Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:37 am

Post by Vasex »

chepside, could you please stop voting somnus? i don't think anybody of you two is a scum
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:39 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Vasex, you almost have the game figured out on page 7.

I'm impressed.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:44 am

Post by Vasex »

i did it on the second, but i still don't know how is with you

my townreads: somnus, cheapside, bosco, maybe bella, rad
some of them are not very townie, but i don't want to elim them
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 am

Post by Vasex »

In post 152, Vasex wrote:i still don't know how is with you
who is with you
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:54 am

Post by Spartan117 »

I get a feeling of truthfulness on Somnus's scumhunting pressing on Vasex, one thing Somnus would struggle with being his first townie game is to find legitimate reads.
As scum it doesnt matter if your reads dont actually result in an elim its more about deception and shifting blame or attention elsewhere away from the scum team, town can miselim someone so long as scum keep the attention off themselves.
So when we are town our reads matter more and is then on everyone else to try and distinguish whos reads are trying to scumhunt and whos are casting a shroud or push attention elsewhere.
This is partly why I feel it is more townie to not care if you are scumread and play to get reactions and get reads from people even if it results in you being eliminated because that gives town more to work with Day 2 rather than flat stagnant Day 1 with no leads for Day 2.

Personally I am town leaning Somnus, Vasex and Cheapside.

I am mostly null on the other slots need to spend more time analysing Bella and Toffees posts, I dont see how there is enough to get much of a read from Bosco, Whiskey and Cheapside although I liked Cheapsides posts. I felt a townie lean on Italiano but im not so sure on his replacement Toffee

Currently I am happy to put my vote on VOTE: Rad
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:24 am

Post by Rad »

Good morning! Hooray, look at that, we have activity.
In post 113, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Day One's are boring though and I'd like to speed the process up.

Is there anything interesting in the 5 pages that you think I should read?
So this guy comes in first thing, uninterested in reading a meager 5 pages to catch up, tries to get a wagon vote going with the basis of "nothing else to do day 1", lays a vote on Somnus because he "respects his scum game" of which the guy's had a whole 2 wins and 1 loss... and in the process paints himself as scum. I was already leaning scum on Italiano, who he's replacing.

VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee
In post 139, Bellaphant wrote: More worried about rad, tbh. I flip from massively town reading them one post to having to check it's still the same slot next post as I find it so odd.
Curious which post flipped your opinion on me. You're a town read to me currently, so I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

I'd like to see some more feedback from mq.bosco. Ideally more useful than her last posts. I know you want to lurk mq.bosco (as a self proclaimed "lazy poster") but I don't think that's very helpful to town. There's plenty of content now to react to.
Cheapside
Cheapside
He
Townie
Cheapside
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:31 am

Post by Cheapside »

Spoiler: replies to Rad
In post 91, Rad wrote:Wake up town. Low activity is generally bad for town. Scum wants to lurk. It's hard for scum to create pro-town conversation and avoid scum slips.

Some questions for people:

1. Do you agree that low activity is bad for town?
2. What general time per day can we expect your input?
3. Who do you think has the most relevant input so far? How about the least relevant input?
1. Yes, although overly high activity can completely destroy town's will to play or ability to scumhunt constructively, so I'm ok with this level.
2. 8am GMT - 2am GMT, sporadically.
3. Relevant to the game? Somnus, easily. He said he thought we should elim someone, and that it was strange that we didn't.

In post 150, Vasex wrote:chepside, could you please stop voting somnus? i don't think anybody of you two is a scum
Fair enough, I have what I wanted from the Somnus interaction, and he's mostly calmed down about it.
UNVOTE: Somnus

Time to go through the players briefly.

Spoiler: mostly undeveloped reads
Somnus
: Honestly confusing. Guess I'd better look through their scum games at some point. In some ways I'd expect weirder takes from Town!Somnus than Scum!Somnus. Irritation seems genuine.
Bellaphant
: active, worked through the Vasex thing, tried to calm things down, stop anything exploding D1. Probably town unless scum with Somnus or very keen on eliminating a strong town player.
Vasex
: meming but active, helped create content. Also townread me rapidly, so definitely town.
Rad
: Dubious, lots of fluff with little commitment - weak general or uninteresting questions, calls to town to post more, kinda nothingy posts like , , . I'm leaning scum. Okay, his last post was a commitment, it was a vote on blue and a weak attack on mq. The other way around might have been
something
, but...
Italiano/BlueBlooded
: Not sure. Italiano pointing out that nobody picked up on his joking scumclaim... weird. Odd try for townie-points? Blue agressively pushing for a wagon, feels like a strong vet, won't be easily read D1.
mqbosco
: she hasn't been around a great deal. Interactions have involved noncomittal townreads. Without more posts to actually base an analysis on,
I would actively seek the elimination here
. I've seen scum lurk to a win before, it's not a fun time.
whiskydelta
: has... four posts? Haven't found a way to filter the thread for their posts. Hasn't done much. Would be my policy elimination if we didn't have less from mqbosco. Need to see more.
Jackal/Spartan
: Obviously jackal doesn't exist. Spartan hasn't had time for much yet but I like his posting style. Odd that he feels the need to monologue on what's happening, but hey, maybe that's just how he gets his thoughts together. Townlean on the newer players, esp. me, a bit suspect. It's not like I'm going to just do what he likes because he townread me. Aaaaanyway,

