Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 397, furtiveglance wrote:Which reads did you flip?
You and Alianna, as it were. Not directly correlated to each other, but I am leaning more Town on you so your read on her does impact mine to a degree. So does 72's. I would be lying if I said I wasn't sponging their read but I think they could be on the right track with Alianna/Greeting/hutmeil roughly.

The short and dirty:
I think the way you have largely approached the D1 blunder has been Townie. Instead of switching gears onto me after Roden's reveal and him pressuring you to do so - which there was plenty of opportunity to do - you stayed consistent on your other reads. You also hesitated to vote Roden until I forced you by switching and making you the vote leader instead.

Simply put I think I was too quick to TR Alianna and could have been pocketed instead. I am bothered that she had me at the top of her TRs after I did the same with her first. 72's post (idr the number right now) pointing out the odd read Greeting made on that slot that has me really tinfoiling. Both of those players fit the criteria of what I think scum would look like who were largely out of the spotlight on D1. Both helped to wagon the Cop to E-1 while my big mouth did most of the arguing too.

In post 398, Roden wrote:That's not how that works. If Alianna was scum and knew Furtive was town, she would just sheep the Cop and blame my bad reads once they flip town. Instead, she's showing hesitance, since she's afraid of being wrong and feels pressured to get this vote right. This is a town mindset.

All Furtive and Whiskey care about is making sure each other survive. They don't care if they vote correctly or not, as long as they don't die. This is a scum mindset.
Or could be newbscum who in the span of a few hours went from zero pressure to vote leader and aren't sure how to proceed because they know a FG!town flip would make them look worse after also being on the Cop wagon. She can't just eat this elim if she's scum but she also can't just wagon onto one of her TR's without it looking sketchy.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 399, furtiveglance wrote:Roden, I don't know how many times I can say this, but me/whiskey delta is just not it. You're searching for ghosts, man. I'm worried that you're going to derail this game for us if you keep the blinkers on.

My preferred options for today's elimination are Alianna/hutmeil. If you would rather do hutmeil, I'll switch. Otherwise my vote stays.
You wanted me dead because I scum read Hitmeil, but now you're fine voting there? What happened to that read?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.13
Ducks' bills are sensitive! They have many touch receptors, making them kinda like hands or palms!

Alianna (3): 72offsuit, whiskey delta, furtiveglance
furtiveglance (1): Roden
hutmeil (1): Tidus of the X

Not Voting (4): Malakittens, hutmeil, Greeting, Alianna

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach an elimination.

Day one will end in (expired on 2022-06-04 10:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • quack.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

It changed. Reads change. I know you think that's scummy, but I'm trying to keep you updated as best I can. I thought hutmeil was newbtown but no longer think so. They aren't talking like a noob, and it unnerves me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 400, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 397, furtiveglance wrote:Which reads did you flip?
You and Alianna, as it were. Not directly correlated to each other, but I am leaning more Town on you so your read on her does impact mine to a degree. So does 72's. I would be lying if I said I wasn't sponging their read but I think they could be on the right track with Alianna/Greeting/hutmeil roughly.

The short and dirty:
I think the way you have largely approached the D1 blunder has been Townie. Instead of switching gears onto me after Roden's reveal and him pressuring you to do so - which there was plenty of opportunity to do - you stayed consistent on your other reads. You also hesitated to vote Roden until I forced you by switching and making you the vote leader instead.

Simply put I think I was too quick to TR Alianna and could have been pocketed instead. I am bothered that she had me at the top of her TRs after I did the same with her first. 72's post (idr the number right now) pointing out the odd read Greeting made on that slot that has me really tinfoiling. Both of those players fit the criteria of what I think scum would look like who were largely out of the spotlight on D1. Both helped to wagon the Cop to E-1 while my big mouth did most of the arguing too.

In post 398, Roden wrote:That's not how that works. If Alianna was scum and knew Furtive was town, she would just sheep the Cop and blame my bad reads once they flip town. Instead, she's showing hesitance, since she's afraid of being wrong and feels pressured to get this vote right. This is a town mindset.

All Furtive and Whiskey care about is making sure each other survive. They don't care if they vote correctly or not, as long as they don't die. This is a scum mindset.
Or could be newbscum who in the span of a few hours went from zero pressure to vote leader and aren't sure how to proceed because they know a FG!town flip would make them look worse after also being on the Cop wagon. She can't just eat this elim if she's scum but she also can't just wagon onto one of her TR's without it looking sketchy.
Are you seriously trying to claim scum would rather die than miselim a townie because it's more suspicious to vote than die??
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 403, furtiveglance wrote:It changed. Reads change. I know you think that's scummy, but I'm trying to keep you updated as best I can. I thought hutmeil was newbtown but no longer think so. They aren't talking like a noob, and it unnerves me.
If that were true, why did you double down on your town read on Hutmeil when I made that exact same argument earlier before my Cop claim?
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

The Day isn’t over yet, Roden. You’re getting ahead of yourself. Let’s see where the people who aren’t voting actually vote first before declaring them Townie or not.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 322, Roden wrote:
In post 318, whiskey delta wrote:For FG I think part of it is that they aren’t scum reading me tbh but also
because I was so wrong about you
I am doubting my scum (and town) reads more generally.

Looking at the wagons at the time of your claim is what is really making me reconsider.
Wait.

Is this TMI?
In post 323, Roden wrote:
In post 298, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 185, Roden wrote:
In post 170, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 167, Roden wrote:
In post 129, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 126, Roden wrote:I think it's safe to assume that giving scum info about town PRs was considered anti-town play even a decade ago.
Is this the part where you double down on your pressure vote and turn it into a scum case?

