Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:06 am

Post by syugar »

im bad af
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:06 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1174, Bellaphant wrote:@catboi, why Luke over syugae? Considering your reaction to the hammer.
she spewed me d1
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:07 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1164, Lukewarm wrote:I am... surprised. This is the least likely scenario I was expecting coming into today.

Over night, I was thinking that even if jpeg was town, that the remaining scum would probably no kill to try and fake the guilty here.
????
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:08 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1163, catboi wrote:classic game where I'm onto scum early then talk myself out of it for 2 days

VOTE: lukewarm

I did a little rereading during the night. I think my reasons for un-aligning him with goodmorning were poor in hindsight. I think that both jailkeeper targets were plausibly saves, and I think both displayed a believable level of paranoia yesterday that is more likely to come from town.
not gonna lie im closer to voting bella than this lmao
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:10 am

Post by syugar »

i also townread catboi over everyone else atm
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:15 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1171, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1170, Bellaphant wrote: it has to me or syugar from your pov. What sounds more likely?.
I don't know, that's the problem. I will need to reread the two of you sometime that it is not 4:30 am.

But I was thinking about how day 2 played out, and I am really struggling to see that come from partnered gm and catboi.

His literal first post of day 2 was advocating strongly for a mass claim, specifically in a way that would appeal to me (by referencing a conversation he knew I had with LLD), and then he proceeded to argue why he thought it was the best move.

And gm was then The Reason the massclaim didn't happen, both by arguing against it and then refusing to do it when we started.

This is such a specific dissonance that I don't see them together. To be clear it is not just because they disagreed, that was the fact that the entire idea came from catboi, so I don't think this would apply to anyone else (including me).

Like how would that scum team have gotten there? Did they not talk at all? This doesn't match what I've seen of catboi in scum chats - when I read his scum chat for fgo, I felt like there was a lot of collaboration and suggestions to his partners.

He argued for it too much if he didn't actually want it to happen, and GM argued against it too hard if they actually did want it to happen

Is it a scum team that thought the mass claim would help them? GM's play makes no sense
Was it a scum team that thought the mass claim would hurt them? Catbois play makes no sense

That would just leave a team that thought it wouldn't matter either way, but then I don't think catboi leads with it and keeps arguing for it when there is push back.

I just can't see it
otoh i just skimmed a towngame of urs and didnt see any posts close to looking like this
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:18 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1173, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 1125, syugar wrote:
In post 1116, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I scumread bella because of process of elimination. She and GM are the only people who dont seem towny to me. There's not a lot I can point to and say look at how scummy this is but theres also nothing that I feel she would say only as town and not as scum. Thats why I asked people why they townread bella but no one responded. I also scumread her as shes the only person I can partnered with GM. I scumread GM more than anyone right now though.
fwiw if you somehow get JK cleared tonight I'm willing to reconsider my Bella read, I'm running out of ideas.
This was a.red flag yesterday though.

An inno on jpeg is such a good thing though, thanks to2
why is that a red flag
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:21 am

Post by syugar »

alright i'm done reading, i've been finding mafia stupider and stupider of a pastime in the past week so i'm not going to put a lot of effort into this

VOTE: Lukewarm

e-1
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:22 am

Post by syugar »

( no offense ot the maifa players )
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:24 am

Post by syugar »

full disclosure, if we eliminate luke today and he's town, i'm probably gonna vote bella within 5 seconds tomorrow, don't see catboi/gm as filler and i thought a few things in the thread were too corny to come from that pair, ggwp if you tricked me although it'd mean i played fairly horribly

team's pretty much impossible though fmpov
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:25 am

Post by Bellaphant »

? You spent a lot of time yesterday implying you wanted to move the elim off GM onto cat, and then made this post. If, as maf, you knew you were going to kill to2, then you knew you'd get a cat inno, and then your mis elim of me is set up. It's even more flaggy as I was your lock town at one point.

If you are scum, it's a shame because I am actually thinking/reacting like Luke a lot. I had the same nk thought as he did, but you react to it (either organically or inorganically) with ????

It basically leaves me with you or catboi as an option.

