Elsa Jay

Not voting (3):
GoldfishFromTheMoon, Crescent, Eiralox

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-06-12 13:13:00)

Notes:
  • This vote count is very very late, sorry
Last edited by Umlaut on Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:50 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 150, Corwinoid wrote:@Eiralox if you thought it was a going nowhere question maybe you should pay attention more.

VOTE: geraintm

I dislike the not-so-subtle hint at not trusting D1 reads. I've seen people have some very good intuition in games very early on. The rest of your posts bother me also.
ok, should i be less subtle?
I dislike day 1s intensly, i feel they are random at best and tilted towards scum more likely, and the chances of eliminating scum are very small and we would be better off not eliminating anyone today.

anyone who claims strong readson day 1 i will just internally giggle at.

anytime anyone says "i can/i know others can get good reads days 1" are blinding themselves with anecdotes.

@clidd

for some reason i thought we have played together before.

my vote for you was based purely on your post being the 56th of the game, 28 after my first post (which was 28). i normally have fun day 1 when people get upset at me for my vote because they are not aware why i have placed my initial vote. i am stopping that fun now, it is clearly too much of a distraction.

@vivax - my posts are not to generate a negatve reaction, they are just me having fun because people don't get the "joke"
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:51 pm

Post by clidd »

Actually, we already played together (2021) iirc.

In our last experience you were scum and made me townread your slot for a whole day until I woke up and realized your behavior wasn't town being erratic but just scum being scummy.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:55 pm

Post by clidd »

There is also a town!Gera game that caused me some mental confusion when I tried to read your slot, but that's before the scumgame.

I haven't played/watched you play since then, so I don't know if your playstyle has evolved but judging in isolation I consider it more scummy-y than towny-y. At least until you actually generate "real" reads.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:00 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 158, clidd wrote: Feeling that something is scummy/towny using guts is normal, but assigning a ''performative'' value to something you're not even sure is meaningful feels more like he's making things up.
Not too sure about this. What exactly isn't meaningful here?
outsmarts bullet
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:24 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 177, clidd wrote:Actually, we already played together (2021) iirc.

In our last experience you were scum and made me townread your slot for a whole day until I woke up and realized your behavior wasn't town being erratic but just scum being scummy.
I think I am.terrible scum and really easy to spot. I get really panicky (my scum threads are wild swings of emotion)

I didn't know though if you knew my random method of voting was my main thought.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:25 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 178, clidd wrote:There is also a town!Gera game that caused me some mental confusion when I tried to read your slot, but that's before the scumgame.

I haven't played/watched you play since then, so I don't know if your playstyle has evolved but judging in isolation I consider it more scummy-y than towny-y. At least until you actually generate "real" reads.
You are jnlikely to get any real reads from me until day 2, once there is an elimination and whatever info people bring to the table. That is when I start pushing at people.more.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:01 am

Post by Vivax »

@ Geraintm

I know that your intent is not to generate a negative reaction, the point is that you don't try to post in a way that attempts to not make it happen.

Page 7 maybe worth pointing out we got Corwin and clidd going after geraintm in unison.

Which bothers me a bit since I felt like moving George back to clidds scum-guess slot until I saw what he posted there. Corwinoids saving grace could be his lack of experience or exercise, but I think I'll stick to my meta of going after scumreads with a sledgehammer.
Here's a treat for the thread.
In post 158, clidd wrote:Ok, I'm trying to understand if for some reason Gera is trying to provoke a reaction or something for ''?'' reasons.

Feeling that something is scummy/towny using guts is normal, but assigning a ''performative'' value to something you're not even sure is meaningful feels more like he's making things up.

Not that I think it makes a lot sense for scum!Gera to play this way, but I don't find the motivation for town!Gera either.
In post 160, clidd wrote:Well, on a second look, I'm fine with my vote.

