MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 729, implosion wrote:
In post 727, Aristeia wrote:I think picking ascetic cop is much stronger than picking a jailkeeper/roleblocker type role because ascetic cop can't be blocked in the first place and by picking it you are essentially permanently blocking the cop.
Absolutely.

Mafia players don't always play optimally.

Again, this isn't really
important
, I'm just annoyed that we're basically Contractually Obligated to let Enchant not-play-the-game for 2-3 days.
Don’t get me wrong, Implosion gives me scum pings

But you’ve already been told off by me and implosion

So *shrug*

Who do you scumread besides HEM?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by Aristeia »

what are you even arguing with me for

do you want to kill enchant today?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:34 pm

Post by Aristeia »

and no Implosion didn't say my mech logic is wrong.

If he thinks I'm wrong and you're right he can say it himself in this thread and explain why.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 775, MathBlade wrote:Who do you scumread besides HEM?
you
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 770, MathBlade wrote:Enchant << no day reads, if scum it’s with Ari. This postulating doesn’t feel right
like this feels like you want to chain enchant!scum flip to somehow misflipping me because I have the right mech approach to solving his slot which is kind of ???
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by Aristeia »

like i dunno why else you would spend this much time arguing with me over mech because you don't sound like you particularly want to flip enchant today
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by Aristeia »

literally the only times you spend lots of thread time fighting with me over mech in a way that makes no sense to me is when you're scum and making shit up.

for example:

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=89351

and

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87284
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I don’t want to flip enchant today.

I also think you’re full of shit

Both things are true.

And yes I made up shit in those games but that’s because I had to.

Here it’s just painfully obvious you’re starting on faulty premises.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 776, Aristeia wrote:what are you even arguing with me for

do you want to kill enchant today?
I am arguing with you for wifom reasons (assuming Enchant is town)

1) If you’re right and scum agrees and Enchant is the town cop bad for us
2) If you’re right and scum agrees and Enchant is not the town cop and scum shoot there good for us
3) If I am right and scum agrees and Enchant is the town cop hood for us as we get a check
4) If I am right and scum agrees and Enchant is not the cop then we buy time for him to do what he does

Funneling the scum kill to Enchant when he could be a top tier PR is bad

If Enchant is scum this is all fundamentally a waste of time

So for the sake of town you’re wrong
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:53 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 783, MathBlade wrote:1) If you’re right and scum agrees and Enchant is the town cop bad for us
if enchant is town cop he is getting shot today period
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 784, Aristeia wrote:
In post 783, MathBlade wrote:1) If you’re right and scum agrees and Enchant is the town cop bad for us
And I disagree

You said this is fruitless unless I convinced someone else

Why are you poking this repeatedly?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by Aristeia »

you think scum me is trying to get my scum team to shoot enchant!town cop by
talking about it in the thread
and therefore I'm bad?

like what even is your reasoning here?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 785, MathBlade wrote:
In post 784, Aristeia wrote:
And I disagree

You said this is fruitless unless I convinced someone else

Why are you poking this repeatedly?
you said I'm full of shit and I'm easily triggered by people who know less than me talking shit to me online
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:56 pm

Post by implosion »

I don't think Enchant-Town should auto-pick ascetic cop 100% of the time... because if town was supposed to do that they'd essentially be denying the existence of ascetic cop because scum would just shoot the ascetic cop in 100% of games. The "optimal" play for town is some kind of mixed strategy where they pick it sometimes.

I think this is all wholly irrelevant because frankly treating Enchant like a player who is going to play with a focus on optimizing the probability that they will win... is inane. They autoquickhammer anyone at E-1. That's not the kind of player who's going to auto-pick ascetic cop as scum to deny it. It's also not the kind of player who's going to always pick ascetic cop as town because they think it's the Correct Play. I agree in broad strokes with what Aristeia is saying but they do have an assumption (which to her credit, she is explicit about):
In post 715, Aristeia wrote:Let's say in both worlds Enchant is an Ascetic Cop because it is the strongest TPR [this is an assumption]
which is, frankly, simply incorrect because Enchant isn't that kind of player.

I'm not strongly interested in continuing discussion along these lines; I'd rather hear from Math why he thinks I'm pinging as scum.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:57 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 783, MathBlade wrote:Funneling the scum kill to Enchant when he could be a top tier PR is bad
If I am scum

You think I'm funneling the scum to kill Enchant

by talking about it in the thread

that's your thought process????
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:57 pm

Post by implosion »

(and if there's a reason he's not voting me when I'm literally the only player on the player list who he is calling scum right now)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 786, Aristeia wrote:you think scum me is trying to get my scum team to shoot enchant!town cop by
and therefore I'm bad?

