Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Crescent »

The only thing I'm actually curious about in everything that happened is why NM voted for GB. GB is now more of a null to me, but his vote is in the right spot.

Given it came with no context at all, was it even a serious vote?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:19 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 449, Crescent wrote:
In post 447, Eiralox wrote:
In post 444, Crescent wrote:Oh it was only like... 32 other posts to read. Of course.

17 hours... And almost nothing of substance... And of course more posts of people whining about me wanting them to put actual work into a mafia game.

Scum's going to win this game - This town is too lazy to do anything but end up in coinflips.

Seriously please shoot me tonight. Please. If you don't shoot me tonight, the disdain I feel for this sad sack of a town will be focused squarely on you guys instead.

huh you really like making friends. i don't see George's reason for voting for Gera as substantive at all. might be town confirmation bias from your side. I'm feeling you're way too eager to green George at this point after earlier throwing shade on them. we'll see.
Either stop tunneling me and actually do something else or actually try to get me voted off.

I don't care which.
i don't think you've been readin this thread at all. this hyper-defensiveness(not only towards me btw, towards a lot of us) isn't helping you imo. tunneling you? tell me another. Earlier, yes, and I admitted it. Now? you don't have a leg to stand on.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:19 am

Post by UNOwen »

I don't think Elsa suggesting she didn't give me any further thought until now after my lame response to her initial poke is a good sign for her alignment.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Crescent »

Basically Eiralox strikes me as someone convinced by sheer dislike of me more than actually thinking I'm scum. Which, given where I come from, I'm used to just by virtue of being female.

So everything I ever say will turn into a blind reason for her to call me scum. Even getting a scum flip on Gera will not make this stop. I know players like this.

So either actually try to kill me with it or can it. It's too late in the day for our #2 poster to be saying almost the exact same thing every post without fully committing to it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 451, Eiralox wrote:
In post 449, Crescent wrote:
In post 447, Eiralox wrote:
In post 444, Crescent wrote:Oh it was only like... 32 other posts to read. Of course.

17 hours... And almost nothing of substance... And of course more posts of people whining about me wanting them to put actual work into a mafia game.

Scum's going to win this game - This town is too lazy to do anything but end up in coinflips.

Seriously please shoot me tonight. Please. If you don't shoot me tonight, the disdain I feel for this sad sack of a town will be focused squarely on you guys instead.

huh you really like making friends. i don't see George's reason for voting for Gera as substantive at all. might be town confirmation bias from your side. I'm feeling you're way too eager to green George at this point after earlier throwing shade on them. we'll see.
Either stop tunneling me and actually do something else or actually try to get me voted off.

I don't care which.
i don't think you've been readin this thread at all. this hyper-defensiveness(not only towards me btw, towards a lot of us) isn't helping you imo. tunneling you? tell me another. Earlier, yes, and I admitted it. Now? you don't have a leg to stand on.
Oh, just shut up.

Kill me, or don't.

Otherwise, shut up.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 452, UNOwen wrote:I don't think Elsa suggesting she didn't give me any further thought until now after my lame response to her initial poke is a good sign for her alignment.
How long was the time gap between the two?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 453, Crescent wrote:Basically Eiralox strikes me as someone convinced by sheer dislike of me more than actually thinking I'm scum. Which, given where I come from, I'm used to just by virtue of being female.

So everything I ever say will turn into a blind reason for her to call me scum. Even getting a scum flip on Gera will not make this stop. I know players like this.

So either actually try to kill me with it or can it. It's too late in the day for our #2 poster to be saying almost the exact same thing every post without fully committing to it.
again, there's a disconnect here. you haven't been reading imo. My scum leans are Elsa and George atm. I quote one post and you're onto me like a honey badger. And this after basically insulting everyone else here. Well, at this point I don't see the value in engaging with you. It muddies the waters and that I dislike. Good luck and have fun, see you on the other side.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and for the record I would have you on ignore right now if it were legal because your existence is distracting me from game solving. It was a MASSIVE help when I did it in a recent town game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and for the record I would have you on ignore right now if it were legal because your existence is distracting me from game solving. It was a MASSIVE help when I did it in a recent town game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 456, Eiralox wrote:
In post 453, Crescent wrote:Basically Eiralox strikes me as someone convinced by sheer dislike of me more than actually thinking I'm scum. Which, given where I come from, I'm used to just by virtue of being female.

again, there's a disconnect here. you haven't been reading imo. My scum leans are Elsa and George atm. I quote one post and you're onto me like a honey badger. And this after basically insulting everyone else here. Well, at this point I don't see the value in engaging with you. It muddies the waters and that I dislike. Good luck and have fun, see you on the other side.
You've called me scum a good 30 times this game. I'm not sure why you took me off your leans list but it's obvious as hell to anyone with eyes.

