geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:03 am

Post by geraintm »

looking at vivax to begin with
In post 29, Vivax wrote:Gettin scum feels from George Bayleys series of posts as entrance.
Leaving it at that.
i hated this entrance at the time.

post 119 a vote for corwind
In post 295, Vivax wrote:Good morning.

UNVOTE: Corwinoid
VOTE: GeorgeBailey

Almost voted not_mafia, but it'd be more useful to keep him around as pet troll for now.
If he really triggers that many people to the point it's all I can read about, I'll reconsider.

Corwin/George looks like a good combo still.
pairing up votes
In post 424, Vivax wrote:
In post 393, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 307, UNOwen wrote:
In post 305, Elsa Jay wrote: Won't say who yet but reading the last four pages made 2 people move up in my town list and 1 down. I'm here to interact all day as well.
Where is Corwin on your list and why?
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?

VOTE: UNOwen
Scummy post.

UNVOTE: GeorgeBailey
VOTE: Corwinoid
and back again
In post 427, Vivax wrote:
In post 402, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 398, Corwinoid wrote:
Crescent wrote:It's true he has not named anyone else as scummy, but he's also been somewhat engaged. I'm still null on Unowen though - It's nowhere near as bad as players like George.
Somewhat engaged how? The only people with less posts are gibus, GB and NM (and the mod), and almost half (5/13) of his posts including his RVS are engaging with me exclusively. This looks a lot more like someone trying to hide and shade a slot than any actual engagement.
Agreed, Uno hasn't moved their vote since RVS and the shade in [post]307[post] feels like, er, posturing? Or would the right word be rallying.

Like whether or not they should move their vote in case there's any traction.
Do you have a townread on Corwin?
why do they care what their scum read thinks?
In post 599, Vivax wrote:
In post 513, geraintm wrote:Crescent, stop calling my random vote not random.
You are talking out of your ass.
I will ignore you the for the rest of the game because your insistence that you know my actions better than me is just baffling me.
When you come back, remember to do this.
i think this is their only interaction with me up to this point. there ar emore after but nothing serious
In post 676, Vivax wrote:
In post 675, Eiralox wrote:
In post 588, Corwinoid wrote: No. I knew the game was Normal, and what invalid roles there are.

Someone genuinely trying to solve would want to know what they're up against.
this can read null. it might be genuine town though-process coming from Corwin, and while I certainly wouldn't be thinking this way, it's not enough for a scum lean by itself. Corwin might merely be wondering why town! Vivax didn't do full private research regarding the setup(which, again, is not scummy on Vivax's part--- I myself stated my own ignorance on the matter.

This can be T/T.
And if the town doesn't vote Corwin, who should we be voting in your opinion?

George still?
weird post asking someone else for permission to vote
In post 785, Vivax wrote:UNVOTE: Corwinoid
VOTE: GeorgeBailey
back we go

Day 2....i dunno.
they are ignoring Corwin's claim which is weird.
i didn't liek their day 1 play, there are too many instances of just posts that are off to me and the fixation on george (town) and COrwin (who i am making the assumption is town at this point until proven otherwise, i cannot see their play today being from scum) looks so so bad.

considering the progression of their wagon today, i think id be ok with a vote there.

addendum

Not mafia is infuriating to play with. If town, they need to be sorted at some point through a night action or an elimination. if scum, they just get a free pass.

crescent - they feel like a different person on Day 2. they are just ignorning me - did i scare them off?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Yeah, I think I'm launching Vivax before Corwin.

The Goldfish replace out is all kinds of frustrating.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:11 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1001, Alexcellent wrote:Yeah, I think I'm launching Vivax before Corwin.

The Goldfish replace out is all kinds of frustrating.
yep, areplacement combined with not mafia is causing zero flow
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Eiralox D2 is also very different to Eiralox D1.

I would be open to a policy Not_Mafia elimination if we can't reach a majority on someone prior to end of day.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:22 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Oh when I offer it it's bad, but now you do it?

