syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by syugar »

Like, what are your thoughts on Bella? The reasons you have stated today for townreading her have been pretty light, to my understanding, it you don't seem worried about it at all, even though when I flip town here you have catboi staring you down who is pretty set on eliminating you. ELO doesn't look good, it looks like you'd have no agency. What's your contingency if Bella is scum? Why aren't you asking her any questions or trying to sus her out? Are you just 100% confident that it's me?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by syugar »

Also, if you townread catboi, who I've played with for many, many years and has cultivated a townread on me, why haven't you asked him questions about why he townreads me to try and sponge him and increase your accuracy here?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1374, syugar wrote:I don't even think you have considered the idea that I may be town here during our entire conversation in the last few hours.
In the last few hours, I probably haven't.

From the way you jumped on my wagon following catboi, the arguements you have made, the 180 to voting bella, to a 180 back to casing me has all screamed scum to me and that is all that I have been seeing.

Next time I get back on, I'll do a tunnel check

I feel a lot calmer writing this post then the others I have written tonight, moving form my computer to my bed can do that lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1375, syugar wrote:Like, what are your thoughts on Bella?
I was pretty 50/50 on the two of you until the stuff that made me really really sure that you were scum - so it is less anything that she did, and more that she suddenly looked a lot better comparatively

This will be part of the tunnel check. So, something for tomorrow.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1376, syugar wrote:Also, if you townread catboi, who I've played with for many, many years and has cultivated a townread on me, why haven't you asked him questions about why he townreads me to try and sponge him and increase your accuracy here?
Because he unvoted me, and voiced suspicion on you - so it seemed like he was unsure of his own read there, and so I was not expecting a lot of insight from him on the topic
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 5:08 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 1377, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1374, syugar wrote:I don't even think you have considered the idea that I may be town here during our entire conversation in the last few hours.
In the last few hours, I probably haven't.

From the way you jumped on my wagon following catboi, the arguements you have made, the 180 to voting bella, to a 180 back to casing me has all screamed scum to me and that is all that I have been seeing.
That bothers me, because I have been trying to explain my thought process all day, and it doesn't look like you're interested in the other aisle. I have talked and collaborated with you and admitted when I am wrong (not as first, because I was bullheaded, but I came around) and have been open to communicating and you have completely shut me out. News flash here, if we're both town and you manage to convince jpeg to elim me today, it's highly probable we're going to lose this game. You are so consumed by this singular thought that you have this solved, it's scary. That's probably the biggest thing that is making me /want/ to vote for you now. I don't feel like you have enough consideration for the endgame of a really hard match. I don't think I have been so scummy today as to have been outed to that degree.
In post 1379, Lukewarm wrote:Because he unvoted me, and voiced suspicion on you - so it seemed like he was unsure of his own read there, and so I was not expecting a lot of insight from him on the topic
That makes sense when we're reading around the first half of the day, so it isn't unbelievable. But now, 1236:
In post 1326, catboi wrote:VOTE: lukewarm

If syugar's scum after that last page, I'm snowed.

fwiw my posting today has less to do with indecision/paralysis and more an inability to focus at all to form coherent thoughts (too easily distractible). I had points I wanted to make against luke, was slightly weirded out by syugar's posting at the start of the phase (because the thought of deflated scum had entered my head) and so backed off, wanted to take time to consider things being said before making a move.
Looks pretty emphatic. I am not sure why it didn't make you curious.

And yeah, this is a good time to sleep on everything. See you tomorrow.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1380, syugar wrote:That bothers me, because I have been trying to explain my thought process all day, and it doesn't look like you're interested in the other aisle. I have talked and collaborated with you and admitted when I am wrong (not as first, because I was bullheaded, but I came around) and have been open to communicating and you have completely shut me out. News flash here, if we're both town and you manage to convince jpeg to elim me today, it's highly probable we're going to lose this game. You are so consumed by this singular thought that you have this solved, it's scary. That's probably the biggest thing that is making me /want/ to vote for you now. I don't feel like you have enough consideration for the endgame of a really hard match. I don't think I have been so scummy today as to have been outed to that degree.
This post, in my gut, feels like manipulation... Gonna add it to the list of things to look back at tomorrow.

I already said that tomorrow I will re-evaluate. I am aware that I have a tendency to get tunneled. I have been called out for it before.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by catboi »

i can't do this tonight
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by catboi »

UNVOTE:

just to be sure
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 1:17 am

Post by syugar »

Wow man, I am spent after that. lmao

I'm awake again and hovering the thread for any questions
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 2:20 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Okay, I've been trying to read posts only to realise I haven't actually processed any of the words, im exhausted right now. I know I haven't contributed much after being cleared. I have a feeling Syugar is town. He keeps saying he's gonna leave and then coming back. I know there's a thing where its assumed mafia care more about winning and might be more likely to do this but it feels not like that.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 2:22 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1385, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Okay, I've been trying to read posts only to realise I haven't actually processed any of the words, im exhausted right now. I know I haven't contributed much after being cleared. I have a feeling Syugar is town. He keeps saying he's gonna leave and then coming back. I know there's a thing where its assumed mafia care more about winning and might be more likely to do this but it feels not like that.
Sorry, I know it's a lot for a newbie game. I didn't expect the gamestate to end up this weird.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 3:56 am

Post by syugar »

Where are you at with your other reads, though?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I've read syugar and catboi in iso, now for Luke
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 5:46 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1385, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Okay, I've been trying to read posts only to realise I haven't actually processed any of the words, im exhausted right now. I know I haven't contributed much after being cleared. I have a feeling Syugar is town. He keeps saying he's gonna leave and then coming back. I know there's a thing where its assumed mafia care more about winning and might be more likely to do this but it feels not like that.
that's okay, it's not an easy position at all
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I'll be around for questions, but not feeling solving atm.

I don't really know where to go. Syugar's change in tone and approach with me towards the end of our conversation really disarmed me in a way that I am not sure how to feel about.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I'll make an effort to do some rereading tomorrow
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 7:05 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1390, Lukewarm wrote:I'll be around for questions, but not feeling solving atm.

I don't really know where to go. Syugar's change in tone and approach with me towards the end of our conversation really disarmed me in a way that I am not sure how to feel about.
I don't have any for you but it may be a good time for you to ask catboi about his read on me

I don't want to do it cuz I don't want to seem vain
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1392, syugar wrote:I don't have any for you but it may be a good time for you to ask catboi about his read on me

@catboi

will you explain your syugar read?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 8:12 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1393, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1392, syugar wrote:I don't have any for you but it may be a good time for you to ask catboi about his read on me

@catboi

in a general sense the panicked flail and rapid swinging about is a lot more of how I expect town to act in these situations
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 9:12 am

Post by syugar »

In post 1394, catboi wrote:

@catboi

in a general sense the panicked flail and rapid swinging about is a lot more of how I expect town to act in these situations
well that was unsatisfying lol
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 9:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1395, syugar wrote:
In post 1394, catboi wrote:

@catboi

well that was unsatisfying lol
story of my life
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 9:45 am

Post by catboi »

I'm spent, it's too hard to understand anything, none of the words are helpful
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 10:05 am

Post by catboi »

like in theory this is the time to shine and demonstrate to the newbies how to go about trying to figure out the game and find the last mafia, I just don't have the drive
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 11:25 am

Post by syugar »

I'm waiting for what Bella says next before I cast a vote here

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”