GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

vote count 1.12

with 14 votes in play, it takes 8 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-06-14 01:30:00).

yeet
humaneatingmonkey [4]:
Dwlee99, Titus, implosion, Roden
MathBlade [2]:
Gamma Emerald, Save The Dragons
Aristeia [2]:
humaneatingmonkey, Enchant
Dwlee99 [2]:
Ausuka, MathBlade

Not Voting [4]:
Bellaphant, Wallflower, Aristeia, Harley Quinn

mod notes~ humaneatingmonkey v/la wednesday to friday.
~ Gamma Emerald v/la for a week.
~ dual mod iso.
~ this is mod note.

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GeorgeBailey
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You are

And so?

Tomorrow is a new day.

I can’t create a wagon

Without anyway to pressure anyone there isn’t a way to read anyone

We’re literally just waiting for the inevitable miselim

The group decided no one is moving their vote from HEM and Ari is there in spirit.

I would need almost the entire rest of the game to even mount anything worth a response

Game is just in stuck dead mode
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:31 pm

Post by Wallflower »

In post 1272, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1270, Gamma Emerald wrote:idk
but I dislike how he's being hard to work with when it comes to explaining reads
which is ironic because I think he pushed StD for that earlier
I don’t really see a point right now

HEM is the de facto elim

No one is going to change their minds

From HEM’s flip and who scum kill I can see where to go from here

I likely don’t die

There just literally is no point in it
I'm only up to page 19 atm (it feels like it's 70% Ari vs. HEM gosh) so obviously the vibe could have drastically changed or something, but just looking at recent posts, time to deadline, vote count etc. from an external perspective, this sort of resignation to HEM being flipped when you think they're town seems... excessive?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1277, Wallflower wrote:
but I dislike how he's being hard to work with when it comes to explaining reads

HEM is the de facto elim

I likely don’t die

I'm only up to page 19 atm (it feels like it's 70% Ari vs. HEM gosh) so obviously the vibe could have drastically changed or something, but just looking at recent posts, time to deadline, vote count etc. from an external perspective, this sort of resignation to HEM being flipped when you think they're town seems... excessive?
It’s more everyone has not wanted to discuss my scumreads in Dwlee and Titus

And I am incapable of explaining my HEM TR so yeah I am just waiting for the flip or when people want to discuss wagons or try having a second wagon today.

It just sort of is what it is
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Mechanical Condamnation shall roll out once more…
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:50 pm

Post by Wallflower »

In post 685, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Math catching up makes me confident to say thats hes town or at least hes doing this because he recognizes that ill spot if hes doing the same shtick he did from our last game
you just said that you'd die be the Math-town read and now you've got the "or at least he's doing this because he recognizes..." disclaimer?? which is it?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1278, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1277, Wallflower wrote:

HEM is the de facto elim

I likely don’t die

It’s more everyone has not wanted to discuss my scumreads in Dwlee and Titus

And I am incapable of explaining my HEM TR so yeah I am just waiting for the flip or when people want to discuss wagons or try having a second wagon today.

It just sort of is what it is
I don't think anyone said they don't want to talk about your scum reads. As far as what you said to me, you just kinda asked me what I thought of a Titus/Dwlee/Gamma team, and while I mostly disagreed with it I didn't say the first two were impossible by any means. I didn't get a response to it at all actually.

After I died in Flash Games I still kept up a bit and saw what you had to say about my read on Titus, so I know you can expound on what makes her scummy and when you think someone is reading her incorrectly.

As for Dwlee, you and Titus have opposing reads on them but I don't really understand why? I feel like that's something you can dig into here and feels really important for understanding the game state.

And if you really think HEM is town then you need to explain it, it's not worth hiding why you TR him if he gets mis-elim'd. You're not even implying that it would break any rules to explain it, so I don't get why you would hold back there.
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 658, humaneatingmonkey wrote:In all games, if Math is trying to take the town towards HIS direction - Math town
If Math is trying to let the town do what they want and pander to existing talking points - Math scum

Ill die by this read
I wish I could ask HEM which one he thinks it is, since Math seems resigned to him flipping.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

I need to be sold on a scumread, however it does concern me that no one is really trying to save HEM and HEM not doing much could just be related to his just recovering from surgery, so it’s frustrating. Hopefully he does more tomorrow.

Also not sure why he’s claiming vt? It’s kind’ve antitown to do that in case he isn’t flipped and it doesn’t actually tell us anything about his alignment.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

Roden hit the nail on the head. Math hasn’t really adequately explained why HEM is town or Titus/Dwlee scum. However, if Titus doesn’t change her read on Roden, that might be concerning, because he’s very clearly doing stuff now, more than most of the playerlist in fact.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

I’m gonna say Gamma and Roden are now my top trs.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1283, Harley Quinn wrote:I need to be sold on a scumread, however it does concern me that no one is really trying to save HEM and HEM not doing much could just be related to his just recovering from surgery, so it’s frustrating. Hopefully he does more tomorrow.

Also not sure why he’s claiming vt? It’s kind’ve antitown to do that in case he isn’t flipped and it doesn’t actually tell us anything about his alignment.
Math sure is trying to save HEM.

And I feel like scum here going out of their way to save HEM-scum would be pretty difficult to do in a way that doesn't tie you to HEM here.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by implosion »

I can see some of the reasons people are giving for Math scum and I'm pretty much falling back to "Idk how to read him reliably".
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 1285, Harley Quinn wrote:I’m gonna say Gamma and Roden are now my top trs.
Can you talk to me about Roden?
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by Wallflower »

Okay we made it!

I have (sort of) read the game.

Whew.