Et tu Alex?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:32 am

Post by Alexcellent »

:lol: it's different than calling for policy eliminations 5 seconds into the game, also you were calling for a blanket elimination of whoever has the lowest post count. I'm happy to policy launch NM specifically.
I was hoping D2 Not_Mafia does some stuff with more information out there but he's exactly the same as D1 Not_Mafia, so I'd be happy to not see D3 Not_Mafia

But I would ultimately prefer to launch scum where possible. Will wait to see Goldfish's replacement. I still need to go back and read more into Vivax/Corwin
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:36 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

I feel like since we know we got a vigilante in play that's less of a concern to waste our elim on them when they can get shot instead. But yeah worst case scenario we can elim there.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 999, Elsa Jay wrote:I guess we'll never get the answers I was looking for from Fish now, so I'll stick with my heart.

VOTE: Corwin

At this point it feels like Cres was defending both Owen AND Corwin's actions earlier. Maybe she realized Owen might've been the traitor and didn't want either of her teammates to die so she uses her voice and momentum to switch it onto George.

Now she wants to launch the significantly townier Vivax over Corwin? Nah. Not buying it.

If Corwin flips scum I nearly garuntee Cres is the third who has tried to take hold of the game after realizing her partners were passive.

I keep flip flopping here but yeah I don't trust Cres rn.

Edit: don't agree with just pointing it out for scum to also see but you do you Vivax.
I don't agree with everything in this post but I think the bolded line is not a bad point.

I've been apprehensive about Crescent but wrote most of it off due to differing playstyles. Also her frustration yesterday about the game activity felt kind of genuine which made me feel better about her being town. But there probably IS a scenario where scum!Crescent's only partner is a passive/low-content/troll player (i.e. Not_Mafia/Goldfish etc) and partnered with an unknown traitor, she may have felt the need to flood D1 with activity to make up for not knowing one of her scum partners and maybe another partner not contributing. Her frustration could have come more from feeling the need to carry scum faction in that regard.
Corwin/Cres is a possible team but I don't think Corwin flipping scum would make Cres a lock to also be scum.
Mostly just thinking aloud here.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Actually for what it's worth, I think Cres/Corwin is highly unlikely.
Cres was calling Corwin scum yesterday and had her vote on him and seemed to move to GB fairly reluctantly. Feel like given the lateness of the day that things shifted to GB, Corwin was at pretty genuine risk of being eliminated. Maybe scum buses D1 but in a 13p game where you don't know one of your partners, it's hard to see scum!Cres keen to throw scum!Corwin under the bus yesterday.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

I mean, I was mostly suggesting that if she couldn't tell who it was between Corwin or Owen who the traitor was, she would swing it to someone she knew was most likely a townie like George. I dunno.

But yeah, at least you can also acknowledge Cres could be scum.

What are the odds both Vivax and Corwin are town who just keep butting heads here?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Crescent »

Elsa is presupposing I would have somehow figured out Owen is traitor in that little speech there. I would like an explanation of *how* I would somehow magically figure that out if I was scum with Corwin.

This seems like an argument for me to possibly be scum with anyone
but
Corwin.

Yesterday I accused Elsa of not caring which of Corwin/Owen died. Now one's flipped scum, and she's still immediately going after the other. It could conceivably still be possible she thought GB was traitor and thought Owen/Corwin was T/T, which actually perfectly explains her behavior from yesterday going into today.

Because now she's painting an outlandish scenario that calls two people scum who don't make any sense as scum together. This reeks of trying to vote him off and just shooting me after he flips town.

Also Ger, nothing jumped out to me from your previous posts, did you want a response on something?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 804, Elsa Jay wrote:Well I can't just claim masons with him to prove you wrong, but frankly I'm like 95 percent sure if we don't solve the Owen Corwin thing now it'll be an issue for even longer. Plus we still got NotMaf.

What will you do if/when George flips town? Just says "oops" and go back to Corwin?
Anyways I'm the person who championed against Corwin yesterday and have made by far the best argument against him, but even to this I said I would at least give him 4 days to show me he's trying to solve and reevaluate from there whether he did or not. This is obviously before Owen's flip.

