syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by syugar »

the interactions are all super close and i could see myself changing my mind 1000 times and am a bit lost and just want to see some flips and make sense of the dang thing and leave and not play mafia for a while

i was in the team game on MU that just concluded and ended up becoming kind of disillusioned with this game and my enjoyment of it halfway through, the time i've been spending posting has been very unfulfilling compared to recent life pursuits i've started doing (reading more and studying to be an english teacher, working out, learning japanese, even other games) so I kinda wanna blow my load and end this and probably really don't even care very much who wins anymore, im mental boomed

not to be manipulative, i was scum in the MU game that just ended and quit in a similar vein, the effort I want to expend here is probably totally NAI
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

VOTE: syugar

I don't buy syugar's progression from to voting in to not even considering scum!Bella in . And I did not like his responses when I followed up.

Spoiler:
In post 1170, Bellaphant wrote:...but If it's not catboi, and you know it can't be you, and catjpeg is clear then it has to me or syugar from your pov. What sounds more likely?
In post 1171, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1170, Bellaphant wrote: it has to me or syugar from your pov. What sounds more likely?.
I don't know, that's the problem. I will need to reread the two of you sometime that it is not 4:30 am.
In post 1172, Bellaphant wrote: I'm talking myself into syugae being scum by Poe.
In post 1174, Bellaphant wrote:@catboi, why Luke over syugae? Considering your reaction to the hammer.

I think that he reached this exchancge between me and Bella and thought that if he didn't join up with catboi, things might turn on him, with bella shifting his direction and even reaching out to catboi to try and sway him that way.

I am comparing that to Bella's entrance of disagreeing with catboi's read on me, then accepting my town read on catboi, and engaging with me in a way that was accepting of me thinking of the game as it having to be between syugar and/or Bella, which is a losing strategy to start the day with imo
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 4.01

Lukewarm: (1) syugar
syugar: (1) Lukewarm

Not Voting (3): bellaphant, cat.jpeg, catboi

With 5 alive it takes 3 to Eliminate.

Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-03 01:30:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Some thoughts:

Luke, can you explain the last paragraph?

@cqtboi, I think it was in the newbie you just modded that there was conversation about the regret tell, but it was the first time I'd heard of it. It ended up being correct though: what are your thoughts?

In terms of interactions with GM, are we sure it isn't jpeg? (Joking!). I would find it very odd if it was catboi, mainly because the aggression comes from GM initially. Syugar also gets into it day one with GM but then the interactions just die out. Luke looks a tiny bit like a viable partner but I'm just not convinced that's the solve. I need to go to this and do the iso +iso thing and see who's progression makes the lease sense.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 3:41 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Bella, throughout the game and more at the start mentioned that it was weird they didn't TR Goodmorning yet and weren't so much on the same page. This feels not paired to me but could be faked.
Some of Bella's reads on me are sus, others seem towny.
The recent post feels like town. Idk.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 3:43 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1229, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Bella, throughout the game and more at the start mentioned that it was weird they didn't TR Goodmorning yet and weren't so much on the same page. This feels not paired to me but could be faked.
Some of Bella's reads on me are sus, others seem towny.
The recent post feels like town. Idk.
I agree
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Right now I don't feel like anyone is scum :/
Luke has had some bad takes but it feels like it's coming from town
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 3:52 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

I will ISO suygar tmr, ive been putting it off because of how long it is.
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1228, Bellaphant wrote:Luke, can you explain the last paragraph?
I meant when you said this to me when I said i town read catboi

Spoiler:
In post 1170, Bellaphant wrote:...but If it's not catboi, and you know it can't be you, and catjpeg is clear then it has to me or syugar from your pov. What sounds more likely?

I don't think it's you. I think it /could/ be catboi. I felt day two I was agreeing with syugar a lot, but maybe I have given them a too easy pass.
In post 1172, Bellaphant wrote:There have been little bits in catbois play that seem off to me - a bit of tone, a bit of white knighting, etc., But I think I'm getting paranoid about stuff that is playstyle.

In terms of cold hard play - GM pushed on them way too hard, the mass claim, the way he interacted with you when you had the same reaction to to2's 'scum is in here', just seem really town.

I've also basically cleared you in my head because of that interaction with to2, as it was so similar to my feelings Ans then you descalated. I guess scum you has no choice, but tonally, eh

I also think scum!you has half a shot at getting catboi mis elimed with me and catjpeg, so this feels very counterintuitive.

I'm talking myself into syugae being scum by Poe.

I think it is less likely that scum!Bella would have approached it this way walking into this day phase, because you would need either me or catboi to miselimed at some point this game, and you just disagreed with catboi's scum read on me and then soft agreed with my town read on catboi

Even saying " it has to me or syugar from your pov," which fells like an approach that makes your own elim more likely to happen
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In other words, you approach made more sense to come from town, and syugars approach made more sense to come from scum imo
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:10 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1231, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Luke has had some bad takes but it feels like it's coming from town
I don't think that I have had bad takes >.<
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Oh, yes, I've totally painted myself into a corner as scum. I do find mafia easier though if you genuinely try to see the game from someone else's pov.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Bellaphant »

We also low-key have to consider elo: if we get it wrong, cat prolly dies as conf town, so elo is three of: me, Luke, syugar or catboi.