P-edit I haven't read that.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:28 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1185, Bellaphant wrote:? You spent a lot of time yesterday implying you wanted to move the elim off GM onto cat, and then made this post. If, as maf, you knew you were going to kill to2, then you knew you'd get a cat inno, and then your mis elim of me is set up. It's even more flaggy as I was your lock town at one point.

If you are scum, it's a shame because I am actually thinking/reacting like Luke a lot. I had the same nk thought as he did, but you react to it (either organically or inorganically) with ????

It basically leaves me with you or catboi as an option.

P-edit I haven't read that.
shrug

i had seen everyone alive being paired with gm as fairly impossible because the scumteam played well, the exception being catjpeg who had a dearth of interactions with gm although in hindsight that also didn't make sense

was gonna have to go back to the drawing board regardless, can't treat any reads i've been sliding on as sacred

killing no one to get cat jpeg elimed is a pretty suboptimal move on its face, interest or reaction doesn't look genuine, but i'm not really basing my vote off of that
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:30 am

Post by syugar »

that being said, the only other thing i'll offer is that if you/luke/catjpeg vote for me today, just try to sponge my townread on catboi and elim luke tomorrow
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 12:37 am

Post by syugar »

I'm not going to disagree that my game yesterday looks partnered with gm, nor that I've spent a large portion of this game being distracted by and pushing through eliminations on LHF slots, so if you want to vote me I'll accept that as a consequence of my admittedly terrible play this game

Think I'm out of gas for now. Can answer more specific questions if you want, otherwise gl
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 1:58 am

Post by Bellaphant »

You know if I was maf I could hammer here and win??

Luckily cat is clear and Luke won't self vote but jfc.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 2:01 am

Post by Bellaphant »

No, wait, that isn't how numbers work! But still, that vote feels Hella Risky
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 3:25 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

I still think its bella, need to reread, don't have time right now. I don't think it's luke.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1187, syugar wrote:that being said, the only other thing i'll offer is that if you/luke/catjpeg vote for me today, just try to sponge my townread on catboi and elim luke tomorrow
Syugar, I need you to make your read make sense to me here.

This is saying that you would bet the game on me being scum over both catboiis and bella. Which feels like a 180 over your reads yesterDay.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1180, syugar wrote:otoh i just skimmed a towngame of urs and didnt see any posts close to looking like this
Like this seems to be the only thing that would have changed to push your read from one way to the other.

I need you to put some more words to this.

What game did you read in that time? What about that post are you saying never existed in that game?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 6:57 am

Post by catboi »

catching up
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 8:12 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1191, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I still think its bella, need to reread, don't have time right now. I don't think it's luke.
hwo come?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1192, Lukewarm wrote: This is saying that you would bet the game on me being scum over both catboiis and bella. Which feels like a 180 over your reads yesterDay.
it literally isnt that, we have a miselim

the disconnect between some of your statements today and your supposedly very insightful townread on catboi is giving me whiplash
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 8:15 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1190, Bellaphant wrote:No, wait, that isn't how numbers work! But still, that vote feels Hella Risky
i wouldnt call it risky but if it were i dont really care anymore, i kinda want to flip the game and see who's what and be done with it
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 8:18 am

Post by syugar »

also i dont feel like explaining my vote other than the fact that i did a brusque reread of some content and decided that i think ur the most likely hit, sorry

if u convincingly case someone else im listening
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1196, syugar wrote:
In post 1192, Lukewarm wrote: This is saying that you would bet the game on me being scum over both catboiis and bella. Which feels like a 180 over your reads yesterDay.
it literally isnt that, we have a miselim
Except it is, if you don't crop out what I was responding to.
In post 1192, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1187, syugar wrote:that being said, the only other thing i'll offer is that if you/luke/catjpeg vote for me today, just try to sponge my townread on catboi and elim luke tomorrow
Syugar, I need you to make your read make sense to me here.

This is saying that you would bet the game on me being scum over both catboiis and bella. Which feels like a 180 over your reads yesterDay.
The post I was responding to was when you said was that in 3 man elo with Luke+catboi+Bella, kill Luke.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”