...But I also think Owen's flip demanded we take a step back and reevaluate anyway. Vivax and Elsa feel like they're clinging to the dying embers of yesterday's train. Elsa didn't even vote the guy yesterday and was only going to do it halfassedly late in the day. She sure takes a lot of jabs at specifically me at the end of the day.

I think there's a pretty high chance Corwin is town, and scum was hoping I'd go after him. This exact scenario is what happened involving Ger in 2272 - Scum wanted to use my voice to push him out.

The fact that it's only after I didn't that Elsa suddenly voted him and manufactured a scenario that made us both scum is.. "interesting".

I would vote Elsa before Corwin at the moment and it is not particularly close. We do still really need more from him though. The longer he goes without a significant contribution the worse I'm going to feel.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well I'm just seeing a common denominator. The people I townread mysteriously get eliminated, and while Vivax isn't as high as Clidd was, he's sure as heck better then Corwin RN.

You also voted Vivax because you had to accept Corwin as not-so-competent town, and
obviously
that means Vivax is scum? No it doesn't.

Didn't really even consider TvT a possibility.

Edit: will read above post in a bit.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Crescent »

....When have I ever voted Vivax?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:50 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

You didn't just vote Vivax and have Eira and NotMaf immediately vote there with you?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Crescent »

Um... No. The only time I've ever placed an early day vote in recent memory was in a game with 1 scum left on day 4, I was 99% sure who it was, and I just wanted to nuke said scum out of the game before they knew what hit them.

Like what have I even done to give any indication I would loosely vote on a guy I've barely even talked about all game at the start of day 2?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Oh. You defended Corwin, Eira and NotMaf vote there, and then I saw Alex say they would vote Vivax probably.

Nevermind on that point I guess. I thought you were basically saying to vote Vivax there.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh I will say I'm not a fan of like, any of Vivax's posts today, and #977 in particular is bad. Honestly, Corwin has given us more content today than Vivax has, given he's at least provided reads on people who aren't Vivax.

His entire day can be summed up with "Tunnel Corwin and hope Crescent follows."
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Vivax »

Wanting to lynch Corwin yesterday but being widely townread, then having to compromise on George only to find that today we've somehow regressed to discussing me is mildly disappointing.
A reason for someone to be mafia shouldn't become better just because you add more content.

Daily challenge: Find the player who attempts AtE on D2.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:28 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

What's wrong with emotion? I ain't a robot.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1018, Vivax wrote:Wanting to lynch Corwin yesterday but being widely townread, then having to compromise on George only to find that today we've somehow regressed to discussing me is mildly disappointing.
A reason for someone to be mafia shouldn't become better just because you add more content.

Nothing good comes out of me playing mafia emotionally.

Anyways, this post has two flaws.

A. You have yet to even
comment
on Owen's flip. I feel like you've just completely ignored it to continue to push the Corwin narrative. There's a stark difference between the approach you and Elsa have had to Corwin today, even though you're both on him. I haven't particularly liked much of what I've seen out of her theorycrafting, but at least she's doing
something

B. I wouldn't say you were being widely townread at all. I feel like most people who commented had you in their neutral range, and I only had you townlisted if Corwin was scum.

Vivax's 7 posts today:

#953: Joke sus on Alex. Says kill Corwin. Doesn't actually vote (?). Hopes I join.

#954: Fluff or Rolefishing at Eira. Choose one.

#956: More joke sus on Alex. Threatens Corwin.

#976: "Meh" response... To Corwin in a "meh" post. I'd actually have found it awkward if he townread me because it would go against his behavior yesterday. Not sure why Elsa would get a town read for scaring him off a vote either.

#977: Awkward, bad shade on Corwin.

#998: Rolefishes at Eira again, then says "kill Corwin it's a slam dunk" (yet his vote still is not on him)

#1018: Complainy, inaccurate post about the state of the game day 1. We had a 3-way vote going and there was some resistance to voting off Corwin. Vivax was also not "widely townread".

There is
nothing
of substance here.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:56 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1018, Vivax wrote:Wanting to lynch Corwin yesterday but being widely townread, then having to compromise on George only to find that today we've somehow regressed to discussing me is mildly disappointing.

L word is a no-no
In post 1003, Alexcellent wrote:Eiralox D2 is also very different to Eiralox D1.