I'm 90% convinced it's just syugar from today and yesterday
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Bellaphant »

It also makes the 'why didn't scum go after pr softing the worst' n1 make sense. They did!
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:15 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1237, Bellaphant wrote:We also low-key have to consider elo: if we get it wrong, cat prolly dies as conf town, so elo is three of: me, Luke, syugar or catboi.

I'm 90% convinced it's just syugar from today and yesterday
what u dont understand abt my progression?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:20 am

Post by syugar »

nothing luke is saying this phase makes much sense so im surprised ur TRing him

he's arbitrarily picking behaviors that aren't outside of anyone's scum range and just saying "this is towny" v "this is scummy"

its as if he expects that if ur scum u wouldnt be saying obvious mechanical information like "wow if u tr catboi its me or syugar so who??"

hes just riding u towards my elim unfortunately

if u look at all of the interactions in the game luke is the odd one out here, i'm pretty sure gm knew she cleared me d1 and was just antispewing by tunneling me yesterday even tho it was very very very unlikely i ever died there
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:24 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1233, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1228, Bellaphant wrote:Luke, can you explain the last paragraph?
I meant when you said this to me when I said i town read catboi

Spoiler:

I don't think it's you. I think it /could/ be catboi. I felt day two I was agreeing with syugar a lot, but maybe I have given them a too easy pass.
In post 1172, Bellaphant wrote:There have been little bits in catbois play that seem off to me - a bit of tone, a bit of white knighting, etc., But I think I'm getting paranoid about stuff that is playstyle.

In terms of cold hard play - GM pushed on them way too hard, the mass claim, the way he interacted with you when you had the same reaction to to2's 'scum is in here', just seem really town.

I've also basically cleared you in my head because of that interaction with to2, as it was so similar to my feelings Ans then you descalated. I guess scum you has no choice, but tonally, eh

I also think scum!you has half a shot at getting catboi mis elimed with me and catjpeg, so this feels very counterintuitive.

I'm talking myself into syugae being scum by Poe.

I think it is less likely that scum!Bella would have approached it this way walking into this day phase, because you would need either me or catboi to miselimed at some point this game, and you just disagreed with catboi's scum read on me and then soft agreed with my town read on catboi

Even saying " it has to me or syugar from your pov," which fells like an approach that makes your own elim more likely to happen
you read this and it's as if he's saying that you'd be going into autoloss by claiming two townreads on luke/catboi today

this obviously isn't the case; catboi is SRing Luke over you, if you get me elimmed today as scum you can just ride catboi's Luke FoS into endgame even if you decided you "townread" both of them today by playing close to the vest

so it's just a nonsensical/hamfisted reason to townread u which isnt really solving by any stretch of the imagination

the last line of this paragraph is just fluff. you acknowledging that luke has a TR on catboi and saying "so you think its me or syugar" doesn't even remotely change the chances that you get eliminated here, it's navel gazing/straw grasping
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:25 am

Post by syugar »

"i think its a town mindset for you to see that i townread catboi and thus stated that i will vote you or syugar"

lol?

u see the pocket or wut ?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:28 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1238, Bellaphant wrote:It also makes the 'why didn't scum go after pr softing the worst' n1 make sense. They did!
he was like, not even close to being consensus towned, quite the opposite... he got voted the next day. scum killing him would just be totally suboptimal

scum doesn't kill outside of the PoE like that

in my shoes if i were scum there i'd be shooting you or catboi probs, not that it really matters for this thought exercise
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:30 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1231, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Right now I don't feel like anyone is scum :/
Luke has had some bad takes but it feels like it's coming from town
We've been getting snowed all game, everyone has towntold

look at the interactions i guess
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:31 am

Post by syugar »

@catboi what do u need to find me here? i'm pretty sure we can win by default

the fluidity and helplessness i've had in this game isn't really within my scum range, i usually just play decisive
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:36 am

Post by syugar »

earlier i said that its understandable if people think i'm teamed with gm but now i'm completely miffed that people are entertaining the thought lmao
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

What part of your interactions with GM should make me not entertain you as partners?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:54 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1247, Lukewarm wrote:What part of your interactions with GM should make me not entertain you as partners?
d1 argument

it's apparent that she was getting ready to fully omgus me if i didn't back off if you read between the lines in postnum #97. she relents and townreads me when she realizes that i'm not interested in voting her off d1 (i'm the one who disengages in #155)

as an added bonus, this post is so dismissive and diminutive of the opinions i'd posted thus far, so as to try to signal to the game that i'm either unreasonable or untrustworthy/egotistical: postnum #81
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2022 6:58 am

Post by syugar »

she also made it her game's goal to just pocket me and agree with all of my votes on LHF (tidus, worst) so we ended up consolidating votes, it's really inefficient and pointless to "meld" with your scumbuddy while lynching LHF, it doesn't give either of you town points

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”