He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 219, the worst wrote:
vote count 1.08
Many duck fans believe that most ducks dive, but that isn't the case! Rather than diving, most ducks (like the pictured) just dabble! That's because their food sources are generally pretty close to the surface.

Roden (3): whiskey delta, hutmeil, Greeting
furtiveglance (2): 72offsuit, Roden
hutmeil (1): Tidus of the X

Not Voting (3): Malakittens, Alianna, furtiveglance

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach an elimination.

Day one will end in (expired on 2022-06-04 10:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • quack.
In post 223, furtiveglance wrote:As for my vote, I think E-1 would be a bit hasty. If you currently had 2 votes, I'd vote you.
VOTE: Furtive
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

1) It's just the way I read the interaction

2) You're talking a lot which is better than some. If you vote Tidus or 72offsuit, I'll consider voting with you. If you stay on me I'll probably end up voting you.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 4:34 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 225, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 219, the worst wrote:
vote count 1.08
Many duck fans believe that most ducks dive, but that isn't the case! Rather than diving, most ducks (like the pictured) just dabble! That's because their food sources are generally pretty close to the surface.

Roden (3): whiskey delta, hutmeil, Greeting
furtiveglance (2): 72offsuit, Roden

Not Voting (3): Malakittens, Alianna, furtiveglance

Mod notes:
  • quack.
In post 223, furtiveglance wrote:As for my vote, I think E-1 would be a bit hasty. If you currently had 2 votes, I'd vote you.
VOTE: Furtive
Have I committed some kind of mafia cardinal sin?
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

Furtive seems towny to me for keeping it below E-1(it's a pretty towny thing to do to stop the potential to hammer until the town's decided where I first played)
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 196, Roden wrote:There isn't much else going on, Hutmeil answered the prod then disappeared again. There are several people defending them, but they aren't really doing anything to defend themself. If it gives you pause that I'm "going against the grain", then you should be questioning why Hutmeil simply isn't playing and is staying silent as you all attack me.

Also, how exactly am I discrediting the town reads on Hutmeil? What did I say that was incorrect?
I can't say much else about Hutmeil until they post but we are not on the same page there as things stand, so hence the friction.

You said in "I think the reason they're getting town read is a poor reason, since it comes from self-preservation rather than any attempts to actually analyze the player" regarding Hutmeil being TR by other players while you were voting against them. Who was doing what you are describing here? This is what I mean by discrediting because I don't think your account matches how things actually played out.
In post 197, Roden wrote:
In post 194, whiskey delta wrote:If hutmeil is Town then you appear to be scum fabricating a case against them.
?

Why is this the only possible outcome?
It's not, obviously. When I say you appear to be I am speaking from my POV. The reason I find you scummy is because of how you cased Hutmeil and how your reason changes each time you mention them. You voted originally for pressure, then called them opportunistic, and now you are lumping in activity tells.

You have backed off at this point but I agree that there is not much else to discuss about Hutmeil until they post again.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 228, Tidus of the X wrote:Furtive seems towny to me for keeping it below E-1(it's a pretty towny thing to do to stop the potential to hammer until the town's decided where I first played)
Generally I would agree but that is exactly why I switched to see if FG will follow thru on their
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

My two SRs suddenly turning on each other is an interesting twist that I'm gonna have to sleep on
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 6:44 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 231, whiskey delta wrote:My two SRs suddenly turning on each other is an interesting twist that I'm gonna have to sleep on
I don't really get why I was a scumread initially, but that aside, this comment looks like you thought you had solved the game with me/Roden. Which is a terrible solve.

VOTE: Roden
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 232, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 231, whiskey delta wrote:My two SRs suddenly turning on each other is an interesting twist that I'm gonna have to sleep on
I don't really get why I was a scumread initially, but that aside, this comment looks like you thought you had solved the game with me/Roden. Which is a terrible solve.

LMAO perhaps so… I would be lying if I said I hadn’t entertained the idea already, but then again I figured your vote could end up here going back to so I suppose it’s not all that surprising after all. I have been wondering when or if it would ever come which is also part of why I forced the issue.

