Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 3:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 944, goodmorning wrote:Cat is looking more townish again I think. 926 and the posts leading up to it look like Town happy with a solve rather than Scum pointing it out.
What does this even mean?
In post 926, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Also I want to pint out mafia would have known we had just one pr and it was a jailkeeper from the start of day 2 because they knew we were in the C column and there was a protective role. Idk if that helps with anything but im glad we didnt claim yesterday.
What makes this "Town happy with a solve" vs "scum pointing it out?"

Town and scum would both know it at the point that they made that post. Its not even a solve
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 4:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 945, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:An all town wagon can happen in one day but two days with all town wagons is not only unlikely but literally impossible this game. The only people not on day 2's wagon are me and cat.jpeg and we can't be a maf pair.

One maf is guaranteed to be on worst's wagon yesterday and the second maf is either on the worst's wagon too or he's cat.jpeg.
This is correct. One mafia is guaranteed to be on the worst's wagon atp (and always from your pov).

But its the next step that I found fault in. In order for your original list of 4 to be correct, it would mean that NEITHER scum tried to be off of EITHER wagon - which that feels like a jump.

Like, yes. It is possible. But I don't find it particularly more likely then the idea that at least 1 scum was trying to stay off at least 1 miselim wagon.

So I don't think that it is a good conclusion to draw from the votes.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 4:45 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

I found something interesting while skimming through the thread. At the end of day 1 , gm miscounted the votes and dropped what he thought was the hammer vote on tidus(Tidus already got hammered at the time)
This means that 5 of the 6 uncleared players are involved in both miselim wagons.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 4:50 am

Also with the knowledge that maf knew what the setup was since day 2, it makes catboi's mass claim proposal a lot more suspicious.
If the mass claim went through, one of the mafs could have claimed tracker, I die N2 and maf easily gets a miselim D3 and wins.

VOTE: catboi
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 952, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I found something interesting while skimming through the thread. At the end of day 1 , gm miscounted the votes and dropped what he thought was the hammer vote on tidus(Tidus already got hammered at the time)
This means that 5 of the 6 uncleared players are involved in both miselim wagons.
So you agree that looking at the final vote counts and arbitrarily deciding that both scum must be in the over lap was not a rock solid way to lock in the scum team. Glad we are on the same page.

(will drop this now lol)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 953, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Also with the knowledge that maf knew what the setup was since day 2, it makes catboi's mass claim proposal a lot more suspicious.
If the mass claim went through, one of the mafs could have claimed tracker, I die N2 and maf easily gets a miselim D3 and wins.

I am finding it really hard to look at my day 2 interactions with catboi (starting at post ) coming from scum!boi.

I don't think that scum catboi approaches me this way. I was not particularly town read, so people are not following me - and he just happened to exist on a list of
5 names
of people in my PoE, and I was not pushing him at the time. This is not a threat to scum!catboi that he needs to deal with, and getting me to town read him is likely not a top priority.

It reads more like proper frustration at getting incorrectly scum read by me once again.

I also don't think that he then questions me when I say that my scum read softened.

And finally, I buy
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:31 am

Post by catboi »

In post 953, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Also with the knowledge that maf knew what the setup was since day 2, it makes catboi's mass claim proposal a lot more suspicious.

If I knew that I doubt I'd bring attention to myself in that fashion, but of course you can go wifom etcetc. Simple fact of the matter is I was lost and was hoping for
something
that might help, and from my pov the odds were significant we had
something
that would help us. Maybe it would have been more useful to simply clarify that we were in the solo jailkeeper setup without outing anyone, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm waking up now, I can take the time to read things properly now.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:32 am

Post by catboi »

I'm...mildly suspicious of syugar being a jailkeeper target but at the same time I'm not sure how likely he is to be carrying a kill on night 1.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:33 am

Post by syugar »

In post 950, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 944, goodmorning wrote:Cat is looking more townish again I think. 926 and the posts leading up to it look like Town happy with a solve rather than Scum pointing it out.
What does this even mean?
In post 926, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Also I want to pint out mafia would have known we had just one pr and it was a jailkeeper from the start of day 2 because they knew we were in the C column and there was a protective role. Idk if that helps with anything but im glad we didnt claim yesterday.
What makes this "Town happy with a solve" vs "scum pointing it out?"

Town and scum would both know it at the point that they made that post. Its not even a solve
i intend to omgus but i want to find time to reread omce more bedore i do cuz i dont want to fk tbis up
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:34 am

Post by syugar »

idk why i quoted that
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:35 am

Post by syugar »

In post 957, catboi wrote:I'm...mildly suspicious of syugar being a jailkeeper target but at the same time I'm not sure how likely he is to be carrying a kill on night 1.
what is this doublespeak
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:38 am

Post by syugar »

im not even sure why youd find a world where i submitted the kill to be parricularly unbelievable with a tracker in the setup
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:40 am

Post by syugar »

In post 961, syugar wrote:im not even sure why youd find a world where i submitted the kill to be parricularly unbelievable with a tracker in the setup
nvm no tracker in column c duh
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:49 am

Post by syugar »

I'm reisoing everyone and I have a hard time seeing a world where Lukewarm is partnered with catboi or goodmorning

Just trying to decide if the early conversation between cb/goodmorning could plausibly be SvS or not

We may be able to more or less "automatically" win if we just elim catjpeg here if it isn't but I dunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:49 am