I’d be curious to your thoughts on the reasons hutmeil is being TR by others and where you stand on that
I'll have further things to say on Hutmeil when they respond and offer more content.

Hutmeil is getting town read because no one really wants to rock the boat in newbie games. It's easier to defend someone than attack them, it typically gets you town read and lessens attention on yourself compared to those who go on the offensive. People are going to criticize Hut's play but hesitate to vote there, since they're giving off the appearance of a clueless townie.

Regardless of Hutmeil's alignment, scum won't be pushing there and will almost certainly white knight the slot. If Hut is scum, their play is just there to obfuscate the game state and make it a slog to solve people. If they're town, they will get white knight'd extra hard, and scum will let them lead the charge on OMGUS counter wagons so that Hut will take the heat every time town gets flipped.
This is an interesting point. My initial response is that you earlier scumread Hutmeil and backed it up, but now seem to be acknowledging that they're townread. Do you now think they're town, or am I wrongly inferring that?

You say regardless of Hutmeil's alignment, but scum can only 'white knight' a town player, surely?
I don't think that they're town, I just understand why they're getting town read. No matter Hutmeil's actual alignment, I think the reason they're getting town read is a poor reason, since it comes from self-preservation rather than any attempts to actually analyze the player.

Also, scum can white knight each other, because unless the town knows who the exact scum team is, no one can tell the difference between white knighting and defending a partner.
Lunchtime post, only up to 185 sry peeps, will read further tonight, probs in about 6-8 hours
In post 250, Roden wrote:I'm a Cop.

Now kill Furtive.
72 didn't see my Cop claim yet lmao
Whiskey never denied this.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 406, whiskey delta wrote:The Day isn’t over yet, Roden. You’re getting ahead of yourself. Let’s see where the people who aren’t voting actually vote first before declaring them Townie or not.
Conftowns aren't allowed to have town reads now huh
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 408, Roden wrote:
In post 406, whiskey delta wrote:The Day isn’t over yet, Roden. You’re getting ahead of yourself. Let’s see where the people who aren’t voting actually vote first before declaring them Townie or not.
This doesn't even make sense because you and Furtive are hard defending each other even though you were supposedly each other's only scum reads

Like you're outright telling me I can't town read people and that only you are Furtive are allowed to do so
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

I can’t with you anymore.

See you post game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

22 hours til deadline
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 376, hutmeil wrote:After quick-reading pages 11-15, I'm inclined to either vote for:

Tidus/72off (lurkers)

or

Furtive (in my scummy list plus being pushed by PR)

Has anyone counter-claimed yet? I haven't checked in detail. Once he's confirmed cop, I'll most probably vote for Furtive since we got more info from him being eliminated than the lurkers.

I find it interesting though that 72off suddenly came to life this past few pages after getting a vote.
Scummy.
Instead of interacting with my posts and the content in them, keeps me lumped in with tidus as a lurker and also actively discouraging town from posting by shading me for being active.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 376, hutmeil wrote:After quick-reading pages 11-15, I'm inclined to either vote for:

Tidus/72off (lurkers)

or

Has anyone counter-claimed yet? I haven't checked in detail. Once he's confirmed cop, I'll most probably vote for Furtive since we got more info from him being eliminated than the lurkers.

I find it interesting though that 72off suddenly came to life this past few pages after getting a vote.
@ Whiskey and Roden and Furtive, thanks for the active posting, it's kept the pace of the game going. The start was really boring for me.

It's going to be tough reading hut and tidus, if they are town they seem unlikely to be nightkills. Id prefer Alianna elim, but can compromise on elim of Tidus or Hut
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Accidental quote. My lunchtime phone posting sux.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 409, Roden wrote:
In post 408, Roden wrote:
This doesn't even make sense because you and Furtive are hard defending each other even though you were supposedly each other's only scum reads

Like you're outright telling me I can't town read people and that only you are Furtive are allowed to do so
whiskey has never been my only scumread. I flip-flopped a bit, and agreed with you something they did was weird/scummy before, but I townread them now.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 412, 72offsuit wrote:

Tidus/72off (lurkers)

or

Scummy.
Instead of interacting with my posts and the content in them, keeps me lumped in with tidus as a lurker and also actively discouraging town from posting by shading me for being active.
Yeah. I'm wondering if hutmeil is the better vote today.........
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

I maintain I think Tidus would be trying harder as scum. He’s made one vote all game and is largely just calling out Townie play when he posts. POE bait for sure but not a priority to me right now. I’d go hutmeil first in a run off
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

What do other people think regarding Alianna/hutmeil?
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Tidus/72off (lurkers)

or

In post 417, whiskey delta wrote:I maintain I think Tidus would be trying harder as scum. He’s made one vote all game and is largely just calling out Townie play when he posts. POE bait for sure but not a priority to me right now. I’d go hutmeil first in a run off
Sure, I'm happy with this, can narrow it down to Alianna and Hutmeil
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 369, whiskey delta wrote:72’s reads are so anti consensus I think they’re worth considering. Like I said earlier, consensus nearly led to the Cop getting elimmed and if scum I think 72 just stays parked on FG here instead of starting an entirely new wagon.

I’m crazy enough to follow too

VOTE: Alianna

Time for fire drill
Sure, but did u consider Furtive and I,
being partners in crime,
Directing away votes so he doesn't die,
Look at that, another rhyme,
Ask yourself why,
I'm right on time!
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

And yes I initially planned to meme rhyme all game long.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

1) too much effort
2) I'm sure it would get annoying fasr
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 421, 72offsuit wrote:And yes I initially planned to meme rhyme all game long.
I wish you'd done so lol.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 27
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 418, furtiveglance wrote:What do other people think regarding Alianna/hutmeil?
Still not scumreading hutmeil.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 27
On hiatus from playing mafia.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”