What I really mean is you and Roden cross voting and being tied at E-2 is good info for now and later on. I don’t expect to be 2/2 but I also don’t think I’m 0/2. It’s a toss up until I’ve had more time process and see others weigh in.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 8:04 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.09
Some ducks, like the long-tailed duck, actually do dive! They can use their large feet to paddle, and can squeeze their feathers close together to expel air bubbles.

furtiveglance (3): 72offsuit, Roden, whiskey delta
Roden (3): hutmeil, Greeting, furtiveglance

Not Voting (2): Malakittens, Alianna

Mod notes:
  • quack.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 233, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 232, furtiveglance wrote:

LMAO perhaps so… I would be lying if I said I hadn’t entertained the idea already, but then again I figured your vote could end up here going back to so I suppose it’s not all that surprising after all. I have been wondering when or if it would ever come which is also part of why I forced the issue.

What I really mean is you and Roden cross voting and being tied at E-2 is good info for now and later on. I don’t expect to be 2/2 but I also don’t think I’m 0/2. It’s a toss up until I’ve had more time process and see others weigh in.
I don't really appreciate you laughing away at me like the Joker when my place in the game is at stake. Switching from Roden to me makes it look you don't care which of us goes. If this isn't Town/Town, you need to choose one of us rather than going "both of these are scummy, idk". It's making me consider you setting up miscondemns.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:34 am

Post by whiskey delta »

Easy, it’s just a game after all. I am laughing at you calling my read terrible, to be specific. Like I said, it could be, but before this latest development it seemed you were reluctant to vote Roden despite them being in your POE so maybe it’s not so terrible or I’m just thrown off because you telegraphed this a while ago but only now have come around to it.

I have time to consider you both more. Putting you at E-2 and forcing you to call your own bluff and put my other SR at E-2 is beneficial to me and to the game state. I’d like to see others weigh in before I do anything else, like I already stated. No one has yet. For where we were 5-6 pages ago this is great stuff.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 3:04 am

Post by whiskey delta »

“switching from Roden to me makes it look like you don’t care which of us goes”

I would say pushing both of my D1 SRs is exactly what I should be doing here. Not having a definitive answer because it’s page 10 of D1 doesn’t mean I don’t care. More wagons equal more info and if swapping between two players I can see either being scum generates more then that is a good thing.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:00 am

Post by whiskey delta »

Let me clarify further so you at least have a better idea of where I am regarding you both. Independently I find you both scummy for reasons I have laid out. Whatever team tells I was seeing could admittedly just be conf bias as I tend to get ahead of myself sometimes and can be pretty confident in my reads once I get going

It is not lost upon me that after I mentioned a willingness to swap to you if necessary that Roden - as lead wagon - pivoted to you shortly after when it was apparent the hutmeil push was getting a lot of static and with no prior mention. I think this looks ~bad but maybe it’s genuine and they are spreading focus elsewhere like they stated. Between the two of you, I think Roden has an upper hand at the moment because of the points they are bringing up. Several of your reads have flopped without much to point to as the reason and other moves seem to lack conviction imo, sort of like you are doing them just for the sake of it. Even now, it feels more like you’re voting Roden because you were called out for it rather than because you actually think they could be a wolf.

Last post until this evening unless someone responds to me directly. I’d like others to start weighing in since I feel you, me, and Roden have been the loudest over the last several pages.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 8:01 am

Post by hutmeil »

Does anyone have a TLDR? lol

Anyway, I'm still learning how to use the forum, especially the ISO (cool). Will ISO then probably post again later.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 188, Malakittens wrote:UUUUUUUUUUUUUH

where he did write its not in ypour scum meta

i personally havent played scum w/ you so this feels off compared to my other games that had town!you in it.
My thoughts exactly. I do not know all of
Roden
's meta, but this doesn't match his town games that I know of.
In post 187, Roden wrote: What makes the Hutmeil scum read bad faith? Can you explain that?
I called out
hutmeil
on their low effort post (). The response and the thinking process is towny (). I am far more inclined to believe that this is genuine progress on their part and, in my opinion, it should warrant an early townread. Your vote on them in was justified. However, you didn't seem to have taken into account their posts in between your vote and post , where you attacked them for discussing PRs. How else were they supposed to explain themselves, when being asked about it, if not by discussing the existing PRs claims when that is what caused the discussion to happen in the first place?

