Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Crescent »

If you don't find 11 posts in 10 days with 0 content useless... Why even play? What is even the point?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Vivax »

I'd say that since I'm supposed to do a lot of legwork and I'm reluctant to do that with NM playing the way he does, this should probably be the day we policy-launch him.
If you disagree, feel free to do what you want. But then I'll do what I want too, which is nothing while I have an unreadable slot.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Crescent »

On that note I still have 0 objection to removing him from the game purely on policy. It's mandatory we do it at some point.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Crescent »

Kind of funny that Vivax and I said the same thing within seconds of each other...
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1051, Vivax wrote:I'd say that since I'm supposed to do a lot of legwork and I'm reluctant to do that with NM playing the way he does, this should probably be the day we policy-launch him.
If you disagree, feel free to do what you want. But then I'll do what I want too, which is nothing while I have an unreadable slot.
Tomorrow, maybe. I think you're early by at least a day.

Also, since it might not be clear from the last few posts,
this
is not a shit post. (Neither was finding NM useful).
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1054, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 1051, Vivax wrote:I'd say that since I'm supposed to do a lot of legwork and I'm reluctant to do that with NM playing the way he does, this should probably be the day we policy-launch him.

this
This feels like a really weird comment towards Vivax given he's currently voting Vivax..
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1055, Crescent wrote:
In post 1054, Corwinoid wrote:

this
This feels like a really weird comment towards Vivax given he's currently voting Vivax..
The appropriate treatment of NM doesn't change if you're town or mafia, I think. I'm kind of hand-waving the stats right now, so I'm open to a serious counter-argument if someone wants to make one. Basically though, you have better information about his slot by having no information than you do if he were actively deceiving or accidentally misleading reads. At some point he needs to get hard filtered by both sides, yes, but who spends a kill on it and when?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Spending an early elim to hard filter a slot you can treat with hard probability right now is distinctly anti-town though.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Crescent »

The fact that you seriously humored the idea that scum would ever kill NM is mind-blowing.

Like. I cannot even comprehend that statement being made as anything other than a shitpost.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

If you spent 5 minutes looking at his game history, it has happened. They don't know if he's a PR or not also.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1057, Corwinoid wrote:Spending an early elim to hard filter a slot you can treat with hard probability right now is distinctly anti-town though.
I think likelihood is NM is "town" and I'd still be on board with killing him. If town can't come to any serious consensus of who to remove on basis of play, NM becomes the consensus by default. He must be removed from the game eventually, and scum sure as hell isn't going to do it regardless of his alignment.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1059, Corwinoid wrote:If you spent 5 minutes looking at his game history, it has happened. They don't know if he's a PR or not also.
Based on my two games here, people seem to drastically overvalue PRs. PRs are only as good as the players who wield them.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Besides affirming the disjunct there, if he's town eliminating him is explicitly anti-town. Like, there is no world in which you should actively want to launch a town player as a pro-town move. Beyond that, the disjunct is false because they don't know if he's accumulating reads at some point any more than we do, and in a closed setup it has to be entertained he has a hidden solve he can dump at a future point -- this is not that future point.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Try harder. Day 2 policy elims are not "actively trying to solve."
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Crescent »

I've gotten rid of players like him before when thinking they're town.

We have like 5 people who are actually trying. If we can come to a consensus on someone, good. If we can't, we throw NM away like the refuse he is and take the night to re-gather our thoughts.

Look at you though, actually making an argument that looks like it's coming from town for the first time all game~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by Crescent »

(I admit have been wondering all this time if you've been defending him solely based on the fact that he's voting Vivax with you, though.)
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by Crescent »

I asked you earlier why you would've gone for Clidd given you last mentioned him all the way back in #182.

You should at least have an answer to back that up?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1066, Crescent wrote:
I asked you earlier why you would've gone for Clidd given you last mentioned him all the way back in #182.

No other reason but the polished entrance and general difficulty in getting a read. Wildcard means my next guess for mafia if someone among Corwin, George, Owen wasn't. The NK helped me narrow it down.

Anything else you want to know? If not, I would't mind getting NM out.

VOTE: Not_mafia
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

I just explained why that is explicitly an anti-town move, and then you go and do it anyway.

I'd vote you again if I could.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Crescent »

Uh

We are not policy voting NM out with over 5 days left in day 2. Trust me I want to do just that, but that's *bad* form. We still have to hear from both the replacement and Eiralox. Who knows, maybe we'll get another player who actually tries.

This kind of just feels like a convenient excuse for a guy who was tunneling all over someone while apparently not realizing he never voted him in the first place to just... Tunnel over the useless player instead.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1067, Vivax wrote:
In post 1066, Crescent wrote:

No other reason but the polished entrance and general difficulty in getting a read. Wildcard means my next guess for mafia if someone among Corwin, George, Owen wasn't. The NK helped me narrow it down.

Anything else you want to know? If not, I would't mind getting NM out.

VOTE: Not_mafia
We're 43 pages in, your candidates are someone you've been tunneling all game, someone you don't have a read on and might as well be random guessing, a slot that is *probably* Town, and you amke an early day PE vote on a play that was explicitly explained to be anti-town.

Ignoring any arguments I made earlier, what the actual fuck is this?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Vivax »

I’m clearly someone who values his own survival over launching mafia.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1071, Vivax wrote:I’m clearly someone who values his own survival over launching mafia.
Me too sometimes.

And i feel like I said this before, but again, we have a vigilante. Policy shots are half the shots vigis make for town because town or scum, nobody blames them for killing the dead weight. I don't wanna really wagon a guy who might lolhammer himself tbh.

Scum vigilante (I know someone asked about that before) is illegal so they only ever get 1 shot a night. We should at least let the Vigi know who to shoot. NotMaf getting launched feels like a waste of a day phase.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Crescent »

When I looked up vigilante on the wiki it suggested they're generally X shot here. There's no guarantee they can shoot again.

NM is only killed today if we end up in a situation with no better options, as much as I want to just murder him immediately. He's a solid vig shot though, as he needs to be removed from the game and doing it via a vigshot doesn't potentially cost us a day. We're on an even number right now.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well vigi is nerfed depending on how many PRs their are. Lower PR count or powerful scum usually mean Vigi gets more power to make up for it.

But I guess enough about the vigi for now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”