Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Then again I'm exhausted and roasting in my skin in this heat wave so what the hell do I know, I need a shower and then some sleep
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by marcistar »

shed ur skin like a snake
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

...in the shape of a woman?
I'm sorry.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2167, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2074, skitter30 wrote:Marci's stuff from like irl today (i.e. refusing to give reads, losing energy when pushed) i think is actually pretty prototypical of her scumgame
skitt I wanted to ask, is this based on direct experience with her? if so, which games
ffery's tarot mafia
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=87040
this is where most of my impression of her scumgame stems from

~
i'm liking neither pav nor marci rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Aristeia »

i wish i could help you more but my brain is like cooked and the words are blurring together hope you are town skitter pls carry me <3
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2179, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: gamma emerald
fuck it, I'm clearly not fucking welcome in this game
don't understand where this is stemming from today
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2198, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not sure if this really holds up or makes sense but I have this feeling that if Gamma is scum then marci is highly likely to be a partner because of Gamma's TR on marci and the way they don't seem to have interactions meant to sort each other, also it would mean scum!Gamma got really defensive about the idea that they were paired

but I don't think it works the other way, like a marci scumflip wouldn't necessarily point me to Gamma scum, I could see worlds where marci's been tunneling her to rile her up

p-edit: I mean I'm voting marci and I don't think your reasons for townreading her are very good

the thing I'm trying to work through right now is if Pav is more likely to be scum and if I should switch there, or if this is some kinda intentional counterwagon on town to derail from a scum!marci wagon
ig i'm not sure about marci championing a gamma wagon for much of day1 - that seems anti-partner-y to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2229, Aristeia wrote:i wish i could help you more but my brain is like cooked and the words are blurring together hope you are town skitter pls carry me <3
>.>

i think pav's kinda uninspiring
and i kinda don't like that marci has literally no reads that she can share off the top of her head without major prompting

ig just feelign like there's a lot of options to vote rn and idk how to find the scum in them
Show
Hiatus once more.

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by Coral »

I scumread Pavowski's early play due to the feeling that he was trying to make an effort to fit in to the ~vibes~ and wasn't entirely succeeding, and was doing so mostly instead of trying to sort people.

Now I don't really feel the same, it feels more like he's struggling to get his footing but also that he isn't particularly trying to.

I'm not sure what to make of that. I also feel like there's multiple slots here who in a typical game I really would not like to survive to endgame, but due to the escape mechanic I'm worried that if we don't catch them now they will just get away.

pedit: I see that skitter is expressing a similar sentiment and now my gut is doubting my read there
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2232, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2229, Aristeia wrote:i wish i could help you more but my brain is like cooked and the words are blurring together hope you are town skitter pls carry me <3
>.>

i think pav's kinda uninspiring
and i kinda don't like that marci has literally no reads that she can share off the top of her head without major prompting

ig just feelign like there's a lot of options to vote rn and idk how to find the scum in them
me neither i am just going to trust you unconditionally and if you were scum its not my fault cuz everyone else is scummier
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ok sounds like a plan
Show
Hiatus once more.

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by Meuh »

Skitter being scum seems unlikely, both as an individual and within the context of the game
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by Coral »

Things would definitely be easier if she weren't, but there's things that concern me. What makes you think it's unlikely?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

what are the things that concern you again?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2237, Coral wrote:Things would definitely be easier if she weren't, but there's things that concern me. What makes you think it's unlikely?
The way people position themselves around her gives me the impression she's someone scum want as a lim at some point.
Also, I recall her voicing concerns about the general gamestate and her own perception of the game, which felt both natural and motivated by an intent to solve. :cool:
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE COUNT 2.4[5]
Pavowski
: Meuh, skitter30, Aristeia, Titus, GuiltyLion

[3]
marcistar
: Isis, The Ugly Fruit, SirCakez

[1]
Gamma Emerald
: Gamma Emerald

[3]
Not voting
: marcistar, Coral, Pavowski

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day two ends in (expired on 2022-06-21 19:53:27)

MOD NOTES
• please let me know if there are any errors, i do this by hand.

