Newbie 2095 | Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:45 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 2.01
Penguins can't even fly! Are they even a real bird?

Greeting (2): 72offsuit, whiskey delta

Not Voting (5): hutmeil, Tidus of the X, Malakittens, Alianna, Greeting

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach an elimination.

Day one will end in (expired on 2022-06-13 12:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • Alianna is v/la until Wednesday the 8th of June.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 498, Greeting wrote:@
whiskey delta

From my perspective it looks like everyone started ganging up on me one second after I went with the
furtive glance
wagon in . I gave him a chance to explain himself and he didn't take it, his reads became erratic and chaotic towards the end. Suffice it to say, I went from being his biggest townread to being his biggest scumread. And everyone just went in for the ride, yourself,
Alianna
72offsuit
. If your biggest argument is that you have a hunch then sorry to disappoint, but your hunch is wrong.
It was a high stress time and every vote being laid was pivotal. I think scrutiny is fair, especially given that FG replied to you directly in . Depending on how you view Mala's that makes your vote the one that tied the FG and Alianna wagons. I would say it is more than a hunch at the moment, but I am not totally convinced yet either. At least one of you, hutmeil, and Alianna must be Town so that is good to remember.
In post 498, Greeting wrote:If you're seeking to blame me for yesterday's miselim, Day 1 was ending, I didn't feel like going after
hutmeil
and the other two wagons were
Alianna
and
furtive glance
. I picked the scummier one and I'm not sorry for that. If I'm scum then why did all of you follow when I was supposedly miseliminating a townie? Sounds like someone who jumped on that wagon after me knew what was coming (aka they were scum) and were hoping to pin the miselimination on me.
Someone had to hammer and you need flips to solve the game. It would have been criminal to not elim FG after his counter wagon hit E-2 first. The board is clearer now so if you are Town, perhaps you will have a better view.
In post 498, Greeting wrote:As for your theory, I would say that there's a higher chance that it's true than not overall, if we take all mafia games played on this site. In most games I've played the scums have tended to spread their votes amongst wagons. Which would indeed mean that there is one scum in {
whiskey delta
Alianna
Greeting
hutmeil
} and the other would be in {
Malakittens
Tidus of the X
and
72offsuit
}.

The maths in my head said it's
Alianna
and
72offsuit
. But I don't really think that
Alianna
and
72offsuit
would be paired.
72offsuit
seemed to be quite confident to bet his money on the
Alianna
wagon, he started it, went through with it and did not hesitate to try and have her chopped down.

If
Malakittens
is scum then that means she has really upped her scum game and she deserves to win, because I kinda have a green town check on her which I don't feel like looking back at.

Who's left from that three?
Tidus of the X
. Eh, could be.

I will need to think deeper tomorrow, because I also have a feeling that if
Alianna
is scum, and I certainly have a feeling that she might be, then her partner was on the
furtive glance
wagon to save her, because losing a fellow scum Day 1 is something the scums usually can't afford. Which would mean that this game is in the minority of games where all scums are to be found in one wagon and {
Malakittens
Tidus of the X
and
72offsuit
} are all towncleared. This is also a mental note to myself to remember where to pick up my thoughts from when I open this thread tomorrow.
I agree that 72/Alianna does not make a likely pair. Considering Mala's vote was not counted, hutmeil and Alianna functioned as the tying and tiebreaking vote that pushed FG to E-1. There is definitely potential for hutmeil/Alianna in that lens.

Any perspective on how you arrived to your TR on Mala would be greatly appreciated.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

I don't really know if Greeting is scum or not, he's been pretty active and contributed a bunch day one IIRC, but with everyone suddenly turning on him, I'm not so sure about it.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Sorry

I was so tired that morning that I screwed up the formatting

I still want to lim hutmeil. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but now I just want
Him dead so
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 492, whiskey delta wrote:
Roden
- (whiskey delta), hutmeil, Greeting,
FG
, Alianna

furtiveglance
-
Roden
, hutmeil, Greeting, Alianna, WD

There's at least one scum between hutmeil, Greeting, Alianna, and me. The alternative means both scum are within Tidus, malakittens, and 72.

Where does everyone stand on this? Do you think the scum are split between the two groups? Both in one group?
I don't have the time or energy right now to analyze any of this, but a couple things to note. It's interesting that everyone was either on or off of both major wagons.
If we consider my wagon when it was at E-2...

