Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

It is obvious that our judgements, however, are just as necessary as our judgements; by means of our knowledge, the transcendental unity of apperception is a representation of our experience. In natural theology, the things in themselves have lying before them, in natural theology, the Categories, since some of our judgements are hypothetical. In natural theology, it is not at all certain that metaphysics is the key to understanding the objects in space and time. As is proven in the ontological manuals, practical reason is a representation of, in accordance with the principles of our ideas, the paralogisms; certainly, our a priori knowledge (and I assert, in the study of necessity, that this is true) is a representation of necessity. (As is shown in the writings of Hume, the intelligible objects in space and time, however, are a representation of our ideas, yet the phenomena are a representation of the architectonic of human reason.) As I have elsewhere shown, Hume tells us that our experience (and I assert, with the sole exception of the discipline of human reason, that this is true) can thereby determine in its totality our ideas. By virtue of natural reason, the manifold, in respect of the intelligible character, can never furnish a true and demonstrated science, because, like the thing in itself, it can thereby determine in its totality disjunctive principles; in all theoretical sciences, the architectonic of natural reason can thereby determine in its totality natural causes.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
The Abomination
The Abomination
they
Goon
The Abomination
they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:32 am

Post by The Abomination »

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand how to read BlueKang. The townplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical simping most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Brad's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these potss, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who scumread BlueKang truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Brad's existential catchphrase "[female player] IS OBVIOUS TOWN" which itself is a cryptic reference to Newcomb's epic How To Put Wolves In A Box. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Brad's genius wit unfolds itself on their mafia screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:46 am

Post by catboi »

In post 192, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i am not marrying my sister catboi is trolling
you're such a weeaboo i figured you might pull an oreimo
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

whats your read on spf so far
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 204, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:whats your read on spf so far
slight scumlean, her read on abomination looked like she might have come up with it to have "content" in her opening, a review of abomination's posts to that point showed they were mostly joking/shitposting, which is fun and good but hardly an alignment tell. do think abomination has had towny posts since then though, and since there are so many scum in this setup, having a handful of townreads means everyone else has greater than a coinflip chance of being scum
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:11 pm

alrite lets go

VOTE: spf
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
The Abomination
The Abomination
they
Goon
The Abomination
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:15 pm

In post 158, catboi wrote:
In post 155, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:....

I feel like you taking that shitpost seriously is more likely to come from scum!you because scum tend to think townies are "serious"
bad look
I don't get this.

Though I will say Pooky might be deep wolf/evil so far with I suppose their abrasiveness. I have no idea who they are despite them seemingly pretty familiar with us in the crowd

The Abomination
The Abomination
they
Goon
The Abomination
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:18 pm

In post 190, catboi wrote:
In post 187, AbbyandRani wrote:Do these games really go the full 7-10 days for each phase because wow that's a lot of talking/bickering?

The. Longest games. I play are 2 day/1 day so like uhhhhh

- sk
They often run close to deadline, but as it's majority hammer we can end the day anytime we're ready, and would encourage doing so, although right now we obviously still have a decent amount of people who haven't said much. Just have a little patience, let people work into the game at their own pace, and go from there.

(
Also, A&R has further towntold on this page
)
Is this a towntell? :shifty:

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by catboi »

I would probably make that observation as scum, too, so no, it is not a towntell.

(I don't think pooky posting abrasively is a scumtell in and of itself)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:28 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 186, AbbyandRani wrote:
In post 185, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i read MU spec chat
What is your discord name?

- sk
Please try not to reference a spec chat that involves ongoing games. Thank you.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Votecount 1.2

catboi
(2): staypositivefriend, The Abomination
Save The Dragons
(2): AbbyandRani, catboi
staypositivefriend
(1): PookyTheMagicalBear
The Abomination
(1): PenguinPower, 4maskwolf
Not_Mafia
(1): Not_Mafia
AbbyandRani
(1): Save The Dragons

Not Voting
(3): Arete Lastname, Taly, Meditation

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline ends in: (expired on 2022-06-26 21:33:19) .
Last edited by DkKoba on Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: 4maskwolf
<(") | (")>
4maskwolf
4maskwolf
Townie
4maskwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by 4maskwolf »

VOTE: Not_Mafia
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh boy - I hate it but I love it.
<(") | (")>
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:34 pm

sup pengy

what's happening
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Kettle One is happening.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

But also wagons are shifting. It’s fun.
<(") | (")>
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:44 pm

I had half a bottle of wine with my steak tonight I'm still kinda tipsy
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Why spf?
<(") | (")>
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:57 pm

i remember she felt townier at the start of the TM game
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

hi everyone

I'm finally caught up, since the game is multiball I'm focusing mainly on tone-types of things rather than mainly on solving types of things since evils can solve for real for the other scumteam but they can't magically smooth over the psychological differences between an evil and a townie

here's where I am right now, this is roughly sorted within tiers

townie people

AbbyandRani - so I don't know how to say this without sounding insulting but BK's pretty terrible as scum, the last time we played together he basically outed himself in his first ten posts with how much he just sounded like a robot going through the motions. Here I see the exact opposite, his posts all feel genuine, and the emotional reactions (e.g. P#156) are something I know he reaches for a lot more as town -- he's probably going to get mad at me for bringing this up, because he doesn't really like it when people read him off of it, but it's true, and as long as it stays true I'm going to keep reading him off of it.

