Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Luke, when you respond. I think you should just consider a different lim target. Gorilla seems fairly unpopular, and you look pretty scummy for the level of commitment you have there. Shooting dwlee or a more universal scum read is more protown.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2022, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2021, Gammagooey wrote:@Luke - Again, you don't have to answer this right away b/c you're low on posts

but if Dunn flips scum, isn't that a pretty good reason to not vig/Invictus gorilla? Considering that he would be right about at least your reasons for finding Dunn-town being bad, if not (assuming you're town) your actual alignment? It feels like you're going all-in on gorilla scum even when a Dunn-scum flip objectively makes him much less likely to be scum.
this is actually a very good point and if luke is scum it may be TMIing dunn as town

gorilla paired with dunn makes not much sense, and luke says that he is willing to elim dunn as long as he still gets to shoot gorilla after??

the only way i can see that statement making any sense as town is if he is 100% deadset on gorilla scum and wants to shoot him out no matter what. but then why be okay with a dunn elim? in that world he should be fighting hard to lim someone else because he should think dunn is town. and if he thinks dunn could be scum, then why would he still want to 100% shoot gorilla? it sounds like he already knows what dunn will flip
I doubt that gorilla and dunn are partnered.

My number 1 goal in this moment is to kill gorilla, because I have become very convinced that gorilla is scum. All of my other scum reads are off the table for the day.

I don't really care who is today's elim, because I just want to kill gorilla over night. From the moment I voted Dwlee and asked for the day to end, I have largely stopped caring about who the elim is, because I have it in my power to just kill my scum read out right.

Maybe that is bad play. But, I don't get to day kill the people that I want. No one wants gorilla and no one will go for cakez. So, I am ready for us to go to the night phase, and then let the game go on tomorrow with or with out me, but with approximately 5 more flips then we have right now (elim, night kill, NK's invictus, my kill, and my kill's invictus).

Trying to sort through 17 people, but being told that I can't kill anyone I want to kill today has largely killed off my desire to optimize this day phase. And I am just more invested in the kill that i do have some say in . My vig kill over night.

You seem to be assuming that today's elim is the most important thing for me right now, but I am a PR drunk with power, focused more on utilizing that power the way I wish.

------

As such, I have not really been focused on toDay's elim in the last like 12 hours.

My preference was for dwlee to go, and for me to twin with Dunn. Based on my read of gorilla, I think dunn is probably town since not partnered.

But, if people are going to ignore me, and kill dunn anyways, then I want an alternative way to get to gorilla.

It might be prudent for me to have an option for a target, if dunn dies and flips scum. But that is not my preference, and was not the main thing I was thinking about.

How about Marci on gorilla, and Baltar on enchant.

And if dunn flips scum, baltar can have enchant then.

pedit: if you wanted to control the vig shot, you should have randed into the pr. Sorry.

but as it stands, I got it. My goal is not to avoid looking "pretty scummy" it is to shoot my scum read. What do I care how I look while doing it, since it appears he is committed to keeping his invictus on me, so we are both going down tonight
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:53 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Just as an aside, I have not been enjoying this game terribly much.

Obviously, I would prefer gorilla not have me as their Invictus, but if I die taking out a really strong scum read, that seems like a good enough way to walk out of this game.

If I am right, I am going out in a blaze of glory.

If I am wrong, I will save myself and the rest of the thread from dealing with me incorrectly tunneled on him for the rest of the game
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2025, VP Baltar wrote:Luke, when you respond. I think you should just consider a different lim target. Gorilla seems fairly unpopular, and you look pretty scummy for the level of commitment you have there. Shooting dwlee or a more universal scum read is more protown.
ngl, my read on baltar has tanked pretty heavily since I outed I was planning to kill gorilla.

Like, look at this.

He is not calling gorilla town. He is not telling me why I am wrong.

He is telling me that killing gorilla would make me look scummy. Like, what???

This feels very much like trying to save a partner, while trying to appear just like The Voice of Reason, not someone who thinks that gorilla is town this game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I do think gorilla is town. I literally just spent a bunch of time scrutinizing his ISO and his moves around lavar. I was looking for scum motivation because he and i havent really agreed on stuff a ton...but its not there. If I came away from that with a bad feeling, I wouldn't be trying to run interference here.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

If you want to shoot cakez, I would invictus with you there.
YOUR AD HERE

Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Enchant »

Next person who will whine about shoting me, but will not vote me will eat my vote.