Alianna - 72offsuit, whiskey delta,
furtiveglance

...then we see that Mala and Tidus were on none of those (Mala didn't vote D1 and Tidus stuck to his RVS vote) and whiskey was on all three.
Make of it what you will, I guess? I'll probably follow this up at some point but wanted to note this stuff now.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 502, Tidus of the X wrote:I don't really know if Greeting is scum or not, he's been pretty active and contributed a bunch day one IIRC, but with everyone suddenly turning on him, I'm not so sure about it.
Remember that at least two players amongst myself, Greeting, hutmeil, and Alianna are Town so still possible Greeting is. What do you think of the other three? How about Mala and 72?
In post 503, Malakittens wrote:Sorry

I still want to lim hutmeil. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but now I just want
Him dead so
Do you still see Greeting as Town? How would you know? It seems you two have some experience together so I am really curious to hear about it. Can you talk about why hutmeil and what a scum or town flip would do to your reads?
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:12 am

Post by whiskey delta »

So the more I think about the game the more I think an Alianna elim makes the most sense today.

I can’t get over how she was E-2 and still the FG wagon eventually took the lead. That has to be significant. If all three major D1 wagons were Town then we’re in trouble. If Alianna is scum her partner has to be within Greeting/Hutmeil/Mala who all voted to save her over FG.

Thoughts?
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:40 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 456, whiskey delta wrote:Greeting fits that “active enough to not raise suspicion but still under the radar” description better imo.

They are either playing a super clean (albeit thus far incorrect) Town game or they are just scum and staying above the fray but still landing on wagons. Their interactions have been fairly minimal. The way they pop in, make a few reads, ask a few questions, drop a vote, and then are gone again is really unsettling to me.
I agree with this.
Roden
FG
, Alianna

furtiveglance
-
Roden

There's at least one scum between hutmeil, Greeting, Alianna, and me. The alternative means both scum are within Tidus, malakittens, and 72.

Where does everyone stand on this? Do you think the scum are split between the two groups? Both in one group?
I don't really know. My scumdar was way off on Day 1. But if I have to rely on it again, it would be a combination of you (whiskey), Greeting, Tidus and 72off.

In post 495, Malakittens wrote:VOTE: hutmeil

Him dead so
Why do you want me dead so badly?
In post 506, whiskey delta wrote:So the more I think about the game the more I think an Alianna elim makes the most sense today.

I can’t get over how she was E-2 and still the FG wagon eventually took the lead. That has to be significant. If all three major D1 wagons were Town then we’re in trouble. If Alianna is scum her partner has to be within Greeting/Hutmeil/Mala who all voted to save her over FG.

Thoughts?
That makes sense. However, you're on both wagons. You flipped from Alianna to FG. And you're the eliminating vote. Come to think of it, you're also on the Roden wagon.
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 505, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 502, Tidus of the X wrote:I don't really know if Greeting is scum or not, he's been pretty active and contributed a bunch day one IIRC, but with everyone suddenly turning on him, I'm not so sure about it.
Remember that at least two players amongst myself, Greeting, hutmeil, and Alianna are Town so still possible Greeting is. What do you think of the other three? How about Mala and 72?

Him dead so
Do you still see Greeting as Town? How would you know? It seems you two have some experience together so I am really curious to hear about it. Can you talk about why hutmeil and what a scum or town flip would do to your reads?
I don't know about hutmeil or you much, but Alianna I feel could be scum. Mala could likely be scum for seemingly randomly focusing on a random player. Current town lean on 72offsuit.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:03 am

Post by the worst »

Prodding 72offsuit.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:06 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 501, whiskey delta wrote: It was a high stress time and every vote being laid was pivotal. I think scrutiny is fair, especially given that FG replied to you directly in . Depending on how you view Mala's that makes your vote the one that tied the FG and Alianna wagons. I would say it is more than a hunch at the moment, but I am not totally convinced yet either. At least one of you, hutmeil, and Alianna must be Town so that is good to remember.
Wait a minute.
In post 439, Malakittens wrote:Ngl I don’t wanna elim alianna.

FG

This just stinks
Bc I really want one of 72 hut & Tidus sorted

I won’t be back before deadline most likely in going to sleep
Was this supposed to be a vote on
furtive glance
? I didn't even notice it. This does in fact change things.
In post 501, whiskey delta wrote: I agree that 72/Alianna does not make a likely pair. Considering Mala's vote was not counted, hutmeil and Alianna functioned as the tying and tiebreaking vote that pushed FG to E-1. There is definitely potential for hutmeil/Alianna in that lens.