If I were to draw my reads in real time, they'd look like this:

[
GoldfishFromTheMoon
] [
Crescent
] [
Eiralox
] [
Vivax
]
=
[
Elsa Jay
] [
Alexcellent
]
[
Corwinoidhis
]
[
Not_Mafia
] [
gibus
] [
UNOwen
] [
GeorgeBailey
]
=
[
geraintm
]
Assuming that post 158 was the prelude to him putting geraintm into the scum pile, maybe clidd could sufficiently explain what he left out that made geraint suddenly mafia and not null?
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:38 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 92, Alexcellent wrote:A better way to have worded my post would have been "I am uncomfortable with the amount of people sitting on their votes and doing nothing, and find it to be suspicious". But also that just might be me being pigheaded about people not playing the way I expect.
Honestly at that point (I know I'm a little late on this)

I feel like the people who were voting are scum. I think scum would try and force themselves to get a read going.
In post 111, geraintm wrote:because no one can get a good read on anyone day 1, and certainly not by post 40. shouting to the world you find someone scummy so early on just feels like getting something out there so you can show people later you had a read on them
I feel like we go through this everytime. (I was Vanya last game).

You can absolutely have good reads on Day 1. Datisi and I had NPOM (MonkeyMan) pinned as scum in a mini normal once because he was acting pretty strange. And even if your reads are wrong, pushing people and seeing how people react to being called scum is invaluable for future days.

Although the post did seem kinda weird to call me scummy for meming during RVS. I feel like RVS is the only time you can meme as a player and it doesn't affect the game.
In post 129, Alexcellent wrote:Kind of liking Eiralox as town for this reason. Feels like a slight townslip if that's a thing.
I'd believe this if the account wasn't from 2016, but this feels like such an easy townslip to manufacture.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:39 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 183, GeorgeBailey wrote:I feel like the people who were voting are scum
More likely to be*
GeorgeBailey
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:14 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 183, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 129, Alexcellent wrote:Kind of liking Eiralox as town for this reason. Feels like a slight townslip if that's a thing.
I'd believe this if the account wasn't from 2016, but this feels like such an easy townslip to manufacture.
If you look at Eiralax they have only played 2 newbie games, both from 2016, and nothing since then. And back then newbie games had no daytalk for scum (I believe). Sure it could be manufactured but I'm viewing it as a pretty strong sign that they're likely town.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 153, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 147, Crescent wrote:So to analyze more: Alex's vote on Elsa feels awkward but doesn't particularly come off as scummy. Seems like a "put up or shut up" kind of vote when scum in that situation could've made a much easier vote and gone a lot more under the radar. Unless that's Alex's game it seems like something that just pulls attention.
Alex/Elsa can be T/T but something about the exchange between felt really off.
Can you specify a bit more about what felt off?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:45 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Think Elsa/Clidd is where I'd prefer to lynch but starting to doubt my Elsa read, idk. Feeling a bit less okay about Crescent. I'll post more tomorrow.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:57 am

Post by geraintm »

@george - i am sure you can find times people have found scum day 1.
i am also sure you can find times when people have not found scum day 1.
the existence of the 1st does not make me feel any better than the odds are any better than random.

@alex - the L word is banned on this site.

@vivax - i will barely intereact day 1 with the game. i will occasionally note something that feels off about other people's play, but that is pretty much it. i am not trying to get a reaction from anyone, honest. except when i wind people up about random votes ;)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:58 am

Post by geraintm »

@george
cont....no better than radom, and liekly worse as there will be 3 players who are trying to be misleading.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 187, Alexcellent wrote:Think Elsa/Clidd is where I'd prefer to lynch but starting to doubt my Elsa read, idk. Feeling a bit less okay about Crescent. I'll post more tomorrow.
i was out smoking just now and was thinking bout this.
something still feels off to me about Elsa, but i know my instincts are unreliable so i honestly won't be voting for them today.
Crescent... scummish to me atm. a bit too defensive, but i don't have anything solid.
Clidd i'll peg one way or another whenever i get to giving this more time.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:39 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

VOTE: Gibus

I'll be busy at work today but I'm reading up. My last readlist still applies.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:10 am

Post by UNOwen »