Abomination - Ace is the one I find easiest to read in this monstrosity and the posts that read like Aceposts feel like what I expect from town!Ace (and when A&R also pointed that out, Ace was mostly just mad about being outed as Ace (P#55), he didn't seem to be trying to use that to his advantage or anything). I also melded with Marmot's initial vote on 4mask (P#35), I also thought that post from 4mask was weird, but I'm not considering that as much since evils can still solve for real.

catboi - this slot feels sort of blunt, in a down-to-business sort of way, like they just want to get to work (P#147, P#150, P#205). I don't really know how to explain this but I think the particular flavor of bluntness they have going on is more townie than not -- like, Professor McGonagall vibes [this should not be taken as support of JKR to be clear]

Pooky - If I had to describe this slot in one word it would be something like 'fast,' they're not exactly down-to-get-to-work in the way catboi is, but nonetheless they are sort of zipping around the thread. If they strongly prefer one alignment or the other, I think they're whichever alignment they prefer; otherwise they're occupying sort of a 'powerwolfing or very enthusiastic townie' sort of superposition in my head, but I'm leaning the latter, it's a kind of playstyle that brings a lot of attention. Probably my weakest townlean.

null/unsure

Taly - I'm sort of conflicted on this slot because some of the posts from Toucan (I think?) have really pure tone (e.g. P#105, the excitement there feels real), but Sol's P#110 feels really stiff and formal. I know there's a system on my homesite where one of the alters always has really bad tone as any alignment and another one always sounds incredibly pure and innocent, so it could be something like that, but I'm not totally sure which to listen to. (Also, @Taly, is there anything I should know about how to interact with or address you, like if you use different pronouns from each other, or anything?)

Save The Dragons - nothing really stands out to me in either direction tone-wise, there's not much to go on

Meditation - they literally have two posts and neither of them has anything relevant, either in a 'them solving the game' way or in a 'tonal tells' way.

Not_Mafia - they used to play on M451 and I read a bunch of their games there and they kind of just trolled every game, so I don't really know how to read them

scummy people

Penguin Power - I'm mostly trying to read people off of tone more than solving but his solving is really thin, like, there are some slots that just openly aren't doing anything, whereas he keeps making posts that are like one sentence long and barely add anything but technically contribute just enough that if you only skim it looks like he's doing something.

SPF - she doesn't really have much to go on, but I thought P#85 was trying to force sounding natural/casual without actually being natural/casual. Basically it sounds like she's the dude in the "How do you do, fellow kids?" meme except specifically the way he holds his skateboard over his back.

4mask - 4mask also feels like the 'fellow kids' meme (e.g. P#24) and I really didn't like his response to pressure (P#49) -- I've noticed that on my homesite evils often give a sort of 'haha you caught me' response when other people push them because they don't have an honest way to respond, whereas town will usually either address the points, or use it to read the person who's pressuring them, not just be like 'oh you got me'

VOTE: 4maskwolf
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

is there a way to automatically link posts? P#xx didn't work
The Abomination
The Abomination
they
Goon
The Abomination
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:34 pm

fun things from fatmo who's lazy and hates all of you:

SPF is either town or has TMId us town
BK/Sabi is a wolf who's TMId us town and 4mask wolf

pooky and penguin are town, taly too

So many of the people in this game know at least a handful of the people in The Abomination and would struggle to push us as non-town

catboi can be a wolf too (HK disagrees here and thinks catboi can be town but meh this is a post about what fatmo the lazy and mo fat thinks)

hot off the presses: nanook also thinks BK/SK can be a wolf but also thinks if they start posting real thoughts they could be town

fatmo says he has to eat dinner now so this has been updates from fatmo brought to you by HK.
He says maybe he'll be interested in posting when we get to lump but he's not smart enough to figure out 1. what is lump and 2. when that would be given multiple teams of baddies.

Speaking of which, the maf team is basically evil aligned survivors who can't do jack or shite other than make reads and do pushes.

Mafia, you're going to lose. It's beneficial if you town side plx and thank you. Give me wolves and I'll let you pretend you're doing well.

Stay Foxy and Much Love,
HK
The Abomination
The Abomination
they
Goon
The Abomination
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:35 pm