clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:11 am

Post by clidd »

In post 242, gibus wrote:
In post 238, clidd wrote:Gibus, I don't understand what's your point.

Are you trying to read my slot or the accuracy of my read?
Well, I can't join you in your pursuit if I'm not convinced.
It would be nice if your responses turn out ai tho.
It's hard to structure a concrete case about Geraint being scum, since most of it is in my head and I don't think there's anything super tangible that I can advocate with 70% certainty.

But from all the impressions I've had so far, he has a >rand chance (compared to slots with little content/participation) of being scum imo.

Maybe the right word or argument will come to mind eventually, but for now that's what I've to offer.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:13 am

Post by clidd »

Good analysis by the way, Crescent.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:16 am

Post by clidd »

In post 249, Vivax wrote:While the meta-centric explanation from clidd regarding his decision to put geraintm into the scum pile leaves a sour aftertaste, I'll bite. Certainly would have helped to point that out immediately for its credibility. Noting that I didn't go and look up if the meta wasn't even valid. It's not an approach I use on players I don't know well.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:21 am

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

In post 192, UNOwen wrote:@Goldfish - you may have missed my question
In post 166, Crescent wrote: Who was copying what now?
gibus first post copies Elsa first post, "stick to the basics" looks more suggestive without this context.
Yeah I did miss it sorry,
So my logic at the time was that we were a few real time days into the game and gibus basically hadn't produced any content except for some joking around and a vote that didn't look serious, I didn't think scum would risk that because in my experience scum tend to have a high post count early on day one to try and seem present and helpful, steer the game, and avoid being scumread for lurking, if they are going to drop off it usually happens much later.

The read is tentative and is subject to change though and now that some proper content is happening I'll need to look through again.
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:21 am

Post by clidd »

Update:

[
Crescent
]
[
Vivax
]
[
GoldfishFromTheMoon
] [
Eiralox
]
=
[
Alexcellent
] [
Elsa Jay
]
[
gibus
]
[
Not_Mafia
] [
UNOwen
] [
GeorgeBailey
] [
Corwinoid
]
=
[
geraintm
]
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:50 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 194, Corwinoid wrote: I think part of it is the pronoun "her" in threw me for a bit because I dropped the context for it, so I thought you were referring to Elsa. George was right that your vote seems oddly placed there. And then she signs off with the OMGUS/"Riddle that vote" post, which goes from that seemed like a mellow promoting activity and avoiding division to a couple of hours later where she's looking for a fight.

I think it's making a mountain out of a mole hill though, I think her progression is more organic than I thought, and I think I misread or was confused by your posts starting the exchange because of the context change.
Mountain out of molehill is also my opinion on this, the issue with Elsa's progression and your angle of investigation seems arbitrary to me. I don't get the problem with Alex's vote either but that might be because of the confusion mentioned.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:56 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 217, Crescent wrote: For him to immediately pop in after that mention of him needing a prod and doing nothing at all after feels like a "town who doesn't give a ****" move more than a scum move.
Having played with him as both alignments, I'm quite confident it's simply a NM move.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Crescent »

So basically just ignore his existence and hope he's town.

Never been sure why that kind of player even bothers to sign up.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 257, Crescent wrote:So basically just ignore his existence and hope he's town.

You could say that it tips the scale a bit in favour of mafia. And it allows them to play scum with low effort.
It‘s sort of acceptable imo as long as the voting is towards win con and it‘s few playing like that.

I‘ll probs change my vote to GB later on.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Crescent »

Side note: I had a sudden suspicion as to where that gaffe came from, and it's as stupid as it sounds.

Alex and Eira voted for "Elsa Jay"
Gibus voted for "Elsa"

My brain just totally did not connect it the way it was supposed to.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

In post 258, Vivax wrote:
In post 257, Crescent wrote:So basically just ignore his existence and hope he's town.