I am saying in the case you’re scum Enchant is town then it’s spam to avoid reads as you’ve made up your mind you’re shooting there.
In the case you’re scum and Enchant is scum you’re setting up a gambit.
In the case you’re town and Enchant is scum then you accomplish nothing with this mechanics shenanigans as Enchant doesn’t have a single vote on them
In the case you’re town and Enchant is town then this is just begging scum to shoot Enchant

Nothing good comes from this
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:58 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 788, implosion wrote:I think this is all wholly irrelevant because frankly treating Enchant like a player who is going to play with a focus on optimizing the probability that they will win... is inane. They autoquickhammer anyone at E-1. That's not the kind of player who's going to auto-pick ascetic cop as scum to deny it. It's also not the kind of player who's going to always pick ascetic cop as town because they think it's the Correct Play. I agree in broad strokes with what Aristeia is saying but they do have an assumption (which to her credit, she is explicit about):
yes but if Enchant is
town

then scum can't KNOW if he's an ascetic cop or not, he's probly ascetic cop more often than not and therefore they would shoot there as a first resort to stop him from getting results.

If an ascetic cop flips somewhere else, then obviously these rules no longer apply to him.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:58 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 791, MathBlade wrote:
In post 786, Aristeia wrote:you think scum me is trying to get my scum team to shoot enchant!town cop by
and therefore I'm bad?

I am saying in the case you’re scum Enchant is town then it’s spam to avoid reads as you’ve made up your mind you’re shooting there.
In the case you’re scum and Enchant is scum you’re setting up a gambit.
In the case you’re town and Enchant is scum then you accomplish nothing with this mechanics shenanigans as Enchant doesn’t have a single vote on them
In the case you’re town and Enchant is town then this is just begging scum to shoot Enchant

Nothing good comes from this

if i'm scum and enchant is town i've decided to defend enchant from people who want to lim him by spamming the thread

ok cool theory mathblade
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 792, Aristeia wrote:
In post 788, implosion wrote:I think this is all wholly irrelevant because frankly treating Enchant like a player who is going to play with a focus on optimizing the probability that they will win... is inane. They autoquickhammer anyone at E-1. That's not the kind of player who's going to auto-pick ascetic cop as scum to deny it. It's also not the kind of player who's going to always pick ascetic cop as town because they think it's the Correct Play. I agree in broad strokes with what Aristeia is saying but they do have an assumption (which to her credit, she is explicit about):
yes but if Enchant is
town

then scum can't KNOW if he's an ascetic cop or not, he's probly ascetic cop more often than not and therefore they would shoot there as a first resort to stop him from getting results.

If an ascetic cop flips somewhere else, then obviously these rules no longer apply to him.
I think the most likely scenario is that Enchant is scum and we'll lim them d3.

I think the second most likely scenario is that Enchant is town and that scum will kill players who are actually playing the game and let us mislim them on d3.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 788, implosion wrote:I don't think Enchant-Town should auto-pick ascetic cop 100% of the time... because if town was supposed to do that they'd essentially be denying the existence of ascetic cop because scum would just shoot the ascetic cop in 100% of games. The "optimal" play for town is some kind of mixed strategy where they pick it sometimes.

I think this is all wholly irrelevant because frankly treating Enchant like a player who is going to play with a focus on optimizing the probability that they will win... is inane. They autoquickhammer anyone at E-1. That's not the kind of player who's going to auto-pick ascetic cop as scum to deny it. It's also not the kind of player who's going to always pick ascetic cop as town because they think it's the Correct Play. I agree in broad strokes with what Aristeia is saying but they do have an assumption (which to her credit, she is explicit about):
In post 715, Aristeia wrote:Let's say in both worlds Enchant is an Ascetic Cop because it is the strongest TPR [this is an assumption]
which is, frankly, simply incorrect because Enchant isn't that kind of player.

I'm not strongly interested in continuing discussion along these lines; I'd rather hear from Math why he thinks I'm pinging as scum.
Look here’s Implosion correcting you again.

Like ???

Let me guess this isn’t a “correction”.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by Aristeia »

like what even is your goal here?

do you think I'm scum?

do you think I'm bad!town?

are you trying to win an argument that has no purpose ?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by implosion »

actually y'know maybe i don't actually care why math thinks i'm pinging as scum x_x it's probably going to be something that just doesn't even mesh with how i play the game
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 795, MathBlade wrote:Look here’s Implosion correcting you again.

Like ???

Let me guess this isn’t a “correction”.
this is me saying I agree with her in broad strokes and disagree on a detail.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In short you’re the only player making sense and the only one besides me considering HEM town

Towns tend to tunnel on D1 and you waffling and such gives me pause.

It’s like you aren’t really deciding on much.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”