Post by catboi »

cat.jpeg was, in my initial feeling, the type of player I might typically blindspot for being friendly, and I was a little unnerved by the strength of her townread on me to start the day, as well as her reasoning of the worst being "too scummy to be scum", which didn't really sit right with me
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:50 am

Post by catboi »

In post 961, syugar wrote:im not even sure why youd find a world where i submitted the kill to be parricularly unbelievable with a tracker in the setup
In post 962, syugar wrote:
even in those world it's like, do you typically send the more well hidden team member to do the kill? most people don't
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:53 am

I want everyone to share their reads list.
This day is crucial and we need to share info and discuss as much as possible so don't slack off please.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:54 am

Post by syugar »

In post 965, catboi wrote:
In post 962, syugar wrote:
even in those world it's like, do you typically send the more well hidden team member to do the kill? most people don't
kind of an irrelevant question but if were just talking for fun its within the realm of consideration and probably yes
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:57 am

Post by syugar »

In post 964, catboi wrote:cat.jpeg was, in my initial feeling, the type of player I might typically blindspot for being friendly, and I was a little unnerved by the strength of her townread on me to start the day, as well as her reasoning of the worst being "too scummy to be scum", which didn't really sit right with me
shorg

u tell me how unpartnered #676 looks. the amount of followup is minimal but it could just be the state of the thread hmm
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:58 am

Post by syugar »

In post 966, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I want everyone to share their reads list.
This day is crucial and we need to share info and discuss as much as possible so don't slack off please.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 5:59 am

Post by syugar »

In post 968, syugar wrote:
In post 964, catboi wrote:cat.jpeg was, in my initial feeling, the type of player I might typically blindspot for being friendly, and I was a little unnerved by the strength of her townread on me to start the day, as well as her reasoning of the worst being "too scummy to be scum", which didn't really sit right with me
shorg

u tell me how unpartnered #676 looks. the amount of followup is minimal but it could just be the state of the thread hmm
i still want to believe i intuited your alignment correctly but this stuff isnt unfakable im so lost...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 6:07 am

Post by catboi »

In post 968, syugar wrote:
shorg

Probably not a bus, no, given the state of the game I don't think luke tries for that in those circumstances
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 6:14 am

Post by catboi »

initial feeling on rereading cat.jpeg's iso is that there's a lot less analysis than I remembered and the conclusions are tepid

there's probably maybe some merit to looking back at day 2 to see if there was anyone who seemed to be awkwardly townreading syugar if they knew a nightkill on him had been stopped
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 6:15 am

Post by syugar »

VOTE: Cat.Jpeg

im badly outplayed if this is wrong and will go eat my underwear

iso looks partnered with gm with the initial readslist and the followup so thatd be my first jk instinct

im opening to discuss if anyone can see catboi/gm catboi/luke or luke/gm partnered if they have reasons, I've devoted around an hour to reading ISOs and everything seems too fluid for this to be the case
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 6:20 am

Post by syugar »

In post 219, Cat.Jpeg wrote: Goodmorning, has been voting for Catboi since their second post, dont know how to read that, I know how catboi would tho. Also post 'That said, while I was going back and checking votes, I noticed something mildly interesting about catboi's voting pattern, if you can call it a pattern yet.' what? (sorry if i missed where u answered) Also shoulda asked earlier but what is the beetlejuice tell, its not on the wiki. Post , who was i buddying. You and syugar did a 180. Especially you. You gave reasons but eh feels weird when ur sticking to the catboi scumread so hard.
In post 348, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I don't have the same opinions anymore but I still think goldfish's slot is town. I townread GM for steering the game but also townread goldfish for
not
steering the game because i know goldfish. I dont think steering the game is scummy in general unless it seems forced which GM didnt.
In post 352, Cat.Jpeg wrote: Hard to put myself back into what I was thinking at the time. I didnt have a lot to base stuff off but the wallposting after at the start catboi said wallposting gets scumread I thought was townie because why would scum want to do that. Pointing out that being combative isnt towny and some people just play like that i though was townie because combativeness being townread would benefit GM this game so why would they do that as scum. These arent great reasons though and if I was scum I would probably be aware that doing that, although risky, might get me townread so thats why later i didnt townread them. Just seemed like scum would be more cautious but I probably need to read a GM scum game to see what they are usually like.
In post 371, Cat.Jpeg wrote: I dont have many strong opinions on this. I'd be fine voting bella, the worst, and catboi or gm (though I think we could leave those 2 for later). I'm
okay
with voting for tidus but if they flip town its not gonna be very helpful and im pretty much null on the slot (and would feel bad because its his first game.)
In post 639, Cat.Jpeg wrote: You have called me he/him a couple of times. It doesnt bother me that much but when i first read this I got confused because I didnt think you were talking abt me when you said he. My pronouns are they/them or she/her.
As for the post I do think Catboi has been a little too defensive of me and tidus. I think its better to let someone defend themselves so you can keep developing your read off of that. (although tidus would probably never have responded himself) However I see that catboi was later getting scumread for doing this, town can white knight for each other. I see the point in the TMI thing, it makes sense, but i feel like as an experienced player scum catboi would expect that having such a strong townread on tidus would be seen as TMI.

My reads right now
syugar
catboi, lukewarm
bella

t02, goodmorning
the worst
In post 728, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Im also pretty split right now between the worst and GM but im pretty confident at least one of them is scum. I will iso them tmr and figure out which one is more sus. Also im assuming at this point we arent going to mass claim.
I can't squint and understand the progression on the gm, looks almost random and every post is wishy washy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”