@Goldfish - you may have missed my question
In post 166, Crescent wrote: Who was copying what now?
gibus first post copies Elsa first post, "stick to the basics" looks more suggestive without this context.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:17 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 164, Corwinoid wrote: I wasn't sure if the tone shift and Alex vote were organic or manufactured hostility. Her response satisfied me for now that it was probably the former. I still don't like that exchange at all, but I'm a little more town!Elsa than I was at
I'm not following how strong personality relates to the Alex vote. What would an inorganic answer look like?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 186, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 147, Crescent wrote:So to analyze more: Alex's vote on Elsa feels awkward but doesn't particularly come off as scummy. Seems like a "put up or shut up" kind of vote when scum in that situation could've made a much easier vote and gone a lot more under the radar. Unless that's Alex's game it seems like something that just pulls attention.
I think part of it is the pronoun "her" in threw me for a bit because I dropped the context for it, so I thought you were referring to Elsa. George was right that your vote seems oddly placed there. And then she signs off with the OMGUS/"Riddle that vote" post, which goes from that seemed like a mellow promoting activity and avoiding division to a couple of hours later where she's looking for a fight.

I think it's making a mountain out of a mole hill though, I think her progression is more organic than I thought, and I think I misread or was confused by your posts starting the exchange because of the context change.
In post 187, Alexcellent wrote:Think Elsa/Clidd is where I'd prefer to lynch but starting to doubt my Elsa read, idk. Feeling a bit less okay about Crescent. I'll post more tomorrow.
Tell me more about clidd, I'm not seeing it. ELI5.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:22 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 193, UNOwen wrote:
In post 164, Corwinoid wrote: I wasn't sure if the tone shift and Alex vote were organic or manufactured hostility. Her response satisfied me for now that it was probably the former. I still don't like that exchange at all, but I'm a little more town!Elsa than I was at
I'm not following how strong personality relates to the Alex vote. What would an inorganic answer look like?
"No." See 194.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:31 am

Post by Corwinoid »

And if you want more context for why I want to "read more, drive less" and the confrontation is off-putting to me, see Newbie Game 1776, and the way RC/Drixx/Penguin/me played D1. Shit left a bad taste in my mouth and made me leave the game when I thought I was just starting to grasp what was going on.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 188, geraintm wrote: @alex - the L word is banned on this site.
Oops sorry, my bad
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 194, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 186, Alexcellent wrote:
I think part of it is the pronoun "her" in threw me for a bit because I dropped the context for it, so I thought you were referring to Elsa. George was right that your vote seems oddly placed there. And then she signs off with the OMGUS/"Riddle that vote" post, which goes from that seemed like a mellow promoting activity and avoiding division to a couple of hours later where she's looking for a fight.

I think it's making a mountain out of a mole hill though, I think her progression is more organic than I thought, and I think I misread or was confused by your posts starting the exchange because of the context change.
I think I am conflicted with her reaction to me. I agree on the OMGUS vibe from her vote and she overall came off as very defensive, but I'm not sure if it's town defensiveness or scum defensiveness. Part of me is starting to think that maybe she's just town with a different approach to the game which is leading to me scumreading her, idk.
Tell me more about clidd, I'm not seeing it. ELI5.
It's loose but his posts unsettle me a bit. is a bit meh, mentioning a possible slight scumread but he doesn't want to vote on it or talk about it. It just feels like pointless words, but probably not overly alignment indicative. put me off a lot, his reaction to Elsa's proposition of eliminating lurkers. It's just very wishwashy and fencesitty and not really committing to an answer. Just comes off as wordy and non-committal, like he's trying to keep his options open. I don't really understand his scum read on Geraintm. Maybe it's coming from a meta read but it just feels a little bit forced to me.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Crescent »

Getting some serious countershadey vibes from Eiralox here. I point out it's the worse of the two votes on Elsa, and call out the wall as fluff pretending to be substance, only for them to immediately jump to the defense of said wall post and say I'm being defensive, which I haven't been at all. You'd probably have to put me to 4 or 5 votes before you'd actually get a defensive reaction out of me.

Very much want to see that reply to post #182 though... That's the kind of thing I normally catch, too. Scum last game was all over setting up town Gera for a later vote, and town figuring that out is ultimately what nuked said scumteam.. Meuh especially spent almost all game setting him up to "vote later". Shaded him all day 1, then voted someone else she had "no read on". She then plopped on him day 2 early on and never left.

If I had to guess, Alex/Elsa is still T/T and it was just the awkwardness from a difference in approach to the game. If there's any scum in the way that trio interacted, it's Eiralox.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”