Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7050 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 7049, butterchurn wrote:Have you ever considered the possibility that you might be wrong?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7051 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 10:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

imagine being town and refushing to do anything protown?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7052 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I thought the way Dunn said some things were confusing and I still think he's kinda scummy b/c he did pretty much shit all until he was pushed, but I get what he's saying now.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7053 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 12:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think that it's impossible for Enchant to be scum that's just not doing anything.

I had felt like Enchant was close enough to his play in

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88987

that he was on the town but his iso isn't great and could be a partner tell between bnuuy and him. His reaction to getting voted isn't great but most ppl react poorly. I wouldn't really object to a lim here as hard-to-read/unhelpful slots are a decent elimination.

Speaking of the above game, the vig got ran up d1, was blocked n1, and then wagonned by 2/5 scum. So I am seeing parallels here.
In post 5975, Cephrir wrote:Flavor Leaf (8) | Klick, tictac, Dunnstral, cassowary, mastina, MalcolmTucker, Menalque, MonkeyMan576
Even if FL was scum that's masquerading as a vig the wagon on him isn't all town. I mean obviously, it isn't a 1:1 comparison b/c there is a "guilty" on him.

Still think Mastina is scum that's talking out of both sides of her mouth and she's being unproductive with her vote. We prob should have just voted there today instead of worrying about if she's really a beloved princess b/c if she's scum I highly doubt she is and she's fakeclaiming a role we won't really want to lim.

Still feel like Dunn's "if FL was town he'd do X" is scum and besides FL all of his scum reads being ppl that are voting him is gross. Not impossible I'm being manipulated onto his wagon.

VOTE: MalcolmTucker

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7054 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 2:48 am

Post by Enchant »

I SHOT ONLY SCUM SO I WAS RIGHT.
AHAHAHA.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7055 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 4:46 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Pretty munch vanity wagons are a vote for a no elimination at this point. This is not townie.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7056 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 4:53 am

Post by mastina »

In post 7049, butterchurn wrote:
In post 7047, mastina wrote:Dunnstral? He's town.
Nashville Dreams? They're town.
Cat Scratch Fever? Also town.

Literally every single player with more than one vote right now is town.
Have you ever considered the possibility that you might be wrong? You were saying earlier that you believe your own reads currently are around average, or middle of the road. Which wagon has more people that you townread pushing it? And what makes your read more likely to be correct than theirs?
Could I be wrong about townreads?

Sure!

Am I wrong on these townreads?

Almost assuredly not.

I know BOTH heads of Nashville Dreams.
Titus not only hard-townslipped, but also is firmly FIRMLY in her towngame, and WAY out of her scumrange. I know her methodology when she is scum, and this isn't it. I have a reasonably good grasp on how she plays when scum, and I know how she treats scumbuddies. She is town by every metric.

And so is Malakittens. I literally have hydra'd with Mala. I have a good grasp of how she thinks, too, and this isn't how she approaches the game as scum at all. Who she's pushing, how she's pushing, it's all her towngame through and through.

I have a very good grasp of Dunnstral's scumgame, and I know that this isn't it. While I can occasionally misread Dunn when he's town, I've NEVER failed to identify his scumgame. If I had him as a scumread, you could argue that my read could be wrong, but my townreads on Dunnstral are never wrong.
This is a bit hard to explain, but basically, Dunn has multiple styles of playing the game as both alignments. One of those towngame styles resembles one of the scumgame styles, but THIS game, Dunn is displaying the towngame style which has no scumgame counterparts.

Beyond that? Lukewarm was bleedingly obviously town. The solving he showed was beyond what scum could do, and he was displaying towntell after towntell. His replace-out was also immensely town, since that frustration and outright hostility had no reason to manifest if he were scum.

So the only wagon that I could conceivably be wrong on is Cat Scratch Fever, but basically every single slot I scumread is explicitly fine with Wagoning CSF.

I might be middle of the road reads-wise, but I am not going to have a 0% accuracy in my scumreads.

So with LITERALLY ALL MY SCUMREADS being okay with Wageningen CSF and LITERALLY NONE OF THEM DEFENDING CSF, there's a 0% chance of CSF being scum.

So, while I COULD be wrong here...I am not.

Because my townread of Dunnstral is NEVER wrong here, my townread of Nashville Dreams is NEVER wrong here, and literally everyone is okay with killing CSF which means that CSF has no scumbuddies and is thus, town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7057 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 4:55 am

Post by mastina »

In post 7055, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Pretty munch vanity wagons are a vote for a no elimination at this point. This is not townie.
A vote for a no lim would be better than a vote for town that is very obviously town.