...Actually removing me from said list is... I actually don't understand the motive for doing it at all.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:28 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 455, Crescent wrote:
In post 452, UNOwen wrote:I don't think Elsa suggesting she didn't give me any further thought until now after my lame response to her initial poke is a good sign for her alignment.
How long was the time gap between the two?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Crescent »

Actually that's a really good forum question:

Why would someone who insists on calling me scum virtually every time I post assumedly take me off their vote list for the day? Is it just because I'm actually playing when half the game isn't?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Eiralox »

lol
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 442, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 427, Vivax wrote:
In post 402, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 398, Corwinoid wrote:
Crescent wrote:It's true he has not named anyone else as scummy, but he's also been somewhat engaged. I'm still null on Unowen though - It's nowhere near as bad as players like George.
Somewhat engaged how? The only people with less posts are gibus, GB and NM (and the mod), and almost half (5/13) of his posts including his RVS are engaging with me exclusively. This looks a lot more like someone trying to hide and shade a slot than any actual engagement.
Agreed, Uno hasn't moved their vote since RVS and the shade in [post]307[post] feels like, er, posturing? Or would the right word be rallying.

Like whether or not they should move their vote in case there's any traction.
Do you have a townread on Corwin?
No, but I don't have a scumread either.

I don't think his recent callout on UnOwen was scummy, I think it's pretty fair to call out someone for tunneling when they have very little expansion on their read.
Did he go in a townie way about it? Often mafia think they can't possibly be scumread off so little, and you get these discharges of frustration. In TvT in my experience it can lead to page-long shitfights, not this meek type of complaining.
As town he'd be better off ignoring it and offering a better alternative, he was also not the top wagon at the moment of the post iirc.

Either way, at best you'd have a reason to ask Owen to expand on his read, not call him mafia when Corwin isn't in your obvtown-pile.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Crescent »

Elsa's ISO is.... A lot more lacking than I expected it to be. Out of these 32 posts, there's less substance than I thought.

There isn't anything there that really screams town to me nor anything that screams scum to me. Some combined reads posts but they don't actually talk about most of the people in them. I would say it feels like a player that could be doing more than they are, but as for what that means that tends to be player specific.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 165, Elsa Jay wrote:Alrighty. Making my own tentative list of townies and scum.

People who are probs good

Crescent
Vivax
Umlaut
Alex
Eiralox
Clidd

Peeps who need more analysis

Corwin
Goldfish
George
Owen
Gera

If they die I wouldn't mind

NotMaf
Gibus
In post 435, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 430, UNOwen wrote:
In post 402, GeorgeBailey wrote: Agreed, Uno hasn't moved their vote since RVS and the shade in [post]307[post] feels like, er, posturing? Or would the right word be rallying.

Specifically with Elsa she wanted to know my opinion earlier and I told her I suspected Corwin without elaborating. Since she didn't press me further I'm wondering if she just accepted me saying that or if she's actually been following my posts and has an opinion on my opinion.

Which I'm still looking for btw
@Elsa
Re-reading your ISO again kinda had the opposite effect of what you wanted and now your on my lower end while reading Corwin moved him up. Like... Sometimes I get sticking to the first vote but tunneling so hard day 1? Nah.
In post 432, Vivax wrote:From a cursory ISO:

I think Elsa fell off a cliff too much for my taste which is in contrast to earlier activity.
Picking gibus and N_M as scum also looks baddish, they are in my launch-bait category, and Elsa didn't really look like they were putting in much effort after that list.
The whole Corwin/GB notion seems to fly by Elsa.
I put those 2 in a separate category from the people I actually thought were scummy/needed more content for a reason. Those were the acceptable policy ones.

My activity fell off a cliff for OOG work reasons. I started the game on my vacation so now I'm back to a normal busy time. Will be at work again today like I said yesterday but I am paying attention still.

Remaking my list now.

