the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:24 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.05
Wood ducks eat acorns. Thats pretty cool.

hutmeil (2): Tidus of the X, Roden
furtiveglance (2): 72offsuit, Alianna
Roden (2): whiskey delta, hutmeil
Alianna (1): Greeting
72offsuit (1): furtiveglance

Not Voting (1): takotsubo syndrome

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach an elimination.

Day one will end in (expired on 2022-06-04 10:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • quack.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 80, takotsubo syndrome wrote:
In post 55, Roden wrote:
In post 53, takotsubo syndrome wrote:
In post 16, hutmeil wrote:I guess since this is Day 1, all the current votes are senseless.

My notes:

Alianna
- was informed that furtiveglance is Town?? (Mason or Friendly Neighbor?)
- asks who wants to be nightkilled (sus)
Well this is just a disgusting post to start off the game.
Disgusting? Sure. But is it scummy? Ehhh...I think newbscum tries harder to look townie. Pretty sure it was just meant to be a joke post since it was during RVS.

Then again, they disappeared afterward. I understand that not much is going on right now, but it's been almost three days since their last post. Let's get some pressure going, maybe?

VOTE: Hutmeil
smells more like something newb-scum would do and could get away with it.
If it is a joke it seems like a role-fishy joke to me.

it's obvious that FG & aliana have a hx together so I didn't find it so incredibly suspicious..
The post itself sucked, but the follow-up was promising. When I was a Newbie, I only had a general idea of how the roles worked and I can see a bit of a townie mindset right there.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:28 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 78, furtiveglance wrote:I have early townleans on whiskey delta and hutmeil. I don't think anyone else has earned one yet.
Why
whiskey delta
?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 5:44 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 102, Greeting wrote:
In post 78, furtiveglance wrote:I have early townleans on whiskey delta and hutmeil. I don't think anyone else has earned one yet.
Why
whiskey delta
?
I agreed about hutmeil. That's it pretty much
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:00 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 91, takotsubo syndrome wrote:You do realize how anti-town this conversation is right now?

I just really hope you are scum thats fishing for reactions right now, but at least if you are town you will be learning a good experience for the future to never really point out stuff like this and drag it on because it helps scum aid in finding who the PR's are based on reactions.
I respectfully disagree. Town is at a disadvantage because of lack of information. One of the most logical ways to counter this is to bring information to the forefront. Sometimes this means role revealing if it has to come to that. But right now since it's still Day 1 we don't have to do so.

Has everyone sounded off already?
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:02 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 96, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 90, hutmeil wrote:
In post 68, whiskey delta wrote:hutmeil seems Elim Bait ish to me but I am bothered by how they assumed Alianna meant a Town role in her . Can you talk about that
@hutmeil
?

Dislike Roden hedging on that wagon more though

VOTE: Roden
Well, according to Alianna, she was "informed" that furtiveglance is Town. That could mean several things:
- Alianna is a Mason, so it was the mod that "informed" her
- Alianna is FN, which is not likely since we started with Day 1 and not Night 1. She can only be informed after Night 1 (if I'm right).

Based on above, she's likely Mason (assuming she's Town). So that means, we're either setup Col A Row 3 or Col C Row 3.

Right now, I'm not inclined to vote either of them because if both of them are Town, then the other will die on Night 1. So that's 2 Towns in a row. I'd rather vote someone who like to bandwagon like:

UNVOTE: takotsubo syndrome

If Roden, turns out scum, then I'd say takotsubo is scum too since they're the ones who started the bandwagon on me.

On another note, sorry about my late replies. I'm from GMT +8 so most probably not same timezone as you guys.
Neither Mason nor FN work in this way. Alianna was joking that she is mafia. I like your notes though :wink:
Please enlighten me on how these roles work.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:05 am

Post by whiskey delta »

You should read the wiki if you want more info. Alianna was not claiming anything, just making a joke to Furtive. Let’s leave it at that
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:06 am

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 102, Greeting wrote:
Why
whiskey delta
?
Why not whiskey delta?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Alianna »

hutmeil, I think you're probably town, but this discussion is anti-town, so I'll clarify these and we'll leave it at that.
In post 104, hutmeil wrote:
In post 91, takotsubo syndrome wrote:You do realize how anti-town this conversation is right now?

I just really hope you are scum thats fishing for reactions right now, but at least if you are town you will be learning a good experience for the future to never really point out stuff like this and drag it on because it helps scum aid in finding who the PR's are based on reactions.
I respectfully disagree. Town is at a disadvantage because of lack of information. One of the most logical ways to counter this is to bring information to the forefront. Sometimes this means role revealing if it has to come to that. But right now since it's still Day 1 we don't have to do so.

Role revealing is generally only a good idea if you're at E-1 with intent to hammer, there's a massclaim, or you have crucial information (like a cop guilty). Otherwise, it's anti-town to discuss roles.
In post 105, hutmeil wrote:
In post 68, whiskey delta wrote:hutmeil seems Elim Bait ish to me but I am bothered by how they assumed Alianna meant a Town role in her . Can you talk about that
@hutmeil
?