You could say that it tips the scale a bit in favour of mafia. And it allows them to play scum with low effort.
It‘s sort of acceptable imo as long as the voting is towards win con and it‘s few playing like that.

I think you're right, it does tip towards mafia, and I don't think it's acceptable regardless of how voting is done.

I'm going to summon the deamon
VOTE: Not_Mafia
This is a prod vote, not an indication I think U are scum.
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Crescent »

It tips the scale more than a bit. Towns typically can't survive having even two of such players.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by clidd »

Update:

[
Crescent
]
[
Eiralox
] [
Vivax
] [
GoldfishFromTheMoon
]
=
[
Alexcellent
] [
Elsa Jay
]
[
gibus
]
[
GeorgeBailey
] [
Corwinoid
] [
Not_Mafia
] [
UNOwen
]
=
[
geraintm
]
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Crescent »

Did Vivax move down or did the other two move up?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by clidd »

The other two are moving up.

Eiralox had a *bah* start, but after perusing the slot a bit more the impression I got was that she was genuinely trying to get reads (uninformed perspective, hence towny perspective).

Goldfish, on the other hand, demonstrated a fluidity of posting that I'm judging as towny. Mostly tonality, to be honest.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 149, Eiralox wrote:
In post 148, Crescent wrote:And Eiralox just strikes me as waiting for something to actually happen before doing something instead of trying to force it to happen.

The wall post.. Honestly doesn't really say anything though. It rehashes the game, but it doesn't actually provide any content that advances the game, as it includes little to no reads or reactions to what they're rehashing. It's just a long post that exists for the sake of existing.
so u don't see summations being helpful to town?
u saying we should go in blind here?
you're not providing input on any of those I mention(hell, Elsa used my post to start a vote and fingered UNOwen out of their hiding hole, and lo and behold, here you are posting as well after a dearth of inactivity?)

my wall of text of text might be boring but it sure as Zeus is pretty, and you taking such a strong stance on it has just rocketed my suspicion of you to a level where it never was. Hell, I'm tempted to vote for you right now but i'm yet to post by second wall of useless text so i'll let of for the moment.
And this reaction felt expressive to the point that I imagine scum!Eira might not care so much (because her reads would be fake), whereas it'd make sense for town!Eira to feel semi-offended by the disregard for her effort (because it's genuine).

Of course, that's like level 1 reads, so I wouldn't say I'm one hundred percent sure, but it's a decent thing to start a PoE with.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by clidd »

Regarding Fish,

Spoiler:
In post 51, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 49, Crescent wrote:'Cause an entire day had passed and his "sticking with the basics" line suggests having an actual reason to vote that wasn't strong enough to actually go into detail on.
His "sticking with the basics" line is a direct copy of what elsa said in the first post of the game, I don't think there's much more to it that that.
In post 99, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:That interaction felt very weird.
Not nessasarily scummy, just weird
In post 100, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:It feels like you trusted each other and buddied up WAY too fast.
In post 106, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 104, Alexcellent wrote:What are your thoughts on the last page or so, Goldfish?
I know you didn't seem to like my whole but what about everything else (me vs Elsa etc). Any reads on anyone yet?

P-edit:

Birds are alright, except for magpies, whom are spawn of the devil
Early reads, take all these with a grain of salt, I have difficulty coming up with reads early game

I think vivax is town, (don't nessasarily agree with what they've said but I think they are town)
Gibus I also think is town

As for you/elsa, I think I coukd find reasons to scumread you both, I'm not going to take a side at this point.
In post 118, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 116, geraintm wrote:
In post 56, clidd wrote:The rest of the discussion that goes on didn't suggest much in the AI ​​sense. Feels like almost everyone who posted so far is literally dancing in null variations tbh.

I need to read more to be able to infer something more expressive, which implies the need for more posts, interactions and etc.
VOTE: clidd
Whats wrong with that post? I thought it made sense.
In post 123, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
Eiralox wrote: That said, @geraintm has offered no qualifier to the vote, other than the fact that @clidd has voted fro them(which they did not explicitly state). Their reply to @clidd's vote in itself was a defense of their method, so where does the decision to vote clidd come in? Is the above post decisive enough a motivation?
This is really what I wanted to know from my question.
In post 163, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 138, geraintm wrote: my vote for clidd was purely random :)
You say this, but the fact that you voted in a reply to a post clidd made seemed to indicate you found something particularly scummy there that you didn't like. The fact thag clidd was already voting for you also suggests otherwise.
In post 253, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 192, UNOwen wrote:@Goldfish - you may have missed my question
In post 166, Crescent wrote: Who was copying what now?
gibus first post copies Elsa first post, "stick to the basics" looks more suggestive without this context.
Yeah I did miss it sorry,
So my logic at the time was that we were a few real time days into the game and gibus basically hadn't produced any content except for some joking around and a vote that didn't look serious, I didn't think scum would risk that because in my experience scum tend to have a high post count early on day one to try and seem present and helpful, steer the game, and avoid being scumread for lurking, if they are going to drop off it usually happens much later.

The read is tentative and is subject to change though and now that some proper content is happening I'll need to look through again.

I like this set, simple and transparent. It gives the impression of someone playing in real time, without a plan in mind.

There are other slots that share the simplicity, but I believe Goldfish is unique within this classification.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Ugh. Clidd's postings over the last few pages feel a bit more town to me now.
If there's scum in the Eiralox/Crescent back and forth it's Crescent, IMO. But I can see it being town/town.

@Elsa, do you feel better about UNOWen at all since they've made a few more posts?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 260, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 258, Vivax wrote:

I think you're right, it does tip towards mafia, and I don't think it's acceptable regardless of how voting is done.

I'm going to summon the deamon
This is a prod vote, not an indication I think U are scum.
I think you undercut the strength of your vote when you tell the target that it's not serious.
But I'm gonna sheep this anyway.

UNVOTE: Elsa

Content plz Not_Mafia, otherwise happy to eliminate.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

VOTE: Not_Mafia (4/7)

I don't think we need to be quick about this, but I'm find being parked on it if we're going to get more information from the elimination than the player.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

U
N
O
w
e
n

E
l
s
a
J
a
y

c
l
i
d
d

G
e
o
r
g
e
B
a
i
l
e
y

g
e
r
a
i
n
t
m

C
o
r
w
i
n
o
i
d

C
r
e
s
c
e
n
t

g
i
b
u
s

G
o
l
d
f
i
s
h
F
r
o
m
T
h
e
M
o
o
n

V
i
v
a
x

A
l
e
x
c
e
l
l
e
n
t

E
i
r
a
l
o
x

N
o
t
_
M
a
f
i
a
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Excellent post, clearly we are mistaken.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by Crescent »

He seriously just put names in random order on a rainbow font while of course putting himself at the bottom.

Why do you people even let this guy sign up for games? How do you read such nonsense
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 272, Crescent wrote:He seriously just put names in random order on a rainbow font while of course putting himself at the bottom.

Why do you people even let this guy sign up for games? How do you read such nonsense
Just wait, it gets worse.

No really, I checked, it does. But apparently he gets a lot of kudos after games, so, Not_Bad_at_Mafia?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 273, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 272, Crescent wrote:He seriously just put names in random order on a rainbow font while of course putting himself at the bottom.

Just wait, it gets worse.

No really, I checked, it does. But apparently he gets a lot of kudos after games, so, Not_Bad_at_Mafia?
I have zero issue removing a player like this day 1 on policy if they refuse to contribute anything meaningful to the game. Even if said player is town, town still benefits by their removal as early as possible.

In 2272, town removed an openly detrimental player who ended up being town, but outright stopped playing to win on day 1. Town then went onto stomp the scum into the ground on days 2 and 3 so hard they conceded.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”