Townist:
Eiralox (definitely way better the before)
Vivax (seems to care enough about town to look into everything)
Alex (felt townie when fighting me)
Clidd (most gut but I think I played with them 2 years ago? Just feels good)

Null:
Crescent (down from before but definitely not killing today)
Corwin (Middle of the pack now so way better)
George (townier then the 3 below)
Goldfish (feels just... Like I haven't actually noticed a game changing post and feels like a wallflower))

Scummy:
Gera (don't know but they haven't rung townie immediately to me either so I'll trust the majority.)
Owen (hasn't responded well to anything really. Too obsessed)

Wouldn't care if dead but not for being evil. Just apathetic to it:
NotMaf (he is who he is)
Gibus (the guy I feel we should compromise on if we don't have a conclusion like my original plan stated)

That's my list. The big 3 I wanna focus on day 2 will probably be what's up with Goldfish Alex or Cres. Getting the alignment of those 3 solved will definitely help us solve whatever partners we can find.

Town investigative would be good on one of those 3 or maybe me/Eira. Checking a lower tier slot feels like a waste so definitely one of us 5.
I think you forgot to remake your list while remaking your list.
Also, the host is in the town pile xD
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 463, Vivax wrote:
Crescent wrote:It's true he has not named anyone else as scummy, but he's also been somewhat engaged. I'm still null on Unowen though - It's nowhere near as bad as players like George.
Somewhat engaged how? The only people with less posts are gibus, GB and NM (and the mod), and almost half (5/13) of his posts including his RVS are engaging with me exclusively. This looks a lot more like someone trying to hide and shade a slot than any actual engagement.
Agreed, Uno hasn't moved their vote since RVS and the shade in [post]307[post] feels like, er, posturing? Or would the right word be rallying.

I don't think his recent callout on UnOwen was scummy, I think it's pretty fair to call out someone for tunneling when they have very little expansion on their read.
Did he go in a townie way about it? Often mafia think they can't possibly be scumread off so little, and you get these discharges of frustration. In TvT in my experience it can lead to page-long shitfights, not this meek type of complaining.
As town he'd be better off ignoring it and offering a better alternative, he was also not the top wagon at the moment of the post iirc.

Either way, at best you'd have a reason to ask Owen to expand on his read, not call him mafia when Corwin isn't in your obvtown-pile.
I've hard scumread someone
two posts
into a game before. Yes, yes it often gets underestimated what can be picked up on.

It ultimately depends on the player. Higher end players tend to be more careful early on and stay firmly in their "null" zone. Lesser players or players who haven't played in a while can be more loose early and it can get them into trouble. Corwi doesn't have
high
scum equity, but he's had some level of scum equity essentially all game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 465, Vivax wrote:
In post 165, Elsa Jay wrote:Alrighty. Making my own tentative list of townies and scum.

Crescent
Vivax
Umlaut
Alex
Eiralox
Clidd

Corwin
Goldfish
George
Owen
Gera

NotMaf
Gibus
In post 402, GeorgeBailey wrote: Agreed, Uno hasn't moved their vote since RVS and the shade in [post]307[post] feels like, er, posturing? Or would the right word be rallying.

Specifically with Elsa she wanted to know my opinion earlier and I told her I suspected Corwin without elaborating. Since she didn't press me further I'm wondering if she just accepted me saying that or if she's actually been following my posts and has an opinion on my opinion.

@Elsa
Re-reading your ISO again kinda had the opposite effect of what you wanted and now your on my lower end while reading Corwin moved him up. Like... Sometimes I get sticking to the first vote but tunneling so hard day 1? Nah.

I think Elsa fell off a cliff too much for my taste which is in contrast to earlier activity.
Picking gibus and N_M as scum also looks baddish, they are in my launch-bait category, and Elsa didn't really look like they were putting in much effort after that list.
I put those 2 in a separate category from the people I actually thought were scummy/needed more content for a reason. Those were the acceptable policy ones.

My activity fell off a cliff for OOG work reasons. I started the game on my vacation so now I'm back to a normal busy time. Will be at work again today like I said yesterday but I am paying attention still.

Remaking my list now.

Townist:

Null:
Goldfish (feels just... Like I haven't actually noticed a game changing post and feels like a wallflower))

Scummy:
Gera (don't know but they haven't rung townie immediately to me either so I'll trust the majority.)