... One vote probably not issue BUT STILL.

... Actually i don't mind being vigged, if you want let me invictus someone i will be happy, so maybe it's not horrible idea, but why not shot scum dire...
Wait, then scum can invictus town PRs...
Yeah, vigs sucks.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2030, VP Baltar wrote:If you want to shoot cakez, I would invictus with you there.
Kovu/fire should out whatever info they have on cakez before either of us consider this option.

But this is basically the only other person I would consider over gorilla atm
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Enchant »

Mmm.

Yeah, vigging lurktowns is actually benefits more than vigging scum.

So i ALLOW you to vig me, so i can safely dispose of someone. If you shot scum instead, result same, but scum will target valuable players and i will annoy you further.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 2030, VP Baltar wrote:If you want to shoot cakez, I would invictus with you there.
no
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2034, Kovu wrote:
no
Stop faking clears on people.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Enchant »

I have clear on Enchant
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 2035, Bell wrote:
no
IT'S NOT FAKE, LITERALLY STOP SAYING IT IS.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Bell »

…>.> I just don’t know how to say this after my last game with Luke but I really think this is their town game because they seem *this* close to having a meltdown and seem pretty mad overall. Whenever they get pushed this has been my experience with town Luke.

But I’ve never played with scum luke.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:39 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2037, Kovu wrote:
no
This isn’t what someone with a real result would say, they would say, “actually yeah I lied” and then when you get shot, you demonstrated that you lied about lying.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:39 am

Post by Kovu »

genuinely so freaking annoying, like I have a legit clear, then yall are all "Mala's soft is real!! must act as it is!!!" and mala just won't confirm it's real/do anything, yet we're not going "Get RR!!!" like, seriously. just leave cakez alone and stop freaking assuming I'm faking it
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 2039, Bell wrote:
In post 2037, Kovu wrote:
no
This isn’t what someone with a real result would say, they would say, “actually yeah I lied” and then when you get shot, you demonstrated that you lied about lying.
... fine I'm lying. you happy?
(I genuinely still have clearing info for cakez, but must not be real so whatever)
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Enchant »

Kovu that's why you don't fake PRs, people will think you are compulsive liar.

Also i am innocent child, thinking about revealing.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Bell »

I’m not assuming you’re faking it. I think you’re taking it because you’ve faked clears in the past and showed zero inclination you were going to take any feed back about it or even really acknowledged people’s concerns.

Sure thanks.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:42 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2038, Bell wrote:…>.> I just don’t know how to say this after my last game with Luke but I really think this is their town game because they seem *this* close to having a meltdown and seem pretty mad overall. Whenever they get pushed this has been my experience with town Luke.

But I’ve never played with scum luke.
i don't think its exclusive to town luke

viewtopic.php?p=13383060#p13383060
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 2042, Enchant wrote:Kovu that's why you don't fake PRs, people will think you are compulsive liar.
Also i am innocent child, thinking about revealing.
Guess fun isn't allowed when you're a stupid VT every single game... like, I finally have a cool role.. yet no one will just leave cakez alone, like, there's a giant Dwlee wagon, do people like it? hate it? like, go there sure, or marci or meuh. I don't care. but apparently my name has to be Mala and I have to do absolutely nothing to have my clears respected
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 2043, Bell wrote:I’m not assuming you’re faking it. I think you’re taking it because you’ve faked clears in the past and showed zero inclination you were going to take any feed back about it or even really acknowledged people’s concerns.

Sure thanks.
why do I care about your concerns with my clear?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Bell »

See that’s the thing. I respect their possible fake clear on R&R while simultaneously acknowledging that they’re probably scum and just gambiting to live another day phase because that’s better than efforting.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2046, Kovu wrote:
In post 2043, Bell wrote:I’m not assuming you’re faking it. I think you’re taking it because you’ve faked clears in the past and showed zero inclination you were going to take any feed back about it or even really acknowledged people’s concerns.

Sure thanks.
why do I care about your concerns with my clear?
Beats me lol.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 2047, Bell wrote:See that’s the thing. I respect their possible fake clear on R&R while simultaneously acknowledging that they’re probably scum and just gambiting to live another day phase because that’s better than efforting.
so you respect that, but don't respect me? got it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”