Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1743, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1732, Dunnstral wrote:Dwlee can you now explain how what you post in relates to this game

So you've pointed out something in another game, but where does it come up in this game? The so-called derisive OMGUS, as it were.
In post 1733, Dunnstral wrote:Also I'm interested in what the tonal differences you mentioned in are
You are being more differential I think. Like posts like these feel very appeasy is the way I would put it, which is also what Noraa has described as being your scum game
I know we've moved past this, but you said you were sheeping Sircakez' reasons for 1711 but you only bring up Noraa instead. But I had asked you to relate the Sircakez' stuff to here.

As for the appeasing argument, the only post you give an example for is my current posts, and not something that happens before your 1660. Also when I asked you those questions I didn't think you would be able to answer them (and I don't think you really did as I pointed out above).
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Val89 »

@fireisred: I don't need to know further details, but can you consider letting us know if you have any idea what Kovu is talking about, and if you concur with the assessment.

I worry that the more times I see Kovu poping in with this sort of obviously antitown play; the business with RR/Mala, the fucking around with Luke, and now this, the more I wonder if it's actually deliberate.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1840, Dwlee99 wrote:Also meuh and VP are coordinating to try to rush through the phase
do you think that scum partners are likely to do this? i assume that's what you're saying here. i feel like it would require there to be a really good reason for them to choose to do that in a way that could be noticeable, what's the reason?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1851, Val89 wrote:@fireisred: I don't need to know further details, but can you consider letting us know if you have any idea what Kovu is talking about, and if you concur with the assessment.

I worry that the more times I see Kovu poping in with this sort of obviously antitown play; the business with RR/Mala, the fucking around with Luke, and now this, the more I wonder if it's actually deliberate.
ill say that i know what she's talking about and that i don't want to lim cakez today
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1850, Dunnstral wrote:I know we've moved past this, but you said you were sheeping Sircakez' reasons for 1711 but you only bring up Noraa instead. But I had asked you to relate the Sircakez' stuff to here.

As for the appeasing argument, the only post you give an example for is my current posts, and not something that happens before your 1660. Also when I asked you those questions I didn't think you would be able to answer them (and I don't think you really did as I pointed out above).
I said in that the cakez stuff doesn't exist.

For other examples where I thought you were differential I'd say things like . I don't have a list of the posts I saw that I thought were differential when I was going through your ISO
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1852, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1840, Dwlee99 wrote:Also meuh and VP are coordinating to try to rush through the phase
do you think that scum partners are likely to do this? i assume that's what you're saying here. i feel like it would require there to be a really good reason for them to choose to do that in a way that could be noticeable, what's the reason?
It's WIFOM right? But yea I think partners would do this if for instance they felt one of them could get limmed otherwise. Or if they just want me to get to say less things before I die
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm probably about 95% that at least one of Meuh and VP are scum
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 1853, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1851, Val89 wrote:@fireisred: I don't need to know further details, but can you consider letting us know if you have any idea what Kovu is talking about, and if you concur with the assessment.

ill say that i know what she's talking about and that i don't want to lim cakez today
Thank you. There is so muchcoming from hat makes me
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Actually kinda leaning VP over Meuh here but if people feel otherwise I'm okay staying on Meuh
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 1853, fireisredsir wrote:

Thank you. There is so much crap coming from that slot that makes it difficult to know what to pay attention to and treat seriously.

UNVOTE:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1842, Dwlee99 wrote:Except I'm gonna flip town and regardless of my alignment you'll go "woops guess dwlee should have been townier" and we are just wasting a day phase
I don't think that is how I play as town at all. If I fuck up, I tend to just own my mistakes.

I will spend some time tomorrow giving you and Dunn another read because I'm not gonna be an asshole who just dismisses you here. But fair warning, I've been reading the game fairly closely even as I've been pretty busy the last couple days, and I haven't found your responses to pressure very persuasive.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

What are your thoughts on meuh?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Sample size scum=1, town=3 VP Baltar only says fair warning as scum
In post 38, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 35, catboi wrote:please go read the setup again.
Fair warning, in games like this, I'll probably ask lots of dumb questions about the setup/mechanics.
Certified stupid reason to catch someone but if anyone wants to check more games that'd be epic
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 166, VP Baltar wrote:Also, fair warning to everyone, I definitely will struggle at this pace of a game. I'm super overloaded at work right now.
They are town here
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Okay thanks I figured it couldn't be that easy ><
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1862, Dwlee99 wrote:Sample size scum=1, town=3 VP Baltar only says fair warning as scum
Fair warning, in games like this, I'll probably ask lots of dumb questions about the setup/mechanics.
Certified stupid reason to catch someone but if anyone wants to check more games that'd be epic
Haha, I cannot believe town you would think verbal tics are a legit scum tell.