NotMaf (he is who he is)
Gibus (the guy I feel we should compromise on if we don't have a conclusion like my original plan stated)

That's my list. The big 3 I wanna focus on day 2 will probably be what's up with Goldfish Alex or Cres. Getting the alignment of those 3 solved will definitely help us solve whatever partners we can find.

Town investigative would be good on one of those 3 or maybe me/Eira. Checking a lower tier slot feels like a waste so definitely one of us 5.
Huh... Yet another thing I should've noticed on my own. Lord I'm not sharp this game.

The host being in that pile is either a total ADHD moment by town, or it's a major gaffe by scum just pulling names out of a hat to order randomly and accidentally including the host.

Now to somehow figure out which..
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:50 am

Post by gibus »

Unofficial Vote Count

GeorgeBailey (2):
Not_Mafia, Eiralox
Corwinoid (2):
UNOwen, vivax
geraintm (2):
clidd, GeorgeBailey
gibus (1):
Elsa Jay
clidd (1):
geraintm
Not_Mafia (1):
GoldfishFromTheMoon
UNOwen (1):
Corwinoid
Elsa Jay (1):
gibus

Not voting (2):
Crescent, Alexcellent

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-06-12 13:13:00)
outsmarts bullet
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:52 am

Post by Eiralox »

lol
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Vivax »

Spoiler:
In post 466, Crescent wrote:
In post 463, Vivax wrote:

I've hard scumread someone
two posts
into a game before. Yes, yes it often gets underestimated what can be picked up on.

It ultimately depends on the player. Higher end players tend to be more careful early on and stay firmly in their "null" zone. Lesser players or players who haven't played in a while can be more loose early and it can get them into trouble. Corwi doesn't have
high
scum equity, but he's had some level of scum equity essentially all game.
In post 467, Crescent wrote:
In post 465, Vivax wrote:

Crescent
Vivax
Umlaut
Alex
Eiralox
Clidd

Corwin
Goldfish
George
Owen
Gera

NotMaf
Gibus

@Elsa

Remaking my list now.

Townist:

Null:

Scummy:

NotMaf (he is who he is)

Huh... Yet another thing I should've noticed on my own. Lord I'm not sharp this game.

The host being in that pile is either a total ADHD moment by town, or it's a major gaffe by scum just pulling names out of a hat to order randomly and accidentally including the host.

Now to somehow figure out which..

I don't know if Corwin is higher end. Most high tier scum players I have experienced are able to cover up their mistakes just by being spammy as f*ck and having an imposant personality, so they end up convincing others that whatever their mistake was wasn't a big deal, plus they control part of the thread narrative through their presence. Takes lots of motivation though, so often you spot such a personality being mafia because you fish out a weaker teammate (so the stronger player loses motivation).

Could Elsa be the stronger player and one or two teammates under pressure so she fell off? Might take a few cycles to find that out.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 365, Crescent wrote: Eiralox is about as big a locktown as I'm ever putting someone on day 1.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Crescent »

Still an 8 way vote split huh.

The top 3 trains though... Cannot say any of them are particularly bad. Got one probable scum, and two guys with lingering scum equity that could definitely still give us more than they have.

We now have THREE pairs of people countervoting though: Elsa/Gibus, Clidd/Gera, Uno/Corwi. Many of these votes came a long time ago, too. I'd like to hear a renewed argument from both Elsa and Gibus about why their votes are still there. Uno's spoken on it lately, Corwi countervoted because he got... Tired of it? Gera blatantly countered on Clidd, then called it "random" (sure. "random".) and has left it sitting there while shading me. But these two? I need more out of these two.

I'm not sure I've ever seen so much countervoting as I have so far this game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:04 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 471, Eiralox wrote:
In post 365, Crescent wrote: Eiralox is about as big a locktown as I'm ever putting someone on day 1.
When did I ever say otherwise?

Though, I just figured out the answer.

You're getting off on this antagonism. You want to keep me around so you can continue to do so.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 464, Crescent wrote:Elsa's ISO is.... A lot more lacking than I expected it to be. Out of these 32 posts, there's less substance than I thought.

There isn't anything there that really screams town to me nor anything that screams scum to me. Some combined reads posts but they don't actually talk about most of the people in them. I would say it feels like a player that could be doing more than they are, but as for what that means that tends to be player specific.
oh fuck i'm so worn out i was thinking this post was about me. Elsa's ISO is lacking. Their readlist did not make me happy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”