VOTE: Malcolm Tucker
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7058 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 5:11 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm not convinced and I don't think most others are either. You're just being obstinate at this point or are anti-town and not caring to even try to seem town.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #7059 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: malcolmtucker
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7060 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 5:45 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'll vote MT if I have to but it's not my first choice by far.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #7061 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Klick »

Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7062 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Nashville Dreams »

VOTE: MalcomTucker
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7063 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 5:49 am

In post 7050, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 7049, butterchurn wrote:Have you ever considered the possibility that you might be wrong?
I wonder if Butter ever considered that.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7064 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 5:50 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Going to the Rockies/Royals game and may not be able to vote later in the day.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7065 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

votecount 2.11
MalcolmTucker (6) | Nero Cain, mastina, Save The Dragons, Klick, Nashville Dreams, MonkeyMan576

Dunnstral (5) | SCP 682, cassowary, bnuuy, Ydrasse, Flavor Leaf
Nashville Dreams (5) | butterchurn, Enchant, MegAzumarill, Dunnstral, Cat Scratch Fever

Cat Scratch Fever (2) | tictac, Menalque

Ydrasse (1) | The Keeper
Menalque (1) | Sword of Ducks
cassowary (1) | MalcolmTucker

Not Voting |

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to politely ask someone to leave.

Deadline: (expired on 2022-05-20 20:06:00).
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
SCP 682
SCP 682
Goon
SCP 682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7066 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 6:34 am

Post by SCP 682 »

VOTE: Malcom
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7067 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE: malcomtucker
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7068 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:30 am

Post by butterchurn »

Well, that's better than the game stagnating, at least. It's interesting to see who jumped on. If this flips town, I think it's fairly clear what the purpose of the wagon was. I've generally townread Malcolm, and am not very excited to follow some of the names who are pushing the wagon, but if there's an especially convincing case that I've missed I could be convinced to join.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7069 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:36 am

In post 7068, butterchurn wrote:Well, that's better than the game stagnating, at least. It's interesting to see who jumped on. If this flips town, I think it's fairly clear what the purpose of the wagon was. I've generally townread Malcolm, and am not very excited to follow some of the names who are pushing the wagon, but if there's an especially convincing case that I've missed I could be convinced to join.
Why would you be willing to join if you're convinced (implying) that it's a wagon to save me? Why would you be willing to vote for a hypothetical town!Malcom but not a hypothetical town!Dunn?

My reason for voting MalcolmTucker is that it's decent for play and his utter lack of influence in votes.

I think the MalcolmTucker wagon is people accepting that perfect is the enemy of the good
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7070 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:38 am

Same question applies to CSF
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7071 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:44 am

Post by tictac »

In post 7069, Nashville Dreams wrote:perfect is the enemy of the good
oh damn
u speaking 2 my soul there

VOTE: malcom

L-2
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7072 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:45 am

Post by tictac »

remainder that enchant is present
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7073 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:46 am

This is also inconsistent and blatant narrative pushing from butterchurn.

We were a confirmed counterwagon to scum!catboi. My wagon came up second. Under the implication butterchurn is making, I would at a minimum be unlikely to be a wolf. Yet, he continues to persist in his argument that a counterwagon spawning up after me must be to save scum!Nashville.

This fundamentally misconstrues how wagons even form and why players react in the first place. His priniciples are inconsistent with that. If he viewed the counterwagons as a method to protect me, then he wouldn't be actively townreading all of the active posters, particularly those defending me. He'd be looking for evidence to confirm or dispel the theory.

Instead, he's looking to force a blatantly untrue narrative.

Town just recognizes town. Sorry butter. Try another miselimination.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7074 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:47 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 7069, Nashville Dreams wrote:Why would you be willing to join if you're convinced (implying) that it's a wagon to save me? Why would you be willing to vote for a hypothetical town!Malcom but not a hypothetical town!Dunn?
I think if he flips town then it's likely a wagon to save you. If someone is able to convince me he's scum then perhaps he is unaligned with you. I've already said that I would be willing to vote for Dunn if necessary, but that I would prefer to vote where I believe there to be the highest chance of scum.
My reason for voting MalcolmTucker is that it's decent for play and his utter lack of influence in votes.
This is a fairly unconvincing reason considering many others are also lacking influence in their votes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”