Anyhow, my thoughts on Meuh were possibly scum for part of this day, but their thought process is so illogical to me, it feels like town spewing at points, particularly when Meuh was the lead wagon earlier.
YOUR AD HERE

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I've seen people caught with verbal tics before
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Ex. MathBlade used to have a penchant for calling people "teapot reads" when scum
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

How about specifically and
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by gorilla »

In post 1862, Dwlee99 wrote:Sample size scum=1, town=3 VP Baltar only says fair warning as scum
He used it as town here and also in 2013 and 2011, although I assume you don't care about those as much.

(also, you can just search someone's post history for a phrase rather than checking individual games).
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by gorilla »

I kind of doubt scum goes for as desperate an attack as trying to get someone on a verbal tell, though? meh.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1868, Dwlee99 wrote:How about specifically and
I will give these a read in depth again tomorrow.

@gorilla - idk, seems like a desperation move to me
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Ugh, I feel like I'm just being yanked around by a string with putting in the effort to try to get Dunn elim'd and the wagons immediately swinging away from him onto a secondary scum read of mine because I'm not around mid-day when everyone's posting

On Dunn's readspost - The Lukewarm read feels a little self-serving given that Luke's 1606 that he mentioned was Luke scumreading Cakez for what he said about Dunn, though I am a bit biased on that given my current read on Dunn. The other townreads before the leans are fine, but the lean town reads I disagree with (for marci & Meuh), & was easily fakeable b/c of how vague it was (Dunn "liked some of what they posted")

I think I had something of Meuh's to respond to that I'll get to in a sec
@R&R - I think you mentioned you had a strong town read on Meuh earlier, can you go into a bit of detail on that for me? (or link/quote where you posted it earlier if you did and I'm just missing it)
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1726, Meuh wrote:
In post 1714, Gammagooey wrote:some parts of Meuh's #1589 feel gross
What feels gross about it, and do you think these “gross” parts make me scum?
I listed the parts I felt bad about literally immediately after part you quoted - in the 2nd part of your response to 3), I didn't like the original "I did it as scum so he's probably also doing it as scum" jump on Lavar without considering your previous read on him, and I wouldn't be surprised if you did that as scum to have a solid reason to scumread a town player. (though tbf I do think it can plausibly come from town or scum)
And in 4) the parts I quoted
Meuh wrote:4. There was a vote on Gorilla, I like voting where there's votes.
5. I wanted to see where the wagon went to assess Enchant better, like I did with Lavar on day 1.
6. While making my readslist, I realized how unsubstantial my read on Gorilla was at that point. Questioning myself on it, it felt like an odd read to let exist in spite of this.
just don't feel like a genuine town thought process to me, it feels like an overjustification of something you didn't actually put as much thought into as you're saying you did now.

There's like a minor mitigating factor in that fire was specifically asking for more of your reasoning on the gorilla read so part of the "overjustification" I felt may have been you going into more detail than usual to answer his question, but I still don't believe you were thinking about the parts I quoted at the beginning of Day 2 when the gorilla/marci thing was originally happening.

Also as an unrelated thing:
In post 1736, Meuh wrote:
In post 1734, Dunnstral wrote:@Luke

My invictus will be on gorilla tonight. I don't feel bad about claiming this because I really don't think I will be targeted by mafia or that they benefit from shooting into that. I'm telling you this so you have somewhere to use your power role if you can't coordinate anything before an elimination is reached. I think it would not be a bad idea for a few people to do the same, but that for most people this would be a bad idea.
Okay yeah let's maybe not lim Dunn today

Also I just remembered a good bit of what had me clear Dwlee earlier was the LLD kill. Meh I guess that's relevant, but not enough to avoid limming an otherwise scummy player imo. This also makes me curious: could the mafia have like a doctor? (Who would then block invictus kills) That could be a way to mitigate town's power and make mass-targeting one person bad, right?
I would bet the game on scum not having a full doctor, it defeats the entire point of the Invictus mechanic. (scum needing to play around their nightkills potentially Invictus shots). scum had a bodyguard in the last Invictus game, and either that or something like 1-shot of any of doc/jailkeeper/mayyybe bulletproof (though that's pushing it) could potentially exist though.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1871, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1868, Dwlee99 wrote:How about specifically and
I will give these a read in depth again tomorrow.

@gorilla - idk, seems like a desperation move to me
You can't just ignore legitimate reason to think tells like this can be a thing and call it desperation

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”