Any perspective on how you arrived to your TR on Mala would be greatly appreciated.
I have played a few games with
Malakittens
and my overall impression is that she's generally not a deepwolf. In the last game we played together, KTaNE, it became apparent to me that she just doesn't like playing as scum very much and doesn't try very hard if she rolls scum. If you're interested specifically at the moment when we were talking about deepwolves, you should look at the Day Phase in that game when
Mala
was eliminated (Day 3).

But now that you've pointed it out, she did in fact want to go after
furtive glance
and her vote just wasn't counted as valid.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Greeting »

Thing is, my gut says
Malakittens
is town, but logic would suggest that could have been an attempt to start a wagon on
furtive glance
after all, but it just didn't get counted.
In post 506, whiskey delta wrote:So the more I think about the game the more I think an Alianna elim makes the most sense today.

Thoughts?
Right now my money is on the scum team being
Alianna
+ someone on the
furtive glance
wagon. I know it's not me for sure and nothing else. I guess if we eliminate
Alianna
then we can put this theory to test. If she flips red, then her partner should be
hutmeil
(more likely) or
Malakittens
(less likely). If she flips green, then it's got to be some combo like
72offsuit
/
Tidus of the X
72offsuit
/
hutmeil
or
Tidus of the X
/
hutmeil

Or... it's you. What
hutmeil
said in about you is actually right. I don't know if I should trust you either. You're clearly aspiring to be town leader, but your voting history isn't really better than mine and yet you're actively trying to throw me under the bus right now.

I'll wait for everyone to weigh in before I cast my vote. It's still only Day 2, but each vote is more valuable with every townie going down and we are not having another miselimination today.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 507, hutmeil wrote:
Roden
FG
, Alianna

furtiveglance
-
Roden

I don't really know. My scumdar was way off on Day 1. But if I have to rely on it again, it would be a combination of you (whiskey), Greeting, Tidus and 72off.
Why not Alianna/Mala? Tidus did not vote on any of the wagons yesterday. Do you think that is more likely to be Town or scum?

Thoughts?
That makes sense. However, you're on both wagons. You flipped from Alianna to FG. And you're the eliminating vote. Come to think of it, you're also on the Roden wagon.
This is true, as were you, and exactly why we are having this conversation. It's extremely unlikely there isn't at least one scum in those who were on both Roden and FG wagons.

I switched to FG to hammer after waiting until almost the last minute, and no one else was around to do it. If you reread the end of D1 you will see my preferred elim was Alianna. Would you rather I have not hammered in that situation?
In post 508, Tidus of the X wrote:
I don't know about hutmeil or you much, but Alianna I feel could be scum. Mala could likely be scum for seemingly randomly focusing on a random player. Current town lean on 72offsuit.
Is there a reason you didn't try voting anyone on D1?
In post 510, Greeting wrote:
In post 501, whiskey delta wrote:Any perspective on how you arrived to your TR on Mala would be greatly appreciated.
Malakittens
and my overall impression is that she's generally not a deepwolf. In the last game we played together, KTaNE, it became apparent to me that she just doesn't like playing as scum very much and doesn't try very hard if she rolls scum. If you're interested specifically at the moment when we were talking about deepwolves, you should look at the Day Phase in that game when
Mala
was eliminated (Day 3).

furtive glance
I will have to check that out later, but greatly appreciated. Can you tell me what you think of ?
In post 511, Greeting wrote:

Thoughts?
Alianna
+ someone on the
furtive glance
Alianna
then we can put this theory to test. If she flips red, then her partner should be
hutmeil
(more likely) or
Malakittens
72offsuit
/
Tidus of the X
72offsuit
/
hutmeil
or
Tidus of the X
/
hutmeil

Or... it's you. What
hutmeil
said in about you is actually right. I don't know if I should trust you either. You're clearly aspiring to be town leader, but your voting history isn't really better than mine and yet you're actively trying to throw me under the bus right now.

I'll wait for everyone to weigh in before I cast my vote. It's still only Day 2, but each vote is more valuable with every townie going down and we are not having another miselimination today.
[Alianna/Hutmeil] as the solve does make ~sense for VCA reasons but I am paranoid is too simple.

I'll ask you the same question irt Tidus - what do you think not casting a serious vote D1 says about their alignment?

You should know if you are Town that my voting history doesn't make me scum, since it matches yours. If anything, I might say I have a point in my favor if Alianna flips red.

At the moment my vote is working accordingly, as this is the most you have talked to me directly all game. There is still plenty of time, but I agree that today is a pivotal phase. I do not want to elim wrong again.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 504, Alianna wrote:
Roden
FG
, Alianna

furtiveglance
-
Roden

I don't have the time or energy right now to analyze any of this, but a couple things to note. It's interesting that everyone was either on or off of both major wagons.

furtiveglance

...then we see that Mala and Tidus were on none of those (Mala didn't vote D1 and Tidus stuck to his RVS vote) and whiskey was on all three.
Make of it what you will, I guess? I'll probably follow this up at some point but wanted to note this stuff now.
Even passing, throw away thoughts are better than just the summaries of events.