This is why this read is in bad faith,
Roden
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Greeting »

Also, this is not
Mala
's scum game. I have played with her when she was scum and she blatantly doesn't enjoy playing as scum. She's very likely town here.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:57 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 228, Tidus of the X wrote:Furtive seems towny to me for keeping it below E-1(it's a pretty towny thing to do to stop the potential to hammer until the town's decided where I first played)
Care to expand on that? What do you think of
Roden
, the second major suspect?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Again, not really completely set on hutmeil!town.
He disappeared after his vote on Roden.
I will say there's a good chance if one of them flip scum they probably aren't aligned.

I just hate that hutmeil, Tidus & 72 are basically null for me.
Greeting is my strongest town read tho. I like Alianna on premises.
Roden is sketching me out, but I'm torn between both him and FG. FG is a strong player as either alignment and FG knows what to look out for in terms of me trying to catch him now so I don't see him replicating that since he's aware of it.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 241, Greeting wrote:Also, this is not
Mala
's scum game. I have played with her when she was scum and she blatantly doesn't enjoy playing as scum. She's very likely town here.
Eh, it depends on the time of day with me liking being scum.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

It's a massive problem that 72offsuit and Tidus of the X aren't talking more. They've entered my scumpool by process of elimination.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Out of the more active seven of us, I can only really see Roden and Alianna being mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Alianna »

Yep, Roden sus.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 27
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Alianna »

Only one more ISO to do and then I'll have a readslist.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Alianna »

whiskey delta

I disagree with their furtive read, but otherwise I think they’ve made a lot of sense.
Also made active attempts to move the game forward.
I like what they’ve said about wanting others to weigh in. The focus here seems to be on solving the game rather than controlling the game.

Greeting

This.
In post 195, furtiveglance wrote:Something about the tone, it's wary, and guarded, but it in a towny way. As if they're constantly on the lookout for mafia.
Not the first time I’ve quoted furtive in a readslist.
Also liked a lot.

Malakittens

Idk how to word my TR so I’m going to call it town vibes.

hutmeil

Still think they’re probably just newbtown. I’d also wager they’re never getting NKed.

furtiveglance

Mostly because I think their sus on Roden is justified and I don’t think there’s a good reason to SR them at the moment.

72offsuit

Has done nothing AI.
On an unrelated note, I think you need to fix your formatting. When you quote stuff, make sure your post doesn’t include every post you’ve ever quoted.
And please post more.

Tidus of the X

Could be lurky scum, could be lurky town. I can’t read a player off three posts of content. and are very low effort, had a point, and the rest is fluff.
And also please post more.

Roden

Okay, here goes.
feels a little disingenuous. As Greeting pointed out, he scumread hutmeil for talking about PRs while not acknowledging that they were asked by whiskey delta to expand on and answering would require them to do so.
In post 167, Roden wrote:Hutmeil is getting town read because no one really wants to rock the boat in newbie games. It's easier to defend someone than attack them, it typically gets you town read and lessens attention on yourself compared to those who go on the offensive. People are going to criticize Hut's play but hesitate to vote there, since they're giving off the appearance of a clueless townie.
In post 185, Roden wrote:I don't think that they're town, I just understand why they're getting town read. No matter Hutmeil's actual alignment, I think the reason they're getting town read is a poor reason, since it comes from self-preservation rather than any attempts to actually analyze the player.
This is interesting. Roden has projected a very scummy mindset onto the people townreading hutmeil. At that point, those people were Greeting, furtive, and I - we can’t all be scum. If hutmeil is scum like Roden thinks, then only one of us can be scum. I don’t think there’s any basis to claim that town are TRing hutmeil out of self-preservation. These posts look like they’re just trying to discredit townreads on a town player.
is when Roden voted furtive. Previously, he’s only expressed mild suspicion. There isn’t much wrong with the post itself but I don’t like that it only happened after I expressed some doubts about furtive. And then it’s like he almost forgot about hutmeil.
I don’t personally know Roden’s meta, but the fact that more than one person sees a difference from his normal towngame could be a red flag.
Overall, sus.

This is E-1. Do not hammer without declaring intent and allowing time for a claim.

I feel like I have too many townreads so I’m probably going to re-evaluate some of those after today’s flip. Right now wouldn’t vote for anyone in the green though.
I townread Alianna.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”