I would be open to a policy Not_Mafia elimination if we can't reach a majority on someone prior to end of day.
feels like this suggestion could be a lazy one from someone wanting an easy elimination.
naughty point for you
In post 1006, Elsa Jay wrote:I feel like since we know we got a vigilante in play that's less of a concern to waste our elim on them when they can get shot instead. But yeah worst case scenario we can elim there.
i was sorta assuming it was going to be a one shot slot, is it common for Vigilantes to have multiple shots? seems overpowered if so??
In post 1007, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 999, Elsa Jay wrote:I guess we'll never get the answers I was looking for from Fish now, so I'll stick with my heart.

VOTE: Corwin

At this point it feels like Cres was defending both Owen AND Corwin's actions earlier. Maybe she realized Owen might've been the traitor and didn't want either of her teammates to die so she uses her voice and momentum to switch it onto George.

Now she wants to launch the significantly townier Vivax over Corwin? Nah. Not buying it.

If Corwin flips scum I nearly garuntee Cres is the third who has tried to take hold of the game after realizing her partners were passive.

I keep flip flopping here but yeah I don't trust Cres rn.

Edit: don't agree with just pointing it out for scum to also see but you do you Vivax.
I don't agree with everything in this post but I think the bolded line is not a bad point.

I've been apprehensive about Crescent but wrote most of it off due to differing playstyles. Also her frustration yesterday about the game activity felt kind of genuine which made me feel better about her being town. But there probably IS a scenario where scum!Crescent's only partner is a passive/low-content/troll player (i.e. Not_Mafia/Goldfish etc) and partnered with an unknown traitor, she may have felt the need to flood D1 with activity to make up for not knowing one of her scum partners and maybe another partner not contributing. Her frustration could have come more from feeling the need to carry scum faction in that regard.
Corwin/Cres is a possible team but I don't think Corwin flipping scum would make Cres a lock to also be scum.
Mostly just thinking aloud here.
It was not possible for me to read Crescent yesterday, i got way too up in emotion about them.
today....their change in tone seems noticeable, but i am going to have to be led by others on them (i know i normally hate it when i see people ask permission from others for a read, but i feel i have a genuine reason here for not having being able to intereact with them normally)

@ Crescent - i am reading Corwin as town too btw today.

and just caught your ISO on Vivax. i didnt spend much time on Day 2 (because of the lack of votes and as you put it, the general mehness to it) - but agree with you that they seem off.

really want nu-Goldfish to appear, and not mafia to just....do something
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Vivax »

Sorry for the L-word again. It's really hard to adapt when playing on this site and printing your thoughts quickly. 10 years of using it leaves a mark.
I think if you put the first post from Corwin I pinged into a Quiz, most players would think it's a mafia writing it.
In post 78, Corwinoid wrote:I'm here, I'm keeping up on things but I've been busy lately also. I'm consciously trying to observe more and drive a little less this game than I have in previous ones while I shake the rust off.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Crescent »

Probably the biggest reason it's hard to read me is I play mafia based on my mood and not on my role. I'm so easily affected by outside influences that my entire game can change on a dime.

You actually saw it yourself last game - I basically disappeared for the back half of day 2 after my emergency room situation. I made the right vote in the end, but it turned me into a virtual non-factor in comparison to my earlier play.

And this is relevant, because if Eiralox is anything like me, something may have happened to just completely throw them off from actually being able to focus on the game. I wouldn't read a lot into it yet after ~36 hours of the day being up.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1022, Vivax wrote:Sorry for the L-word again. It's really hard to adapt when playing on this site and printing your thoughts quickly. 10 years of using it leaves a mark.
I think if you put the first post from Corwin I pinged into a Quiz, most players would think it's a mafia writing it.
In post 78, Corwinoid wrote:I'm here, I'm keeping up on things but I've been busy lately also. I'm consciously trying to observe more and drive a little less this game than I have in previous ones while I shake the rust off.
Oh I agree that post was bad. One of the many reasons he had early scum equity.

But what I really want from you is one post of substance that actually has nothing to do with Corwin.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”