I wish I could go back to that time before Roden claimed Cop, when I had you at the top of my Town list for what I thought might have been the best post of the game up to that point, but I'm not there anymore. I want so badly to have read you correctly there, and to have been seen accordingly, but I can't underestimate anyone and I'm very bothered by how you were closer to elimination that close to deadline and FG still happened.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 410, whiskey delta wrote:I can’t with you anymore.

See you post game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not going to base an entire scumread off this, but this feels really sketchy, as if they knew Roden was dying because no doc.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 513, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 504, Alianna wrote:
Roden
FG
, Alianna

furtiveglance
-
Roden

furtiveglance

Even passing, throw away thoughts are better than just the summaries of events.

I wish I could go back to that time before Roden claimed Cop, when I had you at the top of my Town list for what I thought might have been the best post of the game up to that point, but I'm not there anymore. I want so badly to have read you correctly there, and to have been seen accordingly, but I can't underestimate anyone and I'm very bothered by how you were closer to elimination that close to deadline and FG still happened.
I'm afraid you don't know the curse I live with. There seems to be a pattern in the way I get read on D1. In every game I've played except the one I replaced out of, I've been at least somewhat townread early D1 and then rather quickly brought to E-2 later on. But somehow, I manage to live. I find it amusing how like clockwork it is.
Should that affect your read on me? I don't know. But it is a pattern lol.
I townread Alianna.

Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 512, whiskey delta wrote:
Roden
FG
, Alianna

furtiveglance
-
Roden

Why not Alianna/Mala? Tidus did not vote on any of the wagons yesterday. Do you think that is more likely to be Town or scum?

Thoughts?
This is true, as were you, and exactly why we are having this conversation. It's extremely unlikely there isn't at least one scum in those who were on both Roden and FG wagons.

I switched to FG to hammer after waiting until almost the last minute, and no one else was around to do it. If you reread the end of D1 you will see my preferred elim was Alianna. Would you rather I have not hammered in that situation?
In post 508, Tidus of the X wrote:
Is there a reason you didn't try voting anyone on D1?
In post 510, Greeting wrote:
In post 501, whiskey delta wrote:Any perspective on how you arrived to your TR on Mala would be greatly appreciated.
Malakittens
Mala
was eliminated (Day 3).

furtive glance
I will have to check that out later, but greatly appreciated. Can you tell me what you think of ?
In post 511, Greeting wrote:

Thoughts?
Alianna
+ someone on the
furtive glance
Alianna
hutmeil
(more likely) or
Malakittens
72offsuit
/
Tidus of the X
72offsuit
/
hutmeil
or
Tidus of the X
/
hutmeil

Or... it's you. What
hutmeil

[Alianna/Hutmeil] as the solve does make ~sense for VCA reasons but I am paranoid is too simple.

I'll ask you the same question irt Tidus - what do you think not casting a serious vote D1 says about their alignment?

You should know if you are Town that my voting history doesn't make me scum, since it matches yours. If anything, I might say I have a point in my favor if Alianna flips red.

At the moment my vote is working accordingly, as this is the most you have talked to me directly all game. There is still plenty of time, but I agree that today is a pivotal phase. I do not want to elim wrong again.
(How do i quote only one part of a post) I had no idea if I actually should vote, since i didn't have any idea at all of who could be scum and it would ge a hammer vote when I did want to vote
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:11 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 516, Tidus of the X wrote: (How do i quote only one part of a post)
Idk if there's a better way, but I click the quote button and then just delete out all the stuff I don't want to quote.
I townread Alianna.

whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 515, Alianna wrote:I'm afraid you don't know the curse I live with. There seems to be a pattern in the way I get read on D1. In every game I've played except the one I replaced out of, I've been at least somewhat townread early D1 and then rather quickly brought to E-2 later on. But somehow, I manage to live. I find it amusing how like clockwork it is. Should that affect your read on me? I don't know. But it is a pattern lol.
I’m afraid I don’t know anything about you as a player at all, which makes things harder obviously. I won’t lie, I’m worried you are scum but I’m more worried you are Town and I tinfoiled on you after I felt so good about my first read. Is it possible that you’re town too and scum had three wagons to choose from? Crazier things have happened in Mafia. I’m trying to approach this group with an open mind.