VOTE: Rad.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:41 am

Post by Rad »

In post 123, Somnus wrote:
In post 121, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:What is your opinion of your scum-game, Somnus?
Generally cautious Day 1 because losing 1 of the 2 maf in a 9'er on Day 1 is an absolute disaster. Usually open up more as the game progresses. I dunno. Exciting but stressful.
I will say that even though I have a slight scum read on you, your sort of reckless activity was the thing making you just suspicious to me instead of a straight out vote. So it's nice to hear you explain what I thought I could be seeing. That said, another explanation is you're tired of being mafia and in order to avoid the stress, you're just going to yolo this game.

Coming out of your last game as scum, before you got your role for this game, how were you planning on approaching this game if you drew scum again? I remember pulling mafia a few games in a row back in the day and remember this thought weighing heavily on my mind when deciding if i wanted to even join another game or give it a break for a while.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:52 am

Post by whiskey delta »

I’ll dig into this game later tonight and over the weekend. Other stuff has higher priority right now
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@rad, I said most of what I wanted to say in response to bbt about you ; I like your longer, content posts but your 'wake up town' and trying to extend rqs feels really pointless and 'look at me, I'm so town' (lamist).
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:08 am

Post by Rad »

In post 156, Cheapside wrote:
Rad
: Dubious, lots of fluff with little commitment - weak general or uninteresting questions, calls to town to post more, kinda nothingy posts like , , . I'm leaning scum. Okay, his last post was a commitment, it was a vote on blue and a weak attack on mq. The other way around might have been
something
, but...
I'd like to respond to your assessment of me directly.

My posts and reasons:
- I was curious what his response would be. Aren't you? I mean, if someone jumped on him for his obvious joke, how would you read that? I would read it null. So what was his goal? I was trying to get him to explain it openly which would be good content IMO (particularly because I don't think there could have been a good explanation, making his whole plan obvious nonsense fluff trying to look useful).

- I felt his list had no real use beyond getting people to talk, which isn't necessarily scummy considering we were at the start of day 1, but explaining more about why he chose those questions in particular could create content. It's very difficult for scum to explain something like that in my experience.

- Again, I'm trying to get him to explain why no one jumping on him even matters. Someone jumping on him for that isn't a scum tell, so what's his point? I wanted him to spell it out so we can understand him better.

I have a null read on you right now, though this assessment post is better than your first, where I felt you were just summarizing events (an easy way to look useful). I'm going to have to read it a few times over the course of the day so I can better understand your thoughts on everyone else, but I wanted to get a response about your thoughts of me out there sooner than later.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:18 am

Post by Rad »

In post 159, Bellaphant wrote:@rad, I said most of what I wanted to say in response to bbt about you ; I like your longer, content posts but your 'wake up town' and trying to extend rqs feels really pointless and 'look at me, I'm so town' (lamist).
Fair. Scum can do that too, for sure. I did try to get the activity ball rolling though with my questions about when people can be expected to be more active, and trying to get everyone to agree that lurker town is dead town. Maybe I jumped the gun and lurking wasn't really going to be a big issue here, but I had just seen 12 hours pass with nothing happening at all, and our most active poster (somnus) was taking a 24 hour break for the sake of us talking about something else besides him and vasex (not helpful imo, just reinforces lurker town). Looks like most of the activity might end up happening while I'm sleeping :lol:
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:27 am

VOTE: Rad

You used the other slash.
Last edited by humaneatingmonkey on Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:28 am

I don't know what I did wrong... It's been a while...
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:29 am

Post by Rad »

In post 149, Vasex wrote:ok, mq.bosco is townie
How are you getting this read? She has posted very little and her posts read null to me.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:29 am

Post by Rad »

In post 163, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't know what I did wrong... It's been a while...
Spell out vote instead of just v
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:31 am

Pretty sure I only used v before, not sure what's happened.

Will let Mod sort it. I just voted for you, though.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:33 am

Post by Rad »

In post 166, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Pretty sure I only used v before, not sure what's happened.

Will let Mod sort it. I just voted for you, though.
Yes, I know you did :lol: You should probably explain why, but hey, that's your call, scum :D
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:34 am

You voted for me.

So I voted you back.

Plus, I like wagons.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:35 am

Post by Rad »

In post 168, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You voted for me.

So I voted you back.

Plus, I like wagons.
At least you're consistent :thumbsup:
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:40 am

In post 162, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Rad

You used the other slash.
My bad haha.

Mod, can we get a VC on next page please? :)
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Vasex »

In post 164, Rad wrote:
In post 149, Vasex wrote:ok, mq.bosco is townie
How are you getting this read? She has posted very little and her posts read null to me.
yeah it is difficult with her in every game
but she scumreads italiano a bit, and he votes her and he is lying that they are together in one PT, so I guess he is just scum, and she is not
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:44 am

Aw man, the above is a really bad post.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:45 am

If someone with more town cred than myself could explain why, I would be eternally grateful.
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:50 am

Post by Vasex »

you are rather nervous that i sr you, aren't you?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”