• have fun!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2237, Coral wrote:Things would definitely be easier if she weren't, but there's things that concern me. What makes you think it's unlikely?
this is literally my pov for why I asked skitter that question so why were you busting my ass about it?????????
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Coral »

I'll try to explain my thoughts!! Sorry if this is a bit long :)

Titus posts this:
In post 864, Titus wrote:Maybe it's Beat Pav Gamma with stubborn town on Cakez

not long after, skitter posts this:
In post 936, skitter30 wrote:i feel like titus has really weird (?) scumreads and interactions with the gamma wagon
would be curious why you think she's townie if u could articulate it

At the time, Gamma had 5 votes, and skitter was sort of conflicted on her while also not townreading her, as seen in , and was willing to vote there. Whatever skitter's read is, though, it seems she should understand the basis for the Gamma suspicion even if she doesn't quite feel it in her heart. So I don't think Gamma would be what she's referring to as a weird scumread.

Beat and Pavowski weren't main wagons at the time, but I'm not sure they qualify as weird scumreads? I think at that point both felt like they were struggling to fit into the crowd in a way that could be scummy.

I want to note Ari's post right before, as well:
In post 935, Aristeia wrote:i mean the scum team could just be gamma pavo and im going to throw them off this ship and we r going to win

i dunno why ur assuming the scum team is super leet pro scumz
skitter doesn't really engage with this post directly, although it has 2/3 of the same scumreads as Titus. however, soon after, she does go on to question Ari, not liking her vote on Gamma, and votes her, mostly citing Ari's attempts to gain thread control. She does have an interesting interaction with Ari later, at around , where she objects to the idea that she is derailing the Gamma wagon. I think a lot of the points Ari makes in this exchange are pretty good.

Then, skitter does similar to GL. After being absent for a bit, GL catches up, and makes a few posts talking about his rising scumreads on Gamma and marci, in posts like , , . skitter then posts , discrediting his marci push in a way that I think is quite scummy, actually, calling it "bandwagon-y" despite GL providing quite a few reasons. After GL re-summarizes them in , skitter just thanks him and moves on. The thing that I find especially strange about this whole interaction is that skitter's immediate reaction to the Beat flip was that she scumread most of the names on the wagon. But when GL starts focusing on the names on the wagon, skitter seems to be questioning why he would do that at all. It doesn't track.

All three of these instances feel to me like punishing players or dismantling their credibility for voicing suspicions on Gamma, specifically, whether directly or indirectly. But throughout this time, skitter maintains close to a nullread on Gamma herself. Sometimes she can see the arguments, or maybe even would be willing to vote, but it's not ever a primary suspicion, and it's not ever a full townread. I would expect this kind of defense to come from someone who is townreading Gamma, but she isn't exactly.

None of these really feel to me like skitter is hunting scum, either. Her primary focus is on people's reads, and why they shouldn't be having them. She does suspect Titus, but seems to drop it later. She votes Ari, but that suspicion has mostly faded as well. I think she's still scumreading GL, but then she votes his preferred elim. It feels like her suspicions come and go based on what is convenient to her positioning, and not based on genuine reasons to townread or scumread people.

What I struggle with is that in this setup specifically, I'm not even sure if this makes sense for skitter to be partners with Gamma. One of them will have to flip first, and this kind of consistent chainsawing would be very incriminating. So I'm kind of at a loss. It's something that I see that to me doesn't look like it fits with a consistent town mindset, and something that normally would have scum motivation, but... I'm not really sure that it's right, due to the way the setup works. I'm worried a little bit that I'm just seeing the game from the completely wrong angle, but maybe if I am then posting my thought process will allow someone to help reorient me.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 2239, Meuh wrote:The way people position themselves around her gives me the impression she's someone scum want as a lim at some point.
This is surprising to me! I didn't really get that impression, I thought it was mostly Isis who was scumreading her right now. What names were you thinking of here?
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:23 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 2241, Gamma Emerald wrote:
this is literally my pov for why I asked skitter that question so why were you busting my ass about it?????????
That wasn't really the impression I got from your posts. It felt like you had already decided to townread her and were looking for a reason.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: coral
I'm not exactly confident on this but imo your approach to me is absolute ass
<Embrace The Void>

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2245, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: coral
I'm not exactly confident on this but imo your approach to me is absolute ass
How on earth is this your response to lmao

Like I think 2242 is a really good post that resonates and this is all you have to say in response???
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I didn't read 2242, I did read 2244
<Embrace The Void>

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by Coral »

Okay, then! :)

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Aristeia »

if Skitter - Gamma are S/S they can never win

one of them must escape first and we will kill the other one immediately when that happens

Return to “Completed Open Games”