Mechanically I think you are the best elim but it’s impossible for more than two in the group to be scum so there is still the possibility of it not being you. I’m also aware the mechanics can be misleading sometimes so I can’t rely solely on that.

Having said all that, can you tell me why you waited so long to vote FG?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Alianna »

IIRC, I didn't really scumread them. Roden was my only real scumread, but we all know how that went down. There was very little time to rethink, but the last thing I wanted was a no-lim (imagine if we did that, there was a doc, and we went into D2 with all 9 people?). The options were me (not happening), hutmeil (who I was townreading), and furtive (who I was nullreading).
I townread Alianna.

whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 516, Tidus of the X wrote:(How do i quote only one part of a post) I had no idea if I actually should vote, since i didn't have any idea at all of who could be scum and it would ge a hammer vote when I did want to vote
You have to go in and delete the stuff you don’t want from the editing window.

I get being unsure and not wanting to get it wrong, but it is important for you to use your vote. Flips are an important part of the game to solve it, and there is a reason Town has a few chances to be wrong before the game ends.

Take for instance the D1 wagons at the end. I had no choice but to hammer FG because it was the only wagon in position. In this scenario, if Alianna is scum, she was saved because your vote was on neither wagon. Does that make sense? If you are Town your vote is
needed
to give Town a chance to elim scum.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 519, Alianna wrote:IIRC, I didn't really scumread them. Roden was my only real scumread, but we all know how that went down. There was very little time to rethink, but the last thing I wanted was a no-lim (imagine if we did that, there was a doc, and we went into D2 with all 9 people?). The options were me (not happening), hutmeil (who I was townreading), and furtive (who I was nullreading).
I can only take your reads at face value but I was pretty sure FG was Town when I hammered him. The fact you two have experience and he’s calling you scum sketches me out. When you get the chance to dig in (I know you’re VLA) I would love to see where you stand on things.

I have a really dumb reason to TR you but it relies on the theory that you couldn’t do something as scum. You’re new but you’ve got chops so idk and I am fully aware of how pocketable I am.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 362, the worst wrote:
vote count 1.12
There are nearly 130 different species of duck in the world! They are also close relatives of other waterfowl, like swans and geese (who are emphatically not the best birds).

furtiveglance (2): 72offsuit, Roden
hutmeil (1): Tidus of the X

Not Voting (6): Malakittens, hutmeil, Greeting, furtiveglance, Alianna, whiskey delta

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach an elimination.

Day one will end in (expired on 2022-06-04 10:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • quack.
In post 402, the worst wrote:
vote count 1.13
Ducks' bills are sensitive! They have many touch receptors, making them kinda like hands or palms!

Alianna (3): 72offsuit, whiskey delta, furtiveglance
furtiveglance (1): Roden
hutmeil (1): Tidus of the X

Not Voting (4): Malakittens, hutmeil, Greeting, Alianna

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach an elimination.

Day one will end in (expired on 2022-06-04 10:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • quack.
In post 420, 72offsuit wrote:Sure, but did u consider Furtive and I,
being partners in crime,
Directing away votes so he doesn't die,
Look at that, another rhyme,
Ask yourself why,
I'm right on time!
So it was for hutmeil then? :mrgreen:
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 521, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 519, Alianna wrote:IIRC, I didn't really scumread them. Roden was my only real scumread, but we all know how that went down. There was very little time to rethink, but the last thing I wanted was a no-lim (imagine if we did that, there was a doc, and we went into D2 with all 9 people?). The options were me (not happening), hutmeil (who I was townreading), and furtive (who I was nullreading).
I can only take your reads at face value but I was pretty sure FG was Town when I hammered him. The fact you two have experience and he’s calling you scum sketches me out. When you get the chance to dig in (I know you’re VLA) I would love to see where you stand on things.

I have a really dumb reason to TR you but it relies on the theory that you couldn’t do something as scum. You’re new but you’ve got chops so idk and I am fully aware of how pocketable I am.
I’ll be able to dig into stuff more later this week.
What’s the dumb reason? Or can you share it now?
I townread Alianna.

whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:52 am

Post by whiskey delta »

Like I said it’s really dumb and probably more reliable later in the game, so I’ll hold it for now. I’d need to ISO you before making any blanket statements anyway.

Another thought just occurred to me as well… I don’t love your posts immediately after the hammer, but then again actually
being there
might be a good sign. If scum, once you voted FG to put them at E-1 I feel like melting away would have been more likely. I’ll need to look at that whole sequence again too. If you hung around to watch your victim die that’s some pretty hardcore stuff for a first time wolf.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”