus wrote:
In post 204, Stranger wrote:In less words it’s just that you seem fixated most on Vex this game and going all in there with an aggression that doesn’t match what you’ve given to other people. And that FMPOV it didn’t seem to be an appropriate level of it, but... I realize we’re in different places in the game, so I’m unsure if it’s fair to really throw back your feelings at you as reasons you need to die but I don’t know what else to do.
How about looking at the context and seeing Vex's response was very bad and therefore Bulge's focus makes sense. I'd prefer if he townhunted more sure but I've tunneled like that in the past.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:22 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 204, Stranger wrote:
In post 198, The Bulge wrote:
In post 179, Stranger wrote:VOTE: The Bulge

Sorry for the absence yesterday.

I don't have a lot to add currently; Bulge at this point seems defensive and bristling at Vex and Vex alone (with a smidge of StD), it feels disproportionate to the things being asked/said. That feels... vague to say or maybe unfair because this game right now feels very... directionless and Bulge probably doesn't feel like that, but I'm unsure how else to get a direction going. Claim, I guess?

Small note is that feels a lot less... angered, irritated, than the replies to Vex. I don't know. Reconciliatory towards DV's question, on the offensive elsewhere and after.
idk what any of this means
This isn’t a condescending “really?” but more of a... really? With a squint.

In less words it’s just that you seem fixated most on Vex this game and going all in there with an aggression that doesn’t match what you’ve given to other people. And that FMPOV it didn’t seem to be an appropriate level of it, but... I realize we’re in different places in the game, so I’m unsure if it’s fair to really throw back your feelings at you as reasons you need to die but I don’t know what else to do.
why would i give the same energy to players i do not scumread as somebody i do scumread? separate question, why would i react w the same aggression toward someone who is not annoying me as someone who is? like it just isnt logical, and on top of that i dont understand what your point is in pointing that all out?

so there's a lot of words in these two posts but im not sure what it is you think you've found?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:23 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 179, Stranger wrote:(with a smidge of StD),
whats this about
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:25 am

Post by The Bulge »

like "bulge is suspicious of and irritated by this one specific player...and is not acting suspicious or irritated towards this other player...and i think that is because ____________"

fill in the blanks pls
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:26 am

Post by The Bulge »

stranger are you townreading vex? if so why? do you think their push vs me comes from a townie mindset?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:27 am

Post by The Bulge »

er not even specifically their push, but i mean just how they're acting about all of it lol
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:29 am

Post by The Bulge »

meg and titus are my only townreads and also the only people seeing my side of things lmao so i think i might just be dead here.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:29 am

Post by The Bulge »

wait who asked me to claim rofl what are you expecting there
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:30 am

Post by The Bulge »

i claim pt spy, none of u are safe
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:32 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 220, The Bulge wrote:meg and titus are my only townreads and also the only people seeing my side of things lmao so i think i might just be dead here.
like idk who i can even appeal to atp, hopefully dv is around and contributes before DL?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Vex Vience »

@titus - or i think ur scum cuz i’m pretty sure bulge is scum because nothing bulge has done is townie, and you replace in, skim and go “yea bulge is town” like, what do you want me to say?

@bulge we’re expecting your role and unless you claim friendly neighbor, who you’re in a hood with

i think the solve is literally just bulge/titus though
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread

Return to “Completed Open Games”