Well, according to Alianna, she was "informed" that furtiveglance is Town. That could mean several things:
- Alianna is FN, which is not likely since we started with Day 1 and not Night 1. She can only be informed after Night 1 (if I'm right).

Based on above, she's likely Mason (assuming she's Town). So that means, we're either setup Col A Row 3 or Col C Row 3.

Right now, I'm not inclined to vote either of them because if both of them are Town, then the other will die on Night 1. So that's 2 Towns in a row. I'd rather vote someone who like to bandwagon like:

If Roden, turns out scum, then I'd say takotsubo is scum too since they're the ones who started the bandwagon on me.

On another note, sorry about my late replies. I'm from GMT +8 so most probably not same timezone as you guys.
Neither Mason nor FN work in this way. Alianna was joking that she is mafia. I like your notes though :wink:
Masons - are confirmed as town to each other and share a PT.
FN - targets one player each night, the targeted player is informed that the FN is town.

If it still isn't clear, you can read the sample role PMs in .
And now I would like to cease the role discussion.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 8:11 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 108, Alianna wrote:hutmeil, I think you're probably town, but this discussion is anti-town, so I'll clarify these and we'll leave it at that.

Role revealing is generally only a good idea if you're at E-1 with intent to hammer, there's a massclaim, or you have crucial information (like a cop guilty). Otherwise, it's anti-town to discuss roles.
@hutmeil
?

FN - targets one player each night, the targeted player is informed that the FN is town.

Interesting.

Thanks for the role infos, that's exactly how I understood them.

My vote stays.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

I don't think we should speculate on this FN/Mason thing too much, it could likely be a joke post for the start of the day
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 8:53 am

Post by Roden »

Hutmeil, what's your experience with Mafia?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 58, hutmeil wrote:
In post 22, whiskey delta wrote:How long has everyone been playing? Outta curiosity

I used to play a lot but it’s probably been about ~3 years since I did last. My home website went the way of the dodo sadly
Played ages ago but not here, but thru email threads.
I townread Alianna.

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Roden »

I saw that, I mean what was their actual experience playing the game.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Alianna »

Oh, I misinterpreted then.
I second that question though.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Alianna »

Also, @72, you've posted twice. Have you any thoughts on this game?
I townread Alianna.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by the worst »

Prodding 72offsuit.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Apologies for the prods. Will reread later today.

@Alianna sure. I do. But before I do, who would you eliminate right now if you theoretically had the hammer right now as at post 117?
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 113, Roden wrote:I saw that, I mean what was their actual experience playing the game.
Hmmm not sure exactly what you're asking but I played via email as I've said and that was like more than a decade ago. I guess I have 10-15 games under my belt.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

Provided hutmeil = Town, I might slot Alianna as my top TR now for post
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

79 is just mech talk and speculation, why does Alianna get a townread?

This is unfair. Townread ME even though I don't deserve it. D:<
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

Because in the greater context of the game Town clearing a possible MisElim early on as scum doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Could be faked, of course, yadda yadda but the post shows some depth I’m not sure scum go to just to TR someone they didn’t have to. lolme if wrong but I kinda like that read for where we are currently.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Some players love dismissing others as limbait town and really labouring the point as scum. I'm not accusing Alianna of doing this, it's just something I've seen before.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 118, hutmeil wrote:
In post 113, Roden wrote:I saw that, I mean what was their actual experience playing the game.
Hmmm not sure exactly what you're asking but I played via email as I've said and that was like more than a decade ago. I guess I have 10-15 games under my belt.
Not quite the answer that I was expecting, but it's interesting to know nonetheless.
In post 16, hutmeil wrote:I guess since this is Day 1, all the current votes are senseless.

My notes:

Alianna
- was informed that furtiveglance is Town?? (Mason or Friendly Neighbor?)
- asks who wants to be nightkilled (sus)
Originally, I thought this was just a joke, but then you made this post:
@hutmeil
?

You double down on discussing PRs even though you've been told it's an anti-town thing to do. I could understand making this kind of mistake if you were just new, but you're claiming to have a pretty decent amount of experience under your belt. For comparison, it only takes five games to be considered SE (Semi-Experienced) on this site.

So considering your experience with the game, and your general tone that gives me the feeling that you know what you're doing, it makes me think that you openly discussing PRs is just feigned ignorance.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 109, hutmeil wrote:
In post 108, Alianna wrote:hutmeil, I think you're probably town, but this discussion is anti-town, so I'll clarify these and we'll leave it at that.

@hutmeil
?

Interesting.

Thanks for the role infos, that's exactly how I understood them.

My vote stays.
Additionally, this implies that you're only voting me because I voted you, and that you did so because I had more momentum on my wagon than the other person who suspects you, which makes it an opportunistic vote.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”