I feel pretty good about HQ, Gamma, Dwlee, Aristeia being town.
Ausuka and Bellaphant also give me vaguely positive feelings but I'm not, like, solid. Kind of like ice cream, a weird not-quite-solid, not-quite-liquid amount of certainty!

Mmmm ice cream.

But yes!

The dwlee read seems most at odds with where other people might be at, but I think that in particular comes from a town mindset, and in a similar way, . I think it's a bit bold of scum to be outright "I like this person because they townread me!" in the way that Dwlee has, but it's an approach that feels consistent with how they are playing this game.

I might need to read over some things again, but when it comes to HEM I just feel... underwhelmed. If they flip scum I'd be like "yeah sure, that makes sense". If they flip town I'd be like "yeah sure, that makes sense". I just can't bring myself to feel stongly either way.

I do have a bit of a pet scumread in implosion. Particularly the insistence on being enthusiastic about the HEM wagon after being called out for exploring other options/being non-committal feels like more of a response to that than true progression of the read.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Opinion on math/Titus?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 1288, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 1285, Harley Quinn wrote:I’m gonna say Gamma and Roden are now my top trs.
Can you talk to me about Roden?
His recent posts read super solvey to me and I thought even his post about my alts looked like an attempt to sort me.

VOTE: Mathblade

I’ve been thinking a lot about the game and I don’t believe Math means anything he said. The 180 on STD looked fake af and he’s tunnelling Dwlee, idi why? He sr’s Ausaka for being “nice”. My bs detector totally went off at that. I actually believe her sr on Dwlee is genuine though unlike Math’s.

The putting one of the most obvtown players in his PoE because he’s usually trs Gamma early or some more nonsense is what really put it over. He called him tvt but all that changed after he voted him.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:06 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 1286, implosion wrote:
In post 1283, Harley Quinn wrote:I need to be sold on a scumread, however it does concern me that no one is really trying to save HEM and HEM not doing much could just be related to his just recovering from surgery, so it’s frustrating. Hopefully he does more tomorrow.

Math sure is trying to save HEM.

And I feel like scum here going out of their way to save HEM-scum would be pretty difficult to do in a way that doesn't tie you to HEM here.
He also seems pretty deflated about it to and I would think town!Math trying to save town!HEM would move heaven and earth trying to save him but it’s also possible HEM is a Math pocket but Math’s very obvious unhappiness about that wagon leads me to think otherwise. Basically I’m nullscum on HEM and hard sr Math.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:12 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

corrrection: leanscum not nullscum

Also town!Math sounds really genuine and here he seems to be sr people who don’t fall in line. He was tr me until I didn’t blindly go along with the program. Had I said raw raw Dwlee!scum and voted them, he’d probably be hard tr me for it. He switched his scumread on Ausuka after she voted them.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:07 am

Post by Titus »

I'm debating changing my vote to Math but I need to catchup and see if I feel this way this afternoon. The fact Math is resigning himself to what he argues is a miselimination feels really scummy. While I've read none of Roden's posts in detail, the length along with the hyperlinks suggest an attempt at an impact so I can sort the slot.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:12 am

Post by Aristeia »

VOTE: HEM

I don't think it makes sense to elim Mathblade before HEM and I think there are several moments that are kind of townie for MB - like that time when he said I should know he's town or w/e.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1295, Aristeia wrote:VOTE: HEM

I don't think it makes sense to elim Mathblade before HEM and I think there are several moments that are kind of townie for MB - like
that time when he said I should know he's town or w/e.
How so?
<Embrace The Void>

Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:48 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 1290, Gamma Emerald wrote:Opinion on math/Titus?
I have uhh been putting off making up my mind about those two. With both of them, I'm conflicted.

Titus has a few posts that are interpreting other players' behaviour in a fairly reachy way and stating it as fact, which on the surface feels sort of manipulative, but I'd maybe lean towards it being town just stating what they think and not really seeing reason to doubt it. Examples are ("Roden still has no drive to solve"), ("Dwlee tries to have an impact" - especially bizarre tbh) and particularly about Enchant, which I still don't really understand as what Enchant was saying.
I'm also still deciding on what I think of the accusations of "shopping" whenever people are considering votes other than HEM.

I think at one point during my read-through I was feeling more confident in Mathblade being scum, and I don't remember exactly why I softened on that (it's been... a day). , but I think it might have been partly because reading through put the approach to HEM a bit more into context for me. Maybe it's HEM's recent absence but I felt that feeling of it being sort of inevitable too. It's hard to explain.
And right now I'm staring at and I want to townread it because it resonates hard but it's also an easy post to make as scum and if mathlade is aware of his moonlogicky meta then that would make sense of the awkwardly obstinate posting that had me so concerned to begin with.

I guess that probably gives the best idea of where I'm at with them right now? Hopefully it will become clearer now that I'm actually in the game, rather than trying to quickly read through.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:53 am

Post by Aristeia »

well look at it from his POV if he's actually scum and defending scum!HEM from me.

what does he actually get from saying that I should have a 100% readrate on him?

(1) It's fairly unlikely he can yeet me in this game state, he lacks charisma and thread control and he acknowledges it.

So if I run over HEM and HEM flips scum, I'll just come for him tommorrow and kill him.

(2) If he somehow gets everyone to vote me out today where does that leave him/hem tomm? I'm flipped town, and he's on the record saying that Town!Me should have a 100% readrate on him - so he/hem probly get killed d2/d3.

It's just not really a line of play that gets him anywhere.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am actually using this to prove HEM town.

If people actually believed I was scum with HEM they’d all still be voting HEM like Ari says

Since I can’t explain it with words then I can explain it by using people’s wagon movements
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”