Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by Isis »

Do you love them
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2749, marcistar wrote::pensive: im not as loved as faker i see how it be...

yall didnt even ask for an update on if i liked the dresses... :pensive::v: fake friends everywhere...
hurtful towards me :(
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by marcistar »

no LOL

LIKE I RANDOMLY GUESSED THE SIZING WITHOUT LOOKING AT HOW THE SIZING IS
IT SURPRISINGLY FITS PRETTY WELL ACTUALLY EXCEPT FOR IN ONE AREA AND IT JUST RUINS THE WHOLE VIBES :cry:

its pretty dresses tho... but yeah..
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 2751, Aristeia wrote:
In post 2749, marcistar wrote::pensive: im not as loved as faker i see how it be...

yall didnt even ask for an update on if i liked the dresses... :pensive::v: fake friends everywhere...
hurtful towards me :(
wha how :pleading:
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 1918, Meuh wrote:The way the game flowed from Gamma to Beat doesn’t give me the impression either of them were scum. :eek:
Like there probably were some scum who participated in that shift, but I think they mostly just didn’t care and just settled for a mislim on whoever townies were pointing at.
Gamma shouldn’t be limmed today imo

To me, if someone wants to make a case for Gamma scum, they also have to make a case for how the Gamma -> Beat change was influenced by ill-intentioned people.
Otherwise, the circumstances make Gamma being scum pretty unlikely in my eyes
Faker/Fruit/Marci are all town tbh...

At least one scum in GL/Titus/Isis, I stand by this

Coral I could also see be scum I guess

Ari's town though, so is Cakez

Pavowski's Pavowski

Skitter uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh idk at this point

Hmm Skitter/GL/Titus/Pav are probably the scummiest players in the game

I should maybe reread stuff though

VOTE: GuiltyLion I like having my vote there, it's very comfortable :D
Better than on Fruit
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Isis »

How come I dropped off the second list of scummy people

Deep in your heart do you know you treasure me
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2755, Isis wrote:How come I dropped off the second list of scummy people

Deep in your heart do you know you treasure me
Basically, yeah
I was making that list and I truly asked myself "Is Isis scum?" and the answer was no
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Isis »

Loki is playing with my tiara
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm gonna put it on display and remember I'm a princess
"Well, I..."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Coral »

Meuh, that post is kinda concerning for me. It feels like you're reacting to new information, like a flip or a claim from someone you scumread, but all that's really happened is Faker replaced in. Previously, you were voting Fruit, and healing Ari/Isis/me. Now it seems your positions have changed significantly. It feels like it could be scum trying to reposition due to the change in the gamestate that a replacement brings. I am not sure what town thought process could result in that response. Can you explain more how you ended up where you are now?

pedit: okay, you're not scumreading Isis? maybe a little less of a change, then. it still feels a little off to me
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Isis »

She scumread me much earlier in the game so it could be a gravity well for her. Like. I've had games like that
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Isis »

Meuh can't b scum cause I made her laugh with a joke that is barely funny and it's even less funny for an informed player

But mostly bcos I'm treating it as my one accomplishment this game so if it was actually a scum laugh I have done nothing
"Well, I..."
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2759, Coral wrote:Meuh, that post is kinda concerning for me. It feels like you're reacting to new information, like a flip or a claim from someone you scumread, but all that's really happened is Faker replaced in. Previously, you were voting Fruit, and healing Ari/Isis/me. Now it seems your positions have changed significantly. It feels like it could be scum trying to reposition due to the change in the gamestate that a replacement brings. I am not sure what town thought process could result in that response. Can you explain more how you ended up where you are now?

pedit: okay, you're not scumreading Isis? maybe a little less of a change, then. it still feels a little off to me
I just took a moment to listen to my gut. :cool:
That post is basically just a bunch of gut reads.
Faker replacing in is fun and has given me a bit of motivation but that doesn't really change my perspective on that slot, no.

Some people are kinda surface level scummy as has been mentioned by others, but ultimately them being scum just doesn't resonate with me, deep within my soul. :good: Like Marci, Fruit, Gamma/Faker and Cakez.

Pedit: PAVOWSKI LUIGI :lol: :lol:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Meuh »

Also I will never get over how good this song is
https://open.spotify.com/track/4eZPjR0d ... 0741de4bf2
Like wow! :o
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Meuh do you have any thoughts or things to say about like... my Gamma push right before she replaced out, or my case on Pav

I do understand people scumreading me based on my position on the Beat wagon and the way I play but kinda similar to Coral I don't really vibe with you coming back to the thread and switching back to me without even acknowledging anything I've done the past few days

if it were me I'd want to be casing active content so people can see where and why my scumread is being scummy

(Fiona Apple is great tho)
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Meuh »

Right, that's probably something I should do.
I've read every recent post of yours (and every post in this game) but I haven't like, properly absorbed most of the recent discussion
Which should probably come before committing to a vote
I mostly voted for you because I didn't like my vote being on Fruit, and I also don't like voting for no one.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ah actually you know that's fair cause I am nothing if not a proponent of voting a scumread >>> voting nobody

if you've read up but haven't absorbed it yet I get that, think maybe I'm just being picky cause I thought I actually had a good point on Gamma and was expecting there'd at least be something to talk about in my recent play, but your response makes sense and not playing how I expect is not necessarily scummy in this instance I think

just uh, keep me posted on if you do ultimately find anything there scummy or convincing or whatever
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2630, GuiltyLion wrote:but you weren't trying to sort, you invented a narrative where 1. Fruit was
pretending
to be apathetic about being limmed because 2. Fruit thought Ari wouldn't pick him as the lim today

and I don't see any actual evidence or reason for believing either 1 or 2 in the thread

so yeah, strikes me as reaching to create a reason to scumread Fruit rather than genuine sorting
Is what Gamma said maybe a bit of a stretch? Sure
Does it seem particularly malicious or disingenuous? Not really
Gamma generally feeling town to me doesn't really help with making this argument more compelling, either. :?

Sidenote but is good

dunno how I feel about this reconsideration of your initial stance on Gamma. Like at first glance I see this being a townie genuinely reconsidering his perspective but then?... it also feels like self-critical scum.

hmm. It's like I get where your argument against Gamma comes from here? But it feels like a mismatch. It seems like (and Gamma said it was) a vibe read and you seem to be addressing it as a fully fledged argument against Fruit.
Your reaction reads like the reaction to Gamma putting out a confident read about a scum pairing, while in reality it feels more like Gamma just had a fleeting thought about a scenario where Fruit was scum that made sense to her. and you're treating it as something more. Not sure what that means about your own alignment.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 2763, Meuh wrote:Also I will never get over how good this song is
My absolute favorite lyricist.

And my favorite album from her.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2768, Pavowski wrote:
In post 2763, Meuh wrote:Also I will never get over how good this song is
My absolute favorite lyricist.

And my favorite album from her.
Really good lyrics, yes!
I need to get into her older albums, I've only extensively listened to Fetch the Bolt Cutters and Idler Wheel, it's probably my favourite of the two. I think the first 7 tracks on Bolt Cutters are a smidge better than the average song on Idler Wheel, but the last 6 are a bit underwhelming comparatively.
Idler is consistently very strong. :D
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Isis »

Who is Fiona Apple
"Well, I..."
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Extraordinary Machine has a very different sound (weird issues with the production of the album caused her to have to re-record it and I think she was bored or something) but it's also quite excellent imo. Waltz... Werewolf... Every Single Night...

I so rarely encounter other fans, it's weird, cuz she's phenomenal
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 2770, Isis wrote:Who is Fiona Apple
See =\

She's an awesome songwriter/singer/pianist from back in the 90s but she's still kickin, has about an album every 5 or 6 years cuz she's a weirdo like that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2767, Meuh wrote: Is what Gamma said maybe a bit of a stretch? Sure
Does it seem particularly malicious or disingenuous? Not really
mmm this is probably a core issue of our different views

IMO it's one of the most disingenuous points made all game, any time I feel someone is inventing a narrative for why they're scumreading someone it fires all the scumdar alerts because townies just don't tend to think that way whereas every scum post pushing or casing town is an exercise in fabricating things (that you know are false) to sell a story making somebody look bad.

It's hard for me to square Gamma's post as non-malicious when the primary reason he was posting it was to shade Fruit. And I don't think it's genuine for reasons I've stated - there wasn't anything in any of Fruit's posts that should have made Gamma believe that Fruit was purposefully aware of the monarch plan, the fact that Ari was the monarch, the belief that Ari was townreading Fruit, etc. Especially considering that the whole game Fruit has not seemed to be paying attention to anything happening on pages where he is not posting.

I just don't see how Gamma would earnestly come to a conclusion that Fruit is 'comfortable' because he doesn't think he's going to be selected to be unilaterally put up for lim by Ari. Fruit wasn't saying anything about it and was basically just thread prodging. There was no sign off on the monarch plan, no response to any of the heal votes, no appeal to Ari about who to eliminate. Being confident that Fruit was aware of any of this just feels fundamentally fake.
In post 2767, Meuh wrote:It seems like (and Gamma said it was) a vibe read and you seem to be addressing it as a fully fledged argument against Fruit.
Your reaction reads like the reaction to Gamma putting out a confident read about a scum pairing, while in reality it feels more like Gamma just had a fleeting thought about a scenario where Fruit was scum that made sense to her. and you're treating it as something more. Not sure what that means about your own alignment.
I'm a bit confused what you mean by "pairing" here - my reaction is just about Gamma's read on fruit?

regardless, "vibe read" or no, I don't think the strength/conviction in how Gamma presented the read affects the fact that the reasoning itself is what strikes me as inherently disingenuous. Gamma was
assuming
scum!motivation to Fruit to share that 'vibe', whether he presents that as a passing thought or a full on case doesn't really change my issue with it.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by Coral »

I like Every Single Night! :)