Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 188, skitter30 wrote:I'm not sure i like this - and i've never played with meuh / wouldnt necessarily expect them to have this perception of me

I actually find this a little alarming but i'm not sure if i dont like this because its about me or not
also on this - regardless of meta (which I wasn't supposing Meuh had either, just pointing out my own experience with you as scum), do you think it's reasonable for town to be confidently calling you town on "good vibes" at that point?

I'm usually gonna want to be suspicious of the people that too easily townread me
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

like, Meuh says she thinks Beat is town, thinks you're town and has no issue with your push on Beat

says she thinks Isis is town, has no issue with Cakez vote on Isis and actually grills me for calling it out

this is the behavior I'm pointing to when I say Meuh is looking more to make buddies than find scum, usually townies are at least somewhat suspicious of people voting and casing their townreads
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 198, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 190, skitter30 wrote:Nor this, lowkey feel like you're wk-ing isis?

At first i thought partners, bur i'm not sure you'd go out on a limb like this for a partner so then i thought wk-ing
I see people making bad/lazy votes, I call it out

if you think I'm WKing, that means you would think Isis is town in that world, does that change your view of Cakez vote at all?

the goal of WKing is usually to make yourself look good when the WK-ee is revealed to be town, do you think my play is currently accomplishing that?
If isis is town i'm a little more suspicious of cakez, yes
I guess for isis - i feel more like you're defending her than challenging bad votes, which is why i suppose i feel like you're defending her

And i'm not sure what your goal is - like i said my first thought was that you're defending a partner. You just seem to be defending her a lot and i dont know why
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 200, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 188, skitter30 wrote:I'm not sure i like this - and i've never played with meuh / wouldnt necessarily expect them to have this perception of me

I actually find this a little alarming but i'm not sure if i dont like this because its about me or not
also on this - regardless of meta (which I wasn't supposing Meuh had either, just pointing out my own experience with you as scum), do you think it's reasonable for town to be confidently calling you town on "good vibes" at that point?

I'm usually gonna want to be suspicious of the people that too easily townread me
- if they know me, def not
- if they dont know me, maybe, people townread me for bad reasons often, and it comes from both town and scum so i dont find this inherently bad

I dont think i've done much ai - i was questioning the isis townread more cuz i'd put her in the first bucket, and that's why i was asking ari about cakez cuz i would probably put him there as well

And i guess - what do u think abt the fact that both isis/cakez are townreading me? You're focusing on meuh's and that's the one i'm least concerned about for reasons above
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 152, GuiltyLion wrote:she's really tricky as scum
This is the bit i find alarming,to clarify ^

Feels a little like pre-emptively trying to prevent a tr on me

I am acknowledging that i might just feel this way about this cuz its about me, it is possible i'm reading too much into this
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 201, GuiltyLion wrote:like, Meuh says she thinks Beat is town, thinks you're town and has no issue with your push on Beat

says she thinks Isis is town, has no issue with Cakez vote on Isis and actually grills me for calling it out

this is the behavior I'm pointing to when I say Meuh is looking more to make buddies than find scum, usually townies are at least somewhat suspicious of people voting and casing their townreads
I mean there wasnt that much to my push on beat
And liie i dont think these are *significant* contradictions given the state of the game we're at
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

Ok i'm bouncing - i *might* post a little more this afternoon but otherwise wont be around until monday night
Show
Hiatus once more.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

meh I think some of that "too much defending" feeling is cause Meuh was saying my post sucked and challenging me on why I was asking Cakez about it, but fair enough

I do think Cakez townreading you is also bad yah, I would think after years of playing this game he would not be so trusting

Isis, meh felt like it was just giving a random read rather than meant to push the game any sort of which way from it so I care less about it.

the main reason I focused on Meuh though was what I tried to show in my quoted posts, she disagrees and pushes back on your Beat read but then just goes "skitter town :cool:" immediately afterwards despite you doubling down on it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

it makes me wonder what her purpose was in probing you about Beat, it wasn't to change your mind since she dropped it afterwards, and I guess I don't see how it would really have helped her sort you either. no pressure, no clear re-evaluation on her end
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 208, GuiltyLion wrote:it makes me wonder what her purpose was in probing you about Beat, it wasn't to change your mind since she dropped it afterwards, and I guess I don't see how it would really have helped her sort you either. no pressure, no clear re-evaluation on her end
Since when did I probe Skitter on Beat?
I'll be real, I don't really care about the Beat push. :lol:
I posted because to me Skitter was pretty clearly wrong about the intent behind Beat's vote.
was because I was prompted to look into Beat. A few things slightly pinged me town there
I think you're overestimating how involved I ever was with that push, it's just kinda there for me
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 209, Meuh wrote:I posted 79 because to me Skitter was pretty clearly wrong about the intent behind Beat's vote.
I guess maybe the thing I really want to ask here is - do you think Skitter being wrong about the intent of Beat's vote is town-indicative, or just completely NAI? What felt off to me the way you posted and Skitter disagreed with you and reaffirmed she scumread Beat yet you then landed on a townread, I didn't understand the thought process of how that question and her answer lead to your read. But if 79 for you was nothing beyond clarifying a misconception then I might have less of an issue with it
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:14 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 201, GuiltyLion wrote:like, Meuh says she thinks Beat is town, thinks you're town and has no issue with your push on Beat

I play this game from the basic standpoint of everyone being a well-intentioned VT. I also tend to townhunt more than scumhunt, and that works out better for me. I'm not particularly interested in changing that. It's fair to be weary of though, especially considering the setup tbh.

The vote from Cakez I haven't given much thought to. I just saw your post and immediately alarms were ringing in my heads, so I felt the need to call it out. :cool:
The Ugly Fruit
The Ugly Fruit
He/Him
Townie
The Ugly Fruit
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:25 am

Post by The Ugly Fruit »

In post 74, marcistar wrote:
In post 69, the worst wrote:pretty sure that's 3/3 let's wrap this one up
right?? ill be signing autographs at game end for my outstanding performance of catching all the scum

bow down to my skills yall :cool:
You're skilled?
The Ugly Fruit
The Ugly Fruit
He/Him
Townie
The Ugly Fruit
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:28 am

Post by The Ugly Fruit »

Looking over the messages and so far i'm getting townie vibes from both the Tiger PFPs
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:38 am

Post by the worst »

In post 156, SirCakez wrote:Also as the resident skitter apologist she is probably town this game as well given two mind melds already
this read is getting a firm "duly noted" -- the last time I was playing actively with skitter, mindmelding with her made me nervous. :p

I feel like there's enough about her motives that I struggled to discern that in another timeline I think I probably voted her yesterday but I don't really *want* to in this timeline and I agree with enough of her content that I think im also leaning slightly town?

this response changed trajectory in a way I didn't expect
In post 157, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 108, Isis wrote:86 reads like scum stream of consciousness more than town stream of consciousness to me. It feels like the possibility that Cakez is faking unawareness of the gamestate is being seriously considered and presented as content, even though that's actually an extremely rare thing (and beat is some flavor of seasoned). I think town would more firmly reject including the possibility with any prominence after making a felt-judgment to just rule it out (especially if the final conclusion is green); scum!beat however has an incentive to present it as content because it's not impossible for it to happen in a mafia game and it's reasoning process for developing a read
I initially had a similar gut dislike of this post as skitter did, it felt a bit contrived and over-explainy, but at the same time if it was entirely bullshit I think Isis would be a bit more self-aware of it being a bullshit push? The more I thought through the reasoning in this post the less I found it scummy
I had a similar kneejerk reaction, I thought it was kind of a lot but it is actually a very Isis read. Do you have a read on Isis atp?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:42 am

Post by the worst »

In post 170, marcistar wrote:isis posts too much words but ends up saying nothing of value most of the time, but the rare post where theres value I like so isis town question mark?

meuh, i cant explain it.. like her posts dont really look bad at a glance... but something deep down is telling me we've got to be wary about her.
excuse me rude this was gonna be my secret twist read
I think GL's vote isn't one I will be following rn but it was a good vote
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:46 am

Post by the worst »

In post 175, Aristeia wrote:Ok I am like 100% sure of one scum and the only hint I will give about this person's identity is that the avatar is a tiger.
In post 181, GuiltyLion wrote:is it the worst? :D
Frankie is a fierce tiger. you're my favourite.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:50 am

Post by the worst »

In post 213, The Ugly Fruit wrote:Looking over the messages and so far i'm getting townie vibes from both the Tiger PFPs
could you expand on what you're seeing a bit?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:57 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 210, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 209, Meuh wrote:I posted 79 because to me Skitter was pretty clearly wrong about the intent behind Beat's vote.
I guess maybe the thing I really want to ask here is - do you think Skitter being wrong about the intent of Beat's vote is town-indicative, or just completely NAI? What felt off to me the way you posted and Skitter disagreed with you and reaffirmed she scumread Beat yet you then landed on a townread, I didn't understand the thought process of how that question and her answer lead to your read. But if 79 for you was nothing beyond clarifying a misconception then I might have less of an issue with it
I kind of doubt someone would purposely misinterpret a pretty clear memey vote to drive an agenda, tbh. I don't think it was purposeful so I just think it's NAI. :cool:
So yeah my intent with the post was just to clear that up, not defend Beat. I only really got the town-lean on Beat after looking into them from being prompted by Skitter. None of Beat's posts really stuck to me beforehand. Whether Skitter townreads Beat or not doesn't really matter to me when reading Skitter.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 215, the worst wrote:
In post 170, marcistar wrote:isis posts too much words but ends up saying nothing of value most of the time, but the rare post where theres value I like so isis town question mark?

meuh, i cant explain it.. like her posts dont really look bad at a glance... but something deep down is telling me we've got to be wary about her.
excuse me rude this was gonna be my secret twist read
I think GL's vote isn't one I will be following rn but it was a good vote
why not follow?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 77, skitter30 wrote: doesnt really look like an rvs post tho
why?
(this is a genuine question but also a placeholder until I can read more)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hrrmmm harumph

VOTE: SirCakez

Cakez I also wanna know what you think of Isis' actual argument beyond just the "over the top" delivery of it
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

@gl i guess when i read and the emphasis seems to be more on defending isis than questioning the votes on her, if that makes sense

Also did you have a problem with my vote on her?
In post 207, GuiltyLion wrote:Isis, meh 144 felt like it was just giving a random read rather than meant to push the game any sort of which way from it so I care less about it.
I mean i had voted her prior to this and she didnt react to that at all and instead just threw a vague townread on me which is ? to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

Like given that background context characterizing isis's read on me as a 'random read' not necessarily 'meant to push the game any sort of way' seems a little questionable
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 220, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 77, skitter30 wrote: doesnt really look like an rvs post tho
why?
(this is a genuine question but also a placeholder until I can read more)
It immediately followed yours and was light-handedly accusing you